PDA

View Full Version : Ciel's cane?

h a r u
08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Hello, I'm new to making props and all that =3=, so does anyone have any ideas on how to make Ciel Phantomhive's cane? 8'D

Preferably not out of wood, or some materials I can't get easily D8

Thanks~

o01101011
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
...You can't get dowels easily?
And please post a reference.

makeshiftwings
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'd get a wooden dowel from Michael's and use super sculpey to make the bottom and top pieces. Use epoxy to glue them on!

Kelley
08-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I can't quite picture his cane off the top of my head - but you might even be able to just buy a similar one.

You can also buy a dowel rod as suggested - I almost did that once for a cane. : D

GORGEOUScissors
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
hmm well, are you making the one with the skull on top?

maybe you could use an old chair leg as your base. or if you can't take apart a chair, or would rater find another way, maybe you could go to home depot and find one of those stair handrail bar thingys (sorry, not sure what they're called) and then sand it down and paint it.since halloween is coming up soon, plastic skulls should be easy to find. 8D

hope this helps

h a r u
08-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Alright, thanks ^^ I'll go look for materials on the weekend xDD

Hawkstra
08-28-2009, 12:55 PM
And a random idea, if you're thinking about doing one of the anime-versions of it... I seem to recall one with a chess piece on the top? If you made a big chess piece out of Sculpey clay and glued that to the top of your dowel... Might be interesting... If that's the version you want....

Cloudsofsand
02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
hmm well, are you making the one with the skull on top?

maybe you could use an old chair leg as your base. or if you can't take apart a chair, or would rater find another way, maybe you could go to home depot and find one of those stair handrail bar thingys (sorry, not sure what they're called) and then sand it down and paint it.since halloween is coming up soon, plastic skulls should be easy to find. 8D

hope this helps

Uhmm...Yeah, I wouldn't suggest doing that. Not only is it ruining furniture but also it will be too thick then, the cane is basically just straight. I am making Ciel's cane as well (the one with the skull on top) and I am using a dowel and painting it and using sculpy clay for the rest..it's a lot easier and cheaper than ripping apart furniture and hoping to find a skull ^^;

Umbamabumba
02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
I,m not sure which version of Ciel's cane your preferring to as you don't have a reference picture, Anywho for the version of Ciel's cane with the curved topper( I plan on making this version of the cane myself in the near future) As has been suggested already I would make base of the cane from a Dowell Rod and paint, as for the handle piece ontop of the cane I'd recommended making it out of sculpy clay then fasten it onto the dowell rod by either drilling a hole into the handle,drilling a dowell screw into the dowell rod, then connect the two pieces together. Or respectively as said before glue the sculpy onto the dowell rod.
If it's the cane with the skull topper, I'd say make the skull piece out of sculpy clay.

MaikusRequiem
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I made a my Ciel cane using a styrofoam skull I got from CVS that I hallowed out the bottom of and hot glued down, Dowel I painted black and blue ribbon.