PDA

View Full Version : *_* Planet Ladder and Fruits Basket!

Tenjou
10-06-2002, 08:23 PM
*______* I went on a shopping spree at Suncoast!!! They were having a sale, and I got Planet Ladder #1 for 9.99, and then I got volume 2 half off! And since I bought 2 mangas, I got 2 free poster cards they were Hellsing and Gundam Wing, plus I got a free Shonen Jump preview magazine! Not to mention I bought a Fruits Basket DVD on a whim, because IT WAS JUST $2!!!!!!

Heaven.

(P.S-- Has anyone ever cosplayed any of the Planet Ladder or Fruits Basket characters? *_*__**___* I WANT TO COSPLAY THEM!!!!! *______*)

hel-chan
10-06-2002, 08:42 PM
*Dies of joy* YES!!! You know about "Planet Ladder"!!!*hugs and cries*;_;...gomen ne! it's just that it seems so un-popular and I haven't seen a single half-decent site about the manga series...and I love it!!! Kagami's so kawaii...and Prince Seeu*sniff*..you should get volume 3!!! It's more or less dedicated to him and you find out almost everything about his past...it's so sad...I cried....~_~*feels silly*

FU-RU-BA!! nya!!I need to get the manga!*_* buying the whole series on disc for $17...^.^ Can't wait to get it, ne!!! Yuki-chan and Ayame-chan are my fave...but I love cats so that's why I have the Kyo avatar thingie *-*;...*hugs a Kyo plushie* Hate Tohru Hatehate!>.<! Actually, I was planning on doing Furuba cosplay in the future, too..=^-^=

Tenshi
10-07-2002, 12:47 AM
I like Planet Ladder, although I have to reread the manga five times to understand what's going on. I don't know why, but the way the manga flows. . .is confusing. But yeah, I like it. I thought it was going to be an Escaflowne ripoff, when I first started reading it, but it's surprised me.

I've seen Fruits Basket cosplay. . .but I think Planet Ladder's too new to have any cosplay dedicated to it. If I had black hair I'd cosplay Kaguya ^.-.

Tenjou
10-07-2002, 05:30 PM
[ *Dies of joy* YES!!! You know about "Planet Ladder"!!!*hugs and cries*;_;...gomen ne! it's just that it seems so un-popular and I haven't seen a single half-decent site about the manga series...and I love it!!! Kagami's so kawaii...and Prince Seeu*sniff*..you should get volume 3!!! It's more or less dedicated to him and you find out almost everything about his past...it's so sad...I cried....~_~*feels silly*

FU-RU-BA!! nya!!I need to get the manga!*_* buying the whole series on disc for $17...^.^ Can't wait to get it, ne!!! Yuki-chan and Ayame-chan are my fave...but I love cats so that's why I have the Kyo avatar thingie *-*;...*hugs a Kyo plushie* Hate Tohru Hatehate!>.<! Actually, I was planning on doing Furuba cosplay in the future, too..=^-^= ]

-hugs back- It's ok!! ^^ I wanted to get the first volumes awhile back, but since they were having a buy-one-get-one-half-off-sale (hmm...like that payless commercial.. @_@;;;) I couldn't refuse. ^^ I was gonna get volume 3, but I didn't have money left. ;_____; I had gone to waldensbooks before I went to suncoast. suncoast didn't have volume 3 anyway. otherwise I would've dragged my mom in to fork over some $ XD. Kagami!! ^^ and .. Seeu... *_* you cried? it must be sad!! O_O;; just $17?!?!? It must be really cheap. I did get the first 2 'sodes for just $2.. ^^::: I love that show!! You hate Tohru? ^^:: she's not my favorite (yuki.. *______*) but she's okay. :D

[ I like Planet Ladder, although I have to reread the manga five times to understand what's going on. I don't know why, but the way the manga flows. . .is confusing. But yeah, I like it. I thought it was going to be an Escaflowne ripoff, when I first started reading it, but it's surprised me.

