PDA

View Full Version : Anime detour 2010

Zatilla720
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
ad 2010 is going to be my first time cosplayling for an expo. i have decided to go as haru glory from rave master since it seems like a cosplay that is on the less expensive side.

if anyone has tips on making my cosplay or more so on how i will make the sword feel free to share thanks

her_oathkeeper
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
A good quality wig [Kankelon preferably] and make-up usually make a nice looking cosplay for photos.

There's a metal texturing tutorial on deviantart. I think most people use pink insulation foam for props and carve the foam out into shapes. There are lots of good threads on this site.

N30-K3YBLAD3R
10-23-2009, 10:15 AM
im so excited for detour! this is my first year attending but i've been planning on it for almost four years. and this year i'm planning on cosplaying as Chibi lulu and wakka with my boyfriend. also, we're doing a lolita persocom and master XD we might do the trio from zombie loan as well

RedRumXmuRdeR
11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm so excited for Detour this year. Every year just gets better and better, I'm going as Yoruichi form bleach. SO FRICKING EXCITED!!

SpazzyKat
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm excited too!
this will be my first con ever!
And my first cosplay ever is going to be Grell Sutcliff!
And I'm going with my friend who's gonna be Ciel!
We might even do a skit!!!

I'm so excited and now I'm really anxious for April!!!
> U <

but i really wonder what it's gonna be like....

RedRumXmuRdeR
11-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Its going to be amazing, I've been going for about 5 years now. Its so wonderful. Its like magic or something. I hope to see you there :) and if you do a skit I'll come see it.

GO GRELL SUTCLIFF!! WHOO!!

PhantomTheifSai
11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
That's so great! The tips her_oathkeeper gave you is about it with tips.
Money with cosplay is the hard part e__e
I'm SO exited this is my 3rd year going :) I'm going as Ciel Phantomhive with my friend who is Sebastian :D And Allen Walker with my Lavi again (I'll be helping host a D.Gray Man panel):3

SpazzyKat
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM
RedRumxmuRdeR :
yay!!! I think we are gonna do a skit!!
> U <
are you gonna cosplay at detour?

PhantomTheifSai:
Ohmigawsh!!!
can i glomp your sebastian?
:3

kore demo shitsuji DEATH!
^ U <

PhantomTheifSai
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
SpazzyKay:
XD If you can reach her! She's so tall! D: But you totally can glomp her! Do it o.o XD

SpazzyKat
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
PhantomTheifSai:
YAY!!! heheh...that'll be funny cause i'm shorter than my ciel....xD
*totally looking forward to detour twice as much*
I can't wait to glomp her!
I'm coming Sebby-chan!!!
xD

i'm the shortest grell ever....xD
...Dx

RedRumXmuRdeR
11-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I'm going as Yoruichi when she was captain of squad 2 and commander of the Onmitsukido (Golly thats a big word). Alright ,I can't wait to see you guys skit!!

PhantomTheifSai
11-19-2009, 07:23 PM
SpazzyKat: XD How tall are you??

SpazzyKat
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
RedRumxmuRdeR: Yay! Look for a short grell with a taller ciel! ^O ^
PhantomTheifSai:
um...like 4'11''...xD
well, i'm a grade behind my Ciel...
so...xD

PhantomTheifSai
11-21-2009, 04:28 PM
SpazzyKat: omg xD cuuute! you are the same height as my mommy lol. :3 I is taller for once!!!???? :O I'm 5'3"

SpazzyKat
11-22-2009, 07:09 PM
PhantomTheifSai:
xD
now 2 Ciels are taller than me....xD

OH!!! and I found a cosplay no one else has done before!!!
it's a Cheshire Cat Grell...so I'm starting this week!
It'll be for one of the days.

PhantomTheifSai
11-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Spazzykat: XD woo! that's cool! :3 how'r you going todo a Cheshire cat Grell:?

