PDA

View Full Version : Ragna the Bloodedge's sword

demonninja
10-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok I need help. I have no idea how to make this sword. My knowledge in making props is not very great so I would love it if someone could help with what I need and how to make it. Here's a reference pic:

http://anime-wallpapers.com/images/original/ragna-the-bloodedge.jpg

G-Virus
10-03-2009, 11:48 PM
What I would do is kind of divide up the weapon (the actual blade, the red barrel of the gun piece, and the black casing.) Then, I would sketch out each piece on a big piece of paper, at the size you want it and proportional. Finally, trace the separate pieces onto insulation foam (my personal favorite material, but you could use whatever) and put them together.

For the bullet cylinder, get a piece of wide PVC pipe, paint it red, and cover each end with cardboard caps. Cut "bullet-holes" in the caps. :D

That's just one input, though. What would everyone else do?

Chipface
10-03-2009, 11:54 PM
I made mine out of wood. The barrel pieces are half inch thick pine. I made a piece that was 3/4 of an inch that which included the entire sword. Then for the blade, I glued a piece of pine to each side(also have an inch). The cylinder is also made out of wood, 3/4 inch thick.

Here's a pic:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2221855/

Wiriamu_Kitsune
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM
depending on if you want actualy size or not, I would also go with wood, but Foam board Blade. Maybe lol, this is just a quick thought.
Hope this helps :)

Chergnomebyl
10-04-2009, 12:05 PM
I would agree with the person above with Foam for actual size. Just add in some dowels or PVC to make it sturdy.

Akarin-chan
02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I helped a friend make it out of foam board, with the barrel-things out of a toilet paper tube cut in half. Also, make sure that if you do make it out of foam, that you have whatever use for the handle is well secured to the foam without any cracks or snaps, as my friends nearly snapped off in chess once.