PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Hellsing Cosplay?

Walter NHO
09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
My heart aches when I discover the lack of Hellsing cosplay these days. :[... Doesn't anyone agree? Or is it only here is south Florida? :waaaah:

lunaladyoflight
09-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Well new anime and video games are coming out all the time, and most cosplayers tend to only cosplay what is popular. So naturally Hellsing has phased out somewhat. I like going to a convention and seeing less of it actually, it means people have less a chance of failing hard.

Snowhite_Dahlia
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM
If it cheers you up, here's a picture of my Seras costume that I wore to Nan Desu Kan last weekend.

http://pics.livejournal.com/snowhite_dahlia/pic/00011zex/g8

We actually had a pretty strong turn-out for our gathering. :)

ShinobiXikyu
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Hellsing's still fairly common here, but I live in Canada...my guess is maybe it's a tad hot in Florida to wear heavy suits around at cons most of the time?

Xaevier
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I always see at least 2-3 Hellsing outfits at Otakon

Natchan
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
I think it all depends on where you are really. I'm the founder of a Hellsing cosplay group.

And I know for a fact that there are a ton of Hellsingers at Anime Expo and Anime Los Angeles.

lenecom
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I love Alucard!!! I will cosplay him next month.

Tigress
09-17-2009, 03:17 AM
We have a fairly large and rabid Hellsing group in NC. Perhaps the fact that you live in south Florida has a lot to do with. Most of the Hellsing characters don't lend themselves to heat-friendly costumes.

Schuldig_
09-17-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm an avid Hellsing cosplayer, as is my wife. Though as many has pointed out, they're not really outfits for warm climates. Three layers of fabric is murder when it's hot; take it from someone who cosplayed Alucard in San Fran last year. At least the hat shaded me from the worst of it. :)

Walter NHO
09-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Bless you all! ^^ Whats funny is although their is a lack of Hellsing Cosplay, when you find people who DO know who you are, its 100 times more rewarding. Its nie hearing everyones stories and opinions. Lenecom, good luck with your Alucard! When your done I'd love to see pics! Also its true, not heat friendly XD, But ill do it anyway damn it! XD

ZombieChan
09-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I was actually planning on making a Schrodinger costume after I finish my big project. :<!

And I want to make it. XD But I feel like I'd fail. I dont know how to sew really well. ._.;

Walter NHO
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I hope you do it1! :3... If you do, please send me pics... Schro is teh smex :3

infinitydragon
09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Hellisng is still quite common hear in the UK, But Luna is right in saying it has phased out a little;
There's no where near as many as there used to be, but theres normaly at least one at every con I've been to.

Tigress
09-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm an avid Hellsing cosplayer, as is my wife. Though as many has pointed out, they're not really outfits for warm climates. Three layers of fabric is murder when it's hot; take it from someone who cosplayed Alucard in San Fran last year. At least the hat shaded me from the worst of it. :)

I thought I was going to pass out in my Integra costume at Otakon. Wool suit, long sleeve muslin shirt, and long heavy wig combined with not having anything to eat since that morning. I took that as my cue to peel it off and get into my much cooler Tsunade costume.

OTOH, later that day, I wore my Bondage-card costume, which is a compression vest and all leather outfit with another long, heavy wig and I didn't feel overheated at all. (Probably because it rained that day and cooled things off somewhat.)

But at Katsucon earlier this year, I ended up lending my overcoat to a chick dressed as Schrodinger because she was FREEZING.

Hellsing Cosplay = Face it. You're screwed no matter what the weather is.

IntraVentus
09-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm a Hellsing cosplayer myself. I will agree, there isn't as much as I'd like to see -- but that makes it all the more special in my opinion. 8D I'm moving down to North Carolina here in a bit - so I hope to see more people cosplay it down there!

*crosses fingers*

Tigress
09-18-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm a Hellsing cosplayer myself. I will agree, there isn't as much as I'd like to see -- but that makes it all the more special in my opinion. 8D I'm moving down to North Carolina here in a bit - so I hope to see more people cosplay it down there!

*crosses fingers*

Ooh! When? And what area?

IntraVentus
09-18-2009, 01:42 AM
The set date is October 11th, and moving into New Bern temporarily. 8D I'm very excited.

Tigress
09-18-2009, 02:06 AM
The set date is October 11th, and moving into New Bern temporarily. 8D I'm very excited.

Bleh. The coast!

Most of us are closer to the middle of the state, ie Raleigh. I live closer to Greensboro.