I've seen Fruits Basket cosplay. . .but I think Planet Ladder's too new to have any cosplay dedicated to it. If I had black hair I'd cosplay Kaguya ^.-. ]

Yes, it's very confuzzing. ^^: but it's cool!! :D I just thought the cover was pretty when I saw it on an anime site XD. Ooooooh! ^^ really? was the cosplay good? I must find a Yuki to cosplay with at shoujocon XD!! >D If I had black and blue contacts I would. ^^:: but that'd be too expensive, so I think I'll just stick to Tohru.

hel-chan
10-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Hai! I've seen Furuba cosplay too- both by asians and americans(means a lot) *_* *sighs*...ne...I had to read volume 3 of "Planet Ladder" to realize that Seeu-sama's hair is RED-.-;; BAH! I already did a fanart pic and made his gorgeous long hair silver-.-;;;;; *cough*...as I like to say....watashi wa baka desu...~_~;

Ah! I plan on cosplaying as either Ayame or Haru-chan!^-^ Actually I adore Momiji too ^-^ (His past is so sad!!!!!! but then, everybody's past is depressing...~.~ for obvious reasons ;_; )

Nya! I'm getting the whole Furuba series for only $17 because *shhh* I've got connections....*_* It's aaaall about who ye know...yeah, the anime mafia.....o.o;;;;;;;;;Jesus that sounded lame<.<;;;...........*coughcoughcough*....

Yggdrasil Pie
10-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Waiii!!! I seen Fruits Basket...although I dunno anything about planet ladder.... ^^;;;

For AX...I'm gonna cosplay Ayame...My friends think I act like him...and we're like getting a group together...Ayame's my idol!! XD

hel-chan
10-07-2002, 06:42 PM
sugoi...*_*

Sakura
10-07-2002, 06:48 PM
I'm a total kyo fan ^_^ It's nice to get to see other Furuba/Fruits Basket fans out there, 'specially cosplayers! And Tenjou, you're insanely lucky to live near a suncoast and get those kinds of sales ._. the best place for anime near me is the gigantic FYE store but they never have sales!

Tenjou
10-07-2002, 07:20 PM
[ Hai! I've seen Furuba cosplay too- both by asians and americans(means a lot) *_* *sighs*...ne...I had to read volume 3 of "Planet Ladder" to realize that Seeu-sama's hair is RED-.-;; BAH! I already did a fanart pic and made his gorgeous long hair silver-.-;;;;; *cough*...as I like to say....watashi wa baka desu...~_~;

Ah! I plan on cosplaying as either Ayame or Haru-chan!^-^ Actually I adore Momiji too ^-^ (His past is so sad!!!!!! but then, everybody's past is depressing...~.~ for obvious reasons ;_; )

Nya! I'm getting the whole Furuba series for only $17 because *shhh* I've got connections....*_* It's aaaall about who ye know...yeah, the anime mafia.....o.o;;;;;;;;;Jesus that sounded lame<.<;;;...........*coughcoughcough*.... ]

XD!! Maybe if you scan it, you can make it have a red tint with a photo program. ^^;;; course, it would make the whole picture have a red tint... ^^:::::::: If I go as Kaguya, I -have- to find a "doll'' to hang out with. >DDDDDDD and give me "water". >DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

O_O!!!! I NEED conections!!!! course, the dude at the comic store gives me things for cheap. maybe I can make him give me volume 3 for free this weekend. >DDDDDD mwhahaha! -is evil- It doesn't sound lame!! ^_^ the anime mafia!! :D that's cool!! ^_^

[ Waiii!!! I seen Fruits Basket...although I dunno anything about planet ladder.... ^^;;;

For AX...I'm gonna cosplay Ayame...My friends think I act like him...and we're like getting a group together...Ayame's my idol!! XD ]

Fruits Basket is fun!! I love the Yuki fanclub L-O-V-E- LLLLLLOVE YUUUKI!!!!! XD

[ I'm a total kyo fan ^_^ It's nice to get to see other Furuba/Fruits Basket fans out there, 'specially cosplayers! And Tenjou, you're insanely lucky to live near a suncoast and get those kinds of sales ._. the best place for anime near me is the gigantic FYE store but they never have sales! ]

^_^ It is fun. :D ^^:::::::::::::: please don't kill me, but the mall I went to also has a FYE. ^^::::::::

-makes a shelter-

I wanted to buy a Les Miserables movie there, but it was $30 for the dvd. -cries- I must see my Hans Matheson goodness!! *_* the suncoast lady liked me. :D I feel loved XD

hel-chan
10-07-2002, 07:23 PM
"and give me "water"...oooh you're sooo evil o.o;;;; *coughcough*....o.o;;......

Tenjou
10-07-2002, 07:24 PM
[ "and give me "water"...oooh you're sooo evil o.o;;;; *coughcough*....o.o;;...... ]

XDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dianannsano
10-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Whoo hoo!! I love Planet Ladder!! I have all 3 volumes of the manga so far and I can't wait for the 4th one to come out... Oh yea, I agree...Kagami is a hottie!!!

