PDA

View Full Version : Yaoicon costumes & cosplay.com gathering

Eurobeat King
10-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone,

Yaoicon is next weekend (the 18th) and look forward to seeing everyone who'll be attending. :) If you do plan to attend, reply here and list which costume(s) you'll be wearing.

For me, I'm bringing my costumes which are the most.. err.. appropriate for this con.. :thumbsup:

Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
Trowa Barton (Gundam W)
Saitou Hajime (Ruroni Kenshin)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D)
Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)

Being the only staffer from cosplay.com attending Y-con, should we try to get a cosplay.com gathering together, in respect to Adella & Admin? Our gathering at Animagic this past weekend was a great turn-out, so perhaps we should get one together also at this con? What do you think?

"Listen to Eurobeat" :skidude2:

Karisu-sama
10-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Sure, lets have a G2G! :)

I'm bringing my Dilandau costume; I don't think I have other costumes in my current collection that are... err.. appropriate for this con.. (as you say ;) ) - I'll do my darnedest to get my husband (who is going with me) to wear his Van costume, heh heh. (Someone got a fantastic "yaoi kiss" photo of us in those costumes at AX, hee hee!)

Kenshin Ken
10-08-2002, 02:20 AM
hmm..^^: I have not too many costumes for Y-con.... but I might bring about my Clive costume jsut cause ^_^. *thiks8 hmm......

Actualyl I'll put Clive and posilby some others.. from my so so limited collection ^^;;

L to the 3rd
10-08-2002, 02:45 AM
oh man..i like collecting final fantasy
shonen ai ..but..i dunno about
going to this con.. X_X;;

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 02:58 AM
well after our skit at Animagic.. i was asked by someone to go to Yaoicon so i can be *gulp* Auctioned off??

Eurobeat King
10-08-2002, 12:43 PM
L: Awww, you and Sniper Rei should come out to Y-con if you can. You two look good as bishonen guys, and your Kenshins at Animagic were proof of that, not to mention your white Squall (Gackt Squall?) ;)

That bishonen auction sounds interesting, and hould be fun. I saw something like that at Ohayocon this year, but they only did staff people for the auction. Silly thing that happened (that MIGHT happen at Y-con) my friend Y2KJ was bidded (and won) by a large group of girls.. I hate to see what he had to do for ALL of them.. :thumbsup: For this one, are we allowed to cosplay during the auction or is it just regular clothes? Either way works for me :)

Nadeshiko
10-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Hm...I will be there Saturday and will only be wearing my Wolfwood costume. Yay for crossplay. *^^*

The madness never ends. ^^;

Rey-Rey
10-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Uh-oh. More HYA. >=D

Ruff. >=D

Karisu-sama
10-09-2002, 02:53 AM
Hey, Luke! (Oh wait, DON'T CALL ME OBAACHAN!!) Hey, L!
You and sister(s) should got to Y-con! ^_^ You make good bishies!

1) It's a long drive for you, though, I think (you SoCal/LA, right?)
2) I didn't ask your age, but you gotta be 18+ to attend

Aoshi, I'll be expecting you at the auction, LOL. Hmm, should I auction off my bishie? (Temporarily!!!!!!!! For lease only!!!! Gotta keep him. He does laundry, he cooks...)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-09-2002, 04:23 PM
ack.. heh i dont think ill be attending. I'm still trying to recover from Animagic.. lol.. he also takes professional pics too as well as cook and does laundry..

Kenshin Ken
10-09-2002, 04:40 PM
* wonders if this bishi auction will consist of voluntary volunteers or pre-selected guys* ^^;;

SohjiroX
10-09-2002, 05:56 PM
I really want to go to this con cause I would like to atleast end this year with that con cause I dont know of any others for the end of this year.

Michi
10-10-2002, 01:23 AM
I'm going because it's local. I'm not getting a badge or doing anything related to the con, but I'll be going to hang out in the lobby and see friends.

