PDA

View Full Version : Maps

throwaway
09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
This is my first time coming to one of these.

I am looking at the NYAF site which has the schedules but I do not see any map of the locations for the events.

Am I missing something on the site? Is there a map that shows all the events and photoshoots at NYAF?

santose2008
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
This is my first time coming to one of these.

I am looking at the NYAF site which has the schedules but I do not see any map of the locations for the events.

Am I missing something on the site? Is there a map that shows all the events and photoshoots at NYAF?

Well there always walking around in a circle at the convention to get where you need to go. But I hope there is a layout as well. If I got lost at a small convention trying to find things, I mind as well just give up on NYAF. :toothy:

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I've been looking for one of those also. I mean, I know JCC pretty well, but all of the conventions/shows that I've gone to didnt utilize the ENTIRE center. So there are still some parts I'm iffy about, but even though I know the JCC pretty well, I don't know all of the technical terms for the rooms.

Keep your hopes, though. I'm sure they'll hand out a map at the convention center, if not have a standing map someplace :)

PandaPuff
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
In honesty, I don't even think it's necessary because everything is easy to find. It's a pretty compact place.

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
For you, maybe. Realize that some people aren't as good at that stuff. I know I'm not. It's a reasonable question to ask. And as I said, there should be maps given out at the con. And if not, don't be afraid to ask someone where something is ^.^

throwaway
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I think I will be fine when it comes to the events, but I am anxious about the photoshoots. I want to see cosplayers doing their cosplay thing. Is there a map or at least a list of where those are going to happen?

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
The gatherings (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=182907) thread SHOULD have an updated list of the times, days, and locations of all of the shoots. :)

mrgetalife
09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
They have a map of the sections the con will take place in.

http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?show_id=NYAF09

At the show they'll have it printed in the guide.