We do have a convention in NC on Memorial Day weekend. Animazement in the Raleigh Convention Center. There's also a new one starting up in Concord (other side of the state) called Ichibancon, but they don't seem to have their act together yet.

IntraVentus
09-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah, the coast. x__X We're living with my boyfriends brother until we can get back up on our feet from the costs of moving all the way from NY to NC. Animazement is the same weekend as Anime North - the con I generally get myself to. I'll probably attend any convention in NC (and perhaps other nearby states, depending on job vacation and distance, really.)

Raleigh doesn't seem to be too far off. A good hour and a half, I'm guessing?

Tigress
09-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Yeah, the coast. x__X We're living with my boyfriends brother until we can get back up on our feet from the costs of moving all the way from NY to NC. Animazement is the same weekend as Anime North - the con I generally get myself to. I'll probably attend any convention in NC (and perhaps other nearby states, depending on job vacation and distance, really.)

Raleigh doesn't seem to be too far off. A good hour and a half, I'm guessing?

There abouts. I'm about 60 - 90 minutes away in the other direction.

IntraVentus
09-18-2009, 03:27 AM
There abouts. I'm about 60 - 90 minutes away in the other direction.

Mmm. I see.

Schuldig_
09-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Hellsing Cosplay = Face it. You're screwed no matter what the weather is.

:crylaugh: I wonder what that says about the ones of us who persist in doing it...

ZombieChan
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Will do, Walter! I might do Seras Victoria later. But for now.. =_= I have so much to do. -Sulks- XDDD I need to take sewing classes, damn it!

silent_dreaming
09-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm in North Central Texas (DFW area) and we have a ton of Hellsing cosplayers here. (Integral Hellsing, at your service.) We had a pretty huge group at A-kon, probably around 15 or so, and we had an equally large group for AnimeFest last year. ^^ Don't worry, we're out there! :D

IntraVentus
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm in North Central Texas (DFW area) and we have a ton of Hellsing cosplayers here. (Integral Hellsing, at your service.) We had a pretty huge group at A-kon, probably around 15 or so, and we had an equally large group for AnimeFest last year. ^^ Don't worry, we're out there! :D
-jealous- I wish I had such a big group for my Hellsing cosplay! D: I cosplay Integra as well (being revamped a bit).

FyreGothChylde
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, you still see quite a few at most Texas cons despite the heat..heheh. I'll still brave the heat for Hellsing! ^.^ Though Bondagecard is something I usually have to wear at cooler cons..

Tigress
09-19-2009, 12:23 AM
:crylaugh: I wonder what that says about the ones of us who persist in doing it...

Royal masochists.

-jealous- I wish I had such a big group for my Hellsing cosplay! D: I cosplay Integra as well (being revamped a bit).

At AZ '07, we had a pretty sizable group. This year, we saw about half that. I wear Integra to about every con. When I re-do Bondage-card (not completely satisfied with it), that will be in my heavy rotation as well.

Once you get settled in, you should check out the Animania events that dot the state. I usually hit the Cary and Raleigh ones. My friends and I do Hellsing pretty frequently at those.

IntraVentus
09-19-2009, 03:36 AM
At AZ '07, we had a pretty sizable group. This year, we saw about half that. I wear Integra to about every con. When I re-do Bondage-card (not completely satisfied with it), that will be in my heavy rotation as well.

Once you get settled in, you should check out the Animania events that dot the state. I usually hit the Cary and Raleigh ones. My friends and I do Hellsing pretty frequently at those.

Yeah, definitely. I wear Integra to almost every con at least once - and hopefully I won't die from the heat myself...Being from NY, I'm certainly not used to warmer weather. But we should stay in touch so my boyfriend and I could meet up with other Hellsing enthusiasts like you and your friends.

ShiNo_Usagi
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I've noticed a drop in Hellsing cosplayers around the cons I go to, but this year seems to have exploded with cosplays from it due to the OVA releases. Looks like there will be a big group of us at MegaCon this year actually =)

Tigress
01-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, definitely. I wear Integra to almost every con at least once - and hopefully I won't die from the heat myself...Being from NY, I'm certainly not used to warmer weather. But we should stay in touch so my boyfriend and I could meet up with other Hellsing enthusiasts like you and your friends.

I find that if I stay where it's air conditioned and keep water handy, I'm okay. At Otakon, I walked around in Integra on Friday afternoon and Bondage-card that evening and I felt fine.

I'm going to be happy that I have Integra this weekend. (Winter cons... BRRRR!)

IntraVentus
01-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I find that if I stay where it's air conditioned and keep water handy, I'm okay. At Otakon, I walked around in Integra on Friday afternoon and Bondage-card that evening and I felt fine.

