PDA

View Full Version : Taking the train in costume?

technocolor
09-04-2009, 02:43 PM
So I plain on taking the train down to NYAF on Saturday from CT, but I was worried about going in costume and getting weird looks.

Not just that, but I know some people can just be plain nasty and rude. :lost:

Does anyone have any stories about taking trains to conventions in costumes and what I should do and be prepared for?
Also, what are the chances anyone else is taking the train down?

santose2008
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
If I was on the train with you I would take your picture. But that's just me. Who are you going to be anyway? If you're from a popular anime such as Naruto, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! the kids will love you and then the parents on the train won't think you are a freak. I'm telling you if I was on the train dressed as Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi the kids would love me.

HimeZelda
09-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I AM! LOL so is my boyfriend, IN A FULL SUIT OF ARMOR XD

DespairedPheonix
09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Expect weird looks. Sorry, but they're going to happen. Once you get to NY, expect rude comments because New Yorkers are like that. Once your in the city, prepared for people to pay no mind to you. They will accidentally bump into you, step on you, and no, they won't say sorry, excuse me, or care about it.

I'm taking the train from LI. [as a friggen shark-man, I may add.] I go on trains in costume all the time. You will get weird looks. Some people may ask you questions about where you're going and whatnot.

Honestly, if you're not comfortable with people giving you weird looks, you really shouldn't do it. Because it's inevitable that it'll happen, won't lie to you. You may get some nasty comments like "freak" or "weirdo" ...it happens.

Hoshikorosu
09-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I'll most likely be in costume on the train ride to Penn on saturday xD.

Honestly, I never really did like traveling in cosplay due to the fear of getting negative stares and comments... and I get embarrassed if I'm not in a group. But hey, all I ever got was a few glances, and people would just mind their business. I've even gotten a neighbor in my apartment strike up a perfectly normal conversation about the weather when I was wearing my Sheryl Nome wig (uber blonde hair with pink highlights wut D: lol).

If they ask about your costume, don't be afraid to tell them you're on your way to a convention. And if you're just not into wearing your full costume like I am, wear pieces of it then fully change in the bathroom ~

Chiyo sen
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I'll be in costume, Ive taken the train in costume and I have walked around in costume. I get some looks, but no one has ever been rude or anything. Some tourists took my picture, haha. I suppose people in the city dont care too much. I dont travel in cosplay a lot, but to NYAF I have. Also for a photoshoot once... Sometimes I just change in the bathroom. I feel a bit better about it when Im not by myself. But Ive never gotten anything negative. I got a few compliments when I was in my D.Gray-man uniform though X3.

AngelxDeidrael
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
I've never been to a convention before, so I'm kind of in the same position. I'm also taking the train to Penn Station from Long Island, and unfortunately, I'm going to have to wear the wig on the train. Luckily the pieces of my costume can comfortably fit in my bag... but I suppose, I'm going with a group of people, so hopefully others won't be rude.

I don't know, I guess I've been to the city a lot through out my life, and I've never seen people be rude to others who are dressed sorta "weird". I feel like it's a common thing to see unusual sights in New York City. :D

Capt_Lucifer
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
To give you hope, I travel in cosplay all the time (in NYC as well as to NYC from Long Island) and I have NOT ONCE had a terrible experience or had anyone be rude to me. If anything, I've had people be very nice to me and seem politely curious about my costume. I've even had people think me and my friends were like... NYC attractions and they were all very nice.

I just want to say dont expect the worst but dont worry if rudeness does happen because those people are just not worth getting upset over. People are always going to stare but just remember this: no one knows who you are and theres no reason to feel threatened by staring ^ ^ (easier to say than to do, I know, but the more you do these things the easier it is to ignore)

kojirojames2004
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Ditto here on NJTransit from Trenton on the Northeast Corridor Line via the SEPTA R7 line to Penn Station. People will ask about it and you'll just say "I'm going to NYAF." Just ask AlterationsByEm as she wore the Giselle dress a year ago...

Zetchi
09-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I'll be riding the train from Jersey into NY. I've done it before and ridden the subway too.

Yeah prepare to be looked/stared at and probably have some questions asked of you. Riding in the subway once, this guy walked up to me and said, "Aren't you Rukia from BLEACH?" so you may find someone who recognizes you.

Yamia Ishtar
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
People will most likely ask you if your an actor, or something. They always do that to me when I'm traveling around in cosplay. XD

I expect a lot of people to swarm around me and my friend, since she'll be Silver the Hedgehog. I'm only walking around in parts of my costume this year.

But if anyone starts to bother you, complain to the train conductors. Ignore the stares, play your iPod to let people know, "i know you're staring at me, but frankly my dears, I just don't care." . I do this all the time when I travel in cosplay, even when I'm with friends, and I never see the rude comments or gestures or whatever. And let the masses you know through your body language, "yeah i'm dressed like a freak, but i'm having the time of my life!". Trust me, it'll make the trip to NYAF and back so much fun. :3

Kirakishou7
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I have been worried myself going to New York in costume as its my first time to NY. I take people starring at me pretty well, as I just don't mind... but then you get the rude people. When I was at Otakonb, walking down the street from my hotel to the convention. I actually had some woman grab my arm! She started yelling at me, stating I should be ashamed of myself wearing my outfit in public and I should be arrested. I was like uhh... its for the convention. She responded "well, they should keep you freaks locked up in the convention and not running around out here." As to say, I was shocked. It was my first convention experience. But she did not ruin it for me, but it happens. I think more likely depending upon what your wearing. A bleach outfit your fine. Rikku, hmm... angry old women yelling at you and dirty men trying to stalk you x.x. not trying to scare anyone, but have fun and always be safe! Ignore mean comments and embrace the good ones.

