PDA

View Full Version : Long Musashi/Jessie wig...

tennyoaisu
08-15-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm planning on doing an upgraded version of my old Musashi (Rocket Dan) costume. What I want to fix mainly is getting a wig. I live in Canada, so most of the wig websites are a lot more expensive to ship to me in Canada than they are to ship to the US because of the currency and shipping. x.x;;

However, since the costume itseklf cost me 15$ total to make, I can splurge to perfect my first costume. ^_~;;

What I'm looking for is quite a long, cranberry... erm, i'm not exactly sure WHAT color her hair would be described as... Dark pink? Dark pinkred? Guh...

http://hermes.spaceports.com/~musashi/pics/happygirl.jpg

If the link doesn't work, there's a ton of pictures here: http://hermes.spaceports.com/~musashi/musapics.htm

Michi
08-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Do you just want a long wig, or one that you could possibly style to her crazy hair? ^^

Amphigory.com has a REALLY long wig... comes in a hot pink that'd work well for Musashi. Dunno about their shipping prices, though.. o.o

tennyoaisu
08-15-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm going to leave it straight... The curve plain baffles me. o.o;; I've seen it done both straight down and curved, and they both looked okay. Someone suggested I use like wire or foam to support the curve if I do it... Not quite sure. x.x;;

I went to the site you suggested found this one:

http://amphigory.com/wigs_enchantment.html

in perhaps Ravishing Red? The pink they have is a bit too bubblegum pink, and not the darker rasberry-looking pink Musa has. *looks more*

Sami
08-15-2003, 08:09 PM
I would do ravishing red; her hair always looked like a fire-engine red to me.

That was the color of my own Musashi wig that I had... sadly though, it was a cheap wig and I never got to wear it. @_@

kojirojames2004
06-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Since they changed from hand-drawn cels in the series to computer-drawn, Jessie has evolved from a fire-engine red to more a dark auburn or maroon color, while James has gone from blue to purple to lavender.

Michi
06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Um, why did you just reply to a nearly 3 year old thread just to say that? It's not even relevant. Please don't do it again.

Queen Anime 99
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Um, why did you just reply to a nearly 3 year old thread just to say that? It's not even relevant. Please don't do it again.
Um, it's quite possible that she/he was trying to help by explaining how Jessie's hair now look. It seems pretty relevant to me. It's also possible that that person did not look at the date. It's not like he/she was doing it for the heck of it. You sound pretty rude.

Michi
06-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Um, it's quite possible that she/he was trying to help by explaining how Jessie's hair now look. It seems pretty relevant to me. It's also possible that that person did not look at the date. It's not like he/she was doing it for the heck of it. You sound pretty rude.

Not look at the date? To even post to this thread you'd have to go and search for it, and the original poster herself hasn't even posted here in nearly three years now.

...Not to mention this was posted two weeks ago and now you're just bringing it back up to be off-topic and make more needless posts in this thread.

What was done is called thread resurrection, and it really not necessary at all ever.

How is it relevant when the original poster doesn't need that information now? Seriously. Think about it. It's a shame you found my post rude, but I think it's really more how you read it considering there's no tone in my text.

Closing this now.