I dunno what I'll wear. Probably Yoh from Shaman King.. maybe Zell if I cut my hair.. maybe Kuja? X_x;

Karisu-sama
10-10-2002, 01:49 AM
Excuses, excuses, Aoshi, since you are not underage ;) I'll let you know how (or if!) the hall party pics turn out - there's something funky with the light meter... (That was fun!! Lets do hall party next year! XD )

Misao/Miaka no Baka/Nanami Tot can stay happy, I won't be able to bid on Aoshi so I could make him go after Van with those kodachi... (he killed all my minions! Except the chibi one, apparently. Heh...)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-10-2002, 12:01 PM
I'll be a volunteer for that and no, i'm not cosplaying since I don't look like a bishounen. I'll be a "slave" to the video rooms. BTW, if anyone wants to come up and say hi, you may! I'll be in charge of one of the video rooms and I'll guess I'll get my assignement next weekend. I'll be bringing my fanimebadge so people can recognize me.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-10-2002, 03:22 PM
heh well i came back from Animagic oweing money.. how do u know im not underage? lol. well i look younger than i really am. OK i would like to see pics of course. I enjoyed our hall party at Animagic heh.. alot of random people just came and hung out in the halls. hm.. if there was a cheap way or a free way to get in, im open to ideas. I might volunteer if i have to get in. If i do go.. it will probably be for one day. yeah ill chase van screaming out " VAn.. you must die".. yeah he did kill all your minions.. " Miguel.. where are you!! Miguel!!!"

Umi
10-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Aw... I want to come and snap piccies but my midterms are scattered during the next couple of weeks >.< This is lame I probably won't make the Metreon thing either. Roar! Darn school the only two things that are actually in my city and I can't go *cries in a corner*

Karisu-sama
10-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Aoshi Shinomori
how do u know im not underage? lol. well i look younger than i really am.
Yah, if people find out my age, I'll have to kill 'em, heh heh...
Neither my physical, visual, nor psychological age are near the chronological one, which suits me just fine...

Nietsche
10-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Yah, if people find out my age, I'll have to kill 'em, heh heh... Neither my physical, visual, nor psychological age are near the chronological one, which suits me just fine...

You too Karisu?
Gah..It seems my cosplay age range seems to be from 14 to 18..I don't think I've ever cosplayed anyone older....

Lilli
10-12-2002, 08:46 PM
*glompsies Nietsche-chan and pinches his cheeks* It's cuz yer just so goshderned CUTE!!! XD Mueheheheee!! We wuvv youuuu!! We're all just jealous, cuz we know we won't be as well-preserved when we're your age. Although you did look older when you sprayed your hair blond for Rock, hmmmmmm. OHOHOHOHOO! *bounces away before he can decide he wants to kill her for calling him cute, even though it's true!*

Karisu-sama
10-13-2002, 02:36 AM
Oh, I seem to cosplay teens too, even if no one really buys it. Question is, what are they buying?
Well, I'm younger than Sputnik... ;)

Just because I have 2 kids and basically took a 12-year hiatus while having them and getting my life, health and career in shape and so forth, does NOT mean I have to "act my age"!!

I've been through enough crap, and paid my dues. Now I want some good out of life. And I WANT to cosplay.

Lilli
10-13-2002, 01:45 PM
._. You go, girl! heheee

Kenshin Ken
10-13-2002, 02:51 PM
the con creeps up this comin weekend... anyone ready? ^^;

looeks liek I'l lbe making some owrk on my Onizuka costume just for the occasion ^^v but that'd be all ^^.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey does anyone know how to get a hold of Nando or Ace.. just curious if anyone knows him

Kenshin Ken
10-14-2002, 01:09 AM
aah I know Nando and ace ^_^ they live in my city. I know where they work...however..they're both pretty busy guys ^^;

Nando is on IM here n there...but he seems pretty busy himself as well.. .why ya ask?

Nando
10-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Well here is Nando.

Just got my account set up on Cosplay.com.
It is about time.