*mik0 muffin !
09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I'll be taking the oh-so-lovely NYC mass transit in cosplay to the con as well. You may get anything on the spectrum of impressed compliments, curious questions, and nasty remarks. Though I'm much more concerned about getting any part of my cosplay dirty/damaged in transit than anything xD;;

technocolor
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow! I didn't expect so many responses so fast.
Thanks guys ;_;

*mik0 muffin !
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
You'll be just fine, technocolor! =D See you at the con!

Bitter
09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
If your cosplay is portable, you could always put it into a backpack and bring it with you on the train that way. There are plenty of restrooms to be able to change in! I'll be traveling on the Bayhead line from Matawan, NJ into NYC. Yayyy public transportation!

Yamia Ishtar
09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah yeah~ You'll be fine technocolor. I doubt anyone will say anything to you, they might yell out its to early for Halloween. XD

So see you guys at the con! Keep an eye out for NiGHTS~

Zetchi
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I have been worried myself going to New York in costume as its my first time to NY. I take people starring at me pretty well, as I just don't mind... but then you get the rude people. When I was at Otakonb, walking down the street from my hotel to the convention. I actually had some woman grab my arm! She started yelling at me, stating I should be ashamed of myself wearing my outfit in public and I should be arrested. I was like uhh... its for the convention. She responded "well, they should keep you freaks locked up in the convention and not running around out here." As to say, I was shocked. It was my first convention experience. But she did not ruin it for me, but it happens. I think more likely depending upon what your wearing. A bleach outfit your fine. Rikku, hmm... angry old women yelling at you and dirty men trying to stalk you x.x. not trying to scare anyone, but have fun and always be safe! Ignore mean comments and embrace the good ones.

The hell?! I would have called harassment on her. =|

But yeah, going by your avatar, FFX-2 Rikku is a little risky to wear out. If I were me if I had the body to cosplay her, I would have brought a jacket. But then again, how much or how little clothing you wear doesn't matter. I was cosplaying Luke from Tales of the Abyss, clearly a male and covered up besides his stomach, and I had some guys hit on me (when I was with my boyfriend now less) saying they wanted me to spank them with my 'paddle' which was my sword for the cosplay. So ugh, just people... I have no words for them.

At Otakon too, I got grabbed by some guy while I was cosplay Arietta (see avatar) and he wanted me to go swimming with him in the fountain (where there are signs that clearly say, NO SWIMMING ALLOWED). This happened no less than 10 seconds after leaving my friends from a photoshoot we just did and I was walking back to the con center via the fountain -> con route.

darkfantasyange
09-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, you will get weird looks but you will also get people taking pictures and such that it's just the way it goes^^ . I live in the Bronx and I don't get weird looks LOL I will be coming down as well in train with some people who are coming with me

P.s I so would have punched the woman if she had grabed me like that LOL and if you don't feel comfturble going alone in the train try to form a group that's what I'll be doing^*^

Xaevier
09-07-2009, 12:27 AM
If your cosplay is portable, you could always put it into a backpack and bring it with you on the train that way. There are plenty of restrooms to be able to change in! I'll be traveling on the Bayhead line from Matawan, NJ into NYC. Yayyy public transportation!

Yeah yah for portable cosplay <3

I have to take the bus from Bergen County Jersey (armory express bus ftw) and fortunatly my entire outfit will fit inside a black garbage bag safely without getting damaged so I can just put it on when I get there.

(If you see a black mage say hi!)

Yamia Ishtar
09-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Make sure the police don't think its something else entirely Xaevier! XD

TheAnarCHris
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
From the years of experience I've gotten from hearing con/photoshoot stories, I find it best always to travel in regular clothing and change at the con in the bathroom or some such. Easier said then done I know, but it cuts down on the stares and comments. Relatedm, I've been pushing for a cosplayer's changing room for years @ NYAF, but we still have spacing issues thanks to the Javitis being anal about... space, as well a security measures, etc, etc.

SillyLilNeko
09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Hartford conneticut? Amtrack? Cause I am going there in costume. ;3

naaila
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I'll be going as Death the Kid from Queens so, thankfully, I'll be able to wear the majority of my costume since it's just regular black clothes. But I def wouldn't mind going in costume if I had a group of cosplayers to go with lol.

BotMan
09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I am also from queens. But don't know if i will wear mine on a train lol. I just hope the train won't run local.

Life Size 23
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I will be taking the train in from Long Island in costume. I've done it before. As mentioned before people might give you a look or say something but I wouldn't worry about it. Just ignore them. If you want to tone down your costume while your on the train I would try and put things on at the convention if you can. For example I'm not putting on my 3" spiky wig for Tsuna until I get to the Javits Center. Good luck and have a safe trip.

Capt_Lucifer
09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I will be taking the train in from Long Island in costume. I've done it before. As mentioned before people might give you a look or say something but I wouldn't worry about it. Just ignore them. If you want to tone down your costume while your on the train I would try and put things on at the convention if you can. For example I'm not putting on my 3" spiky wig for Tsuna until I get to the Javits Center. Good luck and have a safe trip.

8O which train are you taking from LI? I'll be taking the LIRR as well 8D

Chiyo sen
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
There are a lot more people taking the train from LI than I thought. Im taking it from LI too. =3 In costume ;)

Yamia Ishtar
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm taking the LIRR too. From Rosedale to Penn with just my NiGHTS hat and boots on. X3

Hoshikorosu
09-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I love how a lot of people are taking the LIRR xD.

Capt_Lucifer
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I'll be coming from Huntington. So for those who aren't very train-savy, anyone getting on at Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Hicksville, Westbury, Carle Place, Mineola, Merillon Ave, New Hyde Park, Jamaica,... i dont feel like going on lol, we could possibly meet up on the train ^ ^

Life Size 23
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
8O which train are you taking from LI? I'll be taking the LIRR as well 8D
I wrote you a PM about it. ^^

LostDonut
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I remember going on the train in the shinigami outfit from bleach...
this old lady thought I was going to some kinda of dance performance XD
She asked me about it. But that was it XD
It was a bit werid at first.
But I later saw other cosplayer in costume, and it became less werid X=
Sometimes its the wig that stands out the most with its crazy colors, so you can always put that on in the convention to not stand out as much.

