PDA

View Full Version : Costume-Con 28

supergeekgirl
10-06-2009, 03:16 PM
We're going up to Milwaukee, baby!

Anyway, our first CC in two years, and we're going to make it great!

Let's start our discussion now about CC 28.

We're doing both f&sf and historical masquerades. It's our first time entering a CC masquerade, so it should be exciting.

Sarcasm-hime
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet; I'm sure there'll be a few Folio designs that tempt me, and I have two ideas to choose between for the Historical. Had big plans for the F&SF but they will depend on the group leader's availability (currently up in the air) so we'll have to see.

Elendriel
10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
We are too! *dances* yay for winning free badges!

I have no clue what we'll be doing, but it'll be fun for sure

Ayekasong
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
This will be my first CC! I am very excited. I know I want to participate in the single pattern contest, but otherwise I don't know what costumes I'm doing yet. :)

supergeekgirl
10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
My husband and I are going to do some panels. Anyone have specific requests?

I know for sure we're doing a history of Russian costume panel (for the spy theme).

RaDragon76
10-27-2009, 11:03 AM
We'll be there as well and we've even got a room already. We're entering the Historical this time around, unless something happens to change that and we decide to enter F/SF as well, and have been working on our entry since July. We've also got a bunch of new hall costumes that are especially for this one.

trixyloupwolf
11-03-2009, 06:36 PM
iam coming too nya!!

hope to met all my last year friend ^^ all were so nice ^^ i miss them ^^

i wanna do the science fiction and futur fashion contest
and the doll contest too

and maybe the simgle patern but its a boring one this year =_=
well for fat people its not cool =_= aniway i have some idea well see^^p;;

nya! does anyione have any news about the futur fashion folio thingy ^^
i think th3re not letting any news up to us like last year =_=

why this convention they keep all secret until you arrive ther ein person its super poche we could prepare ourself to thios or this but no =_= that sad a bit its theyr lacking point ^^;; hhe!!

anyhow i just can't wait it gonna be really really fun again hopefully ^^

friendly
trixy

u2ecila
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Woohoo - we are looking forward to going again
too! If everything works out, this will be our 2nd CC.
Russian costumes sounds pretty cool and I would go to that. Also, how about modern Asian styles or bohemian? Trixie - I hear ya on the form fitting pattern. Maybe u could modify it for a looser look like a long coat version?
Cheers,
u2ecila

trixyloupwolf
11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
nah i have a lil idea hehe^^;;
but i guess it always secret stuffwith that weird convention ^^;;
meaning they let info only leek a lil so lil we never know nothing lol

aniway i guess i can modifi stuff a lot since las year
i could not even reconis the single patern in a couple entry 0_o
we were like euh errr wtf were the similitude and some won sooo
oi was kind of lost but since they succeed i guess i can do my lil idea heheh

trixy on the case ^^;; nya!!!

theyll cry out loud for how i modify it nya haha
in trixy way of course ^^

like i think they think maybe werwe all slim fast people ^^;;
from fitting one is not even buyable at the store lol^^;;
and the other one is also a boring toxedo =_= so yeah for fun

anyway haha its trixy time in that case for the entry ^^;;
i think ill have fun changing it a bit or a lot for myself nya!!

were gonna be a bigger french group this year if its continu that way hehe ^^;
well hopefully of course ^^;;

does anyone know the guy and girl that were selling those wowy thing in metal!!!
i wanted to show my friend but can't find any clues ^p^^;; lol!!

thasnks

von Drago
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Russian costumes sounds pretty cool and I would go to that. Also, how about modern Asian styles or bohemian?

Modern Asian - do you mean how their costumes differ from traditional? And which Asian countries are you interested in?
Bohemian? Where's that?

Katrina - are you doing Russian folk costume or what exactly?