Anyway, regarding Yaoi Con.

I want to go, if just for a day.
I had lots of fun last year, my only gripe is that I have to work this weekend.

Although I am trying to get off early on Saturday, perhaps make it for the late festivities.
No cosplay for me, although I said that for the Anime Fest and look what happened. LOL

Anyway, will keep ya posted.
And Aoshi, just E-Mail me if ya need to talk with me regarding something.
I also have your AIM name, so I will poke at ya.

~Nando :bouncer:

Nadeshiko
10-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Wah!

I hope I can go! *crosses fingers*

Just need a ride from Santa Rosa down there. ^^;; I'll pay for gas and golden gate bridge money. ^^;; Or in anime!

KelBebop
10-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new around here. I've perused some of the photos before, but never checked out the forums until today. So...hi!

Anyway, I'll be at Yaoi-Con, cosplaying as Gatti (Dragon Slayer from Escaflowne) on Saturday.

Hope to see some of you there!

All good things,
Kel

Eurobeat King
10-16-2002, 05:46 PM
2 days to go and then yaoicon will be here, and I still haven't figured out a schedule for which costumes I'll be wearing on which dayz & times.. :thumbsup: I'll figure it out and play by ear. But I'll be wearing my cosplay.com t-shirt at some point on Saturday to get a gathering together for a group photo shoot. Not sure the time yet, but I'll figure something out come the weekend. ;)

A J
10-16-2002, 05:59 PM
HIIIIII NANDO!!! *HUG*

I will be there on Saturday. Shouldn't be too hard to find us... look for the 6'5" Iori. O.O (Uh, that being my friend Tony, not me...)

Come say "HI!" So I can start attaching faces to names again. I have a mind like a sieve... I have enough trouble remember what I did yesterday so remembering names and faces is hard. :D

Karisu-sama
10-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by KelBebop
Hey everyone, I'm new around here. I've perused some of the photos before, but never checked out the forums until today. So...hi!

Anyway, I'll be at Yaoi-Con, cosplaying as Gatti (Dragon Slayer from Escaflowne) on Saturday.

Hope to see some of you there!

All good things,
Kel

WHHEEEEEE!!!!! I'll probably be Kenshin Friday & Sunday (stealing my daughter's costume; my husband can do Ranma) But Saturday belongs to DILANDAU!!!! Kel, I GOTTA meet you! ;) :D

Adella
10-16-2002, 10:13 PM
yay Nando is here!

KelBebop
10-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
WHHEEEEEE!!!!! I'll probably be Kenshin Friday & Sunday (stealing my daughter's costume; my husband can do Ranma) But Saturday belongs to DILANDAU!!!! Kel, I GOTTA meet you! ;) :D

I was dead, but I'm better now. ;)

Yes, we definitely need to meet up. Where would Gatti be without his Dilandau-sama? (Probably alive and happy in some Zaibach high school, but that's another story...) :D

All good things,
Kel

Nadeshiko
10-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Yay!

Just to confirm that I'll be there sometime during 1PMish. Just look for the femme Wolfwood. ^^;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I'll be there early friday afternoon so I can get which video rooms I am going to do. and if you guys see me wandering around, that will be me, Just come up to me and say hi. BTW, this is what I look like. see pic below. ^_^ I'll try to post later on what i'm going to be wearing for friday. I'll see you guys later!

Karisu-sama
10-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Awesome Sano shirt!! :)

Michi
10-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Moo... I don't think I can go.. I was gonna show up Saturday for a bit, but unless I can get a confirmed ride home back to Alameda that night -- I won't be able to.

Oh well, I can't register anyway. ^_^;

Kenshin Ken
10-18-2002, 01:43 AM
aww ^^; ya can't come michi..^^;;

Aoshi Shinomori
10-18-2002, 02:33 AM
ano.. *thinks* should i go.. or not.. should i go or not.. argh...*thinks to himself* but your broke aoshi.. argh.. *sigh* well.. we will see whats up then..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Karisu-sama:Thanks I don't know if you are going to get this message. if you see me on saturday, i'll be wearing a black SF Giants Shirt with jeans and brown shoes.

