PDA

View Full Version : Costume Plans for Katsu?

Kellie
10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
;) So! I'm sure everyone's started on costumes for Katsucon ne? I have two ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to do them both!

Wakaba as the Rose Bride (Gonna needs lots of black fabric @_@)
Sumomo from Chobits with a Chii hopefully. ^_^ Roomie and I decided to be Chii and Sumomo after watching a few episodes when she said "KELLIE! YOU HAVE TO BE SUMOMO!!!" @_@ Now I'm running around with a whistle and doing random cheers. XD

@_@ Need to pre-reg and get my hotel room pronto!

Sami
10-08-2002, 10:58 AM
All I know so far is Lilly from Suikoden III. Everything else's really up in the air right now. @_@ That and I'm not sure how many days I'll be there for (Probably only Saturday and maybe Sunday)

Ayaka
10-08-2002, 11:27 AM
Oh geez, I need to do pre-reg and get a room too! @_@

I actually am pretty sure exactly what I'm doing for Katsucon. Guibu from Arslan Senki, Queen Alice from Sakuratetsu Taiwahen, a white Youji from Weiss Kreuz if they still need me, and then I'm gonna play grab bag with anything else I can squeeze in.

Oshi
10-08-2002, 11:48 AM
I might try to get one of my planned .hack//SIGN costumes done for it. Alll depends on time...

khamryn
10-08-2002, 12:02 PM
Mmm... the ones I'm absolutely doing are:

Aya from Weiss Kreuz, white version
Shinra Cloud from FF7

^_^

Rosiel
10-08-2002, 12:35 PM
> a white Youji from Weiss Kreuz if they still need me.

YES YES!

I'm bringing Schuldig for hall, and Hirumes for the masquerade.

Ayaka
10-08-2002, 10:29 PM
> YES YES!

My friend the Weiss fan got very excited when I told her about it and promptly went running off for her artbooks, lol. I still don't know which outfits you guys are doing, but she decided I should do the one with the stained glass window background (I made a desktop out of it). I also like the one with the kind of white-nazi-clamp action, but I think that wouldn't match what you guys are doing?

Jibrille
10-08-2002, 10:44 PM
the only new costume i know i will have for sure for Katsucon is My Suzuka costume from Angelic Layer. *nod nod*
i got all the stuff i just have to put it together!
and wig hunt..... ><
and i have a Wizard and a Hikaru with me. ^^

oh, and as for other stuff being worn:
Mimic
maybe Mediator
and hopefully Jibrilles grey outfit.

Kellie
10-08-2002, 11:11 PM
o_o; This really has nothing to do with the post, but to Rosiel, I've always wanted to tell you how much I adore your avatar picture. You really do look like Rosiel. :D And your Schu costume is AWESOME. I can't wait to see it! I think it would be cool to cosplay as the girls from Schreient (sp?) or even Manx and/or Birman too. ^_^ Perhaps another con.

khamryn
10-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Ayaka- Oh oh.. that's the one I'm doing. I think. @@ ::Too lazy to turn on light and stare at poster.:: lol. ^.^ Joiiiinn mmmeeeee heheheh ^.^

Ayaka
10-09-2002, 01:14 AM
lol. ^^ *imagines Khamryn in the dark saying "joooooooin meeee" to the computer*

Celine
10-09-2002, 01:19 AM
Wheee, Katsucon, that is so far away... ^_^

But so far I plan to have:
Ramza/Alma (FFTactics)
Celine (Star Ocean EX)
probably something Suikoden... maybe Luc

Rosiel
10-09-2002, 08:58 AM
> she decided I should do the one with the stained glass window background (I made a desktop out of it).

That's the one!

I love the more military outfits, but since most of all are in the skit Saturday and those costumes will be hell, "Ken" and "Omi" said they'd rather go with the simpler set for hall.

> o_o; This really has nothing to do with the post, but to Rosiel, I've always wanted to tell you how much I adore your avatar picture. You really do look like Rosiel.

Thanks! #^__^#

> I think it would be cool to cosplay as the girls from Schreient (sp?) or even Manx and/or Birman too. ^_^ Perhaps another con.

We need more WK girls!

Nietsche
10-09-2002, 09:06 AM
What am i gonna be doing now....
I cna't remember what I volunteered myself into umr....

Let's see-
Archer or Squire from FFT
Nietzsche from Sakuratetsu Taiwahen (It will be done damn it)
HUMar/Hunter from PSO (I wanna do the orange outfit but need to debate with a friend who also wants to do be that colour)

I'll leave it at that for now!

Gingerbread Man
10-09-2002, 09:29 AM
I can't believe you all are already planning for katsucon, it's like...five months away...I guess you all are right and I need to get to work too. I've got two ideas for costumes, Andy from Cowboy bebop, or Knives from trigun. or maybe both if I suddenly get some free time and ability.

khamryn
10-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Ayaka- ::Cackle, wiggles fingers:: lol. ^^

Gingerbread man- I don't like having to stress so I always plan early if I can help it. @.@

Celine
10-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
Andy from Cowboy bebop, or Knives from trigun. or maybe

Oh!!! Do Andy!!!! I loooooove that episode. Andy is soooo awesome. That would be a great costume to see. Especially if you walk around whistling that melody of his. ^_^

Ayaka
10-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Rosiel - Cool, I picked the right one, lol. ^^ The military outfits wouldn't be that bad; Ken and Omi's could both be done from a uniform supply place if you happen to have a good one in the area . . . eh, Youji's coat would be a serious pain though. And I bet other little stuff would crop up.

Gingerbread Man - Already planning for Katsucon? I'm already planned out for Anime Central and Anime Expo (AX is . . . nine months?), with tentative plans for Anime Reactor, which is a year from now. lol. Forward planning, it's the only way to get the really hard costumes done. And you should do Andy! Do Andy!

Ranma Saotome
10-09-2002, 11:59 AM
As for me... I hope to have Kyosuke Kagami done then, followed by Barrett Wallace too.

HuongStar
10-09-2002, 01:05 PM
I would die if someone did Andy!!! My bf was going to make Andy and I was going to make Judy just to continue the western theme but Celine already did such a good job!

Gingerbread Man
10-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Okay then, andy it is...*cries* where my going to find a white duster and chaps?

kelldar
10-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I'm planning on belldandy, chun-li, and white utena. ^_^ yay. *tries once again to get her mom to wear Ash's skuld costume*

Ayaka
10-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
Okay then, andy it is...*cries* where my going to find a white duster and chaps?

Do a google search for western wear. The premade stuff might be pricey (the chaps especially, and not sure if anyone sells white dusters), but I know I've seen patterns for chaps AND dusters. I could dig out the link, if you want. ^^

Gingerbread Man
10-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I started searching around thrift shops and found some jackets I can "hopefully" alter to look right, but patterns would be very useful, don't go out of you're way, but if you could it would be very much appreciated.

Nyoko
10-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Kenshin

Ayaka
10-10-2002, 10:36 PM
I think you could do the range rider coat minus the pockets - http://www.westernpatterns.com/ .

The site also has chaps patterns (I have too many cosplay bookmarks lol) - http://www.westernpatterns.com/page9.htm

Gingerbread Man
10-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Ayaka...you are my new best friend

Ayaka
10-10-2002, 11:37 PM
lol ^^ Guess I better bring Faye to Katsucon, so I can get some pics with you XD

Celine
10-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Agh! Ayaka, where were you last spring when I was going nuts trying to figure out how to make chaps??? ^^ I was working on our Bebop costumes for Punch & Judy and everyone I asked was totally clueless (hence, they turned out like crap. bleh)!

Ayaka
10-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Ah, gomen ne! Last spring . . . well, depends on when, but last spring I wasn't even cosplaying yet. ^^;;;

Neko Cathy
10-13-2002, 12:48 AM
<<Shinra Cloud from FF7>>
Watch for a glomp from me!

<<I can't believe you all are already planning for katsucon, it's like...five months away...>>
Agreed w/ the stress thing being said and the longer you wait, the less space there will be for hotels and managing plans. Its best to start planning sooner or you're gonna have to beat feet w/ the other Otakus battling for hotel rooms. My group and I ended up paying extra to stay at a Suite for Otakon because the cheap hotels were occupied... but it was kinda worth paying a couple extra bucks. But in this case I don't think it matters since I think the hotel where the con is being held is a suite itself.

Another factor to worry about is that Katsucon is being held on Valentines day and it's very close to the weekend. Not only are there going to be Anime freaks booking rooms, but also traveling couples to celebrate the holiday together. Just one theory to state, I could be wrong.

I've already booked a room directly where the con's being held two weeks ago... so I'm definetly going:). I'm going as Lucrecia (FF7) and Fuujin (FF8) and one of my friends is going as a Pimp Moogle.... full body mascot suit! She already has got the cane w/ a flashlight at the end and a fake diamond to stick on top and it flashes in the dark. Really cool... just saw her demo today. ^__^

I'm getting the fleece after homecoming to make my Vincent turk and sephiroth plushies. And this sould be interesting of making them after drawing notes while examinating the stitching and shape of my friend's Trowa plushie. If they backfire then I'll just make a professional business nametag that clips on the lab coat to be easily recognized and carry around a clipboard... keeping a log of how many people glomped me and if cosplayed, which character glomped me and from what Anime/videogame he or she is from. One way of obtaining information on anime that you never have heard of. The offical Glomp List you can call it... or maybe I should make stickers that read "I Support the JENOVA Project." and hand them to my glompers. I dunno... brainstorming can be very overwhemling.

Ayaka
10-13-2002, 01:18 AM
STICKERS make the stickers! ^^

khamryn
10-13-2002, 09:40 AM
Neko- Hehe okay.. ^^ Good luck on the plushies. ^.^

Neko Cathy
10-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ayaka
STICKERS make the stickers! ^^

OK! ^o^

Kellie
10-13-2002, 07:58 PM
:x Just wondering..anyone know of a Saiyonji that MIGHT be going to Katsucon? ROFL I think meeting up with one dressed as Black Rose bride wakaba would be kinda cool.

