PDA

View Full Version : Pre NYAF Cosplay Picnic

samura16
09-13-2009, 12:33 AM
The last time there was a picnic one said that someone should plan one before the NYAF. Well I'm not the one who planned it last time but I'm going to do my best to make it as epic as last time.

When: Sunday September 20th

Time: 12 PM to 6 PM

Place: Central Park: Ramble (Same area as last time on the hill near the lake/boating pond so there is no confusion.) (If anyone knows the name of that street that would be great.

Bring anything you need. Suggest a blanket, lunch, and munchies. Also bring music if you have any. The reason it's Sunday by the way is because I checked the weather and Saturday is raining. (I know that wearing wigs are going to be a problem in rain)

Keep in mind that we should keep it clean so also bring a garbage bag if you have one.

If you have any questions just email me at Samura1307@hotmail.com

DespairedPheonix
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
>.< im working. dammit. otherwise i'd go.

mrgetalife
09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Do you guys even plan these things or pull things out of your butt without even planning. Seriously. Sure the Rambles sounds really cool. But unless you map exactly where you're going to meet in the Rambles. Nobody's going to find you fast. It was designed that way. Stop saying lets meet by the Rambles like lemmings. You aren't going to be meeting in the Rambles, why mention it. There are names for every section of the park.

The glory of the internet brings you information. Yeah you can get information out of the internet.
http://www.centralparknyc.org/site/PageNavigator/aboutpark_history_faqs_map_guide
Start there and plan.

Oh yeah on a side note. There will be a Eureka 7 Event at Kinokuniya on the 20th along with the NYAF's Maid Cafe. http://www.mediumatlarge.net/2009/09/eureka-seven-day-coming-soon_08.html

DespairedPheonix
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Do you guys even plan these things or pull things out of your butt without even planning. Seriously. Sure the Rambles sounds really cool. But unless you map exactly where you're going to meet in the Rambles. Nobody's going to find you fast. It was designed that way. Stop saying lets meet by the Rambles like lemmings. You aren't going to be meeting in the Rambles, why mention it. There are names for every section of the park.

The glory of the internet brings you information. Yeah you can get information out of the internet.
http://www.centralparknyc.org/site/PageNavigator/aboutpark_history_faqs_map_guide
Start there and plan.

Oh yeah on a side note. There will be a Eureka 7 Event at Kinokuniya on the 20th along with the NYAF's Maid Cafe. http://www.mediumatlarge.net/2009/09/eureka-seven-day-coming-soon_08.html

To be honest, that's why I stopped going to the picnics. Too much confusion, too much walking, too much money XD

arthoniel
09-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, I think this sounds AWESOME. I will so be there. Is it an event on Facebook too? There were a bunch of people who only knew about it through there, who don't have cos.com accounts...

Call Sign
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Kino events always pack them in.

Yamia Ishtar
09-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Im not going to that Kino event. People haven't been going to a lot of those events lately. That, and I don't like Eureka 7.

And hey, thanks for starting the planning for this OP! It was me and another person who planned this at the last picnic(i think it was in July?). I was going to post this this week, if college lets me. XD And I was actually planning on this gathering being somewhere else more "findable", apart from the Rambles. ^ ^;

And mrgetalife, I don't know who originally planned that picnic, but it was on Facebook for a Hetalia gathering that got unexpectedly combined with a small picnic someone else was planning. So please blame them, not us, thanks.

mrgetalife
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
The last few Kino events have been empty because they weren't specifically Cosplay (anime) or barely Anime related.

And mrgetalife, I don't know who originally planned that picnic, but it was on Facebook for a Hetalia gathering that got unexpectedly combined with a small picnic someone else was planning. So please blame them, not us, thanks.

And really i'm not blaming your group. That whole post was aimed at every other lemming that copied your exact meeting place instructions and didn't learn from the problems your picnic had for this summer at least.

Oh an additional note to future planners. Saying "meet in the same place as last time" doesn't work either. I was with another group and nobody remembered where "the last time" was because they got lost the first time.

Yamia Ishtar
09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't know why everyone is suddenly planning all their gatherings at the Rambles. That place is really hard to find. :I

soeunkyo
09-14-2009, 08:10 PM
The ramble really is a hard place to find lol. It's better if you actually have a meeting somewhere like the Museum or a street number like the 58th street avenue etc....

PandaPuff
09-14-2009, 11:54 PM
The place where it is is by the fountain. When you reach the fountain you go left and keep walking. A meet up spot should be by the fountain for people who are confused. I don't know the exact location for that but it'd be easier to find if you put it that way? I don't even mind staying there for a bit to wait for peoples. The pick up person will come every half hour to make things simple.

arthoniel
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
@PandaPuff: Mmm, that's a good idea~ Maybe we can also have people who go to certain entrances to the park or something to meet people? Or just one place where everyone is supposed to meet... also, someone should provide a cell phone number of someone who's going to be there in case people still get lost... we can use mine, if you want?

samura16
09-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry I checked the weather and Saturday is more appropriate. Sunday is the Jewish Holiday. Sorry to all again. It's same time same place though.

arthoniel
09-15-2009, 07:52 PM
No- Jewish holidays always take place on the Saturday. I would know- I've been dragged to enough services... ;;

samura16
09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Really because that's when I'm celebrating it and yea ^^;
I'm sorry for all the confusion though. I put it on Sunday because Saturday was when I thought I was going to celebrate. Unfortunately it's on a Sunday.
This is a bit embarrassing
^^;
Like I said though is Saturday a good day for people regardless of RH? I'm not able to plan it on Sunday like I said. http://static.cosplay.com/images/smilies/2/grayno.gif

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-16-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tDate=9/20/2009

Apparently both that Saturday AND Sunday are Jewish holidays.

knightmare6
09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Drat! I'd go, but I'll be at an event later that night... in New Jersey :(