I'm going to be happy that I have Integra this weekend. (Winter cons... BRRRR!)

Oooh. What convention are you hitting up? 8D

CapriciousThief
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
There seem to be a fair amount of them over here in the bay area of California. At Fanime 09 I had a small Hellsing cosplay group that consisted of me as Schrodinger, a Young Walter, and two Seras'. And the gathering that year was pretty sizable! It was only one of two gatherings I had ever been to, but it was definitely the better of the two. Hellsing cosplayers are always fun to meet and chat with, it seems like.

InuYashalvr48
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I always see a couple at ACen every year, at a pretty steady number. I think for this particular con, temperature doesn't matter because they always keep the convention center at a cool -500 degrees.

This is my first year doing a Hellsing cosplay and I am so excited. My boyfriend is going as The Captain (military uniform) and I am going as The Captain (full werewolf form). Can't wait!!

ComasticSpazz
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I saw 3 really good ones at my convention but once it was over I found out that there were actually like 20 XD

ShiNo_Usagi
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I saw 3 really good ones at my convention but once it was over I found out that there were actually like 20 XD
lol, this makes me feel too old to cosplay XD

HelenaInvictus
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
IRONY. I used to live in Dallas but that was before I discovered cosplay T_T

I still cosplay from Hellsing, but not as vigilantly as I used to d/t wanting to do other costumes, too. I think the drop is due in a lot to the OVA not coming out in English anymore. Once Hirano starts back writing The Dawn or the OVA picks up in English again, I think there will be a rise in costumers.

IntraVentus
01-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Not going to lie. I was one of the few Hellsing cosplayers at Anime North 2009. There was a small gathering - and besides that I only ran into a few other Seras/Alucard cosplayers. IWF, indeed. This is why there has been a significant dwindle of Hellsing cosplayers.

If only they'd get their asses moving on the Dubs.

AceOfCraze
09-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey there. I think it's pretty sad that there a lack of Hellsing cosplays because it's such a good anime. So to cheer you up, here's some photos of my older Walter cosplay and I'm cosplaying as him to London MCM Expo 2010. And it's gonna be my first convention and first time cosplaying in public, I'm glad I'm cosplaying as Walter, I love him!

Tigress
09-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Funimation has gotten the greenlight to start work on dubbing Volumes 5 - 7, so we may see an uptick in Hellsing costumes soon. Like BEM, I'm finding myself wearing Integra less and less. Not because I love the character any less, but because I just don't know when I'd wear her among my other costume commitments.

I actually decided to leave Integra at home for AWA because I was already bringing five costumes (Rainbow Brite, Ponyo, Oboro, Kefka Palazzo and a "formal" version of Ponyo for the ball) and I simply didn't have room or time for a sixth!

Tsukiyomisakura
02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Not going to lie. I was one of the few Hellsing cosplayers at Anime North 2009. There was a small gathering - and besides that I only ran into a few other Seras/Alucard cosplayers. IWF, indeed. This is why there has been a significant dwindle of Hellsing cosplayers.

If only they'd get their asses moving on the Dubs.

I do believe I and my friend's hung out with you, I went as rip and I had an Alucard and overly tall Schrodinger with me - He's getting older and becoming more manly and taller - I think soon were going to be like "yeah... you know your so tall....Like go do captain" he is the youngest one of our group though.

If your coming back to anime north I am going to be having a group of 4 or more Hellsing cosplayers around, I just hope it's nicer then 2009 because some of the cosplayers didn't want to do anything and were kinda stuck up in a sense, last year though we had lots of fun and there were about 12 or more of us total.

ItalyxTsuna
06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
while its true that I haven't seen many, I don't believe they are completely non-existent...

Celephais
06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Unfortunatly I've also came to notice the lack of hellsing cosplays which really saddens me since I totally love this anime and it's utterly awesome but only getting so little attention.

Well, you DO see Alucards and Seras and also some Integras but what's about e.g. Iscariot? They only get very little love.

I'm going to be Yumie at my next con (it's the Connichi, a German convention) and luckily I've managed to find an Alexander Anderson cosplayer to join me but we're still searching for Heinkel and Maxwell yet it does'nt look like there would be anyone willing to do them.

I really hope that there will be an uprising of the amount of Hellsing cosplays after the release of OVA 8 and the dubbing of OVA 5.