I'd be happy to do programming but not sure what people want at this point.

von Drago
11-04-2009, 09:24 AM
nah i have a lil idea hehe^^;;
but i guess it always secret stuffwith that weird convention ^^;;
meaning they let info only leek a lil so lil we never know nothing lol

aniway i guess i can modifi stuff a lot since las year
i could not even reconis the single patern in a couple entry 0_o
we were like euh errr wtf were the similitude and some won sooo
oi was kind of lost but since they succeed i guess i can do my lil idea heheh

trixy on the case ^^;; nya!!!

theyll cry out loud for how i modify it nya haha
in trixy way of course ^^

like i think they think maybe werwe all slim fast people ^^;;
from fitting one is not even buyable at the store lol^^;;
and the other one is also a boring toxedo =_= so yeah for fun

anyway haha its trixy time in that case for the entry ^^;;
i think ill have fun changing it a bit or a lot for myself nya!!

were gonna be a bigger french group this year if its continu that way hehe ^^;
well hopefully of course ^^;;

You can certainly modify the patterns however you like, you'll just have to tell the judges how & where you modified it so they can see that you used the pattern.

As for the patterns being only for slim people - not so! A well-tailored tux jacket skims the body & can hide a multitude of sins. As an example, I made the Burda woman's tailcoat for myself for an outfit & I'm certainly not slim.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you again, Trixy - and all my new Canadian friends from last year!!!

trixyloupwolf
11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
^^ yeah!

lol that is if hopefully the judges don't trow us out before we can say it haha^^;;

LadyoftheThread
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Sadly, I won’t be able to make it since Milwaukee is too far away to be feasible for me. :(

But I did submit the CC28 info to be added to the cosplay.com calendar a while back. It’s up now and can be added your con planner for those who are attending: http://www.cosplay.com/event/1777/

CapsuleCorp
11-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Alas! We'll miss you. But thanks for adding that into the calendar, I'm going to go update mine~.

Our SF/F entry is off to a kickin' start, we've got an idea for Historical but if we don't have time to make it I won't die. The Madison Area Costuming Society has a group plan for the Single Pattern contest. I am SO EXCITED.

I wish I knew what to say about what panels I want to see. I usually find that there's enough of a spread of Things I Don't Know How To Do Yet that I'm never disappointed at the panel offerings - and I still don't feel qualified to run panels at CC level yet. Local cons, yes. But...eh. I want to learn things I don't know, that's all I can say! I know, it's tremendously helpful. Heh.

supergeekgirl
11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Modern Asian - do you mean how their costumes differ from traditional? And which Asian countries are you interested in?
Bohemian? Where's that?

Katrina - are you doing Russian folk costume or what exactly?

I'd be happy to do programming but not sure what people want at this point.

History of Russian costume, actually, just an overview from Medieval (Mongol-controlled Russia) all the way into military clothing of the 20th century.

Henry thought it sounded fun. I've got a particularly large amount of information about 30s-40s Soviet clothing, oddly enough.

RaDragon76
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
@Cap. There was also that interesting idea for a group Social Costume if you remember. Are you guys still interested or no? :) We're planning on doing it anyway regardless though a bigger group would be more impressive.

Our Historical Entry is moving along nicely and we're in the process of making mock-up at the moment. We also might be considering something for the Sci/Fi or at least I am and the hall costume list just keeps getting longer and longer. We had a couple of things just drop in our laps that we are considering adding in for CC. Might have to cut it down in view of our masquerade entry though since it's going to take a lot of time to do well and the need to have enough room in the car for everything.

CapsuleCorp
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I haven't personally committed to the Single Pattern thing with the rest of MACS, I don't really feel like it, so I'm probably up for joining you guys. Assuming I have time for one more costume. :) (one of us from the club has to sit in the audience and take pictures, after all)

I have NO idea what we're wearing in the halls, at all. Nor can I say yet (obviously) whether I finally get to join the FFF show. I'm just focused on the SF/F entry first and foremost and will decide the rest as long as I have time for another costume. Or two or three.

trixyloupwolf
11-18-2009, 07:36 AM
hey! what about the fashion folio any news !!!!!!!
i did not register yet so iam afraid not having the info because of that =_+

nya!! its sad that we have no news of nothing =_=

well please anybody a bit of new or update on the site ^^

supergeekgirl
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I talked to some other people about it this weekend. It seems no one's heard anything about the Folio. I'm glad I'm not waiting it. I was going to enter, but I got caught up in Archon costumes.

RaDragon76
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I haven't personally committed to the Single Pattern thing with the rest of MACS, I don't really feel like it, so I'm probably up for joining you guys. Assuming I have time for one more costume. :) (one of us from the club has to sit in the audience and take pictures, after all)

I have NO idea what we're wearing in the halls, at all. Nor can I say yet (obviously) whether I finally get to join the FFF show. I'm just focused on the SF/F entry first and foremost and will decide the rest as long as I have time for another costume. Or two or three.

