PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Cartoons

Pixie-chan
10-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Anything you grew up with that wasn't anime, basically.

Me, for instance: Dib Membrane form Invader Zim.

I'm also considering Double D from Ed Edd n Eddy.

So, how about you guys? Any childhood shows you've made into cosplay?

AzraelUK
10-20-2009, 01:17 AM
All of the memorable cartoons from my childhood were anime. CardCaptors, Zoids, etc. etc. -- there were some non-anime titles (Dexter's Laboratory for instance) but I doubt it'd be easy to do.

Pixie-chan
10-20-2009, 01:22 AM
All of the memorable cartoons from my childhood were anime. CardCaptors, Zoids, etc. etc. -- there were some non-anime titles (Dexter's Laboratory for instance) but I doubt it'd be easy to do.
I dunno. Dexter would seem pretty easy to me.
It would be cute too.

I know how you feel though. My childhood was Sailor Moon, DBZ, and Digimon.

Cherazor
10-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Well, does Fairly OddParents count? :p I've done Chip Skylark, as obvious by my avatar, and I'll be doing Cosmo (with my sister as Wanda) for Halloween.

Tigress
10-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Rainbow Brite, anyone? (http://www.katsplay.net/pics/rainbow.jpg)

And Scarlett, from GI Joe (http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs181.snc1/6008_113528341649_717771649_2752054_5023967_n.jpg)

Pixie-chan
10-20-2009, 05:27 PM
@ Cherazor: FAIRLY ODDPARENTS! FTW! Yes, that totally counts! I love Chip Skylark!!

@ Tigress: Hm. Rainbow Bright didn't come from Japan? I had a sneaking suspicion that it did, but I guess not. That's awesome! SCARLETT! Awesome!

MaryRyanBogard
10-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Haven't yet posted pics, but I have a She-Ra costume (which is kind of a remake of a Halloween costume my mom made for me when I was four or five). I'm also planning to debut Jem some time next year.

Amalaa
10-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Haven't yet posted pics, but I have a She-Ra costume (which is kind of a remake of a Halloween costume my mom made for me when I was four or five). I'm also planning to debut Jem some time next year.

now these are childhood cartoons that are worth cosplaying!! <3 I can't wait to see your Jem! wonder if I can find some of those cartoons now....

Pixie-chan
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM

SHE-RA?!?!
Okay, you are my hero!

flyinvee11
10-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Gambit from the original X-men :)

fandalia
10-21-2009, 02:44 AM
i really want to make a jem cosplay but i only go to anime cons and i dought people will know who jem is.

Tigress
10-21-2009, 02:50 AM
@ Tigress: Hm. Rainbow Bright didn't come from Japan? I had a sneaking suspicion that it did, but I guess not. That's awesome! SCARLETT! Awesome!

Rainbow Brite was created by Woody Kling for Hallmark. American creation, but had a huge influence on Japan. The movie is available commercially, but it's REALLY rare. The series has never been released on video or DVD, but you can find it via BitTorrent.

Volnixshin
10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I made Storm Shadow from G.I. Joe into a cosplay.
Also Smoke from Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm

Cherazor
10-21-2009, 01:42 PM
@ Cherazor: FAIRLY ODDPARENTS! FTW! Yes, that totally counts! I love Chip Skylark!!

I love Fairly OddParents too, it's awesome! XD Chip is, as you might suspect, my favorite character in FOP. He's great and I just love cosplaying him. XD

FeyMeggan
10-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Hmm, lets see, did a veeeeeery half-done Jem cosplay, finished April O'Neil from TMNT(80s style), and am finishing up Queen Marlena from He-man/She-ra(80s style). I also have plans for a Frosta either this year or next. I would love to do a Rainbow Brite, or a better less half-arsed Jem or Synergy, and if I had the guts I would totally do a Thundercats Pumyra costume..... Okay, need to stop thinking about this, or I"ll end up with more costumes on my to-do list!

LilMaibe
10-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I once considred doing a jem-cosplay, too. (though until I get skin that actually has a colour I doubt I'd ever pull it off.) What I did though (as said in a different thread) is a Valhalla-Cosplay (a comic/movie very unknown outside europe X_x )

Pixie-chan
10-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow, you guys are all so awesome...

Musicalpencil
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls.

Volnixshin
10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Duuuuuhuude! Awesome!

Pixie-chan
10-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Awesome possum!

