PDA

View Full Version : anime matsuri 2010

toshirua3846384
09-05-2009, 01:31 PM
:angel:so..... anyone going? im going as a maid, mihoshi from tenchi muyo, or a gtarl gtarl like aisha clan clan from outlaw star.

vietgirl018
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I didnt know that this was made.

im debating on what cosplay i want to wear right now.

ill probably go as:

Ciel from kuroshitsuji in his pink ball gown outfit
or
Mel from magical x miracle volume 5

beautifulfarie
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Me and my friend, AAK, may or may not go, according to my mother, but we probably will ^_^

We are definately going as Judai and Rei (from Yu-Gi-Oh!GX) but we're debating between Crow and Carly (Yu-Gi-Oh!5Ds) or Kairi and Namine (Kingdom Hearts). I may or may not bring another cosplay, but that's a secret XD;;;

Emotiongear
09-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Chelsea aka Effervescence is our Cosplay Director for 2010 (taking over from Blu). Cant wait to see what she has in store... :toothy:

Chelsea 'Effervescence' Christenberry is a Tennessee born, Texas raised cosplayer. Starting cosplay in the second half of 2006, she has competed in numerous cosplay competitions across Texas, taking home several awards throughout the years. She has also helped staff contests and has been involved with the process of running them since 2008, and now looks forward to heading her own show and helping to better the Texas contest scene as a whole. In her 'free' time, she works at Game Stop, eats junk food, and does the normal things any twenty year old girl would. She looks forward to Anime Matsuri 2010, and seeing everyone there.

http://www.animematsuri.com/img/chelsea1.jpg

http://www.animematsuri.com/img/chelsea2.jpg

effervescence
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Well hey there everyone! I look forward to seeing what you guys all bring to Matsuri, and hope you'll be entering our cosplay contest, it's sure to be a lot of fun!

:)

ShindoW_Kitsu
09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
My gf and I might go, at least for Sat. Our cosplay is a secret :x

darkwolfalika
09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm so coming. I'll most likely debut my Maximum Ride cosplay here ^^

iKuraudo
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I am so coming.
I am still kind of trying to figure out my next cosplays.

Emotiongear
10-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Anime Matsuri is announcing it's Cosplay Guest Line-up for 2010 tonight at 10pm CST!

Emotiongear
10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Anime Matsuri has announced its Cosplay Guest Line Up for 2010 -

Yukilefay WCS Team Brazil

http://www.animematsuri.com/images/AM2010/yuki_announcement.jpg

Thaís Jussim, better known as Yuki, has been making costumes since 2000, having won several competitions in Brazil and becoming the best-known cosplayer in her country. Yuki made more than 60 characters of games, animes, movies, and comics.

In 2007, she was part of the couple who was the Brazilian champions, and represented Brazil at the World Cosplay Summit in Nagoya, Japan. Yuki was also at the finals of the two editions of the Yamato Cosplay Cup International.

She participated as a special guest of the four editions of the brazilian tour of the international show Video Games Live, performing at the stage.

She also participated as a guest on the Carnival Parade of a samba school in Rio de Janeiro, in honor of japanese culture, and also participated in the production of a documentary about japanese pop culture in Brazil. In addition, she participated in several TV shows using cosplays and she is often requested as a special guest at anime and games conventions throughout Brazil and also in other countries such as Mexico and Argentina.

India Davis WCS Team USA

http://www.animematsuri.com/images/AM2010/india_announcement.jpg

India Davis Has been cosplaying since 1999, when she and her mother made a baroque satin Sailor Jupiter costume, spraypainted some thrift store boots, and called it a day. She has been sewing since she was 12, designing clothes since she was 8, and playing dress-up since birth. She was that kid who, instead of reading "Encyclopedia Brown," checked out every costume/fashion book in the entire local library. You may notice that she was kind of a nerd.

India grew up in Georgia, but moved New York where she attended the Fashion Institute of Technology, receiving her BFA in Fashion Design. She currently works as a design assistant and makes clothes and patterns all day long. Then she goes home and makes more clothes. She enjoys long walks through the city and Thai food, and can be easily plied with champagne and Marc Jacobs accessories.

Elizabeth Licata WCS Team USA

http://www.animematsuri.com/images/AM2010/elizabeth_announcement.jpg

Elizabeth first cosplayed in 1997 in a truly awful Ranma 1/2 costume at the Chicago Comic Con. She’s dressed up as a variety of characters over the years, and her personal cosplay philosophy is “Go big, or go home.” Style icons include Dolly Parton and Charo.
Elizabeth spent several years working in costume shops around the country and has made costumes for everyone from good-hearted Oscar-winners to raving divas nobody has ever heard of. She collects vintage clothes and loves sewing more than anything in the world except baby cows. She has a master’s in Japanese history from Stanford and currently works as a writer in New York. Her long-term career goal is to become either a drag queen or a parade float.