Yes, there always must be someone to take pics. :) That reminds me that I need to get looking for a new digital camera since I lost my other one at Archon so I know how much money to put aside for it.

Sounds good to me. At the moment our entry for the Historical takes precedence over any other costume since it's so involved but the one for the Social is number two on the list I believe. We also had an idea for a Sci/Fi entry but it all depends on whether there'll be enough time to pull off both sets of costumes along with the other things we've got planned. I'd rather spend as much time as possible on the Historical costume to make sure it turns out well and if we run out of time for the possible Sci-Fi entry then that's fine.

Kaijugal
12-17-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet; I'm sure there'll be a few Folio designs that tempt me, and I have two ideas to choose between for the Historical. Had big plans for the F&SF but they will depend on the group leader's availability (currently up in the air) so we'll have to see.

Yeah *^_^* my bad! ^_^;; LOL! I think that particular project is going to have to wait until CC29. I am glad in a way however as it will give me a chance to source some more materials. :D

I'm sad that the Single Pattern choices this year are items that are really only flattering to slimmer, smallchested body types. I suppose I could really heavily modify one of them, but I'm not sure how much I could do and still be in the spirit of the event. Hm.. I just love the single pattern though. I look forward to seeing what other people do for it. ^_^

I might try the Future Fashion Folio this year. I usually design for it, but I've never made anything yet.

As for the SF & F, I'm not sure I could do anything Costume Con worthy as a solo contestant.

I definately want to enter one of the shows this year.

supergeekgirl
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
It's going to be so freaking expensive this year. Ugh! Parking is going up every time someone calls the hotel.

RaDragon76
12-18-2009, 02:03 PM
It's not the worst parking amount I've ever seen before. Airport parking is loads worse per day than this is. Carpooling might be the answer to help defray parking costs if the people involved don't have a lot of bulking costumes or props or someone has a nice sized trunk in their car. Unfortunantly, I have to be back at work Tuesday morning after CC for a staff meeting so I don't think Khene and I can carpool with anyone.

@ Cap- How long do we have the hotel rooms for?

trixyloupwolf
12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
dawn then enter with me nya!!!!! could be fuuun ^^

CapsuleCorp
12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
oh aaaahhh...

hotel room: Thursday through Sunday nights. So anyone who wants to get there and settle in Thursday totally can, and the rest will be arriving Friday morning and we'll already have the rooms.

Kaijugal - you didn't reserve any of your own designs for the FFF this time? XD I'm all excited, I want it to come so I can decide if I'm making something this time. Potential folio costume comes before potential Historical entry for us.

Forcebewitya
12-18-2009, 10:29 PM
I'd like to attend this seeing as I live in Milwaukee, there's no reason not to.

Forcebewitya.

trixyloupwolf
12-19-2009, 12:54 AM
hope at least one of my design is choosen hehe!!
ive send like 13 ^^

supergeekgirl
12-20-2009, 06:14 PM
We're going with Steve and Cathy Swope and renting a van so that 1.) we can fit everything in the vehicle since all four of us have bulky costumes and 2.) there's just one parking spot.

I've started (finally) working in earnest on my F&SF costume. I bought all of the fabric over a year ago, but I'm finally making the costume. :) I'm just hoping the action figure is actually released soon so I have better reference material.

von Drago
12-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm sad that the Single Pattern choices this year are items that are really only flattering to slimmer, smallchested body types. I suppose I could really heavily modify one of them, but I'm not sure how much I could do and still be in the spirit of the event. Hm.. I just love the single pattern though. I look forward to seeing what other people do for it. ^_^

I might try the Future Fashion Folio this year. I usually design for it, but I've never made anything yet.

As for the SF & F, I'm not sure I could do anything Costume Con worthy as a solo contestant.

I definately want to enter one of the shows this year.
Single Pattern - not just for skinnies, they are tailored items which can flatter anyone. But they are complicated fitting.

I think you'd do great with the Folio show - it's heaps of fun! Almost no pressure.

"Costume-Con worthy", what is that? Sure, one expects a certain level of ability at CCs but you're certainly up there.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again - that's my favorite part of CCs.