Amalaa
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
all you youngins and your fairly odd parents... lol

but all this talk about Rainbow brite makes me want to do Tickled Pink!!! up until a few moments ago, I always grew up thinking that she was rainbow's little sister!! >.< well.. I guess thats because my older sis had Rainbow and I got Pink and their outfits are similar.. lol oh the gullibleness of being little.. wonder what else my family told me that I still believe!!

and I would do a thundercats.. but umm... I'm not that comfortable with others seeing that much of my curves!! lol

Cherazor
10-22-2009, 12:34 PM
all you youngins and your fairly odd parents... lol

Hey, I resent that remark! :P I'm adult, I'm adult! *wails and sucks thumb*

Amalaa
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey, I resent that remark! :P I'm adult, I'm adult! *wails and sucks thumb*

lol... those types of shows came out late 90's early 2000.. by then I was a teenager going on 30 XP There is just something about old school cartoons that just can't compare with the cartoons now!!

Cherazor
10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
*laughs* I was joking, you know. :p I was thirteen when FOP aired for the first time, so in all fairness, I was a teen too. For a real childhood cartoon we'd have to go back to the early/mid nineties. *pause* Except I still don't consider myself an adult, so... ;)

Amalaa
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
nah, mid 80's! even tho I was a little too young for Jem, Transformers, etc I still had an older sis who always watched them and of course there are aall the re runs.. but I'm also talking classics like scooby do, the flinstones, tom and jerry, pepe le pew! all of em!!

man... now I really really wanna do some old school cartoons.... and the sad thing is my boyfriend wont know who I'm doing unless its april o'niel! lol.. oh that sheltered boy!

I really gotta stop coming here!! Its adding waayyyyyy to much to my list! and I can't pick who I wanna get started on first!

Cherazor
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh, Scooby Doo! That reminds me, I did a Velma cosplay last year. I have absolutely no pictures of it, though (which is odd since I was basically swarmed at the con, but no one uploaded photos of it XD)

Enny
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I've yet to make any, but Pirates of Dark Water, Captain Planet, The Magic School Bus, and Princess Gwenevere/Starla and the Jewel Riders have all found their way onto my way-too-long to-do list of costumes.

Pixie-chan
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
@ Amalaa: Well, I'm only 17, but you are right. FOP annd Invader Zim came out during my late childhood. BUT, I did watch Thundercats and Scooby and all of those wonderful Tom Jones cartoons when I was much younger. (You should totally do Cheetara!) If I did Thundercats, I'd either do Kit or Kat...

@ Enny: CAPTAIN PLANET!! Yeeeeeeees! Magic School Bus? Mrs. Frizzle, ftw! Yes! That is so awesome!

makotohanabi
10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Made a Willa from Thundercats costume. Been working on Lady Jaye from GI Joe, meaning it will be done when/if I feel like fighting traffic to go to the Army surplus store. Probably doesn't count but also have a Zia from Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Pixie-chan
10-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Made a Willa from Thundercats costume. Been working on Lady Jaye from GI Joe, meaning it will be done when/if I feel like fighting traffic to go to the Army surplus store. Probably doesn't count but also have a Zia from Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Thundercats will always be win.

*looks at your siggy*
OH MY GOD! SUZAKU! YAMI NO MATSUEI!!! SO AWESOME!

Un-Kun
10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
I did Dexter Douglas for a Freakazoid group XD

But aside from that, nothings really moved from the planning stage to actuality yet.

I was supposed to be getting a giant Cartoon, Cartoon Cosplay group together but that kinda fell apart. :(

But seeing all these cosplays makes me happy! ^_^

Lucifer
10-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I love doing childhood cartoon costumes. Examples:

Buddy Blue (Rainbow Brite)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/434646/

Buttercup (Power Puff Girls)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2277547/

Cover Girl (GI Joe)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1926412/

Lydia Deetz (Beetlejuice the Animated Series)
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=30721

mirrorsaber
10-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Not really childhood since it was first shown when I was in high school but I really want to do a Jamie cosplay from Megas XLR. Have everything except the wig.

SamuraiPizzaKit
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
I need a costume for a party coming up. I have long blonde hair and am quite tall... any ideas? I was thinking Coco Bandicoot?

Pixie-chan
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I love doing childhood cartoon costumes. Examples:

Buddy Blue (Rainbow Brite)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/434646/

Buttercup (Power Puff Girls)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2277547/

Cover Girl (GI Joe)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1926412/

Lydia Deetz (Beetlejuice the Animated Series)
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=30721

Wow. You are amazing. I just looked through your gallery and...wow. I LOOOOOVE your Draco. And I hate Twilight, but your Edward is fantastic.