Francesca Dani WCS Team Italy

http://www.animematsuri.com/images/AM2010/francesca_announement.jpg

"There’s a name which echos throughout the Internet since the far 1998, that name is mine.
With no boast but with much glory it’s already more than a decade that everybody “talkes” about me everywhere, in every corner of the web and many times these voices come out from the internet to reach the printed paper and the television up till seeing me first-hand, in flesh and blood, in the many events of the whole world which see me as participant. I’m the first spectator of the story of my “double life”, as in a film or in a good book, where one day I’m the ordinary next-door girl which do the shopping in the supermarket as all of us, while the day after I find myself to walk with two bodyguards next to me and thousands fans which call out my name. There isn’t false modesty in my words, I talk about myself as currently I am. Many people have effigied as “the icon of net-idol”, a generation of high-profile little characters “created” in the net. Many people have praised me and many other have criticized me. Glory can’t exist without the two sides of the coin, this was for the valorous Greek and Roman warriers as for our new-millenium generation.
I was “born” on a small website created by me in 1998 on a free hosting, I grew up on the net till arriving till today, with a background of experience which everybody would envy. I had my bad moments, I fell down, I hurted myself, there were moment when I didn’t believe in me and in my worth any more and others when I wanted to go on and I walked together who has always supported me and has held out to me his hand. I’m going on and I still walk next to my guardian angel with no wings and with a mechanic eye. Now it’s 12 years that I have been walking along this road that I still don’t know where it will lead. Perhaps my decline will come, maybe not, but at least I’ve lived my fifteen minutes of glory, too.
I will grow up and there won’t be and I won’t want that there is place for these things.
I will become mother and insted of dressing myself, I will have to dress the blood of my blood.
I will become granny and when I will sit on my rocking chair with the cover on my legs I will have something to tell my grandchildren. I travelled all over the world, I brought my creativity in any corner of the globe, I spent part of my life to carry on an happyness that to many can be false but for those who believe in fairytales like me is the coronation of thousands of efforts in only one moral victory. A modern fairytale. As in a beautiful midsummer’s night, where all dreams become true. But nothing happens by chance. Everything is to be helped. No wonder my mott of life is a small sentence written in the hymn X, 284 in the Aeneid: “who dares, win” written in unmindful mind by Virgilio.
There isn’t much to say, I leave pages and pages with statistics to whom feel like doing them. The moment when there will be more important things and events will come and they will bring me away from this world which I created but my name will echos for many years on the net and I will do the strike even one more: even though what they will say, my “myth” will die hard.
Because the net, the big global brain of the new millenium doesn’t forget easily."

Francesca Dani

Emotiongear
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
A few more days until website launch!

www.animematsuri.com

MugetsuHime
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm supah excited for Matsuri this year! It will be my first time attending! I'm really excited and interested in what Anime Matsuri will bring to the table!

naki-ku
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
i'm going! this'll be my first time attending too. |3; i'm so excited, uhuhuhu. my crew has some really BA costumes that we're planning on unveiling at AM.

IchigoGirl
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Hehe! I can't wait for AM 2010! I have been going for 2 years now and every year is better than the last! I will be cosplaying as Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service and Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club! YAY! XD
I hope that there is a Studio Ghibli or OHSHC cosplay meetup! That would be awesome! XD

Emotiongear
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Please join Anime Matsuri's facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/The-Woodlands-TX/Anime-Matsuri-Convention/197694645651) for updates! Thx!

baka_shinigami
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Imma be goin as Tira from Soul Calibur 4 the player 2 outfit. And I might bring a random guy in random armor known as Dustin. Haha. Or he could just be in Tripp pants.

Leaf.
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, DEFINITLY going. I'm going to bring my Raichu for sure...not making anything else until then. But...what else should I bring? I have Soul Eater, Sora, and a Team Rocket Grunt. Probably some more I can't remember, too. XD

KitsuNova
11-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Debating on going. It sounds kind of pricey for me ._.; But I'm sure I can rack up some money in time for it all.

I really have no idea who I should be. I'm also debating this.. SIgh. So much work to do before Anime Matsuri.

Leaf.
11-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree. There IS a lot to do before Matsuri...I have big plans for this one, I want to enter my first cosplay contest, then my usual EXTREME Smash Brothers Tournament...

I'm ashamed though. Matsuri '09 was the only tournament I was ever taken out first round in...I did horrible...and I am back with vengance!

Oy...shouldn't psyce myself up for matsuri when it's so far away...

FE Freak
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Definitely a must for 2010. I haven't been to a con since 08, and I will not miss this one. I''m even group cosplaying with friends. It's gonna be awesome. I hope the hotel rates are low,because I'd love to have money for a room and a Super Pass this year. Stellar cosplay guest line-up by the way, Emo-gear. Really, bravo.

Emotiongear
11-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Definitely a must for 2010. I haven't been to a con since 08, and I will not miss this one. I''m even group cosplaying with friends. It's gonna be awesome. I hope the hotel rates are low,because I'd love to have money for a room and a Super Pass this year. Stellar cosplay guest line-up by the way, Emo-gear. Really, bravo.

Thank you for supporting us from the start and staying with us. Much respect!

KitsuNova
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
@ Leaf:

Good thing we have some time before rush week to get everything together. Same here, I'm planning on doing a skip actually. I don't think I deserve to enter the cosplay contest. Oi, getting in front of people and preforming scares me though...

I'm getting real excited too, probably not the best idea since AM is in like.. Ahh, April, right?

Gaah, first round? What a pain. Good luck for it next time around.

I'm worried about my cosplay though...

FE Freak
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
@ Leaf:

Good thing we have some time before rush week to get everything together. Same here, I'm planning on doing a skip actually. I don't think I deserve to enter the cosplay contest. Oi, getting in front of people and preforming scares me though...

You could just pose, I believe they had something specifically like that last year. It had Runway in it or something. You, or if you have a group can do that? They both award prizes.

Leaf.
11-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Ah, speaking of rush week, time for Yule-con.
But Matsuri is April. Heh...being on a stage is not one of my strong parts either. But I know that costume will be good enough to put on stage. Won't be uber pathetic.

