PDA

View Full Version : ohsaveme - metal things!?

Shintsu
08-19-2003, 05:41 PM
:lost: hello! I am Shintsu's sister(Kuma desu! dozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu! *bow*) and would like to ask for some help! ---> http://www.geocities.com/visual_dirpierrot/dir/DieKisouBS.jpg I have looked in two craft stores but cannot find any sort of metaly things like the millions on his jacket/pants/belts/gloves! Would there possibly be any place online where I could buy something like them??? :lost: Please help! Thank you! >O<

twentystitches
08-19-2003, 07:46 PM
http://www.studsandspikes.com/sys/default.php

They have studs like that, though I don't think they have the really big ones. You might want to see if you can get those things that are used to make pin-buttons and cut off the pin, those would probably be large enough.

I've never seen this Die cosplayed before! Will you post pictures when you're done? Good luck! ^_^

Shintsu
08-20-2003, 10:53 AM
http://www.studsandspikes.com/sys/default.php

They have studs like that, though I don't think they have the really big ones. You might want to see if you can get those things that are used to make pin-buttons and cut off the pin, those would probably be large enough.

I've never seen this Die cosplayed before! Will you post pictures when you're done? Good luck! ^_^

*Ode to Joy plays in the BG* :love: :angel: I love you!! Thank you!! So much!!! :love:
umm umm, but do you know how hard they are to attach to pleather? would I have to get a machine or something...?
thank you so much again~~ \(^O^/
and yes! I will be sure to post pictures ^^ thanks for the luck too!

Aiji Sasayaki
08-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Mm, a bit late on reply here, but there are a few stores online that sell those on and off. Places like www.lipservice.com and www.hottopic.com -sometimes- have them. If you don't have a credit card, they do except money orders and checks, but you have to call by phone to do that.

twentystitches
08-20-2003, 06:51 PM
^_^ Glad I helped.

I'm not very sure on how to go about attaching them(other than the hotglue method which probably is not the best way). You could e-mail the studsandspikes(or the other links) people and ask them, or go to a craft store, show them a picture and ask. ^_^

Lyn
08-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Here's another possible method to consider. (I used this for the studs on FILTH Die) There's this thing called a BeDazzler that most craft stores sell. The thing usually doesn't work that well but you can get a whole bunch of different sized studs for it and well, you can try to put them on with the BeDazzler and maybe you'll have better luck than I had. I didn't like the way it worked so I ended up putting each stud in with my own hands and bending the ends down on the other side of the fabric with tweasers. ^^;; It kinda hurt, so maybe that's not such a good idea unless you're desperate. I mean, the BeDazzler (or is it a BeadDazzler? er, whatever, close enough) did put them on and all, I just didn't like the way it did it but it might be fine to other people. I was just picky. lol