Shadra D
10-18-2002, 05:38 AM
Katsucon @_@ I need to get with Rosi and do the Major Costume Jam this winter ~o~ Let's find a date for that when you get back from Sugoicon, Cybele!

As for my costumes, I have, planned, white-version Ken-Ken, and since someone let the soopersekrit cosplay out of the bag already (wasn't me! Whoooo!), I will be Irina of Arslan Senki. Hurrah for pink! I have all of my other costumes planned, too... If I have it done by then (doubtfully), perhaps I will be wearing Elk (from .hack) there, though it's planned for A-kon (I'm being dragged to A-Kon and we are doing .hack and .hack//SIGN.. damn, I want a Balmung and/or Sora ;o; SOOORAAA!

Also at A-Kon will be me in, apparently, a Tyrant costume from FF:U ~_~; yay, freaky little fat kids! WHOOOO!

AX, moving ahead in the future, is Suikoden 3, where I'll be wearing Sasarai in his first not-dresslike outfit! Woohoo! I'm kinda sad they got rid of his hat, tho ;_; Sasa-kasa ;o;

blabber blabber blabber.. I am never going to get to finish Wakaba (SII) or Sasuke (SII) ;___;

Kurenai
10-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Hmm.....

If the SO2 people/group decides to go through, I'll be there as Opera.
I'm also gonna go as Miaka since I was gonna do it at Neko but I'm not going to that ;_;
Also doing Sylph from FFT.
Eh...might wear Ayla again if the Kino shows up.

Heather
10-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Probably Yohji (flower shop outfit) one day and Maria from Silent Hill 2 another day. Maybe Ellie from Persona 2 also. ^_^ I'd like to do a group with people dressed as the Turks but I don't know...

:bouncer:

diqitaldreams
10-27-2002, 02:16 PM
1. Yuzuki from Chobits
2. Lulu from FFX.

3. Maybe...Aya Fujimiya First season.

@_@ too many...

Kellie
10-27-2002, 08:28 PM
My plans have changed completely since I really don't have a crap load of money to spend on costumes. So, its really been narrowed down to Sumomo since I already have the wig. I just have to make a pattern for the costume. Depending on money, I may or may not make another very small and inexpensive costume. But, it all depends on time and money.

Sami
10-27-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm surprised I've stayed with my costume choices this long (I'm usually very finicky and switch at the drop of a hat, LOL), but I'm still on as Katan and Nanami. I REALLY wanted to do Culgan -- hey, I'm going to milk this Katan wig for all its worth! -- but it'll have to wait for Otakon probably.. maybe AnimeBoston if I'm done in time. *reads that last sentence.. just laughs. yeah right!*

Kellie, you should make a ChuChu. ^_^ CHUUUU!

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 08:37 AM
> I REALLY wanted to do Culgan

If you cosplay Culgan, maybe I could bring Seed? ^_______^
I could even ask my friend if I can borrow the Culgan I made for her if you want... it should fit you.

> I'm still on as Katan and Nanami.

You're eeeeeeeeevil. Doing two characters I would love to cosplay in a group with you at the con where I am triple-booked! *cries*

Sami
10-28-2002, 10:30 AM
*is try not to be evil!*

It's a definite that I'm going to cosplay Nanami again, she's just too cool not to be. :D *wonders if that made sense* I'm probably going to save Culgan for the Otakon Suiko gathering.. (That is at Otakon right? LOL I always get mixed up..) That and it'll give me more time to work on it. *stares at all the strange shoulder armor things and makes mental notes*

diqitaldreams
10-28-2002, 10:32 AM
>D Both of you get ready...for the paparatzi Lemz shall get yooo! ::whips out camera-o-doom:: Ph333r me!!! ::Cackle:: ...

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 10:46 AM
> That and it'll give me more time to work on it. *stares at all the strange shoulder armor things and makes mental notes*

Culgan is really really easy to make. Too bad I didn't keep the patterns I created... it's basically two coats, one with the hight gray collar and one with the flattened, long one. (which is shorter)

If you need any tips, I stared at poor Culgan's model sheets long enough to know all the details.

> It's a definite that I'm going to cosplay Nanami again, she's just too cool not to be.

This might force me to give up my vows of never being Touga. ^__^ And I could use Rosiel/Diamond's pants for it too. LOL.

Sami
10-28-2002, 01:01 PM
> Culgan is really really easy to make.

It does look deceptively easy.. the only reason I'm forgoeing Seed is because there's just too much WHITE, and I know I would stain it or ruin it somehow.. >_<

However, I can assure you that I'll be hounding you for advice. ^____^

>This might force me to give up my vows of never being Touga. ^__^ And I could use Rosiel/Diamond's pants for it too. LOL.

WOOHOO! *dance* :D :D Don'tcha love when you can use parts from one costume in another? (Especially pants.. *shudders*) I'm going stretch pants shopping very soon because there's no WAY I'm making Nanami's pants.. *wilts at the thought of butt seams ripping open mid-cosplay* I'm hoping to find a good color, and then maybe match the fabric for her fitted jacket-thing as close as I can..

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 01:17 PM
> the only reason I'm forgoeing Seed is because there's just too much WHITE, and I know I would stain it or ruin it somehow.. >_<

And you get a /free/ Seed anyway... as long as you can stand the clanging sound (I'm thinking of lining my armor with felt because it drove everyone insane) and you're willing to help when stairs are involved... =)

> Don'tcha love when you can use parts from one costume in another?

Yup Those pants will do for Fiore too. I hated making them so much they better end up being useful! Too bad I can't use them for Zechs also. ;___;

> *wilts at the thought of butt seams ripping open mid-cosplay*

LOL if you decided to enter it at another cosplay than Katsucon I could make a collapsible sword for a short skit. I have to figure out how to make TWO for Yuber anyway so I should end up an expert. x__X

Shi
10-28-2002, 02:47 PM
I haven't started yet exactly, but I have decided what I'm going to go as...

1.) Virtual Mimarin from Perfect Blue- or Rumi- in the Red dress (a friend of mine is going to dress as Mimarin in her CHAM outfut)

2.) Caska from Berserk (To accompany my boyfriend who will be cosplaying as Guts.)

3.) I haven't figure out what I will wear the third day, but I will most likely wear one on my costumed from Neko-com on Sunday. I spent too long on them to wear them only once. Either Kuja of Azusa Fuyutsuki.

Sami
10-28-2002, 02:52 PM
> Virtual Mimarin from Perfect Blue- or Rumi- in the Red dress (a friend of mine is going to dress as Mimarin in her CHAM outfut)

Oh wow, Perfect Blue cosplay!! Awesome idea! :D I am looking forward to seeing this one! ^^

>And you get a /free/ Seed anyway

*laughs, can't help but think of infomercials* "Call before 5 pm today, and get a free Seed with every purchase!" The clanging would be fine, at least I'll know where you are at all times. :D

> I have to figure out how to make TWO for Yuber anyway so I should end up an expert. x__X

Yay for near-impossible props! *cheers* Good luck!

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 02:58 PM
> The clanging would be fine, at least I'll know where you are at all times.

That's what my huge Highland banner is for. You can't miss Seed. ^___^ Plus it's not like I could run away even if I wanted to... that would require being able to RUN. LOL.

I think I need to re-make Seed's ankle-armor. X__X Being able to go up and down stairs without holding on to a Culgan for dear life would be a nice plus...

Oshi
10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
*hoping to finish Auron by Katsu* ^_^
Seifer, Auron, and who knows...

Sami
10-28-2002, 04:50 PM
> That's what my huge Highland banner is for. You can't miss Seed. ^___^

Speaking of Highland.. I have a friend that's bringing a Jillia AND a Rowd to Otakon!! *excited squeals!* Okay, we DEFINITELY have to have a Highland photoshoot!! :D :D

*shuts up because this forum is for Katsucon, not Otakon..*

Rosiel
10-28-2002, 04:56 PM
> Speaking of Highland.. I have a friend that's bringing a Jillia AND a Rowd to Otakon!!

We need a Jowy! A Highland Jowy!
*is all excited*

psythe
11-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Will be jumping up from Orlando to see Katsucon and attending as Chloe from Noir ^^;

Haven't met any of you so if I don't see you first, come say hey!

And I have been to quite a few cons and never seen ANY Perfect Blue cosplay, would be cool :)

Kellie
11-04-2002, 09:15 AM
@_@ Gaah. I've changed my mind about costumes to many times already. I'm most likely only going to have one costume for katsucon because I won't get there until later Friday evening, in which I'm intending to bring along my black robe and tie to romp around as a Slytherin student. Saturday, I'm attempting to perhaps make Wakaba's school uniform. Budget's suck man. They really do. @_@ All because... my Belle gown is the most important right now and will be the most expensive costume I make this year. But that's for Otakon. Speaking of Suikoden costumes.. I believe Sami has successfully talked me into perhaps trying to make an Annalee costume...anwyay.. :D yep. That's Katsu for me! Wee! go simple stuff. <3

Sami
11-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I've been looking over my budget (and laughing/crying at it), and I don't think I'm going to able to pull off Katan until later in the year because Nanami is my priority right now.. I guess I'll see how far along I am by January; the holidays are an expensive time of year too. x_X

Rosiel
11-04-2002, 10:25 AM
> because Nanami is my priority right now..

I forgot if I asked... which Nanami? Duelist or Schoolgirl?
*fights urge to make a Touga*

Kellie
11-04-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> I forgot if I asked... which Nanami? Duelist or Schoolgirl?

:D TOUGA! TOUGA!

;_; ::so tempted to make two big costumes this year...Black rose Bride Wakaba being one of them and Belle the other::

>< GAH! Decisions decisions!

Ranma Saotome
11-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Count me in. ^^

Ranma Saotome
Kyosuke Kagami
Mog the Moogle 2.0 :D

And maybe Barett Wallace if I have time.