And, yeah, I can't remember much, but everyone went on a runway and did some posing...

Sana-san
11-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure cause I didn't watch them last year, but most cons have both skits, and 30 second walk-ons, which is better when one doesn't want to perform. I never get to see them myself, but I'm sure that's how it goes. They don't have any new rules up on their forums, and their website still isn't fully up.

FE Freak
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow, A-Mat rooms are going quickly. I actually had a scare they ran out of regular rooms. Whew. I saw that you guys were raising those prices kinda quickly too. Didn't even know it was 40 dollars already. This con must be getting up there like A-kon already. Wow.

Leaf.
11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Wait...oh snap! Gotta get a room really quick then, huh? Can't wait until last second like Oni-con was forced. Lol...

effervescence
11-23-2009, 04:06 AM
@ Leaf:

I'm getting real excited too, probably not the best idea since AM is in like.. Ahh, April, right?

Gaah, first round? What a pain. Good luck for it next time around.

I'm worried about my cosplay though...

Hey there! It is good you are planning in advance if you are doing a skit, I find the best skits come from those who are really prepared! Also, skits will be pre-recorded only this year, so make sure you have everything pre-recorded and place on a CD.

effervescence
11-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Ah, speaking of rush week, time for Yule-con.
But Matsuri is April. Heh...being on a stage is not one of my strong parts either. But I know that costume will be good enough to put on stage. Won't be uber pathetic.

And, yeah, I can't remember much, but everyone went on a runway and did some posing...

You can do a walk-on, or you can do a skit, but it is all one contest. The runway style will not be implimented this year as it made things every difficult for group walk-ons, and for skits as well. It will be the usual walk, pose, walk, pose, walk, pose, a standard for most contests.

Leaf.
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
@effervescence

Only pre-recorded this year? Maybe I will do one, then...I always thought it was easier that way.

Sana-san
11-24-2009, 05:42 AM
@effervescence

Only pre-recorded this year? Maybe I will do one, then...I always thought it was easier that way.

I agree. That way you only have to pantomime versus actually having to remember full lines.

toshirua3846384
12-04-2009, 09:44 PM
hopefully they will be considering for a change; a talent show of some type ^^, anyways im looking foward to attend anime matsuri this year, anime matsuri does have a fourm site, with enough votes you guys can decide weither or not things happen ^^.

FyreGothChylde
12-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Edit:Actually no snub that..I'm actually going to do Vampire Hunter D and bring along some old ones. X3

effervescence
12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
hopefully they will be considering for a change; a talent show of some type ^^, anyways im looking foward to attend anime matsuri this year, anime matsuri does have a fourm site, with enough votes you guys can decide weither or not things happen ^^.

Well in a way, you could definatly use the cosplay contest to display your talents! As long as you are in costume, and get your performance cleared, you know? People are showing their talents in crafting garments, props, and wigs, as well as doing skits and showing off their writing, comedic, or sometimes serious sides. There are always dance skits, and some singing, but as fair warning, I am going to be [I]very[I] strict on the allowance of dancing skits.

What did you have in mind?

toshirua3846384
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Well in a way, you could definatly use the cosplay contest to display your talents! As long as you are in costume, and get your performance cleared, you know? People are showing their talents in crafting garments, props, and wigs, as well as doing skits and showing off their writing, comedic, or sometimes serious sides. There are always dance skits, and some singing, but as fair warning, I am going to be [I]very[I] strict on the allowance of dancing skits.

Oh well i was thinking if it came to a skit as in the dialouge improv type, it would be nice to reanact it with a seinfield/ larry david type of feel to make it comical, or when it comes to dancing it wouldnt be something from the haruhi hare hare yukai number; i find it to be overused and a little redundant at that note. Im thinking more on the line of what you would see from a short musical (thats musical as in on stage singing and acting )except done in a way that incorperates anime with 5 or more people. You know something well planned out and thought through, and not another one of those "Oh my god this skit is taking the 30 years remainder of my life skit, lets get it over with skit." Of course this is said using props in order to demonstrate the point they are trying to get across. Or on a simpler note someone playing a song excert from an anime with a violin and another person singing. But than again these are just ideas ^^

Emotiongear
12-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Anime Matsuri's official website is now live! Check it out

www.animematsuri.com

Emotiongear
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Look what I found...ahem :toothy:

http://www.planet-zero.com/pix/chelsea.jpg

effervescence
12-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh dear. And that, dear con-goers, is a prime example of what NOT to wear! =D

Emotiongear
12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Dont listen to her. lol. She tried to twist my arm to take that pic of her off, but we all think she looks great in that costume!! Go Chelsea!!! <3

Pinnapple.Pocky
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh! Hello! :D

I'll be going as Russia[hetalia] and Simon[gurren lagann] with my friends saying they'll cosplay as characters from either series.

Nice to meet you all~! :D

toshirua3846384
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Look what I found...ahem :toothy:

http://www.planet-zero.com/pix/chelsea.jpg

whats wrong with it

Emotiongear
12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
^ nothing...