LYDIA!!! Wow, I miss that show.

Lucifer
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow. You are amazing. I just looked through your gallery and...wow. I LOOOOOVE your Draco. And I hate Twilight, but your Edward is fantastic.

LYDIA!!! Wow, I miss that show.

Thank you ^_^;

And seriously, when are they going to release the Beetlejuice animated series on DVD!? That is pure childhood goodness right there!

Pixie-chan
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I need a costume for a party coming up. I have long blonde hair and am quite tall... any ideas? I was thinking Coco Bandicoot?

Long blonde hair, hm?

Sailor Moon
Sailor Venus
Mai Valentine (YuGiOh)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Yutaka Watari ( Yami no Matsuei) ((Personal faaaaaavorite!))
Cinderella (Disney's Cinderella)
Aurora (Disney's Sleeping Beauty)
Misa (Death Note) ((Probably the easiest on the list besides Watari...))
Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
Deidara (Naruto)
Inu (Naruto)
Winry (Full Metal Alchemist)

If nothing on this list interests you, I can think of more.

Pixie-chan
10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you ^_^;

And seriously, when are they going to release the Beetlejuice animated series on DVD!? That is pure childhood goodness right there!

I know, right? I'd have a Beetlejuice marathon. I miss that show a lot...

Cherazor
10-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I've got some shots (pretty poor quality, though,) up of my Cosmo-cosplay in my gallery now. It was fun trick-or-treating as him! XD No one recognized us, but it was fun none-the-less. :P

Ehkru
10-31-2009, 10:15 PM
I'd like to, should I come up with the funds, do a Throttle cosplay, from Biker Mice From Mars. The original BMFM, that is.

nessabutterfly
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I did Rainbow Brite for Halloween. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/263760/ Still need to finish my wig and boots before Megacon. I have a Twink costume in progress on my lap right now for my daughther!

For this same con, my whole family is going as CareBears! I don't have shots of my costume yet (just finished it today), but here are my kids! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2437157/ and my husband http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2437140/

Oops, totally forgot about Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry and pupcake
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/122465/

Yup, I'm an 80s baby!

DarkBaroness
02-13-2010, 08:25 AM
YAY for 80s! Those look great!

I want to do some Jem and She-Ra costumes SO badly now - I had the She-Ra sword/mask/shield set when I was a kid, and once did a terrible Aja costume for Halloween.

Ironekilz
02-13-2010, 10:11 AM
I've cosplayed Velma from Scooby-Doo and at some point I'm planning on cosplaying Pidge from Voltron. It's not from a cartoon, but I think it would be cool to cosplay Holly Hobbie. I collect a lot of her merchandise.

Volnixshin
02-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Join me, and you shall have your every desire (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2444849/).

Haha

EgnirysFaye
02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Ooohh I saw a Fairly Oddparents cosplay pair at Fan Expo the other year. Cute show!

One of my favourite childhood shows as a wee thing was Wishbone and Bill Nye the Science Guy XD (Figured Wishbone might be a wee bit tricky to do. Well, I do have my own Jack Russell but still lmao) for cartoons...Sailor Moon, DBZ, The Magic School Bus, Tin Tin and Mummies Alive. Haven't thought of doing any though cosplaywise.

However I do have one plan for this year! Does Asterix count? I loved the series growing up.

*Starting to feel old now*

~Squid~
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I did a Cosmo (Fairly odd parents) cosplay :3
I am 95% done with a double dee (ed edd and eddy) cosplay
I have a Mandark (dexters lab) cosplay started.

It's not childhood but I have also done Phillip and Christope from south park :3

Pixie-chan
02-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I did a Cosmo (Fairly odd parents) cosplay :3
I am 95% done with a double dee (ed edd and eddy) cosplay
I have a Mandark (dexters lab) cosplay started.

It's not childhood but I have also done Phillip and Christope from south park :3

Awesome! I'm currently working on Timmy Turner and Double D cosplay for Anime Matsuri!

~Squid~
02-21-2010, 08:30 PM
What are you doing for Double Dee's hair? I was thinking of just useing my real hair because no one really knows what it looks like and all...

TR Rose
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
My mom made me a Rainbow Brite costume when I was in kindergarten:
Chibi Rainbow (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/teamrocketrose/rainbow.jpg)

I've also cosplayed as the 80s cartoon Zelda (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/43101/) (closet cosplay, not terribly great). And recently Princess Lana from Captain N: The Game Master (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/143283/).