Sami
11-04-2002, 01:50 PM
> I forgot if I asked... which Nanami? Duelist or Schoolgirl?

YEEEAA ONII-SAMAAAAA! LOL, just practicing! *stops now* ^^;

I'm going to do Duelist first only because I have more experience making jackets than schoolgirl outfits; however, I'm planning on a school outfit towards the end of the year if all goes well. ^_^

Maryssa
11-13-2002, 07:36 PM
if I do go, I have a cool costume planned ^.^ good for cold weather, and I dont think it's ever been done ^.^

Kellie
11-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
if I do go, I have a cool costume planned ^.^ good for cold weather, and I dont think it's ever been done ^.^

heehee! ^^ Whatever it is, it will rock.

Rinkun
11-13-2002, 10:19 PM
since i'll have no time whatsoever to make new costumes when i get back, i'm gonna reprise my Chopper and Silver Princess costumes =D

Sami
11-13-2002, 10:24 PM
OOH Sister Princess!! Really? What character? :D :D Sakuya is my favorite.. but I like them all, they're so cute! ^_^

Rinkun
11-13-2002, 11:12 PM
OOH Sister Princess!! Really? What character?

Silver Princess, not Sister Princess:spinner:..even though Sister princess is cute =)

Silver Princess is the main character from Yume no Crayon Oukoku...about a princess and her box of crayons that come to life and her subjects, who are all food items or animals XD

Sami
11-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Oh, I'm a dummy.. ^_^;;;

And I've actually hard of that, LOL! It sounds cute!!

Neko Cathy
11-14-2002, 02:53 PM
My updated Cosplay list for Katsucon:

-Lucrecia (completed)
-Fuujin (adjustment works to be more comfortable)
-Yuni from DDR (In the works)

Neko Cathy
11-17-2002, 07:30 AM
OOhhh... one of my hot asian friends volunteered to be my DDR Akira!! Awww... we're gonna be a cute couple :P

sailor-moon
11-17-2002, 10:33 PM
list for katsu:
super sailor moon, eternal sailor moon , sailor cosmos princess serenity, neo queen serenity^.^ and maybe inu yasha for the dance^.^

Usagi

Morbius
11-18-2002, 07:08 PM
I was planning on doing Shinji Ikari. But it might be really hard to pull off. That shirt and those pants. I might have a hard time getting the look right. hehe. I'm kidding. But I thought something simple would be a good way to start for my fist costume. I hope to take some pix of all your great costumes so don't be shy. :)

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 12:00 PM
pokin' my nose in here for a sec....

Etoile from Rhapsody **IF** my wrist heals in time to make the costume.. kinda broke my wrist a few days ago.. :( Thankfully it wasn't my writing hand!

And hopefully the new and improved version of my Princess Serenity.. Been dyin to wear that again since Otakon97! :D

All depends on da wrist.. cast isn't expected to come off til Christmas.. mebbe a couple of others...

~Mo

sailor-moon
11-19-2002, 12:07 PM
oh no its sailor mo! LOL :::runs and work on my version of princess serenity, so can take pic.s with sailor mo!^.^::::

Usagi

Celine
11-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by SailorMo
Etoile from Rhapsody **IF** my wrist heals in time to make the costume.. kinda broke my wrist a few days ago.. :( Thankfully it wasn't my writing hand!

Eeeee!!! Rhapsody!!! There are never enough Rhapsody cosplayers. Oooh, I hope you are all right and heal quickly! ^_^; I would love to see an Etoile. But do take it easy, since you don't want to harm it as it is healing...

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Eeeee!!! Rhapsody!!! There are never enough Rhapsody cosplayers. Oooh, I hope you are all right and heal quickly! ^_^; I would love to see an Etoile. But do take it easy, since you don't want to harm it as it is healing...

Wai! Wai! Emeralda's doing Cornet... We would *love* to have a group! Geesh.. I think we've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now.. <bouncebounce>

Thanks!! It's doing good. Got good report from the doc yesterday.. The setting didn't slip. And I've been able to "exercise" my fingers pretty well, so I know there's no nerve damage. Actually, the more I flex them, the less the joint hurts. I wouldn't doubt that my little exercises will actually help speed up the physical therapy afterwards too...

heh heh.. since I can't sew, will be catching uo on my anime instead... :D

Later!
~Mo
<peckpeckpeck>

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
oh no its sailor mo! LOL :::runs and work on my version of princess serenity, so can take pic.s with sailor mo!^.^::::

Usagi

<head starts spinning in her wake>

woah....

Now I know what Akane's spells feel...

sailor-moon
11-19-2002, 01:29 PM
<head starts spinning in her wake>

woah....

Now I know what Akane's spells feel...

akanes spells??? me so confused:confused: :p

Usagi

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 03:01 PM
akanes spells??? me so confused:confused: :p

Usagi

It's from Mahou Tsukai Tai-- it's a running joke in the show. Whenever Akane uses magic, *something* always spins. If you haven't seen it, it's a good show-- hysterical! :)

~Mo
bored at work again...

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 03:10 PM
Wai! Wai! Emeralda's doing Cornet... We would *love* to have a group! Geesh.. I think we've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now.. <bouncebounce>
Hi Mo! Are you two still planning to abduct me and make me dress as the prince? ^_^;; Anyway I hope you feel better soon, and if you run out of stuff to watch let me know! :D

I am definitely going to be wearing Kyou from Furuba and Hiro from Grav. Other than that I am planning on wearing Another K' (KoF 2000 striker), and then Oujirou from Angelic Layer if there is a group. I would like to wear Yuuhi again, but if there isn't a group I'll probably just wear the manga version on Sunday and that's it. Other costumes are sketchy, but not out of the question...

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
Hi Mo! Are you two still planning to abduct me and make me dress as the prince? ^_^;; Anyway I hope you feel better soon, and if you run out of stuff to watch let me know! :D

:: Don't tempt me! But seriously, if you can't do it, you can't. It's cool. <sniff>

:: heh heh... I doubt I'll run out... got *lots* I've dl'd and still need to watch, AND the bf has quite the *extensive* library on dvd. heeheehee! :D

I am definitely going to be wearing Kyou from Furuba and Hiro from Grav. Other than that I am planning on wearing Another K' (KoF 2000 striker), and then Oujirou from Angelic Layer if there is a group. I would like to wear Yuuhi again, but if there isn't a group I'll probably just wear the manga version on Sunday and that's it. Other costumes are sketchy, but not out of the question...

:: ooooooo... I see a glomp in your future.. or mebbe 2.. :P I owe you 1-- kimono and glomping just don't go together!

~Mo

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 07:25 PM
I need to play Rhapsody first, but it's not out if the question...

And yeah glomping in a kimono would be bad, so you have a rain check.

Celine
11-19-2002, 07:38 PM
Aaaa! You might have a Ferdinand, too??? ^^;;; Gyah, that makes Rhapsody cosplay soooo tempting... I was supposed to do Marjoly for Akon last year, but never finished the costume. I have mostly completed Marjoly, Myao, and Gao costumes. I figured they were all headed for the scrap bin to be recycled into other things, but if there are going to be other Rhapsody cosplayers..

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Aaaa! You might have a Ferdinand, too??? ^^;;; Gyah, that makes Rhapsody cosplay soooo tempting... I was supposed to do Marjoly for Akon last year, but never finished the costume. I have mostly completed Marjoly, Myao, and Gao costumes. I figured they were all headed for the scrap bin to be recycled into other things, but if there are going to be other Rhapsody cosplayers..

heeheehee... like I said before.. we would *love* to get a group together!!

heehee.. and I found a doll to make a Kururu... :D

~Mo
Dammit wrist!! Get better!! Got lotso stuff to make!!

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
I need to play Rhapsody first, but it's not out if the question...

Well, couldya hurry up ?? ;) Got another friend in mind as well.. Tho... the prospect of having TWO Ferdinands is very yummy!

~Mo
Oh look, I'm replying in reverse..:confused:

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 08:14 PM
But then you wouldn't need to fight over- *shakes his head* if I can't buy it soon I should know people that have it. :D

Emeralda
11-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Oi! Mo! Isn't one Prince enough, I dont want to listen to my brother whine anymore.

Aummn.. yeah, a little behind, since I forgot to check in for new messages today

SailorMo
11-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Emeralda
Oi! Mo! Isn't one Prince enough, I dont want to listen to my brother whine anymore.

<evil grin> Oh, he'll just have to deal. I *AM* a licensed wench after all... Wait til faire season starts up again...

<scampers off>

~Mo

Maryssa
11-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Blah I'm tossing the costume plan I had been working on in favor of yet AGAIN redoing myu venus. i'm gonna try to make it a lot more accurate this time, and a different version of it (previous version was Stars/Final First Stage super venus (also the version Kaie Tada did), this one will be Ayumi Murata's costume (Black Lady musical)). The costumes have actually changed slightly each stage.

sailor-moon
11-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Blah I'm tossing the costume plan I had been working on in favor of yet AGAIN redoing myu venus. i'm gonna try to make it a lot more accurate this time, and a different version of it (previous version was Stars/Final First Stage super venus (also the version Kaie Tada did), this one will be Ayumi Murata's costume (Black Lady musical)). The costumes have actually changed slightly each stage.

maryssa!!! i so need your help on my eternal sailor moon sera myu style! ^.^ ^o^ ^.^ i love your venus costume!!!!!! and you look so great in it!!!! e-mail me k!

Usagi

Kellie
11-21-2002, 11:15 AM
maryssa!!! i so need your help on my eternal sailor moon sera myu style! ^.^ ^o^ ^.^ i love your venus costume!!!!!! and you look so great in it!!!! e-mail me k!

Usagi

Ee! I love the myu costumes and I do so love your Venus costume, Maryssa. One day, in the long away future from now when I'm actually good at making costumes, I want to make a Jupiter myu costume. ^_^!

