PDA

View Full Version : Naruto - Akimichi Choji: Functioning Multi-size no Jutsu

allyunion
08-20-2003, 04:36 AM
Akimichi Choji: A Functioning version of Multi-size no Jutsu
As I was watching VH1 a few days ago, I ran into a segment describing Missy Elliot's style of creating Music Videos. In one of the videos, she wore a trash bag for her clothing. Now that got me thinking... could I be able to create a costume such that I can fit a layer of inflatable material underneath some stretchy material to permit me to resize the shape of my costume using some kind of air pump? The other thing is that I would need a layer to create the "fat" suit of Choji... since I'm not Choji's weight or size.

Oh, and if anyone wants to use this idea and makes a functioning costume, I'll give them props so long as I'm given either a thanks or some credit for it.

allyunion
08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Is it me? Or is there no Naruto fans? Dang, I thought I would have reply by now...

neko_trin
08-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Hmmmmmmm..... sounds really cool to me! I don't know if i have a full costume that i'd want to use it for but it did make me think of something that could be really amusing. *LOL* where would one get an air pump for doing this type of an idea? do they have them small enough that you could hide them? the pumps i mean..

allyunion
08-22-2003, 04:30 AM
I remember I had a pair of Nike shoes which used small canisters of oxygen... But, er, I'll have to figure something out. I figure that I need two air pumps, one for a backside part, and one for the front side. Then use a series of straps to hold it together... I want to design it such that people could roll me around like a big fat ball :D I'll have to look into portable air pumps. I know they exists for camping beds and the like.

neko_trin
08-22-2003, 10:39 PM
*LOL* that would be a fun picture! being rolled around =)

if i wasn't so afraid of what i'd want to be using it for i'd ask my genious of a grampa to help me... if its electrical he can fix it/make it/ or make it work better. i'd need a pump i could hide in a back pack or something. but then i'd have to rig it so i could have something in my hand to make it go. other wise the effect wouldn't be as funny. <.< >.> i'm PM you if you want to know what i'm talking about!

allyunion
08-23-2003, 04:38 AM
Neko: Considering that I'm a thin person and Choji is big by nature, my air pump will be essentially be apart of my "fat suit". I want the ability to blow it up so big that I can hide my head, arms, and legs :)

allyunion
08-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Ugh... now that I think about it... I'll have to make this out of rubber that is expandable... Where the heck am I going to find something like that?

Gestahr
08-24-2003, 11:15 AM
You're probably going to need an air bladder or something for this. The problem here is, unless it covers your whole body and inflates evenly it's gonna look wierd, so you'll probably have to make it yourself.
That, in and of itself, is going to be incredibly hard, but you should also think about how hot it's going to be walking around in a rubber/plastic suit all day.

neko_trin
08-24-2003, 03:11 PM
allyunion- that would be really cool! but ouch on the heat of the suit @_@ you'd need fans to cool yourself off with.. and i'd think rubber would be hard to work with unless you know what your doing. o.< but i still think its a awesome idea!

allyunion
08-24-2003, 06:33 PM
You're probably going to need an air bladder or something for this. The problem here is, unless it covers your whole body and inflates evenly it's gonna look wierd, so you'll probably have to make it yourself.
That, in and of itself, is going to be incredibly hard, but you should also think about how hot it's going to be walking around in a rubber/plastic suit all day.

Yes, I realized that... where in the world am I going to get a rubber suit?!?! *sigh* Maybe I can work for Viz as Choji...

As for being hot... er... *avoid going outside* ;)

Gestahr
08-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Even in an air-conditioned area, you're gonna be sweating like mad because your skin won't be getting any of the cool air.

allyunion
08-25-2003, 01:59 AM
I'll have to think of something. Maybe my fat suit will have something inside.

Golgo M.
09-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Probably the hardest part of this costume is that Choji doesn't just get fat and round. He grows rotund...he gets big in the stomach, but ends up turning into a round ball. That would be hard to really get done, but the concept sounds cool.

allyunion
09-03-2003, 02:13 AM
It is likely that this will be a carefully crafted suit to just do that. Hehe... I really want to turn into a ball :) [Might get darn dizzy...]