PDA

View Full Version : Ringlet Care

penultimate03
08-17-2003, 11:54 PM
I just recently got a wig with ringlets, kinda colonial style. You can check my gallery for pictures of me in it. It's a great wig, very high quality, and I paid more than I really intended to for it. So I intend to use it many many times to get my money's worth.

I just want to know, what is the best way to care for a wig with ringets? I'm scared to death to brush it, as that would totally unwind the ringlets. Is there a way to extend the life of the ringlets, like pinning them or spraying them or something? Any advice or ideas will do, as I'd like this wig to last a long time.

HowilnMadMurphy
08-18-2003, 05:40 PM
I don't have any ringlet wigs but I think pinning them in the curl when you store it/aren't wearing it should be good.. Sounds logical to me, at least :D

Arisugawa Juri
08-18-2003, 06:31 PM
I am one who wears her hair in ringlets almost daily, so hopefully I can offer some advice. For one, do not brush your ringlets. They will unwind and/or deform. I would simply suggest excessively hairspraying them so that they are rock-hard, though make sure it does not look "cakey." They should hold up well that way. Considering it is a wig, the style should keep itself better than on natural hair, though if your ringlets do look a bit limp I would put the limp piece in a plastic curler, hairspray it, and blow-dry. Hope this helps.

Kitzune
08-18-2003, 08:15 PM
When you store your wig buy cheap curlers and secure the ringlets or they might fall and if that happens use a VERY low heat curling iron to fix them up....

Moogle Hiromi
08-18-2003, 11:13 PM
or you could blow dry them with the curlers in, because that seems easier than using an iron. [horrors] Because it is plastic stuff it will melt and mold slightly

megumibish
08-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Well as far as I know you can just get some water and scrunch the curls and they will bounce back into place..that's what they manufacturer advises for super curly falls...other that that...finger twirling them back into place should they look untidy...you really don't need hairspray cuz the curls are set into the plastic, but if you need quick touchups and you have lil' time hairspray is the way to go..