Thanks again!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-20-2002, 01:03 PM
So who was auctioned off at the bishounen auction and for how much .. my friend adam went as saitou and got like 120 i heard.

Frozen Emotion
10-20-2002, 11:06 PM
ohh! i wanna know too!
Maybe I'll go to the next next yaoi con x.x

Heh..Aoshi is pimpin' it in his avatar with those Misao ^o^

Umi
10-21-2002, 12:12 AM
I was just about to say the same Frozen Emotion... but... the one on the bottom looks like she has no head. o.O;

Karisu-sama
10-21-2002, 01:26 AM
Yaoi-con ROCKED. :D

YAY for Al and his camera and kewl mini-printer!!! (He got some real nice pics of many people, I like some of his pics of me (and I hate some of his pics of me, but I'm sure it's due to my lack of photogenic-ness...)
Originally posted by Aoshi Shinomori
So who was auctioned off at the bishounen auction and for how much .. my friend adam went as saitou and got like 120 i heard.
It's Sunday and the con is over, I got my standard Too Little Sleep and Too Little Food, my brain is fried, so I won't vouch for perfect recall...

Auction: I forget who came in 3rd, M (the BEST Beauty Man Garden bish waiter, even if he wasn't cosplaying that this time) came in 2nd, Ultra-cute Shiki came in 1st (big surprise), bought by M... heh heh)
I don't remember the amounts. I wasn't bidding.
Lessee what the quote was I heard..."My sister bought me and two straight guys, and then..."

GRAVITATION!!!!!!!! :D

BeBoy Kidnap Idol - kawaii/funny!

Didn't get to see as much stuff as I would have liked, oh well...

Hotel was a very good venue for the con; it was very relaxed and everything was concentrated in a good area.

I discovered where many fans who are more in my generation are - busy off writing Yaoi fanfic and such. Without so much overshadowing from a more "attention-hogging younger crowd" (Now I'm NOT knockin' you guys, I have LOTS of younger friends! Yes, even those of you too young to attend Yaoi-con - you'll be old enough eventually! ;) ), the "slightly older" crowd came a bit more out of the woodwork. Too bad many of 'em still don't cosplay. :(

J-Rock videos were great. I could so get into J-Rock... in my Copious Free Time. Oh well...

The dance was OK, but it would have been better if live band Secret-Secret had gotten set up earlier (but Shiki joined them onstage, yeah!! ^_^ )

The Evil Geniuses Open Room Party had great posters all over the con, great conversation, great champagne, great projection movies, and & great chocolate eyeballs...

More Hall-Party action late Saturday , which turned into a "raid Karisu's bottle of Plum Wine" mini-party with Kevin, Andy, Al, Xen, Sabrina....

I bought ONE thing in the dealer's room: A chibi-Hiko pin for my Kenshin Guys set. Amazing. I think someone ELSE snapped up all the good Kenshin (et al) doujinshi before I could get to it (hint hint, Xen... ^_^ )

Good panels going on, lotta adult subject matter, though. 'Nuff said.

Masquerade was too kawaii!!! And I got to see Chris Tang do the Action Figure skit again, YAY!!!!!

I have no clue who won the AMV contest, or the Fanfic contest... It is impossible for me to be in multiple places at once. ^_^ I might wish I won the Fanfic contest, but I'm not betting anything on it, heh.

I got a minion! (Kel is a super-excellent DragonSlayer!) Now I just need about 15-19 more of 'em...

Didn't wear Kenshin after all (But Sabrina and Sihaya (sp?) make MUCH betterr Kenshins than me anyway!), but I did get to wear my Uchikake.

And believe it or not, my husband actually had a good time attending the con. ^_^

KelBebop
10-21-2002, 09:55 AM
Wheeeeee, Y-Con was fun! :D

I had a wonderful time just hanging out and talking to friends. This is what a con should be like! No stress...just having fun!