SpazzyKat
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, i only had one picture to work with...(only one by Yana Tobosa...)
I have a black vest for it, i'm gonna buy some black bloomers (teehee...)
i have tights...and all i need are a BIG fake red rose, cheshire striped leg and arm warmers, a cheshire stripe scarf, and the ears + tail. And my "paws"...
xD im gonna put some little kitty paw pads on them!!!

oh, and my ciel is wondering what color your hair or wig is going to be for your cosplay!

PhantomTheifSai
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Awesome! :D
My wig's color is gray a bit of a natural looking gray :/ I'm not to sure what Ciel's hair color IS but a lot of cosplayers use gray or blue ^^; I'm going with gray.

Frog_King
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Awesome! :D
My wig's color is gray a bit of a natural looking gray :/ I'm not to sure what Ciel's hair color IS but a lot of cosplayers use gray or blue ^^; I'm going with gray.

*invade bubble* SPLOOSH~! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

SpazzyKat
11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
AHHHH! Froggy - sploosh!!!
D:

PhantomTheifSai: cool!
yeah..aparently his hair changes shade throughout the show...xD
Ciel: Sebby, get me my hair dye!
xD

*squeee*
it's almost x-mas....> w <
im asking for parts of my cosplay for x-mas...xD

Oh and thanks to my Ciel, we're also going as Tamaki (her) and Nekozawa (me) from Ouran!
(she has both costumes from previous years)
O w O

Frog_King
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Spazzy: Hey hey!
You don't know me but I'm Phantom's Seb! :D

WOO! :skidude2:

SpazzyKat
12-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Frog King:
Really?!

YAY! nice to meet you!!!
oh, i was wondering...since i'm being Grell, can i glomp you?
O w O

PhantomTheifSai
12-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Spazzykat: :D schweet! I love host club. I totally cannot wait till detour! :3 I'm so excited, lol.
Froggy: Oh wow looky you jacked the interwebs! :O where do you keep signing on from?! p.s. I dun want to go to school today! D: I'm so tired! I never want to get uuuuuuup!:bigcry:

Frog_King
12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Spazzy: Go ahead :D If you can catch me ;-) Gahahaha!!!

Phantom: I missed you today ;_; I wanna see you! :bigcry: Make me feel better and I'll make you feel better!

SpazzyKat
12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Froggie: oh, i will.
xD Grell gets his man.
just kidding! but i'm excited to glomp and meet you both :D

Sai:
I love ouran :D
especially nekozawa and belzanef, so i'm happy!
C:

both o' ya:
I can't wait either!!!
plus it's almost x-mas!
which means i may get my grell wig! 8D

so how're both of you doing?

PhantomTheifSai
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Woo! Xmas xD I'm hoping for money to help with my cosplays. Sebastian...I dunno :/ everything about xmas is just LOVE!!! for that one XD;;;; It worries me.. >.>
:) we're up to no good.

Frog_King
12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
CHRISTMAS = LO~VE!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG! S~OOOOO EXCITED!!!! :D

Yes I agree with Phantom: Up to No~o good.

A~ah! :angel: :angel:

SpazzyKat
12-09-2009, 05:29 PM
xD
i'm up to...cleaning D:
or else i can't see my ciel this weekend...3:
but i'm happy cause her friend decided to be sebby, so we have a sebby now! *excited more*
this is the first christmas i've ever for like...only...cosplay stuff...xD

PhantomTheifSai
12-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Aaah that is awesome! :D LoL
I dunno what I'm getting for Christmas, probably money XD for stuff >.>

SpazzyKat
12-16-2009, 10:23 PM
YAY! :3

oh! xD
i have another request from my ciel.
she wants to know if you can put more pics of your cosplay up. she wants to see it better :3

PhantomTheifSai
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I will if she does! :D

SpazzyKat
12-26-2009, 03:13 AM
ok! :D
I'll tell her!
I'm going to see her on monday & tuesday, So I'll try and convince her to take some pictures of our works in progress...xD

We took sooommmeeee!~
We're not super far on our cosplays and she doesn't have her jacket yet...so...yeah...^_^;
http://tailswimtella.deviantart.com/art/Incomplete-Ciel-and-Grell-148482240

Cartwight
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm excited to see all the other Kuroshitsuji costumes coming!