Thats Chelsea, out Cosplay Director. She's complaining she looked too tired in that pic and it wasnt the greatest of cosplays lol

darkwolfalika
12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I can't wait for AnimeMatsuri. My first con ever and I loved it. Going as Umbreon gijinka,second costume still trying to decide.

strawberrimo8
12-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd proabbly go as a one day thing >< I may be Yin from Darker than Black...or some other character! haha, be sure to look for me! (:

tweentigercub
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Hiyo! Me and my friend are going to ginjika pokemon with another theme added to it. <3 But we will be fake pokemon that we found on the internet. ^^ I am islanine, which is a grass type arcanine and my friend is minifox, which is a weird pre-evolve vulpix though its white. x3 Here's a picture that I did: http://drunk-bernard.deviantart.com/...West-147328743

Maury V.
12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm sad to say i'll have to miss Anime Matsuri 2010 due to school and my internship. But for anyone in media going, I'll have to say that you all will need a LOT of tapes cause there will be so much to cover. AM 2009 had me use two Mini-DV tapes (I almost needed 3 for some of the interviews I did). Emotiongear will make sure you are well taken care of, that indeed he will!

SakuraTifaMoka
12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm going. It'll be my first year going. I'm excited. I'm at work and I was looking at the website. I nearly screamed from excitement. lol. XD

Maury V.
01-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm going. It'll be my first year going. I'm excited. I'm at work and I was looking at the website. I nearly screamed from excitement. lol. XD

You'll love it! It's a lot of fun!

Parvana
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
If I go, this could be my first Anime Matsuri. I hope it will leave a good impression on me.

zssfanxxx
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
40% that im going..
i dont even know where its being held. =(
I'll probably just go to two different cons/expos this year.XD

keriko
01-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm going!
I should have *fingers crossed* a table in artists alley. I went last year as an attendee, this will be my first year as an artist but I'm very much looking forward to it! Matsuri is probably the most well ran con I've ever attended; I expect great things again this year. ^^

Sinnocent
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Me and my bf will be going! This is our first year to this con, so it'll be something new for us ^_^ He won't be cosplaying, but I will!

tofu-pudding
01-08-2010, 08:42 PM

I was wondering, HOW strict do you mean by strict? D: My friend and I are planning to do a duo skit which includes a little singing and dancing, so just wanted to know your restrictions.

tofu-pudding
01-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh! Hello! :D

I'll be going as Russia[hetalia] and Simon[gurren lagann] with my friends saying they'll cosplay as characters from either series.

Nice to meet you all~! :D

Waaaaii~ Which version of Simon will you be going as? :D
I have a friend who has offered to do some photoshoots for me, I was thinking of having a Gurren Lagann gathering!

ShindoW_Kitsu
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Definetly going but haven't decided on our cosplays. We had some in mind but might not do them. I may not cosplay this time; Id like to chill. XD

I was happy to hear Crispin Freeman is returning because last year I could only get 1 of the 2 items signed because I was halfway back in the line; but I can't complain, I think some people didn't even get to go at that point it was so long. ;.; -grabs Xenosaga artbook-

We got our rooms a few months ago just to be sure we'd have them. XD Now we just need tickets... I think our total with tickets, food/gas, rooms, and spending was close to 1 grand. X.X

Zexion.6
01-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm hopefully going >w<
I'm not sure what other cosplays I'm bringing, but I know I'll be bringing Anemone.

Ciarathallya
01-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Still will be my first time going. Let alone setting foot in Texas for any kind of convention. Not quite sure how the attitude or environment is there cosplay-wise that is. Like are ppl friendly, anal-retentive omg there's a thread hanging, or stand-offish. Do I make any sense haha?

effervescence
01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Still will be my first time going. Let alone setting foot in Texas for any kind of convention. Not quite sure how the attitude or environment is there cosplay-wise that is. Like are ppl friendly, anal-retentive omg there's a thread hanging, or stand-offish. Do I make any sense haha?

Oh goodness, no! We aren't evil! As long as you are happy with your costume, it shouldn't matter what other people think..but no one is going to come up and set your costume on fire if there are a few loose threads here and there.

And I've found Texas cosplayers to be friendly as a whole, so long as there isn't any innapropriate hugging or glomping.

effervescence
01-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I was wondering, HOW strict do you mean by strict? D: My friend and I are planning to do a duo skit which includes a little singing and dancing, so just wanted to know your restrictions.

Oh! I'm glad I saw this! Well, as far as how strict, I have posted examples on the Anime Matsuri forums of things I will accept as far as singing/dancing skits go.

There will also be pre-screening of both performance and scripts.

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5273

toshirua3846384
01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh goodness, no! We aren't evil! As long as you are happy with your costume, it shouldn't matter what other people think..but no one is going to come up and set your costume on fire if there are a few loose threads here and there.

And I've found Texas cosplayers to be friendly as a whole, so long as there isn't any innapropriate hugging or glomping.

exactly my point, my parents retired here in texas at lackland afb, and i find texas to be okay, even in public to some extent. and i had no bad experiences at am 09 so you dont have to worry about it.

Hee-Hee
01-17-2010, 01:45 AM
That's cause we (for the most part---erk) have Southern Hospitality. 8D

juliadoll
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
hopefully i can make it!

i have a question... I want to cosplay as Yoko Ritona from Gurren Lagann.. are there any rules to the cosplaying? Like.. can I go half naked? lmfao!

effervescence
01-19-2010, 10:48 PM
hopefully i can make it!

i have a question... I want to cosplay as Yoko Ritona from Gurren Lagann.. are there any rules to the cosplaying? Like.. can I go half naked? lmfao!

As long as your private parts up high and below are well covered, there shouldn't be any problems.

Sailmoon2012
01-20-2010, 02:43 AM
I will be with Zexion.6 as Eureka when she's Anemone. ^^
Along with Eureka, I'll probably end up being Mio Akiyama, and if I have time, either Teto Kasane and/or Daisuke Niwa.