Karisu-sama! *Gatti glomps Dilandau-sama* I never thought I would enjoy being a minion so much! I'm glad I finally got to meet you! :) Can't wait to put some of those sinister schemes in effect. Muwahahahah! :devil: I have a couple of DragonSlayer potentials in mind...I just have to conscript...ahem, I mean recruit them!

All good things,
Kel

Aoshi Shinomori
10-21-2002, 04:39 PM
ack.. they made me do that pic.. lol that misao had a black wig on and is looking down i think. ack u had another hall party? hall parties rules.. especially when it involves Karisu-sama

Kenshin Kitty
10-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Karisu-sama the hall party was great...next time I'll bring the wine ^_^;
I felt bad about that. -_-;
I guess now I'm waiting on seeing all those incrimating Saitou x Kenshin photos

Sabshin

Karisu-sama
10-22-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by KelBebop
Wheeeeee, Y-Con was fun! :D

I had a wonderful time just hanging out and talking to friends. This is what a con should be like! No stress...just having fun!

Yup, exactly the short break we needed from stressing ourselves silly over programming deadlines... a VERY nice little "relax-a-con" and cosplay fun.

Karisu-sama! *Gatti glomps Dilandau-sama* I never thought I would enjoy being a minion so much! I'm glad I finally got to meet you! :) Can't wait to put some of those sinister schemes in effect. Muwahahahah! :devil: I have a couple of DragonSlayer potentials in mind...I just have to conscript...ahem, I mean recruit them!

Eeeee, thank you thank you thank you!!! *bounces up and down and glomps back in total out-of-char mode* ^_^ So great to meet you too!!! Dilandau is a miserable wreck without his poor abused loyal minions! Aiya, I look so mean in Al's pics "hitting" poor Gatti!! Kel is very nice to put up with it!! Hey, where's the "Gatti looking pissed behind Dilandau's back" pic? I know we took one... (Or maybe it turned out crappy, so never mind... ;) )

Hmm... I should sneak some time in soon to make that "recruiting" website. I know Ran-Kitty wanted to be Chesta, but I don't remember if I still have her contact info (maybe I do, since I never delete my email except for spam, lazy-butt me...) My kid is still flexible about who she can be.

I will get you pics on CD as soon as I can! ^_^ And I will also be posting pics, to let the rest of you know... http://www.dragonsgate.net/cosplay - maybe even this week. Wait, we have a nasty-evil deadline to meet by Friday, arggghhhhh... maybe next week?...

KELLY!!! More comments to you on "So what does YOUR costume contain" thread.... Aiya, I'm actually supposed to be asleep at this hour. Insomnia struck, and I sneaked off to the computer. Shame on me...

Karisu-sama
10-22-2002, 02:43 AM
Oh yeah, Aoshi, they really needed to twist your arm to do that pose ;) - I have a pic of it too, and I thought it came out pretty nice. :)

Flattery indeed may likely get y'all more hall parties... ;)

Kenshin - Saitou pics on Richard's camera hopefully back from the lab tomorrow...

Eurobeat King
10-22-2002, 03:05 AM
Oh, yeah.. i want to see those pics again where Kenshin is kissing/licking my shoe, since I didn't get it on my camera. Or the one where we're drinking out of the same cup, performing a Japanese-style wedding, etc... :thumbsup: Yet still, the 2 smoochy ones I got came out good, and the one of Kenshin's head resting on my lap.. and NO!! his head is not where a lot of people think it is.. :thumbsup:

Aoshi Shinomori
10-22-2002, 03:30 AM
yes they twisted my arm and u had your weapon pointed at me.. i had no where to run too. yeah we should have more hall parties. lol is kenshins head at the end of your fist Al?