I loved my video game cartoons growing up~

ladyxzeus
02-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I want to be April from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (godson shall be turtle) and make a group for Starla... That's about it for western cartoons.

Now, for childhood anime I am considering making Candy (from Candy Candy, anyone remember it?) but she has 54536 different dresses through the series and I'm not sure which to choose...

ItalianPeach
07-11-2010, 11:43 PM
My friend and I have Scooby-Doo planned for Halloween, and I would love to be Rainbow Brite. ^_^;;

Skeff
07-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I dunno. Dexter would seem pretty easy to me.
It would be cute too.

How about manly instead of cute? I just did my first cosplay earlier this year as the adult dexter from the Ego Trip movie.

Tigress
07-13-2010, 01:31 AM
How about manly instead of cute? I just did my first cosplay earlier this year as the adult dexter from the Ego Trip movie.

Oh, please. We all know that Adult Dexter is still just a big kid. And it's so kyooooooooooooooot!

TheRad1
07-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Hmm, here's some that would be cool to do:

-Darkwing Duck, or any characters from that show/Ducktales would be cool too on that same note!
-Eek the cat...lol
-Shredder or Krang from TMNT

Those would rock lol

wingclipped
07-28-2010, 07:24 AM
I've been wanting to cosplay Tula from Pirates of Dark Water forever. Man I loved that show as a kid. Hmm... I wonder if I can shanghai any of my friends into doing Ren and Ayoz for Fanime next year. I'd love to have the full set.

Does anyone remember that show? As I recall, it got cancelled after the first season and he never did find all the treasures...

paper cosplay
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I recently did Elmer fudd.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/297565/

later at costume con I saw some one do the big red monster I don't have photos.

So I'm asking is anyone else working on or have done any of the classic old cartoons.

Truest_Strike
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Hmm, here's some that would be cool to do:

-Darkwing Duck, or any characters from that show/Ducktales would be cool too on that same note!
-Eek the cat...lol
-Shredder or Krang from TMNT

Those would rock lol

Hah, that would rock.

I would love to try out Casey Jones and even a turtle. Leo most likely.

mezil
08-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I've cosplayed Eddy from EEnE a few times, and I have to say, it's one of my favorite cosplays. xD
My friends and I are going to do Invader Zim and power puff girls at some point. Can't wait for it.
: ]

Sentinel150
09-24-2010, 11:06 AM
I would love to make a Beast Wars Transformers or Beast Machines costume, but I have so much on my plate with everything else I have planned. :bigcry:. Considering that it was my favorite cartoon as a child (woke up early in the mornings before kindergarten and the next few grades just to see it :3), I should really try to make room to fit one into my schedule.

I also recall the Princess Gwenivere and the Jewel Riders, Skydancers, Dragonflyz and other series that are actually older than I am but somehow had access too. Then of course there were the Marvel and DC related shows.

Also had my fair share of TMNT and Streetsharks, Mummies Alive, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, Stargate Infinity, Cybersix, Gargoyles, and so much more, lol.

It would be amazing to see more cosplays from any of the 80s and 90s cartoons we grew up with. Today little seems to be of good quality unless it comes from Japan and even that is starting to get ubiquitous/unoriginal. I miss the old times :(

Good luck on all your cosplays!

angst_and_smut
09-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Anything you grew up with that wasn't anime, basically.

Me, for instance: Dib Membrane form Invader Zim.

I'm also considering Double D from Ed Edd n Eddy.

So, how about you guys? Any childhood shows you've made into cosplay?

You would make the cutest Double D imagineable.

I just discovered Invader ZIM beginning of this year so I can't really call it a "childhood" cosplay for me... but man, if it a different experience cosplaying something from a cartoon rather than an anime.

May I ask how you did your spike? I'm having a huge dilemma with mine. Is it from your natural hair?

kojirojames2004
10-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Don't know if this was brought up, but any of the ladies do an Atomic Betty cosplay? The show was on Cartoon Network, and is now airing on The Hub (nee Discovery Kids).

WantonGroove
11-26-2010, 06:33 PM
If I was in proper shape for it, I'd love to work up a costume for a character from ReBoot. Loved that show. I'd have to do some serious body painting though, which I wouldn't mind. And I'm not quite fat enough to pull off Ram-Man from Masters of the Universe. So some middle ground must be found.