Nora

von Drago
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
ive send like 13 ^^

I'm looking forward to seeing them. I submitted some (don't know if any of them made it in) but didn't pre-reserve any of my own; Ilike to see what else shows up just in case.

trixyloupwolf
12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixyloupwolf View Post
ive send like 13 ^^
I'm looking forward to seeing them. I submitted some (don't know if any of them made it in) but didn't pre-reserve any of my own; Ilike to see what else shows up just in case.

me too me too hehe!! just in case

waa dough i have to buy my costume con ticket sooon =_+
i just forgot everytime hehe!!

but yeah i miss ya allllll

also i if i have time mmmight still do the single pattern hehe i have a weird trixy idee hehehe^^ they may not like it lol since its trixy way hehehe^^ but just for the heck of it lol!!!!!

i just looooove too much the futur fashion show and i just can,t wait to see them alll^^
nya!! (ive sent like 13 haha lucky number lol)

anihow hope they give us new sooon
las news on theyr website is june euh!!!! weird they don,t want us lol!!!! or they don,t want new people hehehe!! nah joking^^

french canadian (were gonna be aound 9- 10 people yeah just from montreal ^^)

plleeease the person in charge of this year pllleeaase give us some news any will do pretty plleease ^^

RaDragon76
12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Unfortunantly, I don't have the extra time or money to make another costume for the Folio since our Historical entry is so involved so I'll just have to settle for looking at all of yours. :)

The only other contest we're entering for certain is the Doll Show and that's only because we have scraps of fabric on hand that might work for the actual outfit involved. The rest of our costumes for CC that are not already done are in various stages at the moment as we concentrate on our Historical Maquerade entry. None of them are as involved as that one so I think everything should be done in time for the convention providing we have enough funds for fabric and other materials.

Construction on our Historical entry is coming along nicely. We've already finished several accessories with more to be done shortly and undergarments are ready to be cut and made. At the moment I think we are pretty much on schedule with these costumes so far. Hopefully we will remain on schedule the whole time and get them done early.

Sarcasm-hime
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I need to *start* on my historical...gah.

von Drago
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I need to *start* on my historical...gah.

If I'm going to make anything I need to start on something.
Lacking motivation:woah:

trixyloupwolf
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
lol!!

i just wanna do futur fashion costume first then all will go well after haha its my motivation nya!!^^

CapsuleCorp
12-21-2009, 09:51 PM
it's that time of year, Nora, I feel uninspired a lot too. :) I forced myself to start on my SF&F entry though...the embellishment demanded it.

WHEEEE I already can't wait!

von Drago
12-21-2009, 10:06 PM
it's that time of year, Nora, I feel uninspired a lot too. :) I forced myself to start on my SF&F entry though...the embellishment demanded it.

Thanks, Cap! good to know I'm not alone :)

I'll be doing my usual next week - I take off between Christmas & New Year & dig into the junk in the basement, organizing things for the years upcoming projects. Sort of like forcing inspiration to come!

RaDragon76
12-22-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm not really overly motivated myself at the moment. I just know that if it doesn't get started then it'll end up like Archon a few years ago when we were trying to finish multiple parts of the costumes involved the night before the masquerade. Since there is a lot of embellishing and other things involved with this costume I don't want to leave it to the last minute this time or there won't be time to fix things that might go wrong.

trixyloupwolf
12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
any one knows wen they gonna put some or any info soon or not!!!!

cause last year i had a lot of trouble finishing just the single pattern (took for ever just that one =_=) so had less time for the other costume =_=

this year i wanna be even with my other costume too so hope they send info soon aniting would work hehe!!

supergeekgirl
12-23-2009, 08:59 AM

I've been unmotivated to costume since Bishie Con. It took so much out of me to put all of that work into our Archon costumes just to turn around and make the Wonderland costumes for Bishie Con (and run Bishie Con, mustn't forget that), that I haven't done anything but cut out some pieces and start on a diagram for my first mascot costume (for Naka-Kon in February, not Costume-Con). I did make a pair of pajama pants for one of my friends and replaced a zipper on one of my vintage dresses to wear for Christmas, but I'm still beat.

This week, I just got a kind of burst of motivation... but it wasn't to make costumes. It was to write fanfiction. Go figure. I'm starting to feel the costuming bug coming on as I work on the mascot diagram. If I can get through Kawa Kon, I'll have all of the month-and-a-half after that to make my F&SF costume. I've done the hard part, which is figuring out HOW to make it.

