PDA

View Full Version : Cosplayer needs a place to roost during con

StarAssassin
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi. I'm really looking foward to my second year at Mikomicon, but problem is I don't have anywhere I can stay during the con >< I live in the Monrovia/Arcadia area and I'm willing to stay anywhere as long as that person is for sure going at least two days to the con. I am 17 years old, very responsible, and I assure you I'm not a stalker xD I will bring my own sleeping bag and food so I won't raid your fridge, and maybe a tiny bit of space to hold my costumes. I'm been asking people I know too but I don't know everyones AIM or cosplay.com name so if you happen to know me thats a plus too xDD Oh and I can't be in house with cats. Me allergic to the neko kind lol

Thanks for your time and PM me after you post if you know for sure you have room :)

TheSinisterLove
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I've noticed a lot of people having trouble figuring out places to stay. problem is, i know my family wont want strangers in the house. I was considering pitching some tents in my back yard, putting out a table with bags of chips and water, and letting people stay back there so they can have the ability to come and go, and have someplace to crash with other cons folk.

My friend informed me that this would be treating people like dogs that need to be put outside at night. and the fact that i didnt see a problem, was probably the biggest problem.

I want to help people out, but i need to figure out how to give people a place to stay without my parents feeling that their privacy is being invaded. perhaps if myself and my friends also stay outside and keep an eye on everyone, that would make it a little better.

StarAssassin
09-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah I think it's because there's no hotels around for this con is whats the big problem

TheSinisterLove
09-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah I think it's because there's no hotels around for this con is whats the big problem

Yes. there are hotels, but definitely not close enough. it would really be great if all that grassy area could be rented out so people could sort of camp out on campus for the weekend.

Deadlywings
09-11-2009, 12:31 PM
If anyone needs a place to stay just PM me. I'm welcoming people who need a place nearby.

UndercoverKitty
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I've noticed a lot of people having trouble figuring out places to stay. problem is, i know my family wont want strangers in the house. I was considering pitching some tents in my back yard, putting out a table with bags of chips and water, and letting people stay back there so they can have the ability to come and go, and have someplace to crash with other cons folk.

My friend informed me that this would be treating people like dogs that need to be put outside at night. and the fact that i didnt see a problem, was probably the biggest problem.

I want to help people out, but i need to figure out how to give people a place to stay without my parents feeling that their privacy is being invaded. perhaps if myself and my friends also stay outside and keep an eye on everyone, that would make it a little better.

WOW!! That's a funny idea. I never thought about that. I would have loved to see that though although your friend is right...:crylaugh:

amateur cameko
09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm actually surprised for a college campus that there aren't that many hotels nearby...I'm able to get a room because I racked up enough reward points for a free night, and a I gotta use them before they expire next month. Unfortunately, my hotel looks like it's 10 miles away.

SourCherryTwist
07-07-2010, 04:19 AM
I live less than a mile away from the con. Id be able to put up ONE person in my room in my apt. for the con, Female (any age) or male (19+) PM me if interested. Im willing to do it for free, too.

hayatecrawford
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
The biggest question by far is, when is Mikomi will actually be? I heard the host will change date.

Super No 1
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
The biggest question by far is, when is Mikomi will actually be? I heard the host will change date.

I talked to the con chair of MikomiCore during AX and he confused the hell out of me.