PDA

View Full Version : unidentified anime

plastiknife
10-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Okay, so once upon a time Cape Cod had an anime club, and they used to play random anime shows at like 3am on channel 3. After they played all of Escaflowne, Nurse Angel Ririka, and Child's Toy... they played another anime.

this is where you come in

I dont know the title. In fact, it may have just been a movie rather than a series. but this is the plot

its something about an ocean monster. One child saves this sea monster and tries to raise it. But the government(?) party tries to get it back. This is no magical comedy... more like a serious show.

if anyone has any ideas what this could be, i'll buy you a soul. thank you!

SleepingKirby
10-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Are you sure it wasn't Godzillia? :p can you give some more info? Time, age, era, style?

plastiknife
10-11-2002, 12:17 PM
LoL, no it wasn't Godzilla.

hmm I wish I could remember more. I thought the title had something to do with "blue" and I remember the sea monster has this thing with only making one noise, and they called it by that. (much like chii from chobits)

so the government gets the monster, and then the boy runs away and tries to save it. it is being held on a giant ship and then blah blah he tries to save it. (i just said that. ek)

i think i am a lost cause.

SleepingKirby
10-11-2002, 12:27 PM
As my friend once said, "There are as many anime titles are there stars in the sky". When did you see it? (1990? 1994?) I'll do some searching and see what I can find. But if it was before 1996, I would have A LOT easier time finding it. There's this little book called, "The history of Animation." that kind of lists all animation that was broadcasted in the US. :D

SleepingKirby
10-11-2002, 12:46 PM
I need to go to class soon, but I found something that "might" be it.
http://www.bestanime.com/view_title.php3?index=999

Hungryjack
10-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Well I've certainly found my new avatar :) Thanks, SleepingKirby.

plastiknife
10-11-2002, 01:00 PM
well you see the anime club of cape cod wasn't an official broadcast, so it wouldn't be in there probably. They just played subs on a local channel.

it's impossible to tell what year it came out in... but I did see it about 4-5 years ago. (althought it might be an older title)

plastiknife
10-11-2002, 01:02 PM
EEp... and it's not blue blink

it wasn't really a "kids" show. (i dont mean it was hentai either) but it just wasn't all cutsie..

Alexeil
10-11-2002, 02:30 PM
I do believe you may be refering to COO. The animal is a dino-like sea creature. I remember it being rather boring and predictable a show. I think it's a movie. *shrugs*

SleepingKirby
10-11-2002, 02:44 PM
By George, I think he's got it!

http://www.animetempy.com/reviews/ABC/coo.htm

As for Cyberwolf's new atavar.... Noo~~ Zoro~~~ :waaaah:

Cyber Wolf
10-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Zoro...? *twitch, twitch*...

Hungryjack
10-11-2002, 03:06 PM
He said your name but I think he meant me. My Zoro avatar is back by popular request and mostly due to the fact that Blue Blink got old after only an hour.

Cyber Wolf
10-11-2002, 03:10 PM
*stops twitching* Oh, okay ^_^

SleepingKirby
10-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Yeah, sorry, I was talking about Hungryjack. Sorry for the mix up. I was actually going to try to make an animated gif avatar for you if that's what it takes to get you back to the zoro avatar.

Hungryjack
10-11-2002, 03:36 PM
I want an animated Zoro avatar. Make one!!!

(please)

plastiknife
10-11-2002, 05:01 PM
ya, I believe "coo" was it. It's funny how things you see just once stick in your head.

well I appriciate it. My brain can finally go to rest

(btw, that link doesn't work.. but http://www.bestanime.com/topFrame.php?mCode=0 does)

time to study for SATs