Tabby Catty
12-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Waht really sounds fun is to do Gwenevere from Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders in her clothes she wears when she isn't transformed... Of course... I think I will need a wig because my hair has been browning over the years...

Also... ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF JUSTICE!!!

KNIGHTS! KNIGHTS! KNIGHTS! KNIGHTS!

I could probably do Lance, but I would need better experience with armor...

xfkirsten
12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
I know a lot of people have done She-Ra... but has anyone done Adora? I'd really love to cosplay her, but am still trying to decide how to do it. I was thinking of using a white, long-sleeved turtleneck leotard as a base, and then building the red parts on top of that... just gotta find a pattern to modify...

pinkriverdolp
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
I would love to cosplay Lady Lovely Locks and have a pixie tail as a sidekick or Raven Waves, but sadly, I doubt many would recognize this costume *tears*

nessabutterfly
05-31-2011, 01:40 PM
I would love to cosplay Lady Lovely Locks and have a pixie tail as a sidekick or Raven Waves, but sadly, I doubt many would recognize this costume *tears*

I would!

I added more 80s love to my costume collection this week as Lime Chiffon from Strawberry Shortcake: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/373900/

I also have all the supplies for Rose Petal. She's happening this summer. And maybe Lily Faire too. I have a thing for ballerinas...

Celiaskyleaf
01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
I would!

I added more 80s love to my costume collection this week as Lime Chiffon from Strawberry Shortcake: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/373900/

I also have all the supplies for Rose Petal. She's happening this summer. And maybe Lily Faire too. I have a thing for ballerinas...

I so forgot about that show it was so cute...would love to see photos for Rose Petal when she is done

I did Strawberry Shortcake (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/409358/) for FutureCon this year (2011/2012) and my friend will be wearing it at Anime North this year while I'll be Rainbow Brite!!!!

Pirogoeth05
03-21-2012, 04:00 PM
For next year I'm planning to do a Tyg gijinka from Shirt Tales. I can't wait to get started on him! The most complicated part is going to be making those ears and the tail. It'll be fun to see who recognizes him. :)

EmpressofSquee
03-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I did Strawberry Shortcake (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/409358/) for FutureCon this year (2011/2012) and my friend will be wearing it at Anime North this year while I'll be Rainbow Brite!!!!

Must... do... Patty O'Green... *glances at calendar* :blubber:

Celiaskyleaf
03-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Must... do... Patty O'Green... *glances at calendar* :blubber:

Hah that's nothing I have Rainbow Brite another cosplay to make and I need to make some adjustments to Strawberry Shortcake for my friend :)

EmpressofSquee
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Hah that's nothing I have Rainbow Brite another cosplay to make and I need to make some adjustments to Strawberry Shortcake for my friend :)

That's the problem! Barely finished Misery, haven't even started Ches (but have all the materials) and now I really really really want to do Patty too! *faints* I guess it's time to count the days and say "challenge accepted." ;D

Kasy_C.
06-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Such a fun and nostalgic thread!

My friends and I have been talking about doing a full Rainbow Bright group if we ever all make it to the same con. I'd also love to cosplay human versions of the Fraggles.

NinjaNeko54
07-10-2012, 01:36 AM
anything on cartoon network and 90's cartoons are the way to go!!!!!!! ^^I wanna cosplay from old school cartoons like danny phantom xD and teen titans XDDD

Celiaskyleaf
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Such a fun and nostalgic thread!

My friends and I have been talking about doing a full Rainbow Bright group if we ever all make it to the same con. I'd also love to cosplay human versions of the Fraggles.

OMG if you ever do the Fraggles I so want to see pics!!!!

matthew007
07-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Did anyone watch tom and jurry i like it i usually watch tom and jurry still now i like it very much does anyone like it...

TKscz
07-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Did Bishop from X-men, but without the jerry curls.

CorporatePuppet
07-21-2012, 08:01 AM
for me it was:

~cow and chicken, courage the cowedly dog ,johnny bravo, cat dog, ren and stimpy , invader zim, pinky and the brain , timon and pumba show, popeye shows, felix, the muppets show, untalkative rabbit cartoon and the show with the 2 beavers (one brown and the other yellow ??) oh and kimba the white lion and hamtaro.

gosh I miss the good ol' days =_____=

Ororo Monroe
07-22-2012, 10:11 PM
What, no one has mentioned Silverhawks. Am I the only one to watch it? It can out about the same time as Thundercats, Voltron, Robotech, etc.

