PDA

View Full Version : Death the kid cosplay, I could use some advice!

Benziel
09-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey whats up, so I want to cosplay death the kid from the manga/anime Soul Eater...

Death the kid:
http://foroanime.com/foros-de-anime/997-otaku-dark-lyon-albums-imagenes-de-ahi-13-imagen-caption-518094-20080419154634-1-22737.jpg

...and I have the costume all ready except the hair, So here's my dilemma do I use a wig or my hair?
The character and I have the same length of hair, only that his hair is straight and black and mine is wavy and brown. I was thinking I could straighten my hair and dye it black, no problem. BUT! He has 3 solid white horizontal lines on his hair... Which I don't know what to do about those, Any suggestions?

On the other hand I could wear a dammed wig... But I really don't want to wear a wig! -___-

Nooby Banana
09-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I hate to say this since you seem to not like wigs, but... I'd say get a wig. It'd just be a lot easier in the long run. Getting your real hair to have those perfect stripes would be HELL, and wouldn't look as good as a wig. Plus, if you ever decide to do Kid again you won't have to go through the trouble of dying/straightening your hair again.

For the stripes, I've seen some people use acrylic paint and a stencil, and it turns out REALLY nice. But that's the only suggestion I've got for that, since I've never cosplayed Kid before. ^_^;;

HotaruKitty
09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
For our Kid, I painted the stripes on his actual hair with acrylic paint. It looked really effective and much nicer than another kid with a wig on.
I did it with masking tape, I covered the parts of his hair that would stay black, and painted in the gaps of the tape.
Nice straight lines.
Hope that helps you ^~^

Miyabi-
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
For our Kid, I painted the stripes on his actual hair with acrylic paint. It looked really effective and much nicer than another kid with a wig on.
I did it with masking tape, I covered the parts of his hair that would stay black, and painted in the gaps of the tape.
Nice straight lines.
Hope that helps you ^~^

I gotta ask...how long did it take to get it out of his hair? O_o