I'm bringing Maylene, mostly because a friend has a Joker costume, and I like that I killed her entire family. Also because everyone needs a combat maid in their lives.

Besides that, I'm bringing Moko from Skip Beat, Ty Lee from Avatar, and Excel from Excel Saga (along with Lord Il-Palazzo and Hyatt).

If the Avatar skit doesn't work out, then I'm bringing Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere.

I went into the fabric store to pick up 8 yards of bright pink for the Skip Beat jumpsuits, and the counter ladies were very confused. "What are you going to do with that?"
"Well, we're making racecar driver suits."
It's easier than explaining the whole cosplay thing.

PhantomTheifSai
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
@ Spazzykat OMG fish plate! XD My Sebby is over right now and we both loved it LOL I like the progress you two are awesome! <3:bigtu:

SpazzyKat
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
@ Phantom
Hi Ciel!
and sebby-kun!~

:'D
you guys really think so?
*totally honored*

fish plate banjo....X'D
that was fun....

Frog_King
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
@Spazzy: OMG OMG OMG~! Fish plate XD Banjo? I'd love to see that :toothy: >< My Ciel and I are planning on day to do photoshoots cuz we fail in that dept D:

Mithrenniel
01-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Is there going to be any Vocaloids at Detour 2010?
I'm Going as Akita Neru.
If there are hop over to the vocaloid thread. I don't want to be solo forDetour this year!

Mithrenniel
01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
See you in the Vocaloid thread

SpazzyKat
01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
@Mithreniel:
My friend who doesn't have an account on here yet is going as Rin Kagaimine from the daughter of evil songs. :>

@ Frog:
xD
it was pretty fun....BANJO SOLO! :0
me and my ciel had planned to take pictures and videos last time i went to her house... but her camera was being a meanie so we couldn't...

we were gonna make a cooking video!
with COOKIES!!! D':

@issadomae:
AWESOME.
O o O

Mithrenniel
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
so we couldn't...

we were gonna make a cooking video!
with COOKIES!!! D':

@issadomae:
AWESOME.
O o O

I <3 cookies!

CountessKiwi
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm glad to see there's going to be some Kuroshitsuji cosplayers! I plan on going as Undertaker, and a friend of mine is going to go as Ciel.

SpazzyKat
01-15-2010, 07:24 PM
@getsurei:
OMIGOSH UNDERTAKER!!! *mega-glomp*
really!?
...c-can i hug you at detour? :3
(I'm being Grell~)

man...there's gonna be a lot of Ciels there...XD

CountessKiwi
01-18-2010, 07:31 PM
XD Sure. AND OMG GRELL. I love him. Someday I'll cosplay him ~~~~

I may also be Madam Red, if I can get her outfit done on time.

Blip
01-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Yaaayyyy so many Kuroshitsuji cosplayers~!
I'll be the Ciel that CountessKiwi just mentioned. XD I'm making this particular outfit link (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/art_blastside/ciel.jpg). The one on the left. HOPEFULLY. I'm a bit tight on money but I hope I'll be able to manage. ^^;
Has there been any talk of a Kuroshitsuji gathering by the way?

Oh and I'll be Kyo from Dir en grey in his Garden outfit but methinks I'm alone in the Jrock cosplay category so far this year. =/

Cartwight
01-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Yaaayyyy so many Kuroshitsuji cosplayers~!
I'll be the Ciel that CountessKiwi just mentioned. XD I'm making this particular outfit link (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/art_blastside/ciel.jpg). The one on the left. HOPEFULLY. I'm a bit tight on money but I hope I'll be able to manage. ^^;
Has there been any talk of a Kuroshitsuji gathering by the way?

Oh and I'll be Kyo from Dir en grey in his Garden outfit but methinks I'm alone in the Jrock cosplay category so far this year. =/

That's a cute Ciel outfit. Nice choice! But then, all his outfits are cute.

