PDA

View Full Version : Programe Schedule

MegaSoups
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
So the program schedule is up.... what do your think of it?

For me it look awesome lol. Too many panels to choose from. Ah it will be a busy week that days it sure will be.

Ukara07
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Altogether, it's cool. I just wish there was a dance/party or something. But I know that since it's NYC, they can't stay open too late, which in retrospect makes absolutely NO SENSE

TheAnarCHris
09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Altogether, it's cool. I just wish there was a dance/party or something. But I know that since it's NYC, they can't stay open too late, which in retrospect makes absolutely NO SENSE

Javitis has a hell of a union.

Also I think there's a free NYAF concert off ground one of the nights as well.

mrgetalife
09-02-2009, 07:11 PM
AKB48 Concert at Webster Hall on Sunday. The bestest day for a concert. :crylaugh:

Yeah the Javits will stay open late. In fact they'll love it if you did. But union overtime fee's unless you're a large corporate event. Its not going to happen.

But my jaw dropped on how late the show goes on friday night. Which is a good thing for me as i'll be able to at least make it.

M3lt
09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
This is my first NYAF, but do people generally mill around after the con closes? Or does it usually completely die.

I know it's New York, but 10 seems really early for our types to give up and leave.

Any fun things going on after?

mrgetalife
09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
It kinda dies because they physically kick you out with state police officers. Also the Javits is in the middle of nowhere in terms of NYC middle of nowhere. Its about 1/8-1/4 mile away from civilization. So figure out plans or at least a meetup place before everything shuts down.

M3lt
09-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, hell. I was hoping it'd be at least within walking distance of somewhere we could wander around and find something fun to do. ;-;

mrgetalife
09-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Well its within walking distance. Just you need to group up before you go. Its not like a hotel/convention con where you have groups just hang around because they are staying overnight etc. So some pre-planing or finding a group during the day would be my advice.

santose2008
09-03-2009, 07:32 AM
But what is there to do in New York after 10:00 that is safe if we go in a group. I don't want to go to far from the hotel area.

Yamia Ishtar
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Times Square. Its always fun to hang around there after 10, especially now that some parts are closed off to traffic. X3

But as to the program schedule, I'll probably be hanging around the SEGA booth mostly. ^ ^;

ZFandKILover
09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
wheres the program?

santose2008
09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
On the NYAF site and go under events. Click on the link NYAF Schedule Grid and it will show up.

DespairedPheonix
09-04-2009, 09:11 AM
This is my first NYAF, but do people generally mill around after the con closes? Or does it usually completely die.

I know it's New York, but 10 seems really early for our types to give up and leave.

Any fun things going on after?

Oh my!!!! EVERYTHING!!!

Restraunts, clubs, bars, wandering around Broadway and Times Square! Site seeing [if you haven't been there before] people watching [MY favorite,] those people on the street selling artwork? Yeah, they're actually WORTH checking out. It's the city that never sleeps, my friend! There's ALWAYS things to do!!!!

Well, hell. I was hoping it'd be at least within walking distance of somewhere we could wander around and find something fun to do. ;-;

Well, define walking distance. For me, walking distance in NYC is 15 NYC blocks. Also, there are no subways by JCC. Gotta walk back to Penn to find one of those things [which is 4 large blocks and 2 small blocks, by the way.]

ANYWAY, PROGRAM!!! I'm REALLY excited, this will prove to be a great experience indeed!!! ^.^

santose2008
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I only can pick a few because some I want to attend overlap each other. Most of the programs I have no clue what's it about. This is my first con where I have so many options to choose from. Zenkaikon never had something big like this before. What's are the good events to go to on Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you guys would direct a small convention noob such as me?

PeachFan
09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Please excuse my revival of a dead topic, but can anyone post their copy of the schedule please? The link says the file is corrupted, and I would like to not be going in blind here. Nothing's worse than having to pick what you're going to do on the fly and end up missing things you really wanted to see.