Ayekasong
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm hoping my motivation will come after the New Year. I am a total newbie to Costume Con, but I'm hoping to pull together some decent costumes. :-)

von Drago
12-23-2009, 09:43 PM
I am a total newbie to Costume Con, but I'm hoping to pull together some decent costumes. :-)

Newbies are fun!!! We luv them - don't we, gang?

Looking forward to meeting you :toothy:

trixyloupwolf
12-23-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah i was new last year was a lot of too much fun with a lot of new friend i mis a loooooott too much^^

khenemetset
12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
RaDragon and I have made progress on our Historical entry the last couple of days and hopefully this extended weekend will yield more progress. :) I think things are right on schedule for getting this done in time.

And we've been working on our doll contest entry as well. First time entering that.

trixyloupwolf
12-24-2009, 12:55 PM
yeah for doll contest nya!!!
can,t wait to decide what ioll be doing on one of my many corspe of doll hangning around in somewere in my room ^^;; ya have to found the perfect thing hehehehe!!

RaDragon76
12-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, we do love newbies. :)

Can't wait to meet you there, Ayekasong.

I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on the Historical entry with these two extended weekends myself and now that we have gotten a really cheapo camera to take progress pic with it should be moving a bit faster. I've also finally found some use for several yards of fabric I picked up a couple of years ago for no other reason then I liked it and wanted to get it at the time. Who knew it would end up being perfect for some aspects of this costume. :bigtu:

CapsuleCorp
12-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Ayekasong is ONE OF US. ONE OF US. *ahem* <3

Is it bad that I'm considering making all new hall costumes for CC also? We were going through our collective closets/wig wall and realizing that between CC25, Archon, and CONvergence, everyone in this region has seen all of our costumes already. We need all new ones, not just our competition pieces.

(also I'm getting a little impatient about the folio and confirmation. My sisters bought me my membership for my birthday and keep asking me if it went through - and I have no idea yet)

trixyloupwolf
12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
theyr forgot us that why =_=;;;;;; sniiifeeeee!!!

RaDragon76
12-26-2009, 04:11 PM
@Cap: I suppose you could email the con chair about your membership to make sure it went through. We're paying in installments and I know they've gotten our payments so far. That reminds me I need to send another soon.

We're making new hall costumes as well but I think that's mostly because we haven't made anything new since last fall except for Firelord Zuko and Avatar Aang for Archon this past October.

trixyloupwolf
12-26-2009, 06:42 PM
nya i hope to find people to join for my floor costume hehe!!
but its a secret hehehe!!

Kaijugal
12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
nya i hope to find people to join for my floor costume hehe!!
but its a secret hehehe!!

Trixy, Email me! :D

@Cap: I suppose you could email the con chair about your membership to make sure it went through. We're paying in installments and I know they've gotten our payments so far. That reminds me I need to send another soon.

I've been emailing him for several weeks for confimation as well. He said it would be a little while yet.

trixyloupwolf
12-27-2009, 10:12 PM
waa your alivvve yeah!!!!
i do so now ^^

von Drago
12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
yeah for doll contest nya!!!
can,t wait to decide what ioll be doing on one of my many corspe of doll hangning around in somewere in my room ^^;; ya have to found the perfect thing hehehehe!!

Trixie!! You make me laugh! I'd love to see more of your dolls.:toothy:

trixyloupwolf
12-28-2009, 02:04 PM
lol well no worry you will for sure

hehe i just love that contest lol
then i can play more with them mmm well the remaining of them or the survivor of the doll hahahaha!!

mmm i ll have to find one that alive i guess haha

last year i use what i had in hand since i have no doll really so ^^:::::

will you enter too^^

von Drago
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Is it bad that I'm considering making all new hall costumes for CC also? We were going through our collective closets/wig wall and realizing that between CC25, Archon, and CONvergence, everyone in this region has seen all of our costumes already. We need all new ones, not just our competition pieces.

(also I'm getting a little impatient about the folio and confirmation. My sisters bought me my membership for my birthday and keep asking me if it went through - and I have no idea yet)

Karen always grumps at me cause I like to have new hall costumes. Too bad - I like it!

As for Folio & confirmations - there's some real communication problems going on with the Committee (I'm on the committee & don't know any more than you guys do!); I'm busily knocking heads to gether & griping so maybe some news soon (fingers crossed).

I promise to share if/when I find out anything :sulk:

Ayekasong
12-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm excited to meet everyone, too! :-D I joined MACS in July and I've been hearing awesome things about the con. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone creates, and what the Folio contains!

CapsuleCorp
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Nora. Keep knocking, you're good at that. :D

MUAHAHAHA yes we've been blathering about CostumeCon for so long, I'm sure you've gotten sick of it by now. ;)

trixyloupwolf
12-28-2009, 10:02 PM
As for Folio & confirmations - there's some real communication problems going on with the Committee (I'm on the committee & don't know any more than you guys do!); I'm busily knocking heads to gether & griping so maybe some news soon (fingers crossed).

I promise to share if/when I find out anything
von Drago is online now Report Post

cool i encourage you from here hehe!!
theyr not up to date if they wanna have a futur folio they have to bring it on before february for sure otherwise people won,t have time to look for all the piece and make it =_= how awfull and sad =_=

anihow hope theyr better organise then giving out info out to us ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Ayekasong
12-28-2009, 10:34 PM
MUAHAHAHA yes we've been blathering about CostumeCon for so long, I'm sure you've gotten sick of it by now. ;)

Not sick of it at all, more like...eager with anticipation! XD

Maka_Albarn_XD
12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
*_*

Maka_Albarn_XD
12-30-2009, 02:46 PM
ТТ мля аваааа

Buddycat
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
When: Monday , May 10, 2010

Where: The Oriental Landmark Lanes (http://www.landmarklanes.com/), Milwaukee, WI (just 2.75 miles from the Costume-Con 28 hotel)

What: A fun couple of hours knocking down wooden pins with heavy spheres

The St. Louis Costumers Guild Artists Bowling League is issuing a challenge to all bowling teams (and non-enthusiasts alike) at CC28 to join them in winding down the con with a little off-site pin action. Don’t have a team? Doesn’t matter! Don’t bowl? Who cares! Come laugh at the rest of us!

Provided 30 people are willing to show up, the Lanes will open early at 3:00 pm. The group rate will be $10 per person for 2 hours, which includes shoes. The bars will open, so the beer will flow. We’ll order in pizza! You bloggers, tweeters and FB’ers can cover all the action (read: gutterballs)!

What is the Artists Bowling League? It was one of our group projects some years back. Here’s the skinny: http://www.casamai.com/slcg/Bowling.html. Make up your own team shirts – decorate ‘em as you like.

Contact me via email or at the con so we can get a head count of people actually bowling (we already have 10-15 so far) and so we can get an idea of how many need transportation. Then, we’ll see you May 10, for some “Snow Plows” and “Goose Eggs”!

Edvard Munch

trixyloupwolf
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
how do we register online???
seem i can,t find that 0_o

CapsuleCorp
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
OHOHOHO BRUCE. I smell a challenge.

brb crossposting to the MACS list to get the locals up for smacking down some SLUTS. :D

Buddycat
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Bring it on! :toothy:

Buddycat
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
how do we register online???
seem i can,t find that 0_o

We're just doing this on our own - it's not an "offiical" function. Does that mean you want to come?

trixyloupwolf
01-04-2010, 10:36 PM
0_o that sure we come ^^

were coming by bus (4)
and my other friend by plane ( 5 or 6 i forgot)

yeah for canadian from quebec hehehe!!

and also your site need more info hahaha!!
iam in need of info i wanna start the fuitur fahsion folio costume fast ^^
last year i almost not made it in time =_=

so hope they have a lil idea soon wen they gonna send them or what ever happen to them hehe!!

but for sure iam not missing it
i already have my doll in head i just need to start her hahahaha!!

yeah so how does it work for paypal thingy and all ^^

hug!
friendly
trixy (missing you so much all)

RaDragon76
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Bruce: We'll be there to cheer you guys on at the very least. Sounds like fun.

Cap: Bring it! :)

von Drago
01-05-2010, 02:31 PM
OHOHOHO BRUCE. I smell a challenge.

brb crossposting to the MACS list to get the locals up for smacking down some SLUTS. :D

Challenge? Not hardly - I stink! But I have a good time & my bowling improves after a couple of beers.

