PDA

View Full Version : romantic comedies...(know any??)

Ceres86
08-15-2003, 11:13 PM
I really love shoujo manga that's also ReALLy funny. Know of any liscened or unliscensed? Im starting to get into never give up, hanazakari no kimitachi e, good morning call, redmoon. lol:thumbsup:

baku_neko
08-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Kare Kano is funny. And so is Love Hina. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head right now. Maybe I'll post again later. ^_^

Shintsu
08-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Ah, try some Ai Yazawa manga. Paradise Kiss is licended by Tokyo pop, and it's hilarious. (not to mention extreamly styish) Fruits Basket, also really funny, is also licenced by Tokyo Pop, but i don't think it's out yet.

Pockilicious
08-16-2003, 05:17 PM
My favorite romantic comedy has to be marmalade boy

baku_neko
08-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah, totally get Paradise Kiss! It's great! Although it would be better if vol 5 would get here.... >_<

makonurikoryoko
08-16-2003, 08:59 PM
definitly get Peach Girl!!! XD And since you love the shoujo I have to also sugesst getting Call Me Princess or Princess Prince by Tomoko Taniguchi. Also Kare Kano ,Hana Yori Dango and Kodomo no omocha

Ceres86
08-16-2003, 09:22 PM
I got kare kano today, and i borrowed marmalade boy from my friend. i also bought digicharat and kodocha. I havent read it yet sooo..... but i really wanna get fruits basket when it comes out. I check out paradise kiss and peach girl and some others when i get the money lol (they cost sooo much!!)

makonurikoryoko
08-16-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah they do ^^ You should just chill out in a borders or some store and read them. lol Theyre pretty quick reading ^_^ Or beg your local library to get manga! My library has a ton

Ceres86
08-16-2003, 09:43 PM
whaaaaa...! that is so not fair....ive never heard of any american libraries with manga!!!! that is so kewl~

makonurikoryoko
08-16-2003, 09:49 PM
yeah I dont know why they started getting it but they did.. its like magic!! XD I love it so! They also have some anime DVDs and VHSs there as well XD ::hugs library::

Velvy
08-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Princess Prince is just sweet, and it's soo shoujo. XD Paradise Kiss is hilarious like what everyone said. Marmalade Boy certainly can be. Peach Girl -- the shoujo MUST. Kare Kano is funny and sweet (personally I prefer the anime, but the manga's just as good!). Oh! And Kodocha! It can be funny too. ^_^

Jehuty
08-17-2003, 03:08 AM
Kare Kano and Love Hina are pretty good......I enjoy them to a degree, that's says something coming from a guy. I've seen one guy reading Love Hina but it was kinda funny becasue he seemed ashamed he turned really quick as I was passing him, if he would've looked he would've saw me put down the same thing he was reading. Anyway for me putting my two cents on anything Shoujo or love comedy wise it has to be pretty good so those are my pics at least.

baku_neko
08-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Well it's okay for a guy to read Love Hina ya know. It is aimed for guys after all. I don't see why he would be ashamed....

Bebop_Faye
08-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Marmalade Boy is great! I can't put it down and I finish a vol in one night then if I have money I go and buy the next the following day... I would be reading the next vol right now but i have stupid summer reading and my school hasn't gotten smart enough to make us read manga. Wouldn't that be great!! I wosh... Fushigi Yuugi and Sailor Moon i suggest also.. although they have action in them too. ^_^

hikura
08-17-2003, 10:18 PM
How about AH!My Goddess(known here in america as Oh my goddess).I have not read chobits but it does have comedy and romance in it.

Bebop_Faye
08-17-2003, 10:19 PM
I've only watched Chobits subbed but it is really funny and very sweet!

Ceres86
08-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Belive it or not...i havent read Fushigi yuugi! XD i hear its a great manga (i read ayashi no ceres instead) I read all the sailor moon books, tho they werent that funny to me, i admit the artwork was beautiful and takeuchi made the story fit so well together. Ive read the first book to chobits and yes...its perverted lol XD (my innocent mind~)

Oh lord...im sorry to digicharat fans , but i didnt like it, it was plain boring (no good story plot)...im sorry!!!!

Um, i havent heard of any unliscened ones...are there any that u guys recommend ?(hopefully scanslated)

Chibi Bunni
09-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Peach Girl was a funny cute little manga...^^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-23-2003, 12:41 AM
hmmm..romantic comedies?.....Marionette Generation is a good one, along with Video Girl Ai. Real Bout High School is another one that falls into that LOL XD

lialia
09-23-2003, 06:23 PM
i have to second makonurikoryoko on hana yori dango (boys over flowers) its such an awesome manga and i totally get a kick out of it