PDA

View Full Version : Ciel Phantomhive- Kuroshitsuji

rikuisepic
09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Regarding Cosplay as Ciel, what do you think the hieght should be for him?

I really don't want to cosplay as an uber tall Ciel. :p

Kalylia
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Reference Image (http://moe.imouto.org/post/show?md5=0874192771e93307524c14567a177910) Ciel is the shorter of the two.

I dredged up a reference image for you, but in the future, you'll probably want to include them yourself. (I'd never heard of the character in question before, though upon seeing him, I do recognize the character design.) I just helps people who want to help you! ^.^

As far as the height is concerned, I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'd guess Ciel is probably sitting at about 5'5", which would make the other character about 6'3" or so?

Though I wouldn't be overly concerned with the height if I were you. An accurate costume is all that really matters. ^.^

minnie1000
09-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah, height shmite! Accuracy and detailing of your costume is what's important, nobody will care that you're too tall or whatever :D

AlbinoPlant
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I agree with minnie about cosplaying for fun, but I too try to choose characters with similar height/body type so I know where you're coming from. Anyway, I would say that Ciel with boots would be around 4'8" to 5'1". He's a shorty. :)

Braithcakes
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
According to some things, ciel is somewhere between 5'4 and 5'6.

He gets taller in the 2nd season.

kirayamato44
08-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm cosplaying Ciel for Yaoi-con since I'm 5'3 well 5'4 on a good day XD. I guessed he was somewhere around 5'2ish. Well at least I know I fit in a suitcase if need be.

Tabby-chan
08-02-2010, 11:46 PM

He gets taller in the 2nd season.

omg im shorter than ciel! i fail hahahaha XD

Cosplay_Kitten
08-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm gonna be giant Ciel by me being a good 5'8" or 5'9" like a foot taller than him. However I'm sure I could fit into a suitcase if a Sebastian needed me too XD Anyway I wouldn't be really concerned with cosplay heights. I know a lot of people aren't. If you're gonna be a giant Ciel, being a giant Ciel XD All that matters is just having fun.

canal
08-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't see why it matters also =) But if u are having someone as Sebastian then hopefully that person is taller then u.

5'4 - 5'6... didn't think he was that tall... if so i'm either same height or shorter than him but twice his age... I fail too! oops XD

Juliapop
08-09-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm having some height-related worries, too. I've been thinking about cosplaying Sebastian, but I'm about 5' 4". I also think that it might be fun to cosplay Ciel, and I'd look a lot more accurate as him. The only problem is that I don't think it'd be nearly as fun without a Sebastian, and I don't have any friends who are that tall and are cosplayers. :<

If being a different height than your character doesn't bother you, though, I say you should go for it! If you're wearing a great costume and having Ciel's mannerisms down, it'll most likely be an awesome cosplay.
And you could always just take photos that don't really show your height. ;)

Did you read this somewhere?

Rikuzue
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm having some height-related worries, too. I've been thinking about cosplaying Sebastian, but I'm about 5' 4". I also think that it might be fun to cosplay Ciel, and I'd look a lot more accurate as him. The only problem is that I don't think it'd be nearly as fun without a Sebastian, and I don't have any friends who are that tall and are cosplayers. :<

If being a different height than your character doesn't bother you, though, I say you should go for it! If you're wearing a great costume and having Ciel's mannerisms down, it'll most likely be an awesome cosplay.
And you could always just take photos that don't really show your height. ;)

Did you read this somewhere?

lol...I'm going to be a 5'4" [well probally 5'7 with his demon boots] Sebastian at the end of this month >.<

Being the right height for a character doesn't really matter. I've have hardly seen any people at a con complain because a person is not the right height. What most people will look at is the workmanship of the costume, how you look in it in general and your mannerisms when your suppose to be ic [i.e. for photos].

squ33k t0y
08-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I actually looked up the average height of a 12 year old boy when I was starting my cosplay xD. I wasn't too worried about it, but for curiosities sake I wanted to know how close to an actual 12 year old boy I could get xP.

