PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 6 Costume Help

Lost Spirit
09-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I am still a noob when it comes to choosing the right fabric. I accidently made my friends Hinata jacket out of cotten, at the time I didn't think of the harm it would cause. The convention she went to was in august... and the air conditioner had broken inside the convention center... I got scolded so bad I had bruises!! :eek:

Er... Anyways back to the point. Ever since I started playing Dynasty warriors I've been taken by how good the graphics were and the outfits were just stunning. With a little nagging and pushing from my friends I agreed to make their costumes.

But I'm having trouble on my own, Lu Xun. Out off all of the characters in DW6, he's the one I choose. I have no clue what patterns to use, or what fabric would be best. The designs on his outfit pose a problem too.

I want to stay away from silk and satin because those get snagged or I just loose patience and toss it in the trash. :sulk:

If anyone's got any tips or ideas on what I should use, they would be greatly appricated. :burger:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Leona181/a-luxun.jpg

firstlight
10-01-2009, 05:27 PM
You could use summer twill for some parts of the costume I think, but for most parts you will probably have to use satin to create the wispy look.

Lost Spirit
10-04-2009, 06:45 PM
You could use summer twill for some parts of the costume I think, but for most parts you will probably have to use satin to create the wispy look.

thx for the help

Amethyst Angel
10-05-2009, 02:58 AM
A costume expert I know suggested using silk over polyester satin since it supposedly breathes very well and is good to wear in hot weather. Silk brocade is expensive though, but if I were going to make a summer DW costume, that's what I would use.

alliebeth
10-05-2009, 06:19 AM
For the designs on the fabric, there are a couple ways I would suggest doing them. Because they are very delicate, I don't think applique would be a good option at all.

I would personally embroider them in gold (however, I'm on an embroidery kick right now), but that takes a long time and I'm not sure how much all that gold floss would cost. You could also paint them (use acrylic paint, not the puffy fabric paint >< ). OR, if you have a shaky hand like me and can't get good edges on painting, then I suggest embroidering a nice outline and painting inside it. That way it won't take FOREVER, and it will look very nice and maybe even a little 3-dimensional too.

Melanie
10-05-2009, 06:31 AM
We have a DW thread here, which has a lot of great advice for all your needs! -> http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=12322

Lost Spirit
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Tyvm all. ^^ The help is sooo welcomed!!! 8D