PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 Costume (need help)

killermc
10-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes hello first time costume maker I'm gonna be working on the Starcraft 2 space marine costume I am going to be using the guide that i found at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=113136 that forum its for making the space marines from warhammer 40k but I'm using it for starcraft 2 SM i practically understand all of it on the guide but the help I am needing can be found on page 5 paragraph 2. I am wondering if it says to cut it fully into a 2 part chest piece or just cut in the red shaded areas (note you need to look at the guide in order to help me) it seems like i need to cut it just in the red areas but then when i look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOk1qx27vc&feature=fvw minute 2:27 of them putting on the chest piece it seems like they made the chest piece into 2 pieces if i do need to make it into 2 pieces can some one tell me how they made the back piece be able to stay on the back because I'm guessing the front piece is using the arms to stay on but I'm not too sure perhaps you guys can help me how they made both the front and the back piece stay on it looks like they strapped it onto the shirt they are wearing. if you guys have a better idea of how they are making the chest suit stay on please post how so i too can be working on my Starcraft 2 Sm suit or perhaps if the people who made there warhammer 40k suits can help me maybe they can post on here how they were able to equip there chest piece on.

Moennet
10-10-2009, 01:28 AM
they might have used that stretchy stuff... umm... the stuff you sew onto things and it makes them look bunched up... ._.
I'm sorry if that makes no sence... ._.

killermc
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
you mean elastics like rubber bands or something that holds them onto their bodies or holds the suits together? will if so my cousin was thinking the same thing they were using like straps to hold the back and front pieces onto there bodies and such.

SvK
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Unless you have previous experience building things, I recommend you choose a simpler costume. Big suits of armor like that are very difficult and can frustrate even experienced costumers.

killermc
10-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Unless you have previous experience building things

Yea i do have experience in building models of cars and etc but not in frames or actual stuff that is made of other items like how this is made of wood and paverpol and such