PDA

View Full Version : How to make Saiyan Armor (DBZ)

Shadows Mask
09-02-2009, 04:41 AM
My friend and I are planning on cosplaying Saiyan Armor Vegeta and Trunks and were wondering which was the best method for creating saiyan armor and what is the best materials to use.

Thanx to anyone who can help.

Kalylia
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
A friend of mine cosplayed as Vegeta recently and he (in all honest seriousness) made the armor out of nothing but cardboard. It looked FANTASTIC because he took the time to paint it very well and smooth out all the edges.

ohoedipus
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey, that's what I was planning on making mine out of. :)
Good to know that someone's made it work.

Shadows Mask
09-04-2009, 03:37 AM
There we go... Problem solved.

Thanx

nobodysktr
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_saiyan.html
its the armor without the shoulder pads but since your pairing vegeta and trunks this should be what you need

Kasinator
07-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Anyone else find anything more Quality? I know i sound harsh, but it seems like it could be done a bit better with the right materials. I'll keep lurking and see what I find.

Priscilla_Chan8
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
My boyfriend got a sewstress to sew him one made of gold fabric and white vinyl. One version had a zipper but it didn't fit right. The version we like has Velcro along the side.

Kibafan
10-14-2010, 07:06 AM
well i have been working on mine and i use a frame made of wire (close hanger or flowering wire from and craft shop) than i cover the wire in a vinal fabric base color depending on the main color for the armor (for my frexia i used a light cheasnut red than i make a second frame that is the shoulder and the chest pice i put that on and stich it in also the base is made out of an elastic strip so it is like the anime and can open wide and fit most sizes if you want more info just pm me i am building a tutorial for it soon and i have taken another cosplay with the same amor system and it looked good and held really well its easy to make and cheap i spent 15 on it and thats with 2 yards of ex fabric (i can only find vynal in 2 or 3 yard) its all hand sewing so machine cant cause any mistakes like bobbin jam or other issues

Afr0Blu3
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I posted a tutorial here

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=222004

numero17
11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I like very dragon ball z, in special vegeta