It seems to be around 5'3-5'6-ish. (which is good for me, since I'm only about 5'3.)

tsuoi_kaze
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I actually looked up the average height of a 12 year old boy when I was starting my cosplay xD. I wasn't too worried about it, but for curiosities sake I wanted to know how close to an actual 12 year old boy I could get xP.

It seems to be around 5'3-5'6-ish. (which is good for me, since I'm only about 5'3.)

FOR SERIOUS? That's really the average height of a 12 year old boy?

D:

(Is 5'2" and will be 20 by the time Ceil is finished)
Even though I am a girl, that's just sad.

Sikorsky
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
My brother is 12 ... I might use him as a reference for my friend who's being Ciel XD

kirayamato44
09-11-2010, 11:46 PM

Oh boy I guess I stopped growing at 12 then. XD

Rainbowgasm
09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Well I've heard that Ciel is only 5 feet tall... and Sebby is 6'1... I'm 5'2 and don't like wearing huge heels so I'm still okay XP BUT height doesn't really matter XP I mean... my group makes it work because we can but if it wasn't going to work out height wise- we don't stress over it XP

xShadow-Lightx
09-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Actually I have seen on some websites even here: AbsoluteAnime.com (http://www.absoluteanime.com/kuroshitsuji/ciel.htm) Ciel is 4'9. If he is standing next to Sebby he is about mid section without a hat and Sebastian is 6'2.

If you cosplay him people around 4'9 - 5'3 is best for him.

kikikitty1423
09-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm 5'6, so I already know I'm going to be rather tall for Ciel(Anime Expo 2011). My Sebastian is only a few inches taller than me, so shes going to have boots on that make her look taller.

In other words, we don't tend to stress about such things, since in the end, we just want to have a good time making our costumes, and good times at conventions.

Rerouch
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I cosplay Sebastian and am about 6', but with my boots, I'm about 6'2. I've always worried that I was shorter than Sebastian, but I guess I'm just the right height, but then again, as everyone else is saying, height or weight really does't matter. C: I cosplayed Naoto (persona 4) once, and it's just good to have fun. I already have a Ciel, but I'll be happy to take more boxchans.

DaemonForce
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Ciel is a child. 4'6 at the most! O_o
Sebastian is supposed to be very tall. Like 6'1 or something with shoes and all.
I've always worried that I was shorter than Sebastian, but I guess I'm just the right height
Exactly. Stop worrying about it. I'm just an inch shy of a great Sebastian but my arms are a bit slender. >.>'

Hmmm...Slenderman-Sebastian? I think I have a new art idea...

Rerouch
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Ciel is a child. 4'6 at the most! O_o
Sebastian is supposed to be very tall. Like 6'1 or something with shoes and all.

Exactly. Stop worrying about it. I'm just an inch shy of a great Sebastian but my arms are a bit slender. >.>'

Hmmm...Slenderman-Sebastian? I think I have a new art idea...

Haha. For one of the days at AX, dunno when, I'll be there as Slenderman in Sebastian's outfit, with Totheark.

HidingintheMist
01-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Haha. For one of the days at AX, dunno when, I'll be there as Slenderman in Sebastian's outfit, with Totheark.

I would love to see this. >_>
AX 2011?
If so, I need to find you and get your guys' pictures.

Rerouch
01-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I would love to see this. >_>
AX 2011?
If so, I need to find you and get your guys' pictures.

Yes, AX 2011. We'll be sure to look fabulously creepy.

TheDawn'sShadow
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't think height matters, just have fun! I'm cosplaying as Ciel and I'm 5'8''

EndThisRapture
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Does anyone have good reference photos of Ciel, or concept art? Any outfits are fine, I just need to decide which version I'm going to cosplay as @__@

HidingintheMist
02-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have good reference photos of Ciel, or concept art? Any outfits are fine, I just need to decide which version I'm going to cosplay as @__@

Theres a ton on this thread:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=224187

At least, the ones that aren't used as much.