Angelx624
06-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Well, I'll be cosplaying Rip Van Winkle very soon~ ^^ And I'm really looking forward to cosplaying her~ :D

But yes, I did see a good number of Hellsing cosplayers at Fanime, this year~ :3 Also, I've recently became a fan of the series, but it's good from what I've seen so far~! ^^

heeroluva
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
There aren't many which is a sad thing, because some of the outfits are amazing.

kracken29
07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
The number of Hellsing cosplayers is starting to rise, I think, especially since OVA's 6 & 7 came out.. There were a few at ANext this year, same with CTCon.

saviorrenegade
07-25-2011, 02:50 PM
my group and I are doing Hellsing at Otakon, and I'm just looking for a shoot now

Valormeer
08-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Will be heading to http://www.akumakon.com/ as Pip this year :D

Origin
08-30-2011, 08:44 PM
The only costumes I've seen at Sakuracon have been one or two Seras's, a handful of Alucard and a few Integra's and Shroedingers, and at SC2011, I didn't see any Hellsing characters but one Alucard =/ I'm hoping next year since I'll be going as Seras (http://new.cosplaylab.com/lab/20650-181768.jpg)that there will be a few more out there.

undertaker22
09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh yeah I live in TX and we have a buncha ceras's and very few Alucard but recently it has gotten a little better when I found a Pip and Rip I am working on Hans but yeah I do wish there were more to bad its not as popular as hetalia there's no shortage of them around

KalashnikovDevi
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
we had a showing at NDK this year but it was definitely sparse...

2 Seras
2 Alucard
2 Walter
1 Integra
4 Pips (1 gender bent)
1 Captain
1 Rip Van Winkle
1 random last battalion-er

sadly most of that didn't make the shoot =[

Seena-Cha
10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
No its the same in canada ):
It really sucks. You see very FEW hellsing cosplays and when you do, there not actually GREAT hellsing cosplays. ( I have seen a few awesome ones before, but not enough to hold together a group)
But its also very hard to pull off with the anime style. Cause all the characters are very tall and narrow or they are skinny with huge ass boobs.
Cause i want to do a Rip van Winkle cosplay for a anime convention in 2 years, but im short and tiny. So for some people is really hard, so they dont bother to try =/

so sometimes it can be that aswell.
But i hope one day there will be better ones and more hellsing cosplays in the near future (:

ADreams
02-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Where can I buy a ready made hellsing costume?

kracken29
02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Where can I buy a ready made hellsing costume?

eBay, Etsy, the Marketplace on here. Do a Google search; you're bound to find something, depending on which character you want to cosplay.

kittenPOP
03-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Next weekend I'll be trying my Seras cosplay at a con! Both yellow and red outfits with harkonnen and the black arm. Then I got my cousins as Doc and Schrodinger, my two best friends as Integra and Yumie, and another friend as Heinkle. To finish it all we have a beautiful Alucard and possible a Walter if his finances permit! Hellsing will be strong at Kawa Kon in St. Louis this year! Also, myself and Integra plan on visiting Metrocon this year in Tampa ^w^

SorcererSupreme
04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
I might bring Alucard back for AWA, but I'm not sure yet.

We had at least 50 cosplayers at Otakon a while back, but the numbers of Helling cosplayers have been steadily declining since then. I think we only had 15 or so (partially because of the heat) this past year.

Comp_Stein
08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
It's a little sparse in utah as well. At Anime Banzai we have a cosplayer who is dedicated to Alucard (does a very nice job too) and a few others, but that's about it.

hippiewriter
01-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Wow, this thread is so old.

Anyways, at most mid-sized and larger cons I see a couple of Hellsingers. Last weekend, I found a Seras and a Walter at ALA. I wish I had run into them while I was wearing my Integra cosplay, but oh well. One can't have it all.

Tigress
01-11-2013, 06:42 AM
We had a surprising number at Ichibancon last weekend, but that probably has to do with the fact I was running a Hellsing panel. :3

Rainbowgasm
01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
We have quite a few Hellsings here in Canada, at least at Anime North anyways... I have a group starting up and going to various cons this year that has Alucard (me), Seras, Integra and Rip van Winkle, and maybe some others too...
we have a facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/rainbowgasmcosplay, a dA @ http://rainbowgasm-cosplay.deviantart.com and a youtube at http://www.youtube.com/RainbowgasmCosplayCN if anyone is interested... I have a couple Alucard teaser pics up and my Seras and Integra should be joining me for a shoot on Feb 16th-ish and then Seras, Rip and I have a shoot at a con the next weekend...

You should be starting to see a revival of Hellsing because OVAs 5-8 we released in English in November and OVA 10 was released in Japan in December! 10 year anniversary of Hellsing was recently too!