As far as my own costume plans go, I've changed them so many times now. I won't have one for Friday since I won't be arriving until later in the evening most likely. So, I'm still really considering doing my rendition of the Rose Bride gown in the form of Wakaba as a Black Rose duelist. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Maryssa
11-21-2002, 03:19 PM
awww thank yoou ^.^ I hope you do a jupiter costume, that would be so cool! The fabrics on her costume look really great, they have a really pretty contrast (especially the shiny pink!)

Kellie
11-21-2002, 07:28 PM
awww thank yoou ^.^ I hope you do a jupiter costume, that would be so cool! The fabrics on her costume look really great, they have a really pretty contrast (especially the shiny pink!)

I adore the pink and green and Jupiter's always been my favorite other than Sailor Plutor and Lead Crow. I like the Eternal get up too. Perhaps I'll do both some day ... far from now. lol

Speaking of far from now, how are you? @_@ I really have to get back to keeping in touch with people! *curses college for all its worth*

penultimate03
12-01-2002, 04:37 PM
Yay! My third Katsu approaches!

For Katsu I'm planning Yorda (from the video game Ico), Sylia Stingray (Bubblegum Crisis 2040), maaaaybe a Chii (to join the other dozens ^_^ *V*)

But knowing me, there'll be costumes I may pick up between now and then, but only two months to prepare O_o I slacked off on my Lulu cosplay last Katsu >_< silly me for not watching my time.

Eurobeat King
12-17-2002, 02:05 AM
I think I'll have more costumes at Ohayocon than I will at Katsucon :thumbsup: Maybe because at Ohayocon, I want to wear more costumes since it being the 1st convention of 2003, or also that at Katsu I want to concentrate more on taking photos :)

Here's the list so-far for Katsucon:

1. Shinji w/ Pen-Pen (Evangelion)
2. Trowa (regular turtleneck) (Gundam Wing) w/ missile-packs
3. Trowa (GW: Endless Waltz-Boyscout) w/ missile-packs
4. Jann Lee (Dead or Alive 2)
5. Ohgami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)
6. Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) w/ Remote-Control FC3S
7. King (King of Fighters) (my friend will wear my King from KOF 1999, and I will wear King from KOF 2000 (alternate) at the same con, but maybe just to take pictures :skidude2:

Sami
12-17-2002, 10:25 AM
Wow, seven costumes! And here I am with my piddly little three.. :D (MAYBE four!)

Initial D cosplay! Awesome!! *glee* ^_____^

Oshi
12-17-2002, 12:08 PM
I've redone my costume plans!
1) Rufus Shinra, FF7 (new!)
2) Tidus Jecht, FFX (new!)
3) Seifer Almasy, FF8 (again ^^ )

..what is it with me and Final Fantasy? =P

sailor-moon
12-17-2002, 12:24 PM
lets see....

friday morning: original sailor moon
friday afternoon(5-7): super sailor moon
friday night: sailor cosmos
friday dance?: princess serenity

saterday morning: eternal sailor moon
masquerade: secret!!!
dance?: usagi's high school uniform

sunday: school uniform

thats about it,i was going to bring my other costumes, but iv decided on only sailor moon cosplay for katsu.^.^

psythe
12-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sami
Wow, seven costumes! And here I am with my piddly little three.. :D (MAYBE four!)

I'm only gonna have two and be a photo taking madman in street clothes on the last day ^^

Chloe / Noir
Reno / FF7

Kellie
12-17-2002, 01:00 PM
I've changed my mind so many times now. I'm not sure what I will and will not be doing. The decisions are horrible.

Neko Cathy
12-17-2002, 01:08 PM
My Confirm Cosplay Plan:

Friday night: Lucercia (FF7)
Saturday (the entire day I think): Yuni (DDR)
Sunday: Questionable.

I decided not to do Fuujin since carryng three costumes would be a pain in the ass. Lucrecia and Yuni together are light and easier and Fuujin can be a hassel stuffing that with those two costumes, including a wig (careful packaging or it will get messed up!) and semi-combat boots all stuffed in a luggage. Plus depending on the weather and everything I might have to take the metro and carry all that shit w/ me, including stuff I bought @ that convention. Plus I don't think wearing any of the costumes would be a good idea either- Yuni I'll freeze in my mini plaid skirt, Lucrecia's lab coat won't keep me warm and Fuujin... I can't stand wearing a damn eyepatch for a long period of time!!

So um... yea. No Fuujin for Katsu, but definetly for otakon

Sami
12-17-2002, 02:00 PM
> Reno / FF7

AAAH YAAAY RENO!! ^___^ Heehee he's so cooool..

Eurobeat King
12-17-2002, 02:23 PM
I may lessen my costume list by 1-2; it depends on my friends whom I'm cosplaying with for any groups n' such. Like my turtleneck-Trowa I've worn to ____ cons, so I may just wear the boyscout-one with the weapons since it's new for 2003. :) But since I'll have the Trowa hair all day Saturday, putting on the turtleneck is easy, plus it's DEFINATELY warmer than the boyscout one.. :thumbsup:

Haven't formed a schedule yet, but here's a tentavie schedule:

FRIDAY: Shinji (when I arrive), Oogami, Jann Lee
SATURDAY: Trowa (1 or 2), King 2000, Ryosuke (Sat. nite dance)
SUNDAY: None

kelldar
12-17-2002, 02:51 PM
*back from vacation* woo! now that I've had time to think...

friday: chun-li, amalthea, misato
saturday: belldandy, white utena, sailorjupiter
sunday: chun-li again

that's just what I'm thinking right now, my plans always change once I get to the con oO;

Neko Cathy
12-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... a Reno!!! OMG, he's so hot, I love him!! The Turks rule! O_O

Oshi
12-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Yes! I 0wn Psyth3 for a day! XD

psythe
12-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Oshi

Oshi is my boss!! :rofl:

AND I get to have a TAZER!! w00t!

I hope I don't dissapoint as Reno :D

Emeralda
12-17-2002, 04:08 PM

Well.. long as there's no kinkiness like you leading him around on a leash like I did to my friend Gina when we did Vice & Iori. Then again.. the fangirl would probably attack you guys if you did that. Tehehehehee.

-Laura

Neko Cathy
12-17-2002, 04:27 PM

NO! Dammit Oshi, learn to share!!! :mad: :razz:

Tenshi
12-17-2002, 11:00 PM
I haven't posted in here yet? O_o

Terra - FFVI
BT - .hack//SIGN
And since it's already been mentioned:
Darun - Arslan Senki
And I HOPE I will get Fuujin done, but it depends on how quick I get #3 up there finished. Most likely I won't have the Pinwheel until AX. Sigh.

sailor-moon
12-18-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kell
*back from vacation* woo! now that I've had time to think...

friday: chun-li, amalthea, misato
saturday: belldandy, white utena, sailorjupiter
sunday: chun-li again

that's just what I'm thinking right now, my plans always change once I get to the con oO;

ooh!!i have to find ya when your wearing your amalthea costume!!!i love her!!!!!!^o^

Sami
12-18-2002, 10:55 AM

Heh heh, don't forget to gimme a call so's I can get some pictures, ya? :thumbsup:

Oshi
12-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Emeralda: ...NO. >.>;
Neko: Alright, I'll share, Ms. Lucrecia =P
Sami: 'course ^^

Oh, and here's a cool part: LadyAva is gonna be DarkNation for me. heheh, i get to lead my girlfriend as a catgirl around on a leash XD

psythe
12-18-2002, 01:07 PM
:rofl::rofl:

This is funny as all hell!!

:bigtu:

dizzylizzy
12-18-2002, 05:09 PM

Oh, and here's a cool part: LadyAva is gonna be DarkNation for me. heheh, i get to lead my girlfriend as a catgirl around on a leash XD

dear lord! now this i gotta see! lol

as for myself.... i have no clue what i'll be wearing. eep! my brain is sooo frazzled with working and x-mas stuff. i know that i'll definately bring my yuna, i may have yuna-2 for then, um... chi (if i get it done), and nuriko. we'll see how this all goes.

Emeralda
12-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Eeerk! I meant that as fangirlS plural.. as in those who drool over yaoi-ishness love that kinda stuff. Me I'm too old for that. Besides Oshi, if you do it right, you guys could probably make money off of it! Okay, now I just sound like a madame, so I'll shut up now. >.>

psythe
12-18-2002, 07:19 PM
*ponders extra money*

O_o;;

*shakes head and carries on*

ryuichi fangirl
12-18-2002, 07:29 PM
O.o;; omg....hey that yaoi stuff doesn't apply if it's a guy and a girl in a male character's costume...does it?

psythe
12-18-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
O.o;; omg....hey that yaoi stuff doesn't apply if it's a guy and a girl in a male character's costume...does it?

haha, no that would "implied" Yaoi, ne? XD!

Maryssa
12-18-2002, 07:45 PM
ok so i'm going now ^^ *huggles usagi* I'll have either Sailor V (fixed) or Venus (new version if it's finished), and also Terra (fixed).

wow yay for perfecting favorite costumes =p

sailor-moon
12-18-2002, 11:02 PM
yay!!!maryssa, you coming with me!!???!?!?!?^o^ ooh!!!!if only i had time to make eternal sailor moon myu style -.- crappies!!!!>< gonna have to save that one for otakon

Oshi
12-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
O.o;; omg....hey that yaoi stuff doesn't apply if it's a guy and a girl in a male character's costume...does it? ... I wonder if LadyAva would mind that... Seifer & Squall.

Speaking of her as Squall, Katsu's weapon policy SUCKS SO MUCH ASS. She was gonna debut the gunblade I'm making her at it, but nooo... *sigh*

Emeralda
12-18-2002, 11:47 PM

Speaking of her as Squall, Katsu's weapon policy SUCKS SO MUCH ASS. She was gonna debut the gunblade I'm making her at it, but nooo... *sigh*

I'll say. One year the peacebound my ex-bf's CANE. Not a sword cane, or one with any big heavy knob. Just a regular cane. We went into ops for the lost and found, and they wouldn't let us leave until the cane was peacebound. A little overbearing. AND.. there's always the dick at Neko who stopped me dressed as Multi, felt the need to lecture ME.. and peacebound my swifer. Yes.. a little floor mop. Riiiight. Come one people. This is a little out of control.

-Laura
(yes, I'm done ranting)

sailor-moon
12-18-2002, 11:56 PM
at katsu my cosmos staff was considered a wepon and i had to put a pink band on it ^o^lol

Emeralda
12-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Can we say.. paranoid??? Like a cosplayers going to whack someone with a prop they spent days to make.

sailor-moon
12-19-2002, 12:05 AM
lol^o^ yea. does my staff look dangerouse to you?*,*

http://www.itsumademo.net/_Misc/sailorcosmos.jpg

thats an old pic, my new staff has more feathers^.^

Oshi
12-19-2002, 01:28 AM
I say we rebel and carry around our props MADE WITH OUR HARD WORK around anyway. Maybe if there's enough people with banned "weapons" they'll lighten up..

Lilli
12-19-2002, 01:28 AM
Last year Nietsche cosplayed as a character from Wild Arms III... He was carrying a prop gun he made from a toilet paper tube and some crayons. They told him he couldn't carry it, because it was 'too realistic.'

...a toilet paper tube
...and crayon bullets

^^; *puts away her B.B. Hood costume* Yeah... Not even going to waste my time...

"Do you have anything to peace bond, little girl?"
'...Why yes :3 *shows them picnic basket overflowing with Bulleta's guns, knives, exploding apples, landmines, Champagne bottles of Death Doom and Destruction, moltov coctails, and cute little plastic butterflies*'
"...Sorry, miss. Those butterflies look to realistic. You can't carry that around."

I suppose there's just no reasoning with a 17 year old on a peacebonding power trip.

Yui
12-19-2002, 02:46 AM
I still don't get how they let me carry around Dias's HUGE heavy sword that weighs like 1o lbs and is almost as big as me and actually has sharp edges. The six or so guys at security thought it was 'cool....very well done!' Wow...I don't get it. But they set the precedent. Let's lug it up there again!
They probably thought a tiny thing like me couldn't lift it to do much damage. Little do they realize....

Hmm. Anyone know the color this year? I'll bring various rolls of flagging tape from work, and we'll self-peacebond.

Lilli
12-19-2002, 06:07 AM
Heheee, I wasn't going to say anything about -that- (in reference to your sword, regarding the ridiculously stupid/loose/inconsistent 'rules' they use for peacebonding...) but since you brought it up :3 Heheee, that sword really is almost bigger than you ^^; Yeah, it's got a pretty good edge on it too. It's not even made of balsa or anything. Then again, Yui's props always contain much awesome-ness :3

Hmmm. I'd say that I'd like to see someone make a costume entirely out of peacebonding tape, but then I know that I'd see some hairy 250 lb guy in an orange ribbon bikkini, and that's just so very wrong on so many levels.

"Hi! I'm Sailor Safety! Peacebonded for your pleasure, mrowr!! *giggles and twirls around, affording any unfortunate onlookers a much unwanted panty-shot*" Ahh... And the rest of us would have nothing left to claw our own eyes out with, because even our drinking straws have been deemed 'unsafe.'

psythe
12-19-2002, 07:05 AM
Wellllll, Chloe's throwing knives are going to be tiny, and made of wood, and easily concealed under the bracer :devil:

As for Reno's Tazer, that will also be made of wood and be nothing more than a stick with a handle ^^v

I'm hoping neither of these are issues or that would just suck.

Rinkun
12-19-2002, 07:37 AM
o_____o; ::wonders if her rumble ball will be concidered a weapon::

...i'm going as Chopper and one of his tools is a Rumble Ball, which is nothing but a Gum Drop X3

XD then again, if they ever question me about it, i can just eat it ::snickerlaugh::

sailor-moon
12-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Lilli

"Hi! I'm Sailor Safety! Peacebonded for your pleasure, mrowr!! *giggles and twirls around, affording any unfortunate onlookers a much unwanted panty-shot*" Ahh... And the rest of us would have nothing left to claw our own eyes out with, because even our drinking straws have been deemed 'unsafe.'

lol...that would be so wrong ^o^....

Tenshi
12-19-2002, 08:19 PM
Wow. . .this is ridiculous. I NEED a sword for my masq costume >.<. I'm starting to think I should leave BT's staff home this con.

Oshi
12-20-2002, 01:57 AM
Ah, Tenshi, here's the thing; I hear they usually let you carry your props onstage for the Masq. But around the halls, nah.

Heather
12-20-2002, 07:43 AM
Alright~ My friend figured out that she was going so we're doing some group stuff now. :D

Friday -
--us = the sisters from A Chinese Ghost Story

Saturday -
--me = Ulala Serizawa from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
--her = Majora from Zelda

[Sat. Night for the dance - Bust-A-Groove (me as Burger Dog and her as Strike)]

Sunday -
--me = flowerman Yohji from Weiß Kreuz XD
--her = Tai from Digimon

Sunde & Schuld
12-20-2002, 10:31 AM
my girlfriend suddenly wants to go to Katsucon instead of Megacon...

which means, I'll probably end up wearing:
my OVA Schuldig [Weiß Kreuz - Verberchen & Strafe] costume,
my first season assassin Tot [Weiß Kreuz] costume
and most likely my Dizzy [Guilty Gear X] costume
...assuming I'll be able to get the wings on the plane @_@

anyone else want to do Schrient with me? I feel like I'm betraying Schu now.. I did Schuldig as my main cosplay last year at every con [ I have...every version] and I kinda chose Tot for next year.. I wanna be all genki and what not. Heh.

Mako-san
12-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Wow I can't wait to see the Chinese Ghost Story group!!!
I too will be attending Katsu!!
I plan to bring Karinka from Steel Angel and Yuna from FFX-2! Also, will bring Sakuyamon from Digimon Tamers!! And maybe some others, who knows!
Geesh all this peace bonding will hamper my Cosplaying ablitiles. Sakuyamon has this big staff and Yuna has guns, mmm I guess I will have to just deal with it :\

Aurongutang
12-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Someone should go as an FFX-2 character...

http://www.playonline.com/ffx2

Yuna looks dope...

------------

:D

NeoGeen
12-29-2002, 02:13 AM
Hopefully I'll have my Bahamut costume ready to show by then, still a couple months off so I think I'll make it.

Just need to find a FFX group to hang with...Whee!

Oshi
12-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by NeoGeen
Hopefully I'll have my Bahamut costume ready to show by then, still a couple months off so I think I'll make it.

Just need to find a FFX group to hang with...Whee! abuh.. cha... umma.. hbwa... BAHAMUT?! Holy shit dude! =D That's gonna rock!

psythe
12-29-2002, 01:29 PM

Just need to find a FFX group to hang with...Whee!

*fears the bahamut*

O_O;; you must find me so I can take a picture!

NeoGeen
12-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Oshi: Yeah, I've been into costuming for a looong time, but this is my first venture into an actual cosplay.

psyth3: It's not gonna be that hard to find me XD
Big hulking dragon thing wandering helplessly through the crowds trying not to knock people over with its wings. Mwahaa!

I'd post pictures but...I think I'll keep it hidden till Katsucon. Hehe.

psythe
12-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Big hulking dragon thing wandering helplessly through the crowds trying not to knock people over with its wings. Mwahaa!

lol, you make a good point, what day are you doing Bahamut? Fri, Sat? Both?

creature
12-30-2002, 01:07 AM
I'll end up helping as a wrangler for Neo with another friend.

Anyway, for my costumes I'm going to put together a Demonboy (because cats are over done), Gateau Mocha (Sorcerer Hunters), and hopefully Wakka (FFX). If I have time and can pull it off, I want to attempt to do a Raditz (DBZ) costume. We'll see though. The Raditz will take the longest, I know. so I've already started gathering supplies for it. The others will be simple.

Galaxia
12-30-2002, 10:56 PM
My main costume will be Haruko from FLCL (if I get it done in time!!) and for backups I'm gonna use Ed from Bebop or Duo from Gundam Wing

sailor-moon
12-30-2002, 11:44 PM
Galaxia, how about cosplaying as Galaxia?^________________^ :D

Neko Cathy
12-31-2002, 01:16 PM
::Looks at Neo with a huge awe stare::
:eek::eek::eek: Excuse my slurs, but Holy Fucking Fuck Shit!
Like Oshi has said, that's going to rock like nothing else! You'll definetly have a huge crowd of photographers chasing you if you can pull it off right. I have to find you for that picture to go in my cosplay ablum... wow...

Galaxia
12-31-2002, 01:54 PM
Galaxia, how about cosplaying as Galaxia?^________________^ :D

Heehee....because I don't know how to make a Galaxia costume....^^;;;

I could always dress up in regular clothes with a sign that says "Hey, I'm Galaxia - I'm too cheap to make a costume", lol.

Kellie
12-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Since things have been incredibly hectic for me, I was planning on making a Sumomo costume and a Wakaba Black Rose Bride gown for Katsucon. That's not going to happen. =/ Shame really. Ah well. There's more cons to come. I am hopefully going to remake Selphie's SeeD uniform and perhaps either her balamb garden uniform or her Trabia garden uniform. ^__^ I can't wait! I'm really excited about it!

sailor-moon
12-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Galaxia
Heehee....because I don't know how to make a Galaxia costume....^^;;;

I could always dress up in regular clothes with a sign that says "Hey, I'm Galaxia - I'm too cheap to make a costume", lol.
^__________^; what about galaxia healed version?*.* the only hard part of that gettup is dying the tips of a blond wig red -.-

Galaxia
01-02-2003, 04:59 PM
What would I need for that?

Romann
01-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Wow...everyone seems to know who to go as...

As for me... I'm most likely gonna do the Allen Schezar thing... I just cant find a nice long blonde wig! And then Jun the Swan from Gatchaman... An Anthy costume(school girl) was in the works but then I'm not sure if I should still do it or not...

Tenshi
01-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Yay, Allen Schezar! As for blonde wigs, look on eBay. I found a really great one for my Deedlit costume there, and their hair is pretty similar ^_^.

Oh, yeah. Update -- I'm scratching Fuujin from my cosplay list (like I need two FF costumes :P) and adding Tohru from Fruits Basket (winter seifuku). Yay for comfortable costumes!

Neko Cathy
01-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Tenshi
Oh, yeah. Update -- I'm scratching Fuujin from my cosplay list (like I need two FF costumes :P)

You too? :D

HikaruShindo
01-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Ill be going as Hikaru Shindo from Hikaru no Go!! XD I might be Hikaru again at Animazement along with Fuko Kuzuha from I My Me Strawberry Eggs since i have her hair XDD

Rinkun
01-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Hikaru Shindo - i shall have to hug you at Katsu...at Animazement, my friend shall rape you..well, not really...but she's a HUGE HnG fan ^_^;

Sciguy
01-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Hey all! I'm going to be pulling a Miroku, as most of you have probably heard me say several times in other forums. I'll have him for all three days, unless someone wants to contribute another costume for me to wear on a different day.

note to self: Be sure to get a LOT of film to photograph Cosplay.com people...

Tora
01-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Ah.. I'll be there...and if my dreams come true & I pull it off, I'll be Rikku (FFX) - the wetsuit.

^_^

Lady Ava
01-11-2003, 11:59 PM
This is all about if I go or not...all left to the gods of fate:

Dark Mage
Squall
Yuna (battle mode-FFX)
Rufus's Neko (Don't remember the name)-(Oshi- if you think I'm getting lead around, your are soooo mistaken ^^)

I have two surprises still up my sleeves though. Unfortuantly...my poor Yuna Wedding Dress met its end at the hands of blood...So, i guess it will have to wait until Otakon -_-

So, I guess I gotta start over on that....

Like I said, Leave it to the gods of fate *grabs magic 8ball* Darn it gods! Give me something good here!!!

krystal1314
01-12-2003, 12:12 AM
I'm bringing my 2 Rinoa costumes, SeeD uniform, and a secret costume, hehehe... ^_~

Kellie
01-12-2003, 11:57 AM
So yeah ... @_@ I've changed my mind so many freaking times but now I'm very adamant about making Wakaba's school uniform and the rose bride gown wakaba style. *puts foot down*

Sciguy
01-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Ava- oh, surprises! I can hardly wait!

Cherii, um, could you take your heel off of my big toe... thanks! *hobbles off to the emergancy room*

dizzylizzy
01-12-2003, 06:19 PM
i can't remember if i've even posted in this topic yet. lol i could just look through it... but... NAH!!!

first off... cat! how dare you hold out on me! lmao. doing battle yuna!!!!! ya know.... we'll have to get our pix taken together. (we'll do it anyhow, but now we must. ::wink::)

lizzy's kastu 2003 list:
yuna from ffx
yuna from ffx-2
fansview kitty
nuriko
chi (in progress)

joy!

Kellie
01-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy

Cherii, um, could you take your heel off of my big toe... thanks! *hobbles off to the emergancy room*

heehe! ^^;; oops!

Missy
01-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Ahhh! So many FF costumes.. I wanna bring one now. >_<!! I'm thinking bout bringing my Tactics Flower girl. bleh can't make up my mind! Oh well ^__^ I can't wait to see all the pretty costumes! *-*

Celine
01-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Missy
Ahhh! So many FF costumes.. I wanna bring one now. >_<!! I'm thinking bout bringing my Tactics Flower girl. bleh can't make up my mind! Oh well ^__^ I can't wait to see all the pretty costumes! *-*

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! You were the Tactics Aeris at Ohayocon! Your costume was so beautiful... please bring it to Katsu!!! ^_^ The Tactics group will be great!

I finally decided what I'm doing for Katsu (yay, now I just have to finish it, hehehehe). And people want me to do commissions! Augh!

Ramza (FF Tactics)
Marjoly (Rhapsody)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Evil Fina (Skies of Arcadia Legend)

Emeralda
01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
AHHH! MUST.. FINISH CORONET!! >.> And Kururu too ;_;

SailorMo
01-13-2003, 09:53 PM
I.. am... just... gonna... cry....

got the last 2 pins coming out on wednesday (yet MORE surgery, tho minor) and I haven't even started physical therapy yet!!! RAR!!!

::reaches for vision of Etoile through the tears::

ok... that enough melodrama from me...

Emeralda
01-13-2003, 09:55 PM
But the doctor did say that sewing was good physical therapy!

SailorMo
01-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Oh, almost forgot--

Looks like I'll be wearin Megumi again.. Kenshin-lookalike friend is wearing, well, Kenshin for me JUST so I parade him around on a leash!! ^.^

Any other Kenshin peeps want in on this?

:: he's gonna kill me, I know it... ::

Celine
01-13-2003, 09:57 PM
^^;; Ah well.. if anyone else does Rhapsody, that'll be super nifty! Mappy is doing Gao (He IS, whether he tries to deny it, he IS). And another of my friends is pondering Ferdinand right now. He likes the design but knows that I'll force him to buy a wig so he's iffy about doing it.

Hehe, I'd love a Cornet to harass... :P hohohoho!

Emeralda
01-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Well, Mo and I have been planning this for ages. I just have to get off my dead butt and get going. Today wasn't a good day for sewing.. hopefully I can work on it tomorrow.

No coronet though, since I can't find one less than $60.. and if I'm just going to paint it pink.. that's too much to spend.

SailorMo
01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Emeralda
But the doctor did say that sewing was good physical therapy!

Does me no good if I can't really pick anything up! Ya know, like fabric... gotta throw it around, iron it, etc.... n.n;; Gotta curl that wig too... argh..

But seriously tho-- will have to see what the state of the hand is over the weekend... I hate this crap!

I'm a little frustrated at this point, can ya tell?? O.o

Missy
01-13-2003, 11:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! You were the Tactics Aeris at Ohayocon! Your costume was so beautiful... please bring it to Katsu!!! ^_^ The Tactics group will be great!

Thank youu! ^^ I hope your commissions go well, sounds like you got alot to do before the con.

Eurobeat King
01-13-2003, 11:42 PM
Is that the picture I gave you for your icon, Missy? If it is, you're too kind. ;) Loved the FFT Aeris costume, and the pictures I took of you came out really nicely. Sorry I missed your skit, but the still-pics are just as good if not better, and I got a few of you, G-chan, and Kev in your prize-winning skit. :D

Back from Ohayo, and I've already formulated my costumes for Katsu:

Shinji Ikari
Trowa Barton (turtleneck version w/ missile packs)
Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz version) Boyscout Nazi!! heehee
Jann Lee
Ohgami Ichirou
Ryosuke Takahashi

Missy
01-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
Is that the picture I gave you for your icon, Missy? If it is, you're too kind. ;) Loved the FFT Aeris costume, and the pictures I took of you came out really nicely. Sorry I missed your skit, but the still-pics are just as good if not better, and I got a few of you, G-chan, and Kev in your prize-winning skit. :D

Back from Ohayo, and I've already formulated my costumes for Katsu:

Shinji Ikari
Trowa Barton (turtleneck version w/ missile packs)
Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz version) Boyscout Nazi!! heehee
Jann Lee
Ohgami Ichirou
Ryosuke Takahashi

It is, thanks for taking pictures! I'll see you at Katsu!

khamryn
01-14-2003, 02:02 PM
::Slinks on in.:: I have a firm costume list for Katsu now. n.n

-Aya (White version, Weiss Kreuz)
-Touya (Ayashi no Ceres, minus jacket)
-Cloud (ShinRa version, lil Cloud! n.n)
-Kamui (X/1999...fairly normal outfit. u.u; )

Now back to your coneversations. u.u;; ::Runs away::

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 02:16 PM
> ::Slinks on in.:: I have a firm costume list for Katsu now. n.n

Mine keeps on changing. x__X

Right now it looks like Schuldig (Weiss Kreux), Yuber (Suikoden III) and Laures (Seimaden) since the odds of my finishing Zechs and Noin are somewhere around... Z-E-R-O.

I'm too tired to deal with new costumes at the moment...

Shadra D
01-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Yuuuuuchaann... Did you still want me to finish one of my Suiko costumes for Katsu? @.@; I'm definitely gonna be Weiss when we do that, but I want to do at least something else or I'll feel weird!

Myaaa~~ ;_;

khamryn
01-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Rosiel- @.@;;;; Well as long as you bring Schu I'm happy... ^_^ ::Huggu:: Get some rest. ^^

Aya Mikage
01-14-2003, 08:50 PM
awww^.^ you got new avie^.^ i love it

Alice
01-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Missy you remind me of a friend I had back in high school, you look exactly like her.

Ayaka
01-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Hmm, I don't think I've posted my updated costume plans. ^^

Queen Alice - Sakuratetsu Taiwahen
Ayane - Dead or Alive 2
still doing the white artbook Youji . . .

And, Rosiel, I should PM you but since I tend to forget to reply to those, um, what happened with the masq plans? They off? Just curious, since it affects my planning. I don't want to give you anything else to worry about this soon after Ohayo, but I kinda need to ask.

Aya Mikage
01-14-2003, 09:51 PM
k here it is!

aya school gettup
manga SM
princess serenity
super SM
eternal SM
sailor cosmos
neo queen serenity
and one is a secret!!
and most possibly chii-.- for like an hour, if i even decide to finish it-.-

arisuchan
01-15-2003, 05:38 PM
I guess I finally poke my head in here since I'm trying to be more active on this board *^^*

the list stands like this so far...

