PDA

View Full Version : Super smash brothers mele photoshoot

Balmung
08-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey Otaku! I'm Going for at least one day of BAAF as sheik from Zelda 64/SSBM and I'm planning to bring a super scope and bunny ears with me so you can tell the difference between games! lol but anyone out there who is doing a nintendo cosplay should def bring a prop, or just show up and we'll do a photoshoot uf us smashing it up ^_^ I've already heard there's gonna be a bunch of zelda cosplayers there so common join up!

cyankirby
08-15-2003, 10:50 PM
There actually is a SSMB phot shoot happening at some point I believe. The thread is here... http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=9225&page=1&pp=15

Oshi
08-15-2003, 11:37 PM
That kinda fell through :X I know we lost Capt Falcon, Zelda, Pichu, Marth, and Roy (Yes, I can't do Roy in time. I was gonna do Link, but I won't have my Zelda, so what's the point >.>), I've heard nothing from our Mario, Luigi, or Pikachu... so yeah... It's kinda done for. You guys do whatever ^^;

Balmung
08-16-2003, 01:53 AM
awww bring your link there will be many zelda cosplayers! you'll be one of us! ^_^

cyankirby
08-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Well I'll be there as Bowser :D and I can finish my Roy costume in time (I think) if people want me to bring that as well...

TrustTheFungus
08-16-2003, 09:59 PM
HUH?! Huh? what?!
"That kinda fell through"? Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?
:bigcry: Well, I guess I outta go to the other thread and see if ANYONE(other than me and cyankirby) is still coming...or maybe I should start a new one? Or just steal this one? ah crap. To many choices. How about I just go to the other one? Sounds good. yeah. I'll do that.

If anyone is reading this and plans on wearing a Super Smash Bros. Costume go to the other thread and reply. Well, you don't HA\/ E to, but it would be nice if you would. =)

Nintendotaku
08-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm gonna be Link and I'll have a Ganondorf and a possible Zelda...maybe even a Nightmare (Soul Calibur)!

Oshi
08-17-2003, 03:38 PM
awww bring your link there will be many zelda cosplayers!By 'my Zelda' I mean my girlfriend doesn't have enough time to make her Zelda costume >.>;

cyankirby
08-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Well TrustTheFungus, even though it may be us and just a few others I think we should still have the shoot! It'll be fun if we can pull it off...

TrustTheFungus
08-18-2003, 03:41 AM
I think so too! =)
And a few people are better than none. :bigtu:

cyankirby
08-21-2003, 03:13 AM
I probably won't have Roy done for the con but I will definitely be bringing Bowser so I'll see everyone there! Can't wait!!!! And I'll bring my bob-bomb too! ^^

TrustTheFungus
08-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Ok, that's cool. I should finish Kirby...actually, I should go work on it now. =/

What did you make the Bob-bomb out of?

Oshi
08-21-2003, 05:35 PM
...hmm. *digs through fabric pile* ...*grin* I can make a couple Starman plushies... maybe a Super Mushroom...

Okay, in the odd chance that I can get Link done for BAAF, I'll go for it... heh

TyJILDown
08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
I didn't bother doing my Marth due to the whole Weapon's guidelines for BAAF...hoping for Anext...

cyankirby
08-22-2003, 02:17 PM
I made it out of an orange nerf ball covered in fabric with some foam for the top of it's head and just stuffed the feet. It's quite funny looking! :D

Oshi- Come to the shoot! It would be great to have a Link! :bigtu:

TyJILDown- Too bad... Their weapon guide lines are pretty strict which stinks. Well, don't forget to post photos when you're done; I want to see them!

Oshi
08-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Wee, I went out and bought the few materials I needed for Link... cept the green shirt underneath, gotta do somethign about that...

So, uh... when are we gonna do this? I suggest Friday during the afternoon...

KaineMaxwell
08-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Oshi if you're in my area before BAAF go to the Foot Locker at the Rockaway mall, they got all plain different colored t-shirts there.

Oshi
08-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Not tshirt. Long sleeve. I went to the Randolph KMart with Cat and got a white shirt that I'll dye green.

KaineMaxwell
08-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey that works too. Sorry, thought you meant a t-shirt.

TrustTheFungus
08-24-2003, 11:26 PM
So, uh... when are we gonna do this? I suggest Friday during the afternoon...

That sounds good. But where will we meet?

Oh....I don't think I'm going to be able to finish my Kirby costume. If I only had a few days more... But it would ha\/e been hard to take it all the way to NY, anyway. I'll ha\/e to take it to at Ohayocon(Unless I somehow I magically find some way to finish it real quickly).

Nintendotaku
08-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by cyankirby

It would be great to have a Link!

I'm a Link! I'll try to come! I'll try to bring my Ganondorf if he gets his costume come in time, too!

cyankirby
08-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Nintendotaku- That would be really snazzy! :bigtu: The more people the better... And Link is always cool. :skidude2:

As for time and place, I've never been to this convention so if someone could tell me exactly where it will be when the place is decided, it would be much appreciated! :)

Oshi
08-27-2003, 03:05 AM
Time and place were posted in the BAAF Photoshoot thread. 1PM on Sat, 5th Floor by the elevators. Sound good? We can change it if neccessary. There's also a general fighting game shoot Friday at 7PM by the dealers room.

As for my wind waker link... Tunic, belt 'buckle', and hat are sewn, making mirror shield and master sword outta cardboard (sword will be layered for an interesting effect...), and also gotta dye this white shirt green.

and...

*insert invincibility theme here* (http://68.83.105.145/starplush.jpg)

Balmung
08-27-2003, 01:36 PM
ummm I'll prolly only be sheik on sunday cuz they put the stupid masquerade then >.< soo umm can we work with that? or early on sat like noonish? so I can change back into my larva, sheik is annoying to get into XD

Eccoglyph
08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Gyah!! I forgot BAAF is this weekend! I'm supposed to be meeting some college friends in Manhattan, and I think they'd flip if I showed up as Samus and dragged them there. But I missed the Otakon SSB photoshoot cause I broke (stupid shoulder! Stupid wall!) and I really want to go to this one. Not fair.