KelBebop
10-22-2002, 10:09 AM
I missed a fun hall party?! Bummer! :bigcry:

Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Eeeee, thank you thank you thank you!!! *bounces up and down and glomps back in total out-of-char mode* ^_^ So great to meet you too!!! Dilandau is a miserable wreck without his poor abused loyal minions! Aiya, I look so mean in Al's pics "hitting" poor Gatti!! Kel is very nice to put up with it!!

I love those pics! Hee hee! I need to work on my Gatti "yikes, Dilandau-sama's about to hit me" face (which is the pic in my avatar). ;)

Hmm... I should sneak some time in soon to make that "recruiting" website. I know Ran-Kitty wanted to be Chesta, but I don't remember if I still have her contact info (maybe I do, since I never delete my email except for spam, lazy-butt me...) My kid is still flexible about who she can be.

Well, I know someone who would be the perfect Migel. He just doesn't know it yet. ;) He already has the hair, and it wouldn't take much for him to get into character...heheh. Plus, he was asking me to help him with a cosplay costume anyway. I figure it all works out.

I will get you pics on CD as soon as I can! ^_^ And I will also be posting pics, to let the rest of you know... http://www.dragonsgate.net/cosplay - maybe even this week. Wait, we have a nasty-evil deadline to meet by Friday, arggghhhhh... maybe next week?...

Likewise! I will get my pics on a CD for you sometime after this week.

All good things,
Kel

Kenshin Ken
10-23-2002, 04:44 PM
^^ well I'm sure everyone's already had t heir tell n share of how Yaoi con rocked, I'll let in my bit too ^^.

Yes it was really fun! ^^ it was pretty cozy and msot of the time I was hanging with friends ^^. One thing I'm glad for..... missing out on Boku no sexual harassment episode #2..... aka.. the CORN episode ^^:;; you'll probably figure t hat one out on youur own time ^^;;...

K-chan
10-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Oh, I wish I could have gone. *is a Yaoi/Yuri fan* ^_^ Unfortunately I am a minor, can't buy a plane ticket without parent permission, and have no job and no money T_T

Wiccat
10-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Aw, I missed the cornness too... That makes me sad. *sigh* Maybe next year ^_^

Heh, woof.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-24-2002, 02:54 AM
ewww corn.. hmm.. i was wondering what type of things that were sold at yaoicon..

Kenshin Ken
10-24-2002, 03:28 AM
Welp.. if you were on the east side of the dealer's room... on the corner nearest to the exit of the yaoi table.. you would find soemthing very scary ^^;; * for those of you that know... nod yer head and burn the image outta there ^^;; *

Karisu-sama
10-24-2002, 05:41 AM
Awwwww..... WHO's scared?? Heh heh.... ;)

Wiccat
10-24-2002, 10:24 AM
LoL! It took me a while just to figure out exactly what those were... Oy...

KelBebop
10-24-2002, 10:48 AM
Heh heh heh... I thought it was funny. One-stop shopping! :D

Eurobeat King
10-24-2002, 12:39 PM
hehe Someone told me this, that instead of chanting that god-awful "CHAIR! CHAIR! CHAIR!" chant at cons, next year at y-con we should chant "CORN! CORN! CORN!" :devil:

A silly (and sick) idea would also for people next year to cosplay as the characters from "Boku No Sexual Harrassment" and walk around carrying a stalk of corn and a bottle of vodka as props.. :thumbsup: Why didn't someone think of it this year? heehee

KelBebop
10-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
A silly (and sick) idea would also for people next year to cosplay as the characters from "Boku No Sexual Harrassment" and walk around carrying a stalk of corn and a bottle of vodka as props.. :thumbsup: Why didn't someone think of it this year? heehee

Sick and wrong. *snicker* But funny!

Kenshin Ken
10-24-2002, 04:30 PM
* shudder8 duude I work at Safeway... and htis is CORN season....and we got a BIG liqor isle at my store...^^:;; I won't ever see work the same way again I tell ya!

K-chan
10-24-2002, 05:37 PM
^^;; *pretends to know what everyone is talking about* :thumbsup: