PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern Samurai Cosplay Help

penirfish
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
ok so I had this idea for a green lantern samurai outfit. I need help finding a few items. Any help will be apreciated on either how to make something or where to buy something.

Believe it or not I've been having trouble finding a cheap green lantern mask, anyone got any ideas?
I also need Raiden from MK's headwear. Not the hat, I have one of those, but the black thing covering the majority of his head and neck. I also would like help finding a black robe about the length of Mugen from Samurai Champloo. And some baggy black pants like Gin from Samurai Champloo.

for the end result i wish to have something that looks like this. Raiden's head basically with a green lantern mask. an opened robe like mugens with the green lantern logo shirt underneath, baggy black pants like Gin's that lead into some green boots, and im gonna spraypaint a nerf sword green so its like a green lantern sword thing. any help is apreciated.

penirfish
10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
no help :-(

Souba
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Have you thought of using a knock off mask like something that looks similar at a department stores to cut down on cost? Also got a pic of the costume?
Souba

penirfish
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
yea for some reason I am having the hardest time finding those cheap plastic masks, even online ive only found like 1 result, you'd think google would be more helpful. anyway heres a rough sketch i just made to help aid anyone who wishes to help me http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8589/picture25mw.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/picture25mw.jpg/)

supergeekgirl
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Are you sure a cheap mask is what you want to use as your base? Why not go for a bit of a ninja effect with the mask and use the lower half of a zentai suit mask or something similar? I mean, you get across the whole Green Lantern thing with the symbol (maybe you could make it your "mon" and put it across your back and then small on the collar of your haori) and the color.

The "baggy black pants" are called hakama. You should be able to find them easily online now that you have their proper name. The jacket is a haori.

Sorry if I'm out of line, but my husband and I LOVE to draw Japanese historical versions of famous characters. Your subject line caught my eye, and I'd love to see you bring this to life by really working on combining Green Lantern and a samurai.

penirfish
10-10-2009, 01:53 PM
hmm, well I don't really know what you said except for the part where you told me about the pants and jacket, thanks for that by the way. Kinda new to this whole cosplay thing, so if you could describe what you are saying in laymen's terms and use some pictures, that would be great, lol.