CapsuleCorp
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah well, I am not a bowler at all but I bet there's a good number of MACS folks who can bring it on my behalf. ;)

RaDragon76
01-06-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm not much of a bowler either. I'm not even sure I'll have enough money to bowl but I though we could hang around and watch for a bit before heading home.

supergeekgirl
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
We're planning on doing Artists' Bowling League as Gorey and Amano, but we haven't made our shirts yet! Gah! Too much to do!

RaDragon76
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
We're wanting to do it as well but probably won't have the time to make the shirts needed. We didn't really have specific artists in mind for them in any case. We were thinking about ancient artistic styles moreso then artists.

supergeekgirl
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I think my husband is going to meat puppet for someone else's skit in the F&SF masquerade, so that means I will have to get ready alone. :'(

I'm still trying to come up with a presentation that's not just a glorified walk-on, but I've got nothing. That's sad since I'm usually great at coming up with single-person presentations.

trixyloupwolf
01-22-2010, 01:42 PM
wa this forum is dead =_= snif
talk more hehehe^
hug

von Drago
01-26-2010, 04:43 PM
So what else are we going to do up there? Anyone up for some meet-ups?
There was some talk about one for ME Dance & probably one for BJDs. Last I heard Aurora was heading those up.

Anybody else have something they'd like to meet-up about? We need to tell her so.:toothy:

trixyloupwolf
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
^^
kill some plushie meet up ^^:: lol

wwell costume too hehe

von Drago
02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
So here's some bits of information from the CC28 staff:

Apparently there will be some belly dance panels (who knew?) perhaps even a hafla. So if you have any interest in that, bring your gear.

There will be a "field trip" dinner to the Safe House restaurant on Thursday evening. Its a Spy themed restaurant/bar in downtown Milwaukee.

The Doll Contest is looking for entries - so bring your dolls!!

And don't forget the 3 Hall Costume contests - Undercover (spies), International (ethnic) & regular. :bigtu:

Nora

RaDragon76
02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Doll Contest: I will be sure to bring our entry. It's almost finished. :)

Hall Contests: Thanks for the reminder on that, Nora. I do have lots of new hall costumes this year so I'm looking forward to those. The contests are all ongoing the whole weekend right?

von Drago
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Doll Contest: I will be sure to bring our entry. It's almost finished. :)

Hall Contests: Thanks for the reminder on that, Nora. I do have lots of new hall costumes this year so I'm looking forward to those. The contests are all ongoing the whole weekend right?

Yes, all 3 run all weekend.

trixyloupwolf
02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
The Doll Contest is looking for entries - so bring your dolls!!

yeah my entry will be cool hehehe
still need to do it but the idee is pretty clear in my head hahaha
i looove the theme for the doll its cool^^

And don't forget the 3 Hall Costume contests - Undercover (spies), International (ethnic) & regular.

o theyr are categorie for that 0_o i did not know 0_o
but hey its cool^^ yeah for learning new iinfo ^^
hug nora ^^

von Drago
02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
o theyr are categorie for that 0_o i did not know 0_o
but hey its cool^^ yeah for learning new iinfo ^^
hug nora ^^

There aren't always special hall awards but people seem to like having specific goals so we're having some! Just a little extra something.

RaDragon76
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I have costumes that would fit in two of the three catagories there without having even been aware of what the catagories were. I might also have one for the third if I manage to have the time and money to make it.

CapsuleCorp
02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
nnnnnnot me! :D I'm actually wearing simpler and more comfortable stuff in the halls this time (shinigami academy shihakusho and Sanji from One Piece) instead of hauling out all my spectacular pieces.

Besides, ally'all have seen all my flashy stuff a million times over anyway. ;)

I totally have nothing that'll pass for spies, anyway. I guess the shihakusho are sort of ethnic? Even though they're from anime.

trixyloupwolf
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
well iam trying to bring what i can that fit my suit case since were from far away in bu bus =_= ya public buss 1 day and 3 hour include 3 transfert ^^::::::::

RaDragon76
02-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm bringing as many costumes as I can fit into my sister's car. I was costume deprived at CC26 because of having to go by plane and I don't intend for that to be the case at CC28 plus I have lots of new stuff to show off as well as bringing back an old favorite of mine.

supergeekgirl
03-01-2010, 04:08 PM
We're going up in a van with another couple, but we're also bringing several fursuits and the giant tubs of kabuki crap, so I'm keeping the hall costumes small.

