PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot in Japan

ミツキ
08-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi, I'll be heading to japan end of this year with some of my friends and we're hoping to cosplay over there. ^^
I was just wondering if anyone knows if we would like to join say a location based cosplay event or if we would like to have a photoshoot at a certain location, are there any procedures or things that we have to do to register?

I'm always spotting these location based events on CURE and I was wondering if any cosplayers went for a shoot there before and would be able to share their experience. ^^

Thanks in advance!

Bluewater
09-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi.
I went to some locations and it is quite difficult for you if you can't speak japanese. They prepare a change room for you and each event costs 2000 Yen/20 $. But some prepare photo backgrounds and lights some not... You are not allowed to change inside toiletts.
You should go to WTC or ATC in Osaka really nice. I also went to Tonari no cosu in Tokio during Comiket. Many people!!!

ミツキ
09-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the reply!
We're intending to cosplay at tonacos too! I have some friends going that cosplayed there last year.
What I'm aiming for are more of the location based like japanese or western styled mansions because my country has little to none at all ^^;

Bluewater
09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
hmm... japanese are quite a lot. But you can not take photos in public. Japanese People do not like cosplay. You can take some in private. But mostly the normal people will not allow you to take some cosplay photos....