I'll be going on the LIRR too =)
for Sat and Sun

Yamia Ishtar
09-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Luci-Taicho, I shall be seeing you on the train then. What time are you leaving? (its Jezabel from gaia)

Lil
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
I've never been treated rudely by the people of nyc. If your getting bumped or pushed while walking, it will probably be because you are moving too slow in the flow of foot traffic or it's just crowded. It just happens by accident from people trying to make it to point a to b on time, not to be rude. I wore 2 costumes to NYC and both times only had people ask the... "what is the costume for?" question. Unlike Baltimore (aka Otakon cntrl) it is a hustle and bustle for the arts, and within walking from Javits you have a few theaters for plays. People there are more used to the unusual in the streets.

I would only ask if you are in costume, be polite yourself and give us cosplayers/ anime fans a good name regardless of the situation you are in.

Capt_Lucifer
09-07-2009, 11:59 PM
@ Jez - Im not sure yet... i need to check with my brother to see when he's going and when my other peeps are thinking of getting there. I'll most likely want to be there a little before it opens up.

PandaPuff
09-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't think going with cosplay on the train is a big deal. Someone here mentioned you'll get rude remarks but it's not very likely. It's NYC for god's sake, we've seen it all.

Speaking of trains, is anyone coming from Queens? >_>

Yamia Ishtar
09-08-2009, 12:15 AM
@Panda: I'm coming from Queens. Hopping aboard the LIRR funtrain? :D

@Luci-Taicho: I want to be there as early as possible too. Me and my friend have to change in the restrooms and I don't feel like waiting for people to use the bathroom. XD

Capt_Lucifer
09-08-2009, 12:52 AM
haha yea I get ya, bathroom lines are no fun. I always come in my full cosplay unless I need help putting something on or something like that. I just dont care if people stare cause hell, the chances of me seeing them again and them being able to tell it was me in the cosplay is highly unlikely. Rude comments come from the insecure, so they mean nothing to me.

Yamia Ishtar
09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Rude comments mean nothing to me too, I just brush it off or stick my tongue out at them when I'm safely off the train. XD But this year, I'm entering my cosplay in the Hall Costume Contest, and I don't want it ruined in anyway. And my friend is cosplaying as Gijinka Silver the Hedgehog, so that means she'll be wearing all white, and I don't want her to get that dirty. XD;

Rainie
09-08-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm from Queennns but I got a class in the morning so I'll be taking the E(such a nice train =) ) to there =P

IDK how the LIRR is but if you plan on going anywhere else on the MTA whether bus or subway(if you want to explore the city), and concerned with looks whispers and comments, bring it with you and change in the bathroom. You'll be taking a major risk on getting it damaged especially if you plan on early morning transportation...or anytime really on the weekend =x

But it's like everyone says:
Most keep quiet and just stare but some people would just ask politely so it doesn't make too much of a difference. If you're conscious of it still, then bag it. Unless you got things you cant like swords(cover that up), wigs, big or delicate(cardboard, paperclay etc) props then just hold it if you can. Just be really careful with it(obviously).

Uhhhh since everything else has been said:
Something that worked best for me is just to act normal like you would in casual clothing. It gives a sense of security and confidence like you've done this many times. If you go about looking around to see if people are staring and whispering, then that'll make you look out of place(not that wearing a bright colored wig or outfits isn't xD) They usually don't say anything when I do.
Also...this will sound odd... but don't draw more attention to yourself by talking loudly or doing crazy things:Just chill! Cause that'll make you stand out even more.
I've had this happen to me a bit now: when I know that someone else on the same train car or near me is going to the NYAF or any type of anime-related event and I hear them talking loud and be disrespectful acting crazy(jumping around, random posing in the middle of the place, blocking places etc), even though I know the culture they are into, it actually gives me a bad impression on them. And to someone else outside of what we are into, it'll leave a worse impression. I mean... if you are the type to not care because you won't see them again, go ahead but you never know if any of them might do anything violent, argue or call a cop to you because you have a "weapon". (This CAN happen if they are jerk-ish enough)

If anyone does make a bad comment to you, just shrug it off and not let it effect you cause some people are just big jerks and will think it's funny. Or you can just laugh and make a joke out of it.

kaimiharu
09-08-2009, 04:31 AM
I'm from Queennns but I got a class in the morning so I'll be taking the E(such a nice train =) ) to there =P

Also...this will sound odd... but don't draw more attention to yourself by talking loudly or doing crazy things:Just chill! Cause that'll make you stand out even more.
I've had this happen to me a bit now: when I know that someone else on the same train car or near me is going to the NYAF or any type of anime-related event and I hear them talking loud and be disrespectful acting crazy(jumping around, random posing in the middle of the place, blocking places etc), even though I know the culture they are into, it actually gives me a bad impression on them. And to someone else outside of what we are into, it'll leave a worse impression. I mean... if you are the type to not care because you won't see them again, go ahead but you never know if any of them might do anything violent, argue or call a cop to you because you have a "weapon". (This CAN happen if they are jerk-ish enough)

I can't agree with you more than that.
I live in the city and I've noticed such groups of people like that in public many times. I'm not saying that majority of people who are in this same culture/interest act immature in public but everytime I go to some kind of events, I always see them: loud, yelling at each other, do not watch out around and bump into the other people on the street, etc.... Being in public with a costume is not a problem, but being a jerk/anoying immature in public is wrong.

And be carefull with the weapon or a large prop. There's always police in the station, or street. And yes, new yorkers can be mean if you irritate them. Do not block the stairs or the other people's way. Most of busy new yorkers will get mad at the people who doesn't know where to go and blocking the way for the people to move around.