And there are usually a couple of jrockers wandering around... looking lost. :P

SpazzyKat
01-24-2010, 01:13 AM
@countesskiwi:
GRELL FTW xD
madam red! ...i can't wait to bother everyone from kuroshitsuji at detour. :>

@blip:
i dunno....a gathering would be hella fun though!

my friend who's going as DaughterOfEvil!Rin :
And since I'm such a tail, it would be Kuroshitsuji, and a random princess attempting to boss people around.

me:
don't forget random Light and BB.
ALSO, i get to be butler!Grell for the anime mid-winter ball.
i wanna wear a dress though....*sob sob* xD

Laureninja
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow, so many cosplayers!
detour 2010 will be my first, and I'm goeing as a
pachirisu gijinka! I cant wait!

PhantomTheifSai
02-15-2010, 03:21 AM
@ SpazzyKat MY Sebby and I got a photo shoot done! Omg:O
Here are some of the photos, I hope they turned out ok ^^
http://aka-fuyu.deviantart.com/art/Let-Me-Get-That-154102934
http://aka-fuyu.deviantart.com/art/So-Far-From-Whats-Real-154100841
http://aka-fuyu.deviantart.com/art/Our-Secrets-154045873

SpazzyKat
02-15-2010, 01:54 PM
PhantomTheifSai:
AWESOME. O o O
i have to send them to my ciel!~

YOUR COSPLAYS ARE AWESOME.
*armflail*

PhantomTheifSai
02-15-2010, 07:27 PM
@SpazzyKat
Thank you!!! >///< I'm glad you think so!
I don't think I am a very good ciel, but I'm trying ^^;;

Fallen Sephiros
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
This'll be my second Anime Detour... though I'm still debating as to what cosplays to bring. I'm definitely bringing KHII Sephiroth, but as for the others, debating as to bring Xemnas, Lancer, Hughes, or Soubi. Can't decide between those other four which two more I'll bring.

Satori Veda
03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
This will be my second as well. I am planning on Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail. I'm only doing one outfit this year due to time and money. Last year I was Mizore and Inner Moka from Rosario+Vampire.
I'm hoping that this year will be as awesome as last, though I don't think the Sheraton can beat out the Crown Plaza's Game room (top floor with a great view of the city. It was also the most stairs I have ever climbed) and the pool right in the middle of the convention (I found this hilarious). But I guess it will be like a whole new con with the new, bigger hotel.

Cartwight
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm hoping that this year will be as awesome as last, though I don't think the Sheraton can beat out the Crown Plaza's Game room (top floor with a great view of the city. It was also the most stairs I have ever climbed) and the pool right in the middle of the convention (I found this hilarious). But I guess it will be like a whole new con with the new, bigger hotel.

The new hotel has a pool in the middle of the atrium! So you can watch people swim from both floors of party rooms and one side. It's awesome -- more awesome than the other hotel, I think.

Plus if they have the game room on the top floor again (which I think is a terrible idea because elevators are always slow and steps are exhausting -- I think they should put it on the 4th floor or something) the hotel is 22 floors high and you can see lots and lots of tinier buildings.

SpazzyKat
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
@PhantomTheifSai:

you're a good ciel!~
C:

..i think i might kinda fail at grell.....espicially because im scared i might not have a wig by then!! > ^ <

Satori Veda
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Plus if they have the game room on the top floor again (which I think is a terrible idea because elevators are always slow and steps are exhausting -- I think they should put it on the 4th floor or something) the hotel is 22 floors high and you can see lots and lots of tinier buildings.

Lol, I definitily only made the walk all the way up once, and I know I will appreciate a bigger dealer area this year.

I am still desperately trying to finish my costume. I have to finish all the base work this week so I can start bondo-ing, sanding, and painting. If I have enough time left over, I will make a sword too I think.

rarrrhannah
03-27-2010, 01:25 AM
ahhh this is my first year at detour and i'm so excited. (: i've literally been trying for four years to get to come! : D

i'm actually NOT gonna be someone from kuroshitsuji! : D haha.
i'm working on a detective ema skye from apollo justice, hobo phoenix wright from apollo justice as well, and olette from kh2 (:

i'm cool and i don't have any friends being anyone for a "group," so come find me and make me feel loved : D

SpazzyKat
04-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Only 5 more days guys!!!
> w <

Chibi Mitsuki
04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
needs to hurry up faster LOL.

kanghead
04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
This is my third (?) year now. :3
I was gonna go as Ciel but I ended up going with Kaiko.

