PDA

View Full Version : Latex Pants

peaseblossom
08-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Where did you buy yours?

KIL78
08-19-2003, 07:51 PM
oddly I own no latex clothing at all, suddenly I feel incomplete........

ZiggyB
08-19-2003, 08:59 PM
I haven't bought any, but I did research them. There are a couple of places in San Francisco that carry latex and/or rubber pants.

For women anyway, the stores that come to mind are Ms. S and Stormy Leather, both of which have web sites. I think in general, fetish stores will carry them.

Is this for a particular costume? Or just for fun? :>

RuthlessJS
08-19-2003, 11:25 PM
I bought my paint from GPS Industries. They carry a line called Fantasy Liquid Latex. I just used it on Sunday to paint my spandex pants and for my next con I will use it to paint my arms for my Jax costume. Check out my gallery to see how the latex looked when I used it on fabric. As I'm sure you know the paint is expensive...but you should be able to try an adult enertainment shop(yes a place like that) or try to buy it online. I bought mine direct from the manufacturer since they didnt have any distributers in my area. I called the number given on their website.

http://www.liquidlatex.org/

peaseblossom
08-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Ziggy: Actually this is for my Death(the Sandman) costume I'm doing for Halloween. If I can get them fast enough, I may go ahead and take Death to DragonCon too. :)

Yeah, I've heard of the liquid stuff. I personally don't like it.

ZiggyB
08-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh very cool! :)

Though, latex pants and Atlanta in the summer time, more power to you!

newmyu
08-21-2003, 04:28 AM
I've heard the best things about Deviant Liquid latex but you have to coat it with a special spray or else after you've coated your clothing or whatever, it's likely to stick to itself and ruin it.

RuthlessJS
08-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I've heard the best things about Deviant Liquid latex but you have to coat it with a special spray or else after you've coated your clothing or whatever, it's likely to stick to itself and ruin it.

That's any liquid latex. It has the tendency to adhere to itself once it dries. I bought a spray for my in that containes silicone to keep it from doing that. I know theirs a common household product you can use on it to keep it from doing that but I forgot what it is.

HowlinMadMurphy
08-22-2003, 05:44 PM
If you're going to put liquid latex on your skin, you have to wax/shave first. I have never seen it used on fabric before. I bet you could find a pair of pvc pants or something like that at a Hot Topic type of store.

RuthlessJS
08-23-2003, 12:57 AM
mmm you could paint on latex pants but as far as finding latex pants to buy...I dont think they really make that heh. It's a good idea like HowlinMadMurphy said to shave before applying latex but the skin but also a oil can be applied before applying the latex which would keep hairs from becoming trapped in the latex. :)

peaseblossom
08-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Actually, latex pants are fairly common, I just ...y'know live in Arkansas, so I can't find any in stores.