If you keep yourself chill, quiet and cool, not distracting anybody in the train, staion, and platform, it will be fine. NYC is full of wacky people, cosplay is nothing compare to everyday crazy subway jerks. As long as you do not chant all the jutsu lines from naruto and jump around the stairs to platforms with your sword, you will be fine.

emmisu
09-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I'll be coming from Huntington. So for those who aren't very train-savy, anyone getting on at Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Hicksville, Westbury, Carle Place, Mineola, Merillon Ave, New Hyde Park, Jamaica,... i dont feel like going on lol, we could possibly meet up on the train ^ ^

I wrote you a PM about it. ^^

Oh wow! so am I! I hope to see you train bound, who are you going as?

I'll be fully dressed on the train (as either C.C. or Haruhi)
Woot!

So for stories:
Anime Fest 2k8 I boarded the train with my sister, both of us decked out in full gothic lolita garb and the only looks or comments we noticed were from some old lady who loved our costumes xd
I wouldn't worry about it, just do what you want and don't give a damn.

PandaPuff
09-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Yamia: Nah I'm not going on the LIRR. xD I'm gonna be hoping on the F and to the E from here on Saturday. Since I have class in the morning on Friday, I'm going striaght there on the E afterwards. My college is not that far from it. And heck no I'm not going in cosplay to school. xD Especially since it's military and possibly racist? >_>

Rainie: Where will you be coming from?

If anyone else is taking the subway from Queens do tell just incase we wanna meet up! I gotta get there when the place opens because of meets and such. @_@

CZor
09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm also taking the....nahh..lol.....since I'll be going on Friday after class I'll just take the PATH and make a stop at Midtown comics (after getting my badge or before going to the Jarvits is another question).

Kyon will be easy since I can say I'm from a private school..LMAO....I'll just put the wig at the con center. and for Reborn the next day the suit coat, hat and gun will be in my bag until I reach the con

MegaSoups
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Yamia: Nah I'm not going on the LIRR. xD I'm gonna be hoping on the F and to the E from here on Saturday. Since I have class in the morning on Friday, I'm going striaght there on the E afterwards. My college is not that far from it. And heck no I'm not going in cosplay to school. xD Especially since it's military and possibly racist? >_>

Rainie: Where will you be coming from?

If anyone else is taking the subway from Queens do tell just incase we wanna meet up! I gotta get there when the place opens because of meets and such. @_@

LOL, I am coming from Queens. I don't know what time I will leave though. o.o

Capt_Lucifer
09-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh wow! so am I! I hope to see you train bound, who are you going as?

I'll be fully dressed on the train (as either C.C. or Haruhi)
Woot!

I'll be in full costume as well ^ ^ my cosplays are in my sig.

Rainie
09-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I'll be heading straight there from my morning class downtown with my boyfriend =]. So about 10 minutes on the E. I'll be bringing a really large duffle bag =D

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't think going with cosplay on the train is a big deal. Someone here mentioned you'll get rude remarks but it's not very likely. It's NYC for god's sake, we've seen it all.

Speaking of trains, is anyone coming from Queens? >_>

Please read carefully. The OP was referring to taking the train down from CT. NYC is NOT right next to CT. I was referring to the trainride pre-manhattan. Once you enter NY, people can be rude to you. Once you enter NYC, they stop caring. I also stated that once the OP arrives into NYC, no one would really care. However, taking a train down from CT can result in rude people. It does happen. Been there. Going through Upstate NY in costume isn't that glamorous. I once went from Upstate NY to Long Island in my regular clothing and got mean looks and nasty comments. Even coming from Long Island people look at you strangely and ask questions.

Honestly, if you LIVE here, you don't notice people giving you weird looks anymore. But if you pay attention, you will notice it. Whether or not YOU care does not mean the person sitting next to you in costume feels the same way. That is why this thread was created in the first place.

I will be coming from Syosset or Mineola!!! ^.^

Capt_Lucifer
09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I know this strays from the OPs original intention for this thread but...for those taking the PORT JEFFERSON BRANCH (see the above post with my quote in it that gives some of the stops) who are interested in meeting up, this post is for you! If not disregard this message and sorry for taking up space 8P lol

I was thinking I was going to take the 8:55am train starting at Huntington on Friday (its the first OFF peak train so less money, w00t). This train stops at all the stops (i think...) so if you're getting on any of the stops I mentioned, look for the train that gets to Penn Station at 10:05AM, it should be the first OFF peak train for everyone.

This may be a bit early for Friday (I honestly dont know when they start letting people get badges) so if people would prefer a later train, the next train that stops at all the stops (again, i think...) is the 10:24AM train that starts from Huntington and gets into Penn at 11:32AM... I think this may be the better train to take if NYAF is letting people in for badges later in the day... but then again, i dont know when they're doing that and Im always one who likes to get there early ^ ^U

I'll look into Sat/Sun later... unless someone has a suggestion... Sat/Sun scheduels are a little harder to manage since none of them stop at every stop, or so i believe...

GreyKungF00l
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Through my own experiences, I have only these options to give you:

A.) Safety in numbers. Or in this case, safety in "costumed" numbers. What better way to hide a tree than in a forest, no?

If option A is a no go:

B.) Be brave and face the masses head on. You're gonna take the train in costume by yourself. Prepare for an adventure.

If you wanna wimp out on B:

C.) Walk silently and carry a huge ass bag. Yeah, wear street clothes and carry your cosplay in a bag or suitcase BUT you'll have to drag that thing everywhere you go UNLESS you find someplace to store it safely.

Choose wisely my friend.

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I know this strays from the OPs original intention for this thread but...for those taking the PORT JEFFERSON BRANCH (see the above post with my quote in it that gives some of the stops) who are interested in meeting up, this post is for you! If not disregard this message and sorry for taking up space 8P lol

I was thinking I was going to take the 8:55am train starting at Huntington on Friday (its the first OFF peak train so less money, w00t). This train stops at all the stops (i think...) so if you're getting on any of the stops I mentioned, look for the train that gets to Penn Station at 10:05AM, it should be the first OFF peak train for everyone.