Mizuho from Onegai Teacher
Female Summoner from FFTactics
Wizard from Angelic Layer
Yuna White Mage robes from FFX-2

that's it so far. I may sneak in one or two for an hour or so. But I am most looking forward to the tactics group! I hope to run into as many cosplay.com people as possible, though I'll probably be hiding behind jibrille the whole time *^^*

HikaruShindo
01-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Rinkun
Hikaru Shindo - i shall have to hug you at Katsu...at Animazement, my friend shall rape you..well, not really...but she's a HUGE HnG fan ^_^;

Heh XD Glomp me if you dare

>: ) *pose*

LaylaCinder
01-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Uh.... x.x; I don't think I've posted yet? So far my costume plans for Katsu are:
Water Elemental from Secret of Mana/Legend of Mana
Jenova (this will be my last time wearing it) from FF7
Christmas Lolita from Original
Phoenix Summon from FF6
Hayato from Duel Jewel
Daishi from Psycho Le Cemu

I might add one more if I have the time. I was convinced to go into two j-rock groups... and I figured why not, since I haven't done any cosplays of that kind for over two years. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's lovely costumes that have been listed so far ^^

kelldar
01-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Ok here is my hopefully final list of the costumes I'm bringing *_*

Arwen
Urd
Hermione (maybe, if I have room)
Rally Vincent
Eternal Sailor Jupiter
Chun-Li
Belldandy
Amalthea
White Utena (if I finish it in time)

I have no idea when I'm wearing anything, except I know I'll be in Belldandy around 1 on sat, and Jupiter sat. evening.

HikaruShindo
01-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kell
Rally Vincent
Eternal Sailor Jupiter

...Jupiter sat. evening.

Cant...wait........to......seee @_@

Kellie
01-19-2003, 08:40 AM
kell - I absolutely ADORE your Eternal Sailor Jupiter costume! I can't wait to see it! You did such an awesome job on it! ^_^

Yes so...Katsu's in..how many weeks? Yeah.. ^^ Guess who hasn't started either of her costumes? Me! Yeeeah. I rock. And I'll probably end up stressing myself out trying to do Wakaba's school uniform and my rendition of her as a Rose Bride in however many weeks are left. :D

kelldar
01-21-2003, 04:28 PM
thanks!! ^_^ I can't wait to wear it :D

Rinkun
01-21-2003, 05:51 PM
;_; in a recent discovery, i just remembered that the red dressed used when i was the Silver Princess was torn and shredded after washing and thus thrown away after AX01...

...so i walk the entire weekend as Chopper ^______________^

oh well, this is what i get for having only 5 weeks to pull out something after coming back from a 4-month experience in Japan that left me poor =(

but it's all good...it's all good ^3^

HuongStar
01-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by arisuchan
Wizard from Angelic Layer

Wai wai! I can't wait to see your costume! The world could always use more Angelic Layer costumes.

I hate to commit to anything because my list usually changes during packing but here's the as always tentative list:

Callisto - Persona 2
Chii - Chobits
Cho Chang - Harry Potter
Yukino - KareKano
Halloween Town Sora - Kingdom Hearts
and one TBA costume for Saturday

I've been suckered in to a couple more groups with easy costumes but I never know how people find the time to wear all these costumes!

rpd_girl
02-01-2003, 06:03 PM
fun fun fun. I am almost ready! I am still deciding between 2... one is almost done... the other I would really need to work on... just get the shirt... either Vanessa from KOF99, or Miyazawa Yukino from "His and Her Circumstances" (Kareshi Kanojo No Jijyo). I am leaning towards Vanessa.

rpd_girl
02-01-2003, 06:03 PM
fun fun fun. I am almost ready! I am still deciding between 2... one is almost done... the other I would really need to work on... just get the shirt... either Vanessa from KOF99, or Miyazawa Yukino from "His and Her Circumstances" (Kareshi Kanojo No Jijyo). I am leaning towards Vanessa.

kitty_neko
02-02-2003, 11:09 AM
my chii costume is just about done, and i'll definetly be wearing that on saturday... im not sure if im gonna bring my faye costume though...

hopefully i'll finish Chii today or sometime this week so i can get some pictures up! ^_^

Merle-kun
02-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Like arisuchan, I plan to be Mizuho from Onegai Teacher. I just debuted the costume at Ushicon, where I ran and announced the cosplay. Pictures of me in it are on Fansview for Saturday =3 I might just wear Kanako Urashima from Love Hina (Manga Version) again as well. Only one person could tell who either of them were at Ushicon ^^; I thought at least Mizuho would get recognised.. oh well! =3 No idea about a third costume yet...

URLS!
Kanako: http://www.fansview.com/2003/ushicon/us31a.html
Mizuho: http://www.fansview.com/2003/ushicon/us01a0004.html

moo
02-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Merle-kun
I might just wear Kanako Urashima from Love Hina (Manga Version) again as well.

Ooooh! Kanako is creepily cool. If you are bringing her, let me know when you're channeling her as I'm bringing Motoko (sans sword. bokken + airplane cargo + katsu security staff = happy fun pissed Motoko ) along. :)

Giant Alucard
02-03-2003, 06:41 AM
i be there as Seta, and i'll be driving around in his Van (made of cardboard), to see how much damage i can make.

kelldar
02-03-2003, 08:29 AM
whee I finished utena~~~!! *happy kell* now to finish chun-li and I'm ready ^_^

Tora
02-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Just thought I'd throw myself in here...

Ok revised 'list' (just 2 tho ~_~)

Friday - Nuriko (and yesss.. my friend Betty's gonna be Tasuki)
Sat - Rikku (FFX - wetsuit)

yay. Seems like a short list compared to the rest! >_< But oh well! See you guys there!

Merle-kun
02-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Moo & Alucard: We should all set up a day to do Love Hina =3 Anything good for you guys?

moo
02-04-2003, 02:13 AM
Love Hina gathering: How about Friday or Sunday any time? I'm all planned out for Saturday afternoon.

Giant Alucard
02-04-2003, 08:13 AM
sounds fine to me, got to get my Seta costume together again. My friend will go as keitaro, since he looks just like him anyway. I dont know if i will be able to have the van now though, we are kinda short on room in the van driving up there (even for a folded up box, since the box will be quite large). my friend has to find a tamachan pliushie too. I'm debating whether i should go as as Saitou from kenshin or Nabeshin from excel saga for my final costume. decisions , decisions. The only thing I'm sure about is that im going as Alucard from hellsing.

psythe
02-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Tora
Just thought I'd throw myself in here...

Ok revised 'list' (just 2 tho ~_~)

Friday - Nuriko (and yesss.. my friend Betty's gonna be Tasuki)
Sat - Rikku (FFX - wetsuit)

yay. Seems like a short list compared to the rest! >_< But oh well! See you guys there!

yay for short list, lol.

Friday - Reno of the Turks // FF7
Saturday - Chloe // Noir

I'll be around sunday as well but just hanging out, no costume.

rpd_girl
02-04-2003, 10:36 AM
waaaaaa! I wanna go as Mitsune... but my hair isn't short enough... and not long enough to be Naru... my fav. characters!!!! (LH is one of my fav. manga/anime)

khamryn
02-04-2003, 10:39 AM
@.x I think my list has changed since last I posted. ::lol::

Friday- Touya, Tamahome, Aya (WK)
Sat- ShinRa Cloud, possibly more Tama. ^.^

HikaruShindo
02-04-2003, 10:45 AM
u.u;; I dont think Im going as hikaru shindou anymore *steph is sad* But Im currently trying to find an anime char to cosplay that has SHORT hair (Like.. sailor mercury/uranus short) And since most of you are talking about Love Hina cosplay... XDD

Ill be walking around with a Keitaro and a Naru. My bud Glen looks JUST like keitaro! its so awesome. Anyhoo.. Can anyone help me think of some short haired characters?

rpd_girl
02-04-2003, 10:47 AM
HikaruShindo>>> you could be Hitmoi from Vision of Escaflone

HikaruShindo
02-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Omgosh. I totally forgot about Hitomi *adds to possible list* Yahuu thanks XD

Merle-kun
02-04-2003, 12:20 PM
I'm thinking Friday would be good, because on Sunday a lot of people will be leaving Sunday, and we wouldn't be seen as much. So if we're going through all the trouble of getting together, we should do it on the best day =3 I'll need someone to tie my arm ribbons... I need to get new ribbon, it was cut too short at Ushicon and it didn't fit on one arm... ^^;

moo
02-04-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking Friday would be good, because on Sunday a lot of people will be leaving Sunday, and we wouldn't be seen as much.

Friday would be spiffy. Any specific time, or is 3PM good for y'all? Location.. err... I'm not sure about the con's layout since I've never been there before, but the vague "bottom floor" seems to be popular. ^_^;;

I'll need someone to tie my arm ribbons... I need to get new ribbon, it was cut too short at Ushicon and it didn't fit on one arm... ^^;

Tying people..err, arms up? I could do that. :D

Giant Alucard, I can't wait to see the van! Will Seta be sporting a nice headwound?

HikaruShindo, if your Keitaro and Naru friends could make it to our wee gathering, that would be awesome in a "Lookee, we have the leads of the series!" sort of way.

Merle-kun
02-05-2003, 03:32 AM
I'll be wearing Kanako all day.. I've never been to Katsucon either. But I'm easy to find, I'll be in the dealer's room most of the time working for I.C. Entertainment. So if time comes close and someone's wondering where I am, check there. Hehe, tie me up? Hmm.. ^^

I don't suppose anyone's dressing as characters from Hand Maid May? I have Kasumi Tani! She's probably going to be my third costume. =3

ZiggyB
02-05-2003, 04:16 AM
Funny you should mention that, I'm very close to finishing my Nanbara costume. Just a couple of minor details left... I'll try to catch you at the con! :)

moo
02-05-2003, 04:38 AM
I'll be wearing Kanako all day.. I've never been to Katsucon either. But I'm easy to find, I'll be in the dealer's room most of the time working for I.C. Entertainment. So if time comes close and someone's wondering where I am, check there. Hehe, tie me up? Hmm..