ReiChan
10-15-2002, 06:55 PM
I want to cross-cosplay Haru the cow-boy!!!!

He has such a cute outfit, and I love the hair. Not to mention how much fun it would be switching between "Black Haru" and "White Haru" at random...

Tenjou
10-15-2002, 08:33 PM
*_* I MUST see a Kagami cosplay at Shoujocon. I'll waste a whole camera on that person. *_* I'll treasure the pictures, forever and ever and ever. *_* -rambles on about a dream Kagami at Shoujocon-

-stops- ANYWAY!!!! ^^::::::::: hee hee

dianannsano~ Do you know when the fourth is coming out? ^^

ReiChan~ sounds like a good idea! ^^ I don't think I'll be able to do Kaguya though. I'd need the wig, and then I'd have to sew another costume, on top of the three I already have in line to do. ^^; maybe next year if I go to a con. :D

Tenjou
11-05-2002, 05:01 PM
I bought Volume 3 of Planet Ladder today at Waldensbooks. -cries- It's so sad!!

<3 Seeu!! *_*

dianannsano
11-05-2002, 08:54 PM
If you would like to know the release dates of Tokyopop mangas, go to tokyopop.com and look under the toolbar entitled Books. There you will get lots of information about release dates and manga information. Book 4 will be released in the middle of this coming December. I can't wait! Well, hope that helps. Bye.

Tenjou
11-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks! ^_^ Oooh, just in time for holiday shopping! >DDDDDD

mwhahahah!

Thanks again! ^_^

Fireflyprincess
11-09-2002, 04:49 PM
I love Fruits Basket. I want Kyo, I don't really care that he turns into cat I love kitties. I am planning on making a Hana costume.

Naru
11-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Planet ladders awsome!!

Tenjou
11-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Naru~ Yeah! I just finished re-reading volume 3! ^^

Tenjou
12-01-2002, 12:10 PM
I guess Volume 5 is coming out in March. Yay! I thought there was only four books. -dances around happily-

Shoujoka
12-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Ha!

I got that Fruits Basket DVD too! The dubbing job isn't half bad, although they should've gotten a female to play pretty-boy Yuki.

I loved that series, LOVED IT.

< ~ ~ Is an avid buyer of Suncoast.

I nearly bought the whole cart when they sold Pioneer anime for a dollar each..

~Shoujoka

Tenjou
12-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Yuki! *____* -drool- ehehe! >D

They sold anime for $1?!?!? WHEN? ;_;

Shoujoka
12-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Yes! Yuki-sama...
< ~ ~ Is on the mind-set that all Yuki's are kowaii...
Yukito-kun?

Oh, a few months ago they sold Pioneer anime - Tenchi Muyo, El Hazard, and Battle Athletes - Dubbed/Subbed VHS for a dollar each. ^^; I think they did at all Suncoast stores.

~Shoujoka

Tenjou
12-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Yuki's are great! ^^

O_O you're kidding me.

I could've gotten sooooo much Tenchi Muyo stuff!!!!!

>_<
X_X
V_V
._.;

Pretty_Kitty
12-02-2002, 05:47 PM
I love Fruits Basket, one of these days I'll cosplay as Kagura, but no time soon.

Shoujoka I know what you mean about the Suncoast sale, they were also selling Fushigi Yuugi tapes along with probably all old Pioneer stuff. I didn't get a chance to buy anything but my boyfriend cleaned up on Tenchi stuff. ^^;

Tenjou
12-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Ack! They were selling Fushigi Yuugi stuff too?!??

-pulls hair out-

Zelly
12-02-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna be Yuki from Furuba for Katsucon :D growing my hair out like his and everything. XD *cut it the other day*

Fruits Basket is out over here now? wow, I'm slow O_o Kind of afraid to touch it though XD

Tenjou
12-02-2002, 08:42 PM
ooh! A Yuki!! -glomp-

I've seen the first 2 dubbed episodes, and it isn't all that bad. ^^ In my opinion anyway. It's not horrible at all. ^_^ Quite cute. :D

-gets all happy and goes to work on Tohru costume-

ryuichi fangirl
12-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Yuki!! glomps plushie, I luv my Yuki!

Tenjou
12-06-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm making my own Yuki-mousey plushie for my Tohru costume. :D I'm also going to try and make a Kyou-kitty plushie. ^^ Which is sort of silly, seeing as I have a billion stuffed animals!