This may be a bit early for Friday (I honestly dont know when they start letting people get badges) so if people would prefer a later train, the next train that stops at all the stops (again, i think...) is the 10:24AM train that starts from Huntington and gets into Penn at 11:32AM... I think this may be the better train to take if NYAF is letting people in for badges later in the day... but then again, i dont know when they're doing that and Im always one who likes to get there early ^ ^U

I'll look into Sat/Sun later... unless someone has a suggestion... Sat/Sun scheduels are a little harder to manage since none of them stop at every stop, or so i believe...

I'll probably be on the train that gets us in at 10:05 :)

Capt_Lucifer
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah thats the one I think Im taking regardless of when it opens... I like hanging around the city ^3^

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Sammeeee, and also, the line will probably be long to be let in. Best get there early for a shorter wait time!!! :)

Redgrave45
09-11-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm taking the train to penn, I went to conventions in costumes before, once as Dante and the other as shawn of the dead. As Dante, people gave me weird looks some people laughed others wanted to take pictures, as shawn of the dead there were alot of laughs people kept looking at my shirt and going "you got a bit of red on you" all in all dont let it bother you be proud of it, and once you get to penn its not so bad becuase most of the people there are in costume too

Yamia Ishtar
09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I'll be hopping on the train to Penn from the Rosedale station. What time though, is to be debated with my friends. But despite what they may want, I'll probably be getting on that early train with you guys. X3

Moonsong
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Myself and some friends will be taking an early train in cosplay from the Poughkeepsie station to Grand Central and then I believe we'll be walking to the convention from there, if the weather allows. I think we'll probably be taking a 7 or 8 AM train since we're up north quite a bit.

Ron Jr
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I've been going to cons on the LIRR in costume for decades. Origanally comic/SF cons then Anime. Never had any bad experiences, but I would never wear something overly complex or with big props (especially guns). Since 9/11 expect at least a second look from law enforcement while going through Penn. My daughter and I will be on the Babylon branch saterday the train leaves Babylon at 8:28 (we're getting on at Lindenhurst) and arrives at 9:44. We will be in the second to last car if anyone wants to join us. We will be Gendo and Misato from EVA. Hoping to see some of you guys and gals.

redshadows
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm taking the train from New Jersey
>_> i'm gunna be sandshrew
i'm basing it off my avatar, although it doesnt look that out of the ordinary, i'm going to have a tail so i might get some looks

kojirojames2004
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Two years ago, I went to the Diamond/Pearl event in NYC at 10 Rock via the train, and this nice woman asked me if I was a girl. Turns out her daughter was a Pokemon fan and watched the anime.

folieadeuxxx
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes~ haha xD

redshadows
09-15-2009, 05:45 PM
well needless to say i'm still excited for it!
i'm hoping to see other cosplayers on the train
after all the NJ transit has a plethora of stops so maybe i'll see a few people :D

kojirojames2004
09-15-2009, 11:25 PM
SWo are you coming in the Northeast Corridor line from Trenton to NYC?

DespairedPheonix
09-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I really hope that it doesn't rain next weekend...cuz I have to walk from Penn to the hotel, which is right by the JCC...either way, I'm getting really pumped!

Yamia Ishtar
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
It better not rain...*shakes fist at the sky*

Capt_Lucifer
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Wah rain would not be fun for that walk from Penn to JJC D8 At least all my cosplays are rather managable so with an umbrella I think I'll be OK (all my wigs have stlying done to them so rain + wigs = DD8!)

Bitter
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone taking the North Jersey Coast Line into Penn?

redshadows
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
i hope it doesn't rain -__-
the 10 day forecast says it's going to shower on friday and thurdsday HOPEFULLY the saturday and sunday will be clear after that
then again the farther off into the week the less accurate the forecast seems so maybe it won't rain at all who knows

Zetchi
09-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone taking the North Jersey Coast Line into Penn?

I can't remember, but does that go straight into NY without transferring? I have to take the Raritan and transfer onto a train that goes into NY

HeyThurTisBree
09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I'll be on the train from Huntington to Penn Station, only issue will be if it rains Sunday I will be bring my costume with me instead of wearing it, although I will wear my purple Hanyuu wig with horns if it isn't raining and pack away my shrine maiden-ish costume still just so I don't ruin my hakama. But Saturday I will be wearing my Hanyuu school uniform, yet again hiding the wig probably- the rain would probably make it frizzy right? Or maybe not, I don't know. Would Kankalon frizz from rain? O_o Anyway, if you seem me on the train, feel free to strike up convo. I'm sort, will have horns & purple hair XD
-Bree

Capt_Lucifer
09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Im coming from Huntington too, I havent picked a weekend time yet for when Im taking the train, but Friday we're pretty much set (see the posts on page 4)

HeyThurTisBree
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Im coming from Huntington too, I havent picked a weekend time yet for when Im taking the train, but Friday we're pretty much set (see the posts on page 4)

Yea, I haven't decided the time yet, I have to discuss with my friends.
-Bree

Capt_Lucifer
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Im probably going to end up taking the 7:36 from Huntington that gets in to Penn at 8:39 on Saturday ^ ^

Facerape
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm going on a train in costume form NJ but not sure which one and one of them is pretty normal looking, but I'm going with a large group of friends so it's not so bad. I'm also used to weird looks and negative comments, I get those even when I'm not in costume, I just act really weird all the time

khcosplayer523
09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
im just taking the subway since i live in queens :D hoping my friends will ride with me ;P

Acro
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I know I'm taking the train to Penn from Metuchen on Saturday. Not completely sure on the time yet, but I'm thinking the 8:08 stop will be fine. Look out for a hyperactive school girl in a red wig and red jacket. That'll be me in my Minorin cosplay~ XD

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Im probably going to end up taking the 7:36 from Huntington that gets in to Penn at 8:39 on Saturday ^ ^

Oh, I'm taking the train from Huntington or Ronkonkoma. :D

Capt_Lucifer
09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh, I'm taking the train from Huntington or Ronkonkoma. :D

Cool, if you're going friday check out the posts on page 4 ^ ^

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh, wow! There are so many people taking the Huntington Train! Holy shit, I should take that one...I'm going on Saturday..