I'm hopefully going >w<
I'm not sure what other cosplays I'm bringing, but I know I'll be bringing Anemone.

You will go, I'll make sure you do!
I still want to find a Renton and Dominic. D8

tofu-pudding
01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh! I'm glad I saw this! Well, as far as how strict, I have posted examples on the Anime Matsuri forums of things I will accept as far as singing/dancing skits go.

There will also be pre-screening of both performance and scripts.

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5273

Thanks much for this!
Can't say the con is around the corner YET, but hope to see you all there!^^

Ciarathallya
01-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I a little confused there morning there are two different skit competition or one skit and one runway costuming event. But then the website said supply your music so it got a little confusing to me *ish dense*

_eri_
01-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I a little confused there morning there are two different skit competition or one skit and one runway costuming event. But then the website said supply your music so it got a little confusing to me *ish dense*

At anime matsuri there is usually the cosplay show (includes skits and walk ons) and usually they have a jrock fashion show. I don't know the rules or anything about the jrock show but the cosplay show might be what you're talking about. You're either doing a skit (a few minutes to have a full on performance) or walk on (which is a short performance to show off your costume on stage). You can supply your own music for the walk ons but I think the skits you have to have your own audio.

I hope that helps you understand more.:)

vietgirl018
01-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I dont remember exactly if I said what im going as....

so here i go...

I will be cosplay Alice (will of the abyss verison) from Pandora Hearts.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/vietgirl018/WillofAbyss.jpg

^_^

This year's band for Anime matsuri is BACK-ON. Just to let some people know =P

Red Destiny
01-26-2010, 12:56 AM
The odds of me not going to this con are very slim, but there is still a chance I wont be able to go. It all depends on whether I can afford it.

If I am able to go I'll definetly be bringing Sesshomaru and Vergil. I'll also be debuting Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary and maybe even a Black Mage from Final Fantasy. *crosses fingers in hopes that everything will work out in the end*

Gitz
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
So far from the looks of it I'll be going. My list so far for possible cosplays for Anime Matsuri:

Original mouse character
Bokkun- Sonic X
Cinnamoroll Maid
Felix the Cat

That's it for now. List might change as the con gets closer.

Sinnocent
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I just realized I never listed what I'll be cosplaying as XD

Chii from Chobits in one of her many dresses
Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon
and my Elegant Gothic Lolita

Though you guys probably won't see me unless you're in the dealers room, we have a table in there, and I'll probably in there for the majority of the con.

Hee-Hee
01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Felix the Cat

XD You pick the coolest characters to cosplay as!! I've been wanting to see it in person~

Gitz
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
XD You pick the coolest characters to cosplay as!! I've been wanting to see it in person~

Thanks! I've been wanting to take Felix out again for awhile.:)

yamibakura03
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
My cosplay is in my sig. just hope i finish the secret sonic cosplay in time or in the words of sonic in SSBB , "your too slow..." ^^"

darkwolfalika
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I might have a bit of a problem coming. One Act Play Contest is the same weekend. But I'm not sitting out in the cafeteria for 4 hours like last year(alternates are not allowed in backroom with everyone else). So I'll probably go to the con instead.

CrimsonShocker
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I will be with Zexion.6 as Eureka when she's Anemone. ^^
Along with Eureka, I'll probably end up being Mio Akiyama, and if I have time, either Teto Kasane and/or Daisuke Niwa.

You will go, I'll make sure you do!
I still want to find a Renton and Dominic. D8

My friend Elissa and I are going as Eureka and Anemone as well, and we have Holland in our group!

Sailmoon2012
02-03-2010, 11:50 PM
My friend Elissa and I are going as Eureka and Anemone as well, and we have Holland in our group!

That's cool! :3
We're still looking for a Renton and Dominic. T^T No luck yet.

Chibi Kazumi
02-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll be going with some of my friends for the first time(that im tryin to find thats avalible:bigcry:)~ :33 im so excitied!:)
i already know what im going to cosplay

See ya There~
Mario from super mario bros.
Pikachu from Pokemon

IchigoGirl
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Well this will be my third year going to Anime Matsuri! I can't wait for this year! It's going to be SO much fun! I have a little group going with me! Here are our costumes!

Me: Friday-Zoey (Left 4 Dead), Saturday-Dahlia Hawthorne (Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations), Sunday-Undecided
I have some friends that are going as Kairi (from Kingdom Hearts II) and Mario as well. Are there any Left 4 Dead and/or Phoenix Wright cosplayers out there? I would love to get a pic with ya'll!!!!!

With love,
Bethany

score
02-20-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm hyped up bout this convention for sure. See you cats there!

Pixie-chan
02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Yay!
Anime Matsuri will celebrate a year of cosplay for me! To celebrate it, Fem-inja and I are doing a complete American cosplay line-up.

Friday:
Myself as Double D (Eddward) and Fem-inja as Marie Kanker from Ed Edd n Eddy

Saturday:
Myself as Dib Membrane and Fem-inja as Zim from Invader Zim

Sunday:
Myself as Timmy Turner and Fem-inja as Tootie from Fairly Oddparents.

I hope to see you there. And, yes, were are the Dib and Zim from Onicon 2009. :)

Maury V.
02-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I can't wait to see everyone at Anime Matsuri! I can only go to Houston one time out of the year and coming for Matsuri is well worth it! :D

Thearah
02-24-2010, 03:00 PM
So, I have an updated list for my cosplay. :3 I have since my last post acquired an AWESOME boyfriend, I have more things to do. xD We will be cosplaying together.