CorporatePuppet
07-23-2012, 02:36 AM
omg! I remember Thundercats! also Josie and the pussycats^-^oh and yogi bear,loony tunes , tom and jerry ,casper, captain caveman and the teen angels , the jetsons, the flintstones, old version of my little pony, carebears, Smurfs,scoobydoo, southpark and ed,edd and eddy~

also think there used to be a show called 'gummybears' or something on disney I used to watch, it was with bears and they lived in a tree???~

lol, I watched so much as a kid >~< I miss these shows, the new ones lack that classic charm the old ones do I think...

srawr
07-23-2012, 03:19 AM
I've done two Miss Frizzle costumes, from The Magic School Bus.

Space Dress (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/373491/)

Dinosaur Dress (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/420248/)

Working on a Ruby Gloom costume and eventually another Miss Frizzle (bat dress).

Jabberwack
07-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I dunno if this counts as "not anime", but I'm planning an awesome Speed Racer cosplay.

Tigress
07-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I dunno if this counts as "not anime", but I'm planning an awesome Speed Racer cosplay.

I try to avoid the "anime/not anime" game because, technically, anything that's animated is anime. But Speed Racer is Japanese. It's just REALLY old.

EmpressofSquee
07-26-2012, 09:05 AM
also think there used to be a show called 'gummybears' or something on disney I used to watch, it was with bears and they lived in a tree???~

YES! Someone else remembers them! They drank a potion that made them bounce and helped them get away from the evil trolls! :D

It would be a great idea for a mascot... *adds to growing wishlist of ultimate cosplays*

Just to add to the Disney canon: Darkwing Duck, Ducktales and Rescue Rangers

CorporatePuppet
08-06-2012, 06:55 AM
the adventures of CAPTAIN PLANET! XD
~captian planet, he's a hero he's going to take polution down to zero~

@EmpressofSquee: yeah, i remeber that the bears drank some berry pointion thing and would bounce around ^-^ there was a grumpy one, nerdy book one and a lady bear too~ I also watched Ducktales aswell but i didn't like it much cos it had scrooge in it.

stiffkick80
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I remember most of these (watched way too much TV when I was little). But, as is obvious, my main fandom is definitely The Simpsons. :)

MaryRyanBogard
09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I've done She-Ra, Jem, and Jerrica Benton (Jem's "muggle" identity), with plans for Tickled Pink ("Rainbow Brite"), a few of Jem's other outfits, and maybe another of Jerrica's outfits. Oh yes, and at some point I plan to cosplay the girl (she didn't have an actual name as far as I know) from the opening and closing credits of "Manga Fairy Tales from Around the World", or as I knew it, "Tales of Magic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsLb1TKcr_M)" (yes, that's actually anime- first anime I ever saw, in fact- but it still counts as a "childhood cartoon").

Not sure if this really counts, but does anyone here remember the "Carmen Sandiego" game show from the early '90s? Whoever just asked "you mean that show with that group Rockapella?"- yup, that's the one. Anyway, for that Carmen was given a ragtag bunch of animated minions to do her bidding, and that's who the contestants were ostensibly chasing for most of the game before supposedly pursuing Carmen herself in the bonus round each episode. For some reason nostalgia for this show recently hit me hardcore, and with it a desire to cosplay my favorite of the aforementioned animated crooks- Patty Larceny (http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Patty_Larceny). Sure, lots of people out there cosplay Carmen herself, but I'm the first person (that I know of) to cosplay any of her minions.

Quinn The Spazz
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
One of my friends accidently stumbled onto W.I.T.C.H again, which we haven't seen since the 3rd grade, and we've spent the whole weekend re-watching it. When our other friend said she wanted to cosplay Elyon and I somehow ended up getting dubbed Cedric, since I'm always cosplaying the evil men with long hair and freakish tongues XD.

I find this ironic because Cedric always scared the bajeezus outta me when I was little XD

eebee
09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I am so psyched to finally be planning my Carmelita Fox cosplay. I know it's not actually a cartoon persay, but it was a cartoon video game from my childhood which I adored. My brother and I and our babysitter played Sly Cooper for hours whenever my parents went out. It was so much fun. Those are some of my favorite childhood memories. So when my fiance started replaying the games as a nostalgia moment, I got all nostalgic too, and we decided that a Sly Cooper/Carmelita pair cosplay just had to happen. And I'm so excited. I love her. =)