Capt_Lucifer
09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Saturday Im taking the 7:36am that gets to Penn at 8:39 like I said earlier so anyone taking the Port Jeff Branch should look for that train! 8)

khcosplayer523
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Omg u guys r going friday? 8DDD
Ima be there as yuffie from kh1...hoping to make the cosplay contest :/

lost_teflon
09-19-2009, 10:32 AM
oh man, usually I take the train in partial costume; not sure how I'm gonna do it this year w/out carrying too much stuff ( I most probably will have a fake guitar with me XD) Only last time I went to comic con did I see cosplayers; and then was I inconspicuous b/c my costume was obscure and normal looking.

Yeah, but on the way back I usually dont' care and just wing it ^__^

o0kamichan0o
09-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I've ridden the train in costume. Weird looks are a definite. Once you get into the city you may get a rude comment but most likely people will just ignore you. It IS the city after all ignore you most of the time anyway ^^ I wouldn't worry to much about it.

redshadows
09-19-2009, 01:05 PM
i've had a change of plans >_>
instead of sandshrew i might be going as a whomp
(that big block from mario 64 than tries to squish you, and has the band-aid on its back)
if i go on the train with this new cosplay i'm deff getting weird looks for sure XD

AterAngellus
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
^
People might recognize you, you are from MARIO after all.
I'm taking the train from Ditmars Boulevard on Sunday only, I have rides on all the other days. I'm going as Pyramid Head, gonna acrylic my arms red and hold the helmet, while the body suit and sword go in a bag. That's gonna be awkward.

iiWest
09-20-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm taking it from Brooklyn, New York ^^

vampricyoda
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Woodbridge. Taking in the 8:40 something train. Will NOT be taking the train in costume. But I will be in a black shirt/pants that are mildly skintight and a suitcase with the rest of my costume in it. YAY BAG CHECK!

Kuro_ri
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah I'm taking the train (from Brooklyn) all three days along with my friend who'll be doing Reborn with me all weekend long.

M'not worried about the getting into the city part. Its more like getting on the bus from my house and taking the train here in BK...lol But wth...I don't think any comment can ruin my excitement during the weekend

redshadows
09-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Woodbridge. Taking in the 8:40 something train. Will NOT be taking the train in costume. But I will be in a black shirt/pants that are mildly skintight and a suitcase with the rest of my costume in it. YAY BAG CHECK!

Woodbridge?! that's right next to perth Amboy which is where i am XD
i'm taking the 8:46 and i'm probably not gunna be in cosplay but i have to carry this big box around >_>, hopefully i'll find a seat somewhere

santose2008
09-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I wish I could be on the train with you guys. It would seem like a lot of fun and would love the stares people would give us. Somebody should take pictures/ record it, upload it on youtube so we can laugh at all the strange looks people are giving you guys. It would be funny.

DespairedPheonix
09-21-2009, 10:13 AM
My train is at 9:07 from syosset! Getting there at 10:05, that's the huntington line btw. I hope to see some fellow cosplayers on it!!!

4 more days everyone!

XxEmo SasukexX
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I am taking the train and in cosplay. I don't really like it, but I have no other option
I am taking the LIRR, Fri-Sun. 8D Hopefully I will also see cosplayers, I have before. :D
I am very excited !

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Just asking...Who is taking the Huntington-Penn train on Saturday and at what time? I wanna see other cosplayers. ' 3 '

Capt_Lucifer
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
For Huntington/Port Jeff Branch trains...

Friday - The train that gets to Penn at 10:05am
Saturday - The train that gets to Penn at 8:39am

Bitter
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I'll actually be on the 7:33 train from Matawan on Saturday. I want to get there early to avoid any problems with lines and to meet up with friends coming from LI. I also have a Hetalia shoot at 11, so I need a little extra time to put on my wig and the rest of my cosplay in the restroom. I'll probably do the rest of my make up on the train.

vampricyoda
09-21-2009, 06:49 PM
If you wanna wimp out on B:

C.) Walk silently and carry a huge ass bag. Yeah, wear street clothes and carry your cosplay in a bag or suitcase BUT you'll have to drag that thing everywhere you go UNLESS you find someplace to store it safely.

Choose wisely my friend.

Slowpoke.jpg. But the Javiets Center has a bag/coat check. So I'm doing that. Just a heads up for people.

Silv3rRain
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Is anyone taking the NJtransit bus #139 to Port Authority?
Or the trin from Aberdeen to PennStation?

I'm trying to decided which is the better option to go for and if anyone will be dressed as crazy as me. heheh
(It's going to be my first convention in cosplay XXDD)

(((On Saturday Btw)))

HeyThurTisBree
09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Just asking...Who is taking the Huntington-Penn train on Saturday and at what time? I wanna see other cosplayers. ' 3 '

For Huntington/Port Jeff Branch trains...

Friday - The train that gets to Penn at 10:05am
Saturday - The train that gets to Penn at 8:39am

I will be leaving from Huntington on the 8:36am train to arrive at 9:39 with my friends, and on Sunday we will probably take the 9:03 train that arrives at 10:09, or the 9:36 train that arrives at 10:39. There should be a good clump of us. A Hanyuu, Rena Ryuugu & Hopefully a Keiichi all from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, and some tag alongs & a C.C. =D
-Bree

Bitter
09-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Is anyone taking the NJtransit bus #139 to Port Authority?
Or the trin from Aberdeen to PennStation?