Right now, here's what my list stands at:

Team Rocket (Me as Jessie, Josh as James). I MIGHT be able to get my hair right, I have no idea at the moment.

Fran and Balthier (Final Fantasy XII). Originally, I was not going to wear Fran, but I have a good chance now! No more posing by myself!

We MIGHT bring out Han Solo and Slave Leia (Star Wars). I don't know yet. xD Depends on what the weather is like. Fran is toasty, but Leia is... breezy.

And we might bring Link and Saria (Zelda). Might. Have no idea. :3

Pixie-chan
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Yay!
Anime Matsuri will celebrate a year of cosplay for me! To celebrate it, Fem-inja and I are doing a complete American cosplay line-up.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
Myself as Timmy Turner and Fem-inja as Tootie from Fairly Oddparents.

I hope to see you there. And, yes, were are the Dib and Zim from Onicon 2009. :)

REVISED LIST!
Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
Myself as Danny Phantom and Fem-inja is currently undecided.

tweentigercub
03-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Awesome cosplay list Pixie-chan! I can''t wait to see you~<3

Sinnocent
03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Holy crap only a month left! SO EXCITED!!

Ninja_In_Bloom
03-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm going to try and go! I'm thinking about Cyborg Jynno from Afro Samurai! lol. But the only problem is I'm just passing through Texas, and my main base is a 3hr drive from the convention.. So if I cant find anyone to bunk with I might have to sleep in the car T_T
If anyone is looking for a room mate let me know! =P

Pixie-chan
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Awesome cosplay list Pixie-chan! I can''t wait to see you~<3

Thank you! I can't wait to see you either!

Kikala
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Getting a little excited about this.
I'll only have a few costumes planned. Zidane is really the only one I've got for sure, as well as Haku (From Spirited Away, for a photoshoot). I might have Zoey from L4D... I'm not sure, unless there's some Zombies to kill or something. But that's it. :3 I don't THINK there's anything else I'm bringing, since I'll really only be cosplaying Saturday.

darkwolfalika
03-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Bad news...Might not be able to come even more. Mom might need surgery on her hand and the only day they might be able to put her in is the Monday before the con. I'm only 15 so she is my driver.

Chances of going: 40%
Chances of not going: 60%

Gitz
03-10-2010, 09:28 PM
I revised my cosplay list.

Super Sonic- Sonic the Hedgehog
Pence- Kingdom Hearts 2
Cinnamoroll Maid
Felix the Cat

StHoly
03-11-2010, 02:44 AM
jus wondering if anyone doing Trininty Blood here? :)

Chiyooo
03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Helo! Looking forward to meet you all! I will be in artist alley and maid cafe concession most of the time :3

SaikoMugen
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
If i make it I will Be Rocking The Stage In my Yun Lee. I dont care if i get disqualified. I will be preforming His Actual game moves Jumping Spinkicks, Flips and all! No holding back. Whats the point of Cosplaying Awesome Action/Fighter characters if they restrict your character traits! (NARUTO COSPLAYERS) If you got the moves,looks,and style BRING IT! COSPLAYERS SHOULD BRING THE COMPLETE PACKAGE OF THEIR CHARACTERS FOR THE WIN!

Thearah
03-12-2010, 09:13 PM
If i make it I will Be Rocking The Stage In my Yun Lee. I dont care if i get disqualified. I will be preforming His Actual game moves Jumping Spinkicks, Flips and all! No holding back. Whats the point of Cosplaying Awesome Action/Fighter characters if they restrict your character traits! (NARUTO COSPLAYERS) If you got the moves,looks,and style BRING IT! COSPLAYERS SHOULD BRING THE COMPLETE PACKAGE OF THEIR CHARACTERS FOR THE WIN!

I missed you at Ikkicon! I was so sad. ;_; I'll catch you this time!

Erisa_chan
03-15-2010, 02:37 PM

I'm the friend doing Eureka haha

Friday - Saya Otonashi
Saturday - Eureka
Sunday - Eureka (Episode 50) minus wings(?)

if sunday's doesn't work out, i'll probably just wear regular clothes or throw something together :)

Lithium Flower
03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
I might be going, unfortunately probably alone and for just one day T_T' but I'll likely go as Motoko Kusanagi or a Lolita. Anyone else doing GITS?

t_f
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
My boyfriend and I will be Meroko and Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite. If I can get it done on time, we will also do Yuuske and Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho. :3

FE Freak
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I might be going, unfortunately probably alone and for just one day T_T' but I'll likely go as Motoko Kusanagi or a Lolita. Anyone else doing GITS?

That sucks LF. Your Motoko looks really great.You do her justice and she happens to be one of my favorite female characters. I'm more than happy to hang out with you at the con. I'll snap your picture. ^_^

My boyfriend and I will be Meroko and Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite. If I can get it done on time, we will also do Yuuske and Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho. :3

Oh, Full Moon cosplay, nice. Not something you see very often. I'll look forward to seeing you two and snapping yall's pic for sure. If you get the YYH cosplays, I'll get those two since my friend is a HUGE fan of YYH.

