PDA

View Full Version : squall and irvine jacket

lunasreincarnat
08-16-2003, 03:11 AM
ok i know katsucon is far away but im getting ready for it now... my little brother (ramuneandspam) is bringing a friend this year and they want to be squall and irvine. and ofcorse im making thier costumes. does anyone know where i can find a squall type and irvine type jacket. they dont have to look perfect. they just need to be the basic shape and i can add on to them. eh oh ya they will only be 13 then and they are very small and skinny.

ChibiRinoa
08-16-2003, 11:45 PM
a great place to get any Squall jacket is thrift stores. They have so many leather jackets there, and dont just check the mens jackets, womens too. You might have to take the jacket in a little, since Squalls is very high up, and the jackets they sell nowadays go below the waist. Then all you have to do is add the fur and a couple of mach pocket flaps and viola! Squall!

As for Irvine, that might be a bit harder since its longer and a rarer color. But id check the thrift stores anyway, you'll be amazed at what you'd find.

Guts_Berserk
08-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll

trance
08-18-2003, 10:37 AM
thrift stores are the best, ChibiRiona! that would definitely be your best bet. good luck!

Guts_Berserk
08-18-2003, 10:50 AM
or you could make it. I never shop, it brings all the fun outta it. You can't say you made all of it. Well you can but it would be lying. Make it you'll like the results if you do it right.

lunasreincarnat
08-18-2003, 03:13 PM
see im horrible at sewing lol so i just wanted to get them jackets to work with... its not my costume its my lol bros. its eaiser for me to just but the parts.

Psychotic Jei
08-30-2003, 03:00 PM
OKay..on my Irvine costume....I actually took a black trenchcoat like thing (I think it was kinda like a long hairdresser type jacket :: And then I bleached the bejeebus out of it. It worked out pretty well.