I'm trying to decided which is the better option to go for and if anyone will be dressed as crazy as me. heheh
(It's going to be my first convention in cosplay XXDD)

(((On Saturday Btw)))

Yup. I'll be taking the train Saturday morning at 7:30 from Aberdeen/Matawan.

Redgrave45
09-22-2009, 12:16 AM
im debating wether or not to take the huntington line or if i should go on the hempstead line both are pretty clsoe to my house

AirVee
09-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Anyone taking the subway? O_O #2 line hopefully?

Silv3rRain
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Yup. I'll be taking the train Saturday morning at 7:30 from Aberdeen/Matawan.

Niceee
Hopefully I'm going Saturday because my one friend dropped out at the last moment and my mother says that there's too few of us, but she said that she's talking to my dad later, and my friends and I are looking desperately for other people to come. -crosses fingers-

However if I do go, idk if I'll be able to go that early, I'm going with a group of guys so we'll see how well that goes over. haha
Thanks for letting me know!

Bitter
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Niceee
Hopefully I'm going Saturday because my one friend dropped out at the last moment and my mother says that there's too few of us, but she said that she's talking to my dad later, and my friends and I are looking desperately for other people to come. -crosses fingers-

However if I do go, idk if I'll be able to go that early, I'm going with a group of guys so we'll see how well that goes over. haha
Thanks for letting me know!

I need to catch the train at that time since I'm meeting up with people coming in on a train from LI at Penn Station. Plus, I have an early shoot on Saturday, so I want to be there with time to spare to be able to get the rest of my cosplay on and to check my bag. I don't know what the line will be like in the morning either, so I'm hoping to avoid that too.

kojirojames2004
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm coming in Saturday on the 6:04 AM R7 SEPTA to Trenton from my neck of the woods, mere walking distance from the station, then I'll take the 6:59 AM Northeast Corridor NJ Transit into Penn Station. It should arrive at 8:45 AM.

iiWest
09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Bahh. My parents are getting overprotective with the terror threats o___o

Silv3rRain
09-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Bahh. My parents are getting overprotective with the terror threats o___o

Ditto.

D:

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I take the train all the time, I plan on taking the nearest public train (which I believe is the N train) to 34th street and walking from there, anybody wanna join? I'm gonna be in a HUEG chicken costume.

HeyThurTisBree
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Ditto.

D:

Same, I'm kinda scared myself D:

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Same, I'm kinda scared myself D:

Well on the train, you'd be surprised how much Police Officers are laxed. The small percentage of cops that are viewed as Jerks are small. Now a days in the police force, mostly the rookies are watching the train with a bunch of experienced officers nearby should something happen. I was in costume numerous times and saw my New York anime festival badge.

Hell, one time my friend bought a katana from the place, and had it in public. Police went crazy on him, but when they saw his badge, they wanted to play with the katana and hold it and what not ._.

If you're in costume and have your badge, you'll be fine, if you're in costume on friday though (going to pick up your badge and lets say you have something hiding your face) make sure you take off your mask or whatever is hiding your face and have a smile on your face. Not too big of a smile, but remember, most of these NYPD aren't big on the cosplay fandom as it isn't big in the big apple, and when it was somewhat occuring in NYC, it wasn't really big. There was a huge convention gap between 2004 and 2006 for anime cosplayers in NYC so NYPD needs to understand. Surprisingly enough, the precinct near the Jacob Javits Center is really cool and laxed about this stuff.
So relax and be cool.
Oh one more thing for those planning on wearing the costume in the train. Lets say you want to cosplay a storm trooper, you and your friends go as storm troopers and enter the train. Technically due to New York City's anti mask law, if three or more of you are close enough and identified as wearing the same costume (such as storm troopers) you are technically breaking the law. The Anti-Mask law was meant to prevent people such as gangs and KKK to hide their faces behind a common mask or anything hiding their face. But there is a loophole to this. If Police (the Jacob Javits Center precinct of the NYPD is always notified in advance) are notified of a certain costume or cosplay event. Police can look the other way as long as you aren't acting like a jerk towards them when they stop you on the train.

iiWest
09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
That was a lot of information , but worth it to read ^^ Thank you!

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Iiwest, make sure you do research because even the simplest thing can send you to jail. xD I remember I was in the train cosplaying as "ANONYMOUS" (ZOMG HACKERS ON STEROIDS) and playing Fresh Prince on the radio. What's really hilarious is I walked in my V for Vendetta mask and suit with my boombox all the way from my neighborhood in brooklyn all the way to Manhattan. I live in a "ghetto" urban area where rap is played alot so alot of people from the hood laughed at me while the cops ignored me. It's usually in manhattan where cops are usually more careful. But man iiwest, you should've seen the looks of people when they saw me in the train in brooklyn. Hilarious. Anyways I'll be looking like less of a threat since I'll be in a huge chicken costume.
Oh like I was saying with the boombox, don't play music on the train if anybody plans on bringing a boombox through the train.
That and don't crossover to another train when your inside the train. You can get fined for that.

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I've done immense research on this topic so that I won't go to jail because I'm trying to have a good time. Anyways, I'll be at the con at probably noonish. xD you'll know who I am. Chicken vs Peter baby!

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Anyways, anybody taking the NYC subway on MTA? Me and my friend would like to go with at least a group.

iiWest
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Ahh~ I'll be taking the train from Brooklyn!

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Ahh~ I'll be taking the train from Brooklyn!

o___o are you near the J train? Because that train is closest to me.

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 09:56 PM
o___o are you near the J train? Because that train is closest to me.

I plan on taking the J train to Broadway Junction and then take the A all the way to the con, it will be a walk from the designated stop to the convention, but it'll be worth it.

Capt_Lucifer
09-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Dude can you please stop double and tripple posting... just edit your posts if you need to add something else.

