PDA

View Full Version : Advice on costume constuction for Hellsing?

Tiirz
08-19-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm doing Alucard's outfit from the anime episode 10 for someone else and I'm trying to work it out as much as I can in my mind before I start making the muslin for it. So I'd love any advice!

So far, my sticking points are:

Where to put the closure and what kind? A zipper under the center front straps where it will be hidden? Funny how I hadn't remembered that the straps are actually tan instead of black when I hadn't been watching the episode with an eye to doing the costume. Maybe I'll do a set of black straps as well as the tan ones...

Ah, yes, the straps! How to attach them? Heavy duty snaps or buttons? They'll have to have enough body to not sag as they span the chest.

Where, oh where to put the closure on the collar? Center front doesn't seem right, yet if I put it in the back where it'll be hidden by the hair, I'll have to secure it around that half of the neckline if the outfit's closure is in front. The collar is also going to need some major body to stand up properly.

I think if I make the arms and legs as fitted as possible while still being able to get feet and hands in should work, otherwise I could put zippers in the underarm and inseam.

arucard
08-19-2003, 04:46 PM
good luck :), once you finsh it please tell me.I think you plans will be okay but, you got to have the white wig.

Tiirz
08-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks! I'm really hyper on doing it, so all good wishes are welcome. I can't start on the pattern until tomorrow night, and it's driving me loony. No, not a long drive for me, sort of a day trip.

Yup, planning on the white wig! Also red contacts and temporary fang caps. I'm somewhat obsessive-compulsive, which actually works out pretty well when I'm costuming... :)

If anyone who's done Seras wants to share what kind of fabric they used for her uniform, please post!

arucard
08-19-2003, 05:25 PM
you have red contacts! awsome, this costume is going to be really good. how mush was it for the contacts?

Tiirz
08-20-2003, 12:32 AM
I don't have the contacts yet, I'm still I'm looking into it. I'll be sure to post when I find the right ones! I found a place to get what I hope turns out to be a good wig. I plan to get everything early, so I can get different ones is something isn't right.

I'm also doing the Alucard in his red coat and Seras in her uniform, so anyone who's done them, what are your costuming stories? Where did you wear them? Was it fun? I want to hear it all! :)