PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Cosplay Meet-Up?

Wild Dog
09-12-2009, 11:14 PM
With the main guest of honor being Yoshiyuki Tomino I'm quite vexed that no gundam fans in the New York area have tried to make a Gundam cosplay meet-up for NYAF.

So I was thinking the best times would be where we'd most likely go, Tomino's keynote address or his Q&A session.

Would 6:30 Friday or 2:30 Saturday work for people?

I'm open to suggestions.

Chosuke
09-13-2009, 02:24 AM
I'll be wearing Tieria Erde in his S2 uniform on Saturday, and would love to meet up!

I only looked at the forum today, but was really weirded out that there wasn't a Gundam thread with any replies on it!

will [ishida]
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm praying that my Banagher Links (Gundam Unicorn) outfit will be ready by then. God knows I'm flying in from California for a reason.

PandaPuff
09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
A friend of mine is going as Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed so I'll tell about this. Saturday is most suggested!

As a big fan of Gundam Wing, I wish I could be Duo Maxwell. I'll attempt to closet cosplay him I can. xD

Chosuke
09-13-2009, 04:11 PM
;3145289']I'm praying that my Banagher Links (Gundam Unicorn) outfit will be ready by then. God knows I'm flying in from California for a reason.

Good luck, I hope you finish!

I love the GU novels, and I've never seen a Banagher cosplay - I'll definitely take pictures.

TheAnarCHris
09-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Really wanted to do some UC related, but I'm hell of busy with NYAF events and panels this. Business before pleasure it seems. :/

Setsuna215
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Kool im goin to show as Setsuna from S2 uniform. i hope i get to all the gundam fan there =D

im goin to show up on saturday n wat the real time for the meetin. before or after we all meet with Yoshiyuki Tomino

Setsuna215
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I was thinkin of on saturday, we should all meet somewhere like around 3:30.
then we all can go meet with Yoshiyuki Tomino together n get his autograph and then we can have like a photshoot somewhere. What do every1 think???? =)

-Kitsu
09-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Wish I had time to finish my calendar Wufei Costume in time for NYAF, could give it a shot but its pretty unlikely.

Wild Dog
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I find it interesting that we're all doing costumes from Gundam, but none that were from a series Tomino directed.

hack_benjamin22
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll be Sayla Mass from 0079. I'd love to meet up with some people on Saturday!

Ginnychan
09-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Not sure what happened to the other thread, but I'll just hop on here instead! I will be getting to the con Friday night and I will probably be wearing my Season 2 g00 Setsuna (with my box Gundam if I can find it lol!) Saturday I will be there all day. I will be Haman Karn,the younger version from Char's Deleted Affair, in one of her Zeon outfits.

My boy creature will be casual Char on Friday and 0079/CDA Char on Saturday. He'll be helping run the model panel Friday night.

Feel free to say hi! We'd love to stop in on a shoot on Saturday if we can.

will [ishida]
09-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Alright, I've got Banagher complete for the most part, so I'll be there. When exactly are we meeting, though? If there's an NYAF forum you can tell I'm clearly not keeping up with it.

Ginnychan
09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah I have not been on NYAF forums either! But I would be fine with doing a shoot after Tomino.

I'm curious, does anyone know how much, if any involvement Tomino had in the creation of the Universal Century novels and manga like Unicorn and Char's Deleted Affair? Obviously certain characters were his creations, but I've heard rumors that contributed story concepts. Can anyone confirm or deny this?