Sinnocent
03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Looks like my costume list changed as well. Now it will be like this:

Friday - Elegant Gothic Lolita
Saturday - Princess Serenity
Sunday - Visual Kei or Steam Punk outfit with my bf =P

Lithium Flower
03-18-2010, 10:16 AM
That sucks LF. Your Motoko looks really great.You do her justice and she happens to be one of my favorite female characters. I'm more than happy to hang out with you at the con. I'll snap your picture. ^_^

Yay! I do so love Motoko -nod nod- and I suppose it's time I stop being a hermit met people that actually live in the general area @_@ I don't...actually know anyone around the DFW area that cosplays at all.

It kind of sucks when my only cosplay buddy lives in another state. So maybe going alone that day won't be so bad.

On a kind of off topic question: For A-Kon I am planning on going as Alice in Wonderland, but if I order my costume early enough I could wear it to AM, but is Anime Mats not exactly the 'Disney costume' kinda place? Since I am probably going just for one day I am so torn between loving Motoko and being excited to get a new cosplay xD

t_f
03-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh, Full Moon cosplay, nice. Not something you see very often. I'll look forward to seeing you two and snapping yall's pic for sure. If you get the YYH cosplays, I'll get those two since my friend is a HUGE fan of YYH.

First of all, you are so awesome for knowing about Full Moon. And secondly, I totally look forward to seeing you too! Will you be cosplaying this year, too? Because I'll definitely take your photo too! :D

effervescence
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM

There is skit pre-screening, and as doing jumping and spinning could hurt you, or the stage, I'm sorry but it isn't allowed. I am not trying to restrict what people can, and cannot do to show character, but this is for overall safety.

Pixie-chan
03-19-2010, 04:38 PM

FULL MOON! Oh, I love that manga, it's so adorable!! I can't wait to see you!

FE Freak
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
First of all, you are so awesome for knowing about Full Moon. And secondly, I totally look forward to seeing you too! Will you be cosplaying this year, too? Because I'll definitely take your photo too! :D

Thank you very much. Actually, I will be cosplaying a rarely cosplayed Naruto character. I'll say hey to you and your boyfriend when I see you though. Can't wait to see yall.

Angelwing
03-20-2010, 05:45 AM
I've posted my photography services at the Photoshoot Scheduling forum if anyone is interested. ^^

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=203963

Cat-Chans
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM

You're cosplaying from 2 of my favorite series!
I look forward to seeing your costumes, FMwS never gets any love

t_f
03-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Huzzah!

Full Moon fans unite!! I didn't realize it had some fans. I mean, it's a great show, but it's not well known. Well, awesome, I'll look forward to meeting you all! :D

Sinnocent
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Bahhh ... looks like my costume list changed again DX

This time it's final!!

ChiChi from DBZ on Friday
EGL on Saturday
Visual Kei/Steam Punk on Sunday =)

Pixie-chan
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
SUPER DUPER LIST REVISION
Friday:
Myself as Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice and Fem-inja as Zim from Invader Zim

Saturday:

Sunday:

FE Freak
03-24-2010, 12:54 AM
The chances of me not cosplaying is very high now. I apologize to everyone here. It's always something...always. I'd still like to take pics with yall though. We'll see when that day comes though. Sorry. =/

yamibakura03
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
My list is there. Mostly Pokemon Cosplay ^^ and Brawl.

fluffyhead009
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I was Rhyme from TWEWY and my friends were Beat and Joshua. =D

If anyone has any pictures of us, can you send them to me please? ^^
Thank you~!

darkwolfalika
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I hope you all had fun. I couldn't go.

FE Freak
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Yup. It was fun wearing blue wristbands and walking up escalators all weekend. ;D

darkwolfalika
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Lol,fun fun. Hopefully I can come next year.
Mom said this year I can go to one od these three:
A-kon
Mechacon
SanJapan

Hee-Hee
04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Yup. It was fun wearing blue wristbands and walking up escalators all weekend. ;D

XD Oh yes, trying to walk down those HUGE escalators in my Ultimecia cosplay and having to take half my costume off to get into the elevator (so that I could show my wristband) was a blast. The hotel really really screwed up this time, I hope Matsuri has better sense than to return next year.

FE Freak
04-06-2010, 12:16 AM
XD Oh yes, trying to walk down those HUGE escalators in my Ultimecia cosplay and having to take half my costume off to get into the elevator (so that I could show my wristband) was a blast. The hotel really really screwed up this time, I hope Matsuri has better sense than to return next year.

I just looked to see who Ultimecia was and seeing that you cosplayed such a spectacularly designed character and I not getting it was yet another regret from A-Mat. Why Heehee? Why? =/

Anywho, yeah, those blue wristbands suuuuucked. Taking a shower with a wristband, really? Felt like I was a kid at a camp or something. Escalators, wristbands, and stuff starting late killed it. No reg lines was really shocking though. I've never ran into that before...

Club Owner Dice
04-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Oh my god! I absolutly loved getting to see all the wonderful costumes and all the great people! Thanks to all my new friends and especially to my old friends! And good tidings to everyone else that attended the convention.
I eagerly look forward to catching most of you at A-Kon, but till then!

Hee-Hee
04-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I just looked to see who Ultimecia was and seeing that you cosplayed such a spectacularly designed character and I not getting it was yet another regret from A-Mat. Why Heehee? Why? =/

Anywho, yeah, those blue wristbands suuuuucked. Taking a shower with a wristband, really? Felt like I was a kid at a camp or something. Escalators, wristbands, and stuff starting late killed it. No reg lines was really shocking though. I've never ran into that before...

XD Pfft~

But yeah, I had to get a wristband even though I wasn't staying in the room I changed in. I was just there Saturday afternoon until about ten, then I went on home yet they STILL literally screamed at me to see that wristband. Oooh this one lady... I tell ya... >[ Should've gotten her name.