Okee, how about we all meet in front of the dealer's room for the Love Hina gathering around 3PM Friday? That way, Merle won't have far to travel, and the rest of us won't get lost trying to look for the mythical "bottom floor." Every Hinata resident okee doke with that?

Umm... my knot tying skills extend only as far as pretzel dough twisting and challah braiding. It'll be easy to erm, escape. :D

Rosiel
02-05-2003, 08:42 AM
> in front of the dealer's room for the Love Hina gathering around 3PM Friday?

I think before 3 might be better... (no I'm not in the group but bear with me for a second) since I am working the IC booth from 1-3 and therefore Merle will have a backup if he wants to leave.

As 3pm I'm going and I don't know if there will be enough people at the booth to make it possible for him to get away for a gathering.

Merle-kun
02-05-2003, 10:19 AM
ZiggyB: What day are you wearing the Nanbara costume?

Here's the Kasumi costume, except.. I left the sneakers behind so I'll be using white canvas shoes until I get them back ;_;

http://Merlekun.Kumagoro.net/Cosplay-Kasumi.php

Moo: Rosiel has a good point. I didn't even know about the hours yet. Usually, I find out when I have relief at the table, at the con. =3

Rosiel: Thanks for the heads up! ^-^

Rosiel
02-05-2003, 10:45 AM
> Usually, I find out when I have relief at the table, at the con.

I'll also be there Saturday 11-2 if that helps you plan your weekend/gatherings a little bit better. ^__^

Kei gave me my schedule early because I don't have a lot of free time at the con...

ZiggyB
02-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Merle-kun: Oh I'll be wearing it Friday and Saturday between different gatherings. I think the only thing I'm commited to is the DOA gathering (Friday 6pm) ,the Cosplay.com gathering (Sat 2pm) and somehow I got talked into the "skimpy costume" gathering, if that's happening or not... -_- So any time around those I can put on Nanbara. :D

Merle-kun
02-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Hmmm... I can wear Kasumi Saturday. I thought about going on stage as Mizuho though. But I don't know how much time I'll have off, and when ^^;

moo
02-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Rosiel, thanks for the info.
Merle: how about 2PM Friday?

Merle-kun
02-05-2003, 08:00 PM
That's fine with me, provided I'm actually able to leave the table. Sometimes just because someone else is there doesn't mean I get to leave. That depends on traffic.. if I'm not there, can someone step in and drag me out? ^^;;

moo
02-06-2003, 01:19 AM
That's fine with me, provided I'm actually able to leave the table. Sometimes just because someone else is there doesn't mean I get to leave. That depends on traffic.. if I'm not there, can someone step in and drag me out? ^^;;

If you can't leave the table, how about we bring the gathering to you? XD

But anyhoo, yes, we'll just see how things go that day. It'll all work out. :)

Merle-kun
02-06-2003, 02:53 AM
I should be able to leave it for a bit with no problem =3 Only thing I might need is a reminder of the time.. because all time is the same in the dealer's room ^^;

erikadoor
02-06-2003, 02:57 AM
Erika here.

There's a first time for everything and for me, a first time for Katsu [new suggested motto for the con: You can come and not get beaten up by homeless people 'cause it's not Baltimore!]. I still need to make my Saturday costume [ehhh...I'm not worried. I've been doing so much art lately tho'...], and I'm having trouble deciding on what else to bring. But, here's a tentative list:

Friday: Dance Rinoa [if I can find leather paint for the shoes] or Yukino Miyazawa from KareKano [you really didn't think I retired this, did you?]
Saturday: It's a secret, but it's black, sexy, involves elaborate tattoos, and the game is coming to the US in 2004.
Sunday: Ceres [if I do Yukino Friday] or Yukino [if I do Rinoa].

Rather short list, but I'm flying out and have to pack all my art stuff too. Stop by my table and say hello.
Of course, if there are any costumes anyone wants me to bring along, suggestions are always welcome.

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Morbius
02-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Sounds like it will be a great con. I'll be sure to bring my camera gear and get some shots for the site.

HuongStar
02-06-2003, 01:22 PM
My main Saturday costume was cancelled so I might bring Lulu just for fun. ^_~ For the most part, here's my tentative schedule:

Friday
Cho Chang school uniform - Harry Potter
Yukino - Kare Kano
Gothic Lolita (around the time of the Duel Jewel concert)

Saturday
Halloween Town Sora - Kingdom Hearts
Chii - Chobits

Sunday
Nothing planned as of yet

Yui
02-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Okay, it looks like I'm settling at four for this time. Might as well make it official:
- Mel & Branky - Suikoden III
- Dias - Star Ocean EX
- Kaoru from Dir en Grey (probably bring both Gauze and FILTH ones)

Well, but I have no idea when what will be what. Probably Mel for the cp.com gathering at 2 pm just because it looks like the Suikoden group is going to be running close to that, based on when people seem to be available. I know Dias will be at 4 pm Saturday for sure (cuz I need his sword o_^) but I'm not sure when the real SO group wants to meet.

die-sama
02-06-2003, 08:41 PM
hmmm i dindt read the beginning of this post and maybe i shoudl've.. but i'd realyl like to meet up w/ all the Jrock cosplayers on friday and saturday! (mornings)
friday night i'll be in jrock cosplay but that will be a surprise me thinks :X

Yui
02-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey, I just realized I never did a j-rock cosplay on the east coast before. I guess this means now I can socialize with ya ^_-
And should you be bringing Yura...well, consider yourself pre-glomped. (I don't really glomp people in person.)

Giant Alucard
02-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Soon me and my friends should start making the love hina van. I hope this turns out right, since i want it to at least resemble the van a little. we have to make it BIG so it will be noticeable, but not in a bad way. I know i'll eally be stressed after making this one,

Merle-kun
02-08-2003, 05:26 PM
We should all pile into the van for pics =P Or at least stand around it. Provided it's done by Katsu...

Tenshi
02-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Ok, I've decided not to rush through my Chii dress, so here's what I'm wearing now.

Friday morning: Terra (FFVI)
Friday afternoon: Oto no Pretear
Saturday morning: Tohru (Furuba)
Saturday afternoon: BT (.hack//SIGN)

rpd_girl
02-09-2003, 03:42 PM
weee... is getting even more excited.... I am almost done with my Vanessa and Natsumi costume... I hope my Vanessa costume doesn't look bad... I'd like to wear it... or should I say... I look bad in it. She has such a long torso... and I am only 5.3... lol

Ayaka
02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
GWAH I think I'm finally finalized with costumes, and past the minor plague of costumes disasters that was last week. >_< I'm still not 100% on the days though . . .

Friday: Hiro from Gravitation (I suddenly realized I have his clothes and hair in my closet oO;;;), Youji from Weiss Kreuz (still artbook version), and very briefly Ayane from DoA for the photo shoot
Saturday: Ayane from Dead or Alive 2 (it's now costume 7)
Sunday: Pao-chan from G-On Riders (it's hard to miss a chick in a dino suit; she's my avatar)

I only have minor detail work left to do; I'm past the big press. I had to be nearly done by tonight because I have my first week back at college this week. So I won't be sewing in the hotel room. ^^

Recca-kun
02-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Ayaka: When are you being Hiro on Friday? I'm bringing Hiro back so pictures would be cool. I was planning on wearing him Friday and/or Saturday evening though... I'll think of something. >_<

rpd_girl: Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll make a great Vanessa! ;) I'll finish K' one of these days, hopefully for Otakon...

Ayaka
02-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Recca: Probably Friday morning. ^^

RPD Girl: I dunno who Vanessa is (probably should though), but don't worry about it! Pao is supposed to be like 4' tall (lol), and you wouldn't believe Ayane's dimensions, I'm absolutely not built that way. oO;;; (The game designers gave her height, weight, and bust/waist/hips. It's scary, lol.)

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I believe the van will be done by katsu, and i plan for it to be BIG. My alucard costume will be done by then too and i will wear that one on saturday, but due to when i started it i can't find the yellow round glasses that my character wears. Would anyone happen to have a pair or would be able to get them??? I am so desperate that i will do ANYTHING, I'll even let the person who brings them own me for the day or night, who who wouldn't want a giant vampire as a servant????? My seta costume is just about set though, All i need is to find a lab coat or make one. An i may go as nabeshin if i can find a red coat, which may be easier than i thoghts (*stares at classmate wearing a red formal coat next to him............*).

MasterOfBarton
02-10-2003, 08:04 PM
HEY GUYS!!! I'm so excited!!
I'm going as Eiko Carol on Friday, Siren (from final fantasy 8) on Saturday, and a fan-tabulous JUMBO CACTUAR on Sunday!!! WOOHOO!! (Yeah, I'm a LITTLE obsessive with Final Fantasy....so what?!?!) Hehehe

dizzylizzy
02-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by MasterOfBarton
HEY GUYS!!! I'm so excited!!
I'm going as Eiko Carol on Friday, Siren (from final fantasy 8) on Saturday, and a fan-tabulous JUMBO CACTUAR on Sunday!!! WOOHOO!! (Yeah, I'm a LITTLE obsessive with Final Fantasy....so what?!?!) Hehehe

ooh!!!!! :::does happy dance::: yeah... i'm a lil obsessed too. lmao. i'll definately will have to get pix of ya! are you coming to the ff shoot?

HikaruShindo
02-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Tenshi
Ok, I've decided not to rush through my Chii dress, so here's what I'm wearing now.

Friday morning: Terra (FFVI)
Friday afternoon: Oto no Pretear
Saturday morning: Tohru (Furuba)
Saturday afternoon: BT (.hack//SIGN)

Eee @_@ we have to get together and take pics together cuz Im going as Tsukasa from .hack//sign XD wheeee

MasterOfBarton
02-10-2003, 11:12 PM
TO dizzylizzy :
Hecks yeah manz, I'm planning on going to the photo shoots DEFINATELY!! I'll see you there :)