BrahmaAnime
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Dude can you please stop double and tripple posting... just edit your posts if you need to add something else.

I'm sorry...I'm just so excited for this weekend! >_<

redshadows
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I take the train all the time, I plan on taking the nearest public train (which I believe is the N train) to 34th street and walking from there, anybody wanna join? I'm gonna be in a HUEG chicken costume.

dude count me in XD
except im getting there kinda early lol so idk i'm getting there around 10

iiWest
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Nahh, I'm taking the Q xD

BotMan
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM
I am coming from queens..and the only train i take is the A lol

AirVee
09-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Am I the only one coming from the Bronx Oo

rage-syndrome
09-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Every year NYC holds a zombie walk (not on Halloween)...I really get into it, and I gore myself all up...well...I arrived into the city 4 hours early before the walk...in full-on costume.

I actually got lost finding the meeting location for the walk, so I ended up walking around a lot of the city by myself, as a zombie...not ONE person was rude to me, nor did I get "strange" looks at all...people gave me pleasant looks, and they smiled and a lot of them took my picture. I also got complimented by people passing by...I go to NYC a lot, and I find New Yorkers to be very open minded and cool...now, it's the people in NJ that you have to kind of hold your guard up about...most likely, people taking the train from NJ are more likely to get rude comments/stares from them, rather than in NYC.

Good luck!

kojirojames2004
09-23-2009, 10:30 PM
"I am coming from Queens..and the only train I take is the A." :lol:

You do know they wrote a song about that A Train, didn't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRCFDxpN1Ns

Eri-kun
09-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm taking the N train from Brooklyn. I'll be in costume(Ranka and Konoha Gakuen Shino) but my costumes won't stand out from regular street clothes. I haven't noticed people staring.

kojirojames2004
09-26-2009, 02:01 AM
See you in a few hours!

Mega-Japan
09-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Nope, I actually changed right after it ended. Though the crazy hair still locks up some people to stare at me >.>...

vampricyoda
09-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Actully heading in an hour earlier then expected. Can't sleep and there's a street fair near my train station so I gotta go now. Need. . .coffee. . .can't funcition. . .

kojirojames2004
09-27-2009, 07:42 AM
The trip to and from NYAF was a lot of fun, and I got lots of compliments on my costume. The sole problem was the length of my skirt. As a guy, I now understand how many of you gals have big problems with those semi-micro miniskirts, especially the one Jessie wears.

HeyThurTisBree
09-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Will the rain today ruin my wig? Anyone know?
-Bree

ZenErik
09-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Will the rain today ruin my wig? Anyone know?
-Bree
Use an umbrella? :bigtu:

DespairedPheonix
09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
D: I didn't see any cosplayers on the train :'( ah well. lol

Sunnypunk
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I just recently went down yesterday to NYC for NYAF with my cousin. I was Nurse Joy and she was Officer Jenny, we really have no shame in prancing around in costume.

For the most part, people are pretty nice and are just curious. If people do make rude comments, it's just because they are afraid to do it themselves and envy you for being outside the box.

You really just need to feel comfortable in your costume and wear it like you are wearing a normal set of clothes. I do really love though when parents want their children to take pictures with me. It's so cute! And when walking in the city to the convention, the tourists visiting NYC who ask for your picture in the subway or on the street. Most in fact who happen to be foreign speaking tourists, New Yorkers could really not even care.

Just smile and be gracious!

Also! Sit with other people in costume if you find them! The more the merrier! And power in numbers!

ZenErik
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Good advice. I'll remember it when I finally cosplay next year. :)

Mega-Japan
09-27-2009, 07:26 PM
I was Nurse Joy and she was Officer Jenny, we really have no shame in prancing around in costume.
Hey, I got a pic with you, definitely one of the best cosplays I saw.

tehe~ (http://yfrog.com/3owithnursejoeyandofficerj)

Sunnypunk
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey, I got a pic with you, definitely one of the best cosplays I saw.

tehe~ (http://yfrog.com/3owithnursejoeyandofficerj)

Thank you so much! ^-^

Zetchi
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
The only interesting this year was getting stared at when I was cosplaying Minato from Persona 3. I was waiting in Penn Station for me and my friend's train back to Jersey, and this business guy was hardcore staring at me while I was sitting on the stairs. So much so that he TRIPPED up the stairs RIGHT in front of me. I wanted to ask if he was okay, but if I opened my mouth, I would have started laughing in his face.

And all the people's reactions when on the train, trying to find seats, looking back at me with like a triple take.

Sometimes, I really LOVE cosplay for things like this.

Silv3rRain
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
While I was leaving Saturday, I was at the train station with my two friends and my mom and I had to go to the bathroom. Along with all the stares, there were these group of girls(obviously from the con) that saw me and asked for hugs, so I hugged them all and laughed. My mom, watching this, after asked, 'Oh, who were those girls?' And I just looked at her and went, 'I don't know, but they wanted a hug.' Hahaha the look my mom gave me next was hilarious.
Shout out to those girls! Cheers! hahah ^_^

Mega-Japan
09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
While I was leaving Saturday, I was at the train station with my two friends and my mom and I had to go to the bathroom. Along with all the stares, there were these group of girls(obviously from the con) that saw me and asked for hugs, so I hugged them all and laughed. My mom, watching this, after asked, 'Oh, who were those girls?' And I just looked at her and went, 'I don't know, but they wanted a hug.' Hahaha the look my mom gave me next was hilarious.
Shout out to those girls! Cheers! hahah ^_^
The number of hugs before, during and after the con were countless.
What's up with the dozens of people carrying the "Free Hugs" signs anyways?
Whatever, it was fun XD.

Silv3rRain
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
The number of hugs before, during and after the con were countless.
What's up with the dozens of people carrying the "Free Hugs" signs anyways?
Whatever, it was fun XD.

I agree, I agree XXDD