SpazzyKat
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
D: i missed today (was there for like 2 hours, but i was searching for my group, and my mom wouldn't let me go off on my own, and i had to go home...:C)

songbirdblues
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
As I've mentioned at the Minnesota thread, I couldn't attend Detour this year, but would definitely like to see some photos of this year's con :D

Akahime
04-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi all! =) I certainly enjoyed my first year at AD'10 (also my first time at an anime convention). I took plenty of pictures. Next year, my goal is to take at least 2000+ pictures. 8D LMAO So don't be shy if you see a girl with a big camera around her neck and ask me to take your pictures. I'll be more than happy to! =)

Here's a link to what I had taken over there. =D

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/akahime-AD/Anime%20Detour%202010/

kanghead
04-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Honestly, I hate the new hotel.
It's not fit for a small con like Detour.
Asides from elevator troubles at the Crowne Plaza, I think it was much better there.

Satori Veda
04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I hate the new hotel.
It's not fit for a small con like Detour.
Asides from elevator troubles at the Crowne Plaza, I think it was much better there.

Me too. The Sheraton made me feel....dirty. I did like the sakura outside though. Almost everything was better last year, despite the mildly cramped feeling. The Dealer's room sucked- there was such a small selection compared to this year. Honestly the Artist Alley was a crapton better than the dealer's selection. I was expecting a bigger room, because this was supposed to be a "bigger hotel", but it was actually SMALLER. The lines to the dealer's room were actually WORSE, which I did not think was possible. The additional waiting for the dance (about 30 min), not seating for the Maquarade when promised in the program, only allowing lining up 30 min before the actuall door opening (i swear it was an 1 or two last year- and no the only 30 min early rule did not give ANY benefits. People were still turned away and the seating fro being in line early were not really that good because of the way they arranged it). What was a TOTAL dissappointment to me was how teent tiny the AMV room was. Everybody has a seat in their big ass screening room last year. No one did this year. I could not see over the massive giant heads standing in the back (and believe me this room was fire hazard capacity). I know I can see them online, but where is the fun in that?
Oh, and not to MENTION the unwalkable hotel situation ( because how was I to know the official hotel was going to sell out in NOVEMBER). I am not crossing 4 lanes of highway to get to the con by foot. Last year I could just walk through the walkway. There are a lot more walkable ways to the Crown Plaza St. Paul.
The 30 minutes between panels was pure hell. I don't know if they did this last year and there was just one to do between. But this made the con feel empty, boring, and depressing. Couldn't even really go to the crappy dealer's room between the panels (wouldn't even want to).

But to not be a total whiner, there were some things I enjoyed. Some of the panels were awesome, like- Zombies Pwn Your Anime, Anime Radio (were all the guest read an old radio script, ad-libing and doing silly voices), "Horrors of the Internet", and "Smut-tastic"- where they had a bad smut writting contest. Some of the room parties were pretty good too.

Would I go back to the Sheraton again...I really don't know. I definitly wouldn't recommend it to anyone though.

If this was your first con, I am glad you don't know yet what a good one is. It will make it all the more amazing when you do go to one.

kanghead
04-27-2010, 09:09 PM
@Satori Veda: I honestly wanna get a huge group of people to email/send a letter about the hotel this year. They always ask for feedback and this is the kind they need.
The hotel itself was larger, but the rooms are so small I could barely do anything. They had that huge area to just sit around and relax, but that should have been the artist alley and the dealer's room should have been where the artist alley is. I'd much rather be in the Crowne Plaza, even with it's painfully slow elevators.

SpazzyKat
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM
I had such a great time!!!
:3
plus it was awesome driving up and seeing all the sakura/blossoms....:3

although i've never been to a con before...the dealer's rooms seemed a bit small....:I
i thought it'd be at least a bit bigger....

it was still a good experience, none the less. :3