On the flipside, the convention staff has never been nicer. Maybe they were trying to make up for it!

FE Freak
04-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Oh my god! I absolutly loved getting to see all the wonderful costumes and all the great people! Thanks to all my new friends and especially to my old friends! And good tidings to everyone else that attended the convention.
I eagerly look forward to catching most of you at A-Kon, but till then!

Should have got her pic too.^ Weren't you hanging around Prussia and Seto Kaiba on Saturday? I remember you from the mini-elevator. Hey.

XD Pfft~

But yeah, I had to get a wristband even though I wasn't staying in the room I changed in. I was just there Saturday afternoon until about ten, then I went on home yet they STILL literally screamed at me to see that wristband. Oooh this one lady... I tell ya... >[ Should've gotten her name.

On the flipside, the convention staff has never been nicer. Maybe they were trying to make up for it!

Fine, no comments for you. Was it an older lady? I think I may have an idea who you mean.

Club Owner Dice
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
@ FE Freak: I unfortantly don't reconize those forum names, not to say that those werent the wonderful people I was indeed hanging out with. But there was also a different Shuichi cosplayer there who also had the orange jacket costume.
But I tottally did have some awesome epic elevator adventures.

FE Freak
04-06-2010, 03:42 PM
There weren't forum names, they were the actual cosplays themselves. It's cool. Con funk? I barely ran into any. How about everyone else? ;D

Club Owner Dice
04-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Ohhhh ;D :giggles: Definitly not me then. ^.^

Pixie-chan
04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Why? Why, god, why were those escalators broken? Oh well, at least my legs look fantastic now!

=^^=

This con was so much fun! RAVE RAVE RAVE!

I got extremely positive comments on my Lydia Deetz cosplay and Zim and Dib were well loved once again. (Well, Zim was. 80% of the comments Dib gets after, "Woah, your cosplay is fantastic" is that that everyone is siding with Zim. :( Foolish humans.) Sadly, Double D wasn't really recognized, but I half expected that.

FE Freak
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Ohhhh ;D :giggles: Definitly not me then. ^.^

You led me on you trickster.

@Dib. Rumors that there were costumes dragging and health hazards for the cosplayers. Ya, those escalators did give a good workout. I was actually a little tired when I was at the top. I'm so out-of-shape. lol. Saw your Dib from outside. Nice hair job.

Eurobeat King
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Anywho, yeah, those blue wristbands suuuuucked. Taking a shower with a wristband, really? Felt like I was a kid at a camp or something. Escalators, wristbands, etc.

I didn't attend AM this past weekend (cos I was at Sakuracon) but the escalators remind me of another Texas con that shuts down the escalators when a con has begun.. ;)

As for the wristbands, I'm guessing this is the first time that AM has started using the wristband-method and people aren't used to it? Yaoi-Con has been using wristbands since they started (2001) and the staff used those (combined with registration badges) as proof that people were attendees to go into areas and specific rooms (Main Events, Dealers' Room, Video-Games, etc.) I can share the sentiment of having to wear a one until the con ends, showering each night with it on. yeah.. :thumbsup: But now 9 years later most Y-con attendees are fine with it, and cosplayers can simply cover them up for pictures (if-possible.)

t_f
04-07-2010, 03:41 PM
They refused to give me a wristband, so I couldn't ride the elevators on the main floors. I had to take the stairs to the 4th floor and then ride up to my floor. :/ That was reeeeaaaallllllly annoying.

Hee-Hee
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I didn't attend AM this past weekend (cos I was at Sakuracon) but the escalators remind me of another Texas con that shuts down the escalators when a con has begun.. ;)

As for the wristbands, I'm guessing this is the first time that AM has started using the wristband-method and people aren't used to it? Yaoi-Con has been using wristbands since they started (2001) and the staff used those (combined with registration badges) as proof that people were attendees to go into areas and specific rooms (Main Events, Dealers' Room, Video-Games, etc.) I can share the sentiment of having to wear a one until the con ends, showering each night with it on. yeah.. :thumbsup: But now 9 years later most Y-con attendees are fine with it, and cosplayers can simply cover them up for pictures (if-possible.)

The main wristband issue was with the hotel, not the convention. While the AM staff was strict in letting registered people in only, the hotel were the ones at every stairway and elevator not letting anyone who didn't have a room. So that meant that anyone who was just visiting for the day couldn't go up to see friends, change in someone else's room, or just use the elevators if their cosplay was cumbersome. And the hotel staff was NOT polite about it, many were actually screaming as loud as they could only to groups of five or so fairly confused attendees. It was laaame.

FE Freak
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
And the fact that the wristbands we're referring to are the ones that once they're on, they stay on. If you take yours off, you're screwed-for-the-rest-of-the-weekend kind of wristbands. The snap-on cut-off later ones is what we mean. I was thinking the same thing as Hee2 about friends. I wished my friends could have chilled in our hotel room for a bit, but, I knew that wasn't happening. The hotel needs to find a better way to manage that or something.

Eurobeat King
04-08-2010, 02:49 AM
And the fact that the wristbands we're referring to are the ones that once they're on, they stay on. If you take yours off, you're screwed-for-the-rest-of-the-weekend kind of wristbands. The snap-on cut-off later ones is what we mean.

yes, those are the type that Yaoi-con uses. If you take off your wristband, you'll can go to areas that don't check for those like the hotel lobby, but not be allowed at main events like the bishounen-auction. haha