PDA

View Full Version : how do you determine bra size?

KIL78
08-20-2003, 03:45 PM
I was reading another forum and some one said that they had a 30gg bra size, now when ever someone on the internet says "hey I have giant tits" a little BS alarm goes off in my head. I mean would that even be possible, wouldn't she have like a torso that is only 15 inches around or something ?

or do I have it backwards or something

thanks for the help

megumibish
08-20-2003, 04:20 PM
kay the 30 inches is the measure around her chest underneath the breast..all the way around..and gg is the breast size..

KIL78
08-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I couldn't remember if the # part was under the breast or on the nipple thanks

Kitzune
08-20-2003, 05:02 PM
eep I would snap in half if i was 15 inches around^^' *scared*

Starbolt13
08-20-2003, 06:54 PM
From what I remember on the research I did a while back the around the body just under the breasts plus 4 or 5 inches depending on if the measurement is over or under 32 inches. then take that number and subtract it from the "bust" measurement, ie. around the boby across the nipples. depending on the differance you get the cup sizes.
1 inch = A
2 inches = B
3 inches = C
4 inches = D
and after D it starts getting odd.. ie one makers E is anothers DD
Or you can just go here and it explains alot better.
http://www.herroom.com/wmsbra.cfm

Kitzune
08-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Around my breasts across my nipples(when you wrap the tape mesure around your chest) i am 47'' around, around my torso i am 30 inches.....

~kitzune

Karisu-sama
08-20-2003, 10:07 PM
All manufacturers' "B's" are not alike - I should know. :p

And the manufacturers don't have a clue that "cup size" does not mean a constant diameter-to-volume ratio for all women. They use the exact same cup shape for the different band sizes, which doesn't work well. Technically I'm closer to "A", but I need to shop in the B's, because all the A's are waaaay too small in diameter. I'm tall and thin, not petite / having only a 30" sternum-level ribcage measurement (band size).

Katse
08-21-2003, 01:07 AM
This is why I don't wear a bra. I believe in the old saying, "If you can't hold a pencil under your breast, you don't need one." And it is so much more comfortable! Of course, during sports I wear support, but other than that, bring on the women's lib movement! :D

Karisu-sama
08-21-2003, 01:48 AM
This is why I don't wear a bra. I believe in the old saying, "If you can't hold a pencil under your breast, you don't need one."
LOL - but *I* do wear a bra, because I'd prefer never to be able to eventually hold that pencil from not having worn one for years, thank you... ^^

S'working so far. Even after having kids and nursing them.... :)

Merle-kun
08-22-2003, 05:02 AM
For a guy measuring it's a little different... the way I learned, was to measure around my chest, below where breasts would be.. and then add the proper cup sized based on the character. The number stays constant, say for example you're a 32 around your chest. Then for a C cup character you'd just need a 32C. =3 Usually anime characters have bios with their measurements, just get a measurement conversion program (I found one on download.com) and figure out what they are in our units of measurement, then go out and get your bra =3 If there are no stats... you can just guess, or get a girl you know to tell you about how big she is ^^

Arisugawa Juri
08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
I don't believe they even make 32C's.. the smallest in C I have seen is 34. I know for a fact that Victoria's Secret only sells 32's in A-B.

As for the measurement, the band size is your ribcage plus 5 inches. I have a 25 ribcage and 32 bust measurement, so that would be 30 and 32--2 inch difference, a 30B, but considering I cannot find those I settle for 32 or even 34, if it's on the smallest hook.

Merle-kun
08-22-2003, 09:04 PM
It's called an example ^^;;; I was pulling numbers out of my head for that... I'm not the bra fairy =P

Mizuno Tenshi
08-23-2003, 03:46 PM
It's called an example ^^;;; I was pulling numbers out of my head for that... I'm not the bra fairy =P

Could've fooled me, Merle-kun... ;)
So, why not try that for a quick cosplay? We have a boob fairy, now we need a bra fairy too! :D

Tenshi

Karisu-sama
08-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Y'all need to find another Boob Fairy cosplayer - I'm not nearly well-endowed enough , even with a push-up bra :p

inertia
08-24-2003, 10:59 PM
The ribcage + 4 or 5 inches sizing technique might be fine for average size women but it completely fails for petite ones. I think the companies only invented it to save themselves the trouble of making small bras which wouldn't sell well. For years I wore 32A bras because there was nothing smaller and they fit badly in every way bras can -- riding up in back, cups digging into boobs, straps fallling off, etc. But recently I discovered the joys of Japanese bras, which have smaller band sizes and narrower cups to better fit petite women. I will NEVER wear an ill-fitting American bra again!

The Japanese company Wacoal recently introduced a line of petite bras for the US. Any women who are uncomfortable with 32s or 34s should check this brand out:
http://www.wacoal-america.com/home.htm

Kitzune
08-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Ditto but again I am the opposite of you, americans dont belive that anything beyonb a dd exists and anything smaller than 34. So I have to order my bras from england and russia! I truly hate places like Victoria's Secret because never in a million years would they have my size!