Mikhail decided last night that he wants to be part of this elusive The Prisoner group said to be happening as a hall costume thing.

caliph o'clowns
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi all! I'm a relative newbie here and this will be my first costume con. I'm excited to attend some panels and get my learning on. I've also been a big fan of Sarcasm-Hime's jewelry work for ages, thanks to this site, (and I'm thinking the Mata Hari costume is a must-wear this year, given the theme, yes???)

supergeekgirl
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I do believe it is imperative that you be Mata Hari. :)

RaDragon76
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
@ caliph o'clowns- Welcome! Yes, a Mata Hari costume would be perfect for the theme this year.

I'm not sure I'll have a theme costume this time around. I was planning one but I don't think I'll have the money for it now. My historical entry is taking all the extra money around here.

trixyloupwolf
03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
ill have one that fit the theme too ^^
guess wichtentry it will be nya!! haha

caliph o'clowns
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Heh, I meant that I hope Mata Hari is a must wear for Sarcasm-Hime...or anyone else who can do pretty things with metal. My construction skills don't go beyond model magic (which is part of why I'm excited to attend and hopefully expand my material horizons).

von Drago
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi all! I'm a relative newbie here and this will be my first costume con. I'm excited to attend some panels and get my learning on. I've also been a big fan of Sarcasm-Hime's jewelry work for ages, thanks to this site, (and I'm thinking the Mata Hari costume is a must-wear this year, given the theme, yes???)

Yeah for newbies! We love first-timers! Please come up & introduce yourself to me (if I don't find you first), I like meeting the new people. I remember how exciting my first Costume-Con was & always hope it will be the same for everyone else.

trixyloupwolf
03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
yeah!! first time last year and it unforgettable ^^
and i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove all my new costume con friend a looot !!!

so now i don,t wanna miss any costume con so i can have a chance to meet them
and costume con so fun too ^^

nya!!

von Drago
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
yeah!! first time last year and it unforgettable ^^
and i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove all my new costume con friend a looot !!!

so now i don,t wanna miss any costume con so i can have a chance to meet them
and costume con so fun too ^^

nya!!

And we love sophomores too!

RaDragon76
03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Heh, I meant that I hope Mata Hari is a must wear for Sarcasm-Hime...or anyone else who can do pretty things with metal. My construction skills don't go beyond model magic (which is part of why I'm excited to attend and hopefully expand my material horizons).

That's what I meant as well. I hope she will wear it if only so I can oogle the metalwork bits of it. I love metalwork pieces and wish I had that skill as well. Hope we have a chance to meet and that you have a great time at Costume Con. It's a great place to learn about new techniques and to ask people about how they constructed their costumes.

caliph o'clowns
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Yay! The enthusiasm is contagious. Especially Ms. Trixy : ) See you all in Cheeseland!

trixyloupwolf
03-08-2010, 01:26 AM
nya! its just i love it too much .....
or is it i love too much the friend i have made ^^
and the friend to be made again ^^

so nya!! i miss them very a lot ^^
yay its soon not soon enough but pretty soon!!
so do like me run around sewing costume hehe^^

hug!

BoinkCoBoy
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, I'm not a newcomer to Costume-Con, but this is the first year I'll be entering the Historical Masquerade in a long time, and with a piece that is a) my own idea and b) not a joke entry.

(My first entry was at CC 3, with Adrienne Martine Barnes, and it was her suggestion that got me started. I've been a comedy extra in a couple of other entries.)

If any of you saw me Friday night at Gallifrey this year, you'll know what I'm entering ;)

Sarcasm-hime
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
LOL and here I was thinking I should leave Mata Hari at home since I wore her the last two CCs and figured people would be sick of seeing her. *shifty eyes*

I'm bummed that I don't have time to do the Folio design I love. *sigh* I'll be lucky if I get my Historical done! *spaz*

caliph o'clowns
03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
LOL and here I was thinking I should leave Mata Hari at home since I wore her the last two CCs and figured people would be sick of seeing her. *shifty eyes*

I'm bummed that I don't have time to do the Folio design I love. *sigh* I'll be lucky if I get my Historical done! *spaz*

Heh, I understand wanting to mix it up. It strikes me that this would be rather akin to doing, say, an awesome Big Bird costume and then having the con theme the next year be beloved yellow muppets : )