PDA

View Full Version : Mystique fabric help

ichigo_corcor
10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
so, i plan on cosplaying mystique from x-men (her messiah complex dress) and i would like other people's opinions on what fabric i should make the dress out of.

i want a leather-like fabric, but it needs to have a lot of give/stretch because the top needs to be incredibly form-fitting.

i'm rather new to construction (i usually edit all my cosplay from pre-made garments) but my mom studied fashion and can work with any fabric. so difficulty is not a problem.

thanks so much~!

corcor

Kelley
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Reference pictures ? :)

ichigo_corcor
10-12-2009, 08:45 PM
wow duh, that might be helpful ><;;

there aren't many out there... but i have one good one, and then i have sketches of my design that i won't torture you with xD

i'm not sure how the coding works on here... so i just added the pic as an attachment??

angola
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
what is that kind of fabirc ?
you mean zentai?

ichigo_corcor
10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
no, definitely not zentai. I don't want it to look "superhero" costume-y; i want it to look fierce :)

angola
10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
wait for a moment
i just find pictures for you
because it's tough to image what is it look like
^^~

GabrielDarkhawk
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I believe there is 4 way stretch pvc vinyl...know there's at least two way stretch.

FeyMeggan
10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
In all honesty you don't need that much stretch, if you look at the image the artist was nice enough to give her lots of seam lines, so you could just cut it to be form fitting and have a hidden zipper in there somewhere.