PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale Manga

Tainted Donut
08-16-2003, 04:06 AM
yeah i just barely got the first Battle Royale Manga, it really rox, my fav. manga so far. Ive read it over like 3 times..hmmm just wanna hear what people thought of it, comments, and which ones they like the most. out of all of em.

sakura yuna
08-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Hey TaintedDonut,
Ummm...I have only read the first one...it illustrates some of the points in the original novel by Koushun Takami. Like Noriko getting shot in the leg and Yoshitoki Kuninobu(sp?) getting literally the bottom half of his head blown off...ah so bloody..but I'm pretty used to gorey stuff. rather interesting....I'm too broke or I would have bought the first manga... ^.^;;;;;;;

Susumari
08-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Let's see...hmm seen 2 of these kind of threads...one would be mine. lol.

hey! but i do got to say I love the manga...hmm when did I get it. I think 2 months ago. I really don't remember which is sad. And I got it b4 I owned the movie, and now i just watch the movie. But u know...I kinda like it manga. cause it relates more to the novel.

Tainted Donut
08-17-2003, 05:09 AM
haha i know what u mean by bloody, like when mitsuko cuts megumi's main artery, blood all over the walls, "oh...red, most definitley not your color"...haha shes lying in a puddle of blood...*gasp*

Tainted Donut
08-17-2003, 05:09 AM
oh and that teacher, what a friggen perv. dude its so diff. from the movie..lol *saw movie first*,

RobTheStampede
08-17-2003, 12:02 PM
does any body know when the third book is coming out because i have red the first and second a hundred times

Auron
08-17-2003, 03:00 PM
i lov the manga^^ i have not seen the moive but i want to.

Oburi_Shima
08-17-2003, 08:46 PM
read the 1st 2 mangas...they were great. Wanna read more but they aren't out yet. The movie and the manga are different, like most series are...I like em both..haven't read the novel yet but I hear it's good

Tainted Donut
08-18-2003, 01:49 AM
yeah movie and manga totally diff, Shuya is totally more aggresive, and outspoken in the manga, hes not that physically lethal in the movie as he was in the manga. (throwing the arrow at Akamatsu)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-18-2003, 05:45 PM
I think the 3rd volume comes out this month or next month. I can't wait to read it. was tempted to buy the japanese version of the manga when I went to Japantown in SF on saturday :)

vyrax778
08-18-2003, 07:12 PM
You do know this is a adaptation of the Japanese Manga and not a exact translation. it was done by the creator of lobo for crying out loud.

heres a link to a interview with him about it

http://www.newsarama.com/Battle_Royale.htm

*Jibrielle*
08-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Well I still haven't seen the movie but I am reading the manga and I love it! ^___^

KaineMaxwell
08-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Reading the manga and loving it! I so want to see the movie now!

Cait
08-18-2003, 09:43 PM
*laugh* Geez! I guess the shock factor of the novel wasn't enough! So the manga follows the movie not the book? How about the second film? Will that be made, too, anyone know?

Michi
08-18-2003, 09:58 PM
I tried to get into the manga but it was hard x_x; The art style is really weird... I would like to read the novel, though. o_o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-18-2003, 10:14 PM
yes I know it's an adaptation, but it still cool that we are getting it. I would like to read the novel as well

K_Valentine
08-18-2003, 10:16 PM
*laugh* Geez! I guess the shock factor of the novel wasn't enough! So the manga follows the movie not the book? How about the second film? Will that be made, too, anyone know?

Manga follows the novel. There are a few variations from the novel but it's mainly novel.

I was browsing through some of the original Japanese manga. There are quite a few extra side stories for characters like Mitsuko, Kiriyama, and Mimura's friend.

Adding gratuitous fanservice is a dis-service for me though. Just show me the killing.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Hell, I like fanservice, if it deals with her
<----- LOL XD

Nadeshiko
08-18-2003, 10:42 PM
It's not just fanservice on Mitsuko...

Kiriyama, Zuki, and the patrons of Zuki's bar. Zuki looks pretty scary in drag >.> And I can't look at a cigarette the same way after Zuki's man-handling of them.

The teacher is pretty scary too...violence, nudity,etc...I can deal with. I think I got a heart attack when they had the two page spread of him.

It's a pretty decent adaptation. Don't know if I'll be able to get all 10plus volumes of it. ^_^;

Cait
08-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Manga follows the novel. There are a few variations from the novel but it's mainly novel.

Sweet! Thank you!

vyrax778
08-19-2003, 02:03 PM
theres some really FUBAr stuff coming up in the later vols hope tokyopop's adaptor doesnt mess with those there messed up as it is.

and Im not going to say since its way later when it happpens. But I will say it has to do with the girl with the sickle cant remember her name know.

K_Valentine
08-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Just perused the 3rd Japanese manga. It's got a bit of eechi/hentai in it. Eh, I'm sure Tokyopop will handle it tastefully.

Tainted Donut
08-20-2003, 05:17 AM
the manga doesnt follow the book i dont think...

Tainted Donut
08-20-2003, 05:18 AM
its Mitsuko, Vyrax :)

vyrax778
08-20-2003, 02:03 PM
its Mitsuko, Vyrax :)

thanks I would have looked it up but my copys are being loaned out.

DigitalShin
08-21-2003, 03:15 AM
I guess I may be one of the few who actually got bored with the manga. I thinking about selling my Vol 1 and 2 just to make room on my shelf. It just didn't catch my attention as I thought it would.

The_Box
08-21-2003, 04:09 AM
the Manga seems to follow the book fairly closely, but i think ive found in the one chapter of the manga ive read(scanlation,not tokyopop version),that the charicter designs are really over-exsagereated.

vyrax778
08-21-2003, 02:27 PM
the adaptation is begining to get on my nerves thu the whole making it even more brutal then it already was kinda makes it over the top and pretty riduculas at times like the BS about the whole fight aired on TV instead of just the winner being announced.

I will still get them thu.

KaineMaxwell
08-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Read the 2nd manga briefly in my local bookstore seeing someone took the plastic wrap off from around it. very intresting.

TheAnarCHris
09-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Man, BR is like the only manga I actually BUY and read from Tokyo Pop. (Oh wait there's Ragnarok....but that's korean/hong kong or some shit).

But yayyy from BR. Granted this month's volume 3 is the last volume of the year (I think), it's a damn fun read. Giffen's the man.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
did it come out already, I mean volume 3?

Velvy
09-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Just read volumes 1 + 2; it is FAR more graphic than the film, yes. It didn't impact me quite as much as the film though. Not to say it isn't good--that scene at the end of 1 where Mitsuko plunges her sickle into Megumi and says, "Suprise <3" was gold. ^_^

Artreus
09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
I only have the first one.. planning on getting the others over time (I am also collecting the GTO series.. only at 6 now..)

It was pretty good, graphic, kinda disturbing.. but still pretty good, I have to see the movie.