PDA

View Full Version : PetShop of Horrors

ChichiriFreak
08-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Hmm, Who else Likes PetShop of Horrors??? besides me? ^_^;

Michi
08-21-2003, 09:32 AM
I've barely read the manga, but I do adore the series... If that's any consolation. *^^*; Count D is one of my very favorite characters ever.

Chosuke
08-21-2003, 09:47 AM
I love it! It was one of the first Anime/Manga I have ever seen/read.. I can still remember when I was in grade six and watched the dub xD..

would you like some chocolate cream pie? I have quite a sweet tooth you know.

ChichiriFreak
08-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Yay!! ^__^ I Love Count D!!..he's so funny.

Sutefeni
08-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Petshop of Horrors is awesome...^_^
I'd have to third the notion that Count D is uber cool. He's so funny in this morbid series...
HRm...my favorite case so far is that Guarddog one. So bittersweet...^^

chai_fiend
08-21-2003, 03:15 PM
i consider the anime a guilty pleasure when i need some gore in my diet, but i'v browsed thru vol 1 and 2 that i bought and it seems pretty good. i need to find time to read them. i like q-chan the best

liz-maru
08-22-2003, 08:07 AM
i really love petshop of horrors <3 id seen some of the manga in newyork but i didnt buy it and i regret it >< but i really want to check it out! the artwork is awesome tho XD

Michi
08-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah! The manga's coming out here now! Ahaha I nearly forgot about that. o_O

liz-maru
08-22-2003, 09:10 AM
^_- hehe and the cover art rocks -_- i shoulda bought em! they have i think two or three out now so hehe! we can finally read them! ^^

Lyn
08-22-2003, 09:43 AM
I keep forgetting the manga is available in english too. o_o; It's just so weird to me because I'm so used to very few people even knowing the manga exists so I was a bit surprised that they chose it as one of the ones to bring over here. I never really did get to read much of the manga so whenever I have money I might pick up a few of them. ^^ Cound D rocks man. He's so cute too. And Q-chan is great though I thought it was a bit weird when we found out who Q-chan really is. o_o;;

ChichiriFreak
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Q-chan!! ^_^..my friend and i did have the ideas of cosplaying as Count and Q-chan...but forgot about it..^^;;

So far they have 2 volumes out of PetShop of Horrors. Can't wait for the next one

Aiji Sasayaki
08-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Theres an english version out..? And here I am, struggling to translate it ~_~ Oh, well! Now I don't have to! *Throws her translation books out a window*

Ina
08-22-2003, 04:03 PM
i love this manga, its like the twillight zone.. but in a much cooler and manga-ish way.. er yeah XDD

liz-maru
08-22-2003, 04:28 PM
i was gonna cosplay as the count but he is so pretty i didnt think i could do him justice! ^_-

BishiJZ
08-23-2003, 12:25 PM
I love this series!! And I almost have a D costume finished too ^_^ Just need to order the contacts and hairdye. I'll put cosplay pics up sometime, though it may be a while until the next con comes around to my area.

AnimePhr33k
08-23-2003, 02:12 PM
I have yet to see a Count D costume... @_@ He's so pretty! X3;; I just started reading it, actually...it's very interesting. So far it's up there on my favorite manga list, along with Fushigi Yuugi and Ranma 1/2... XP

Q-chan has gotta be my favorite, tho. He's so adorable! XD;

liz-maru
08-23-2003, 02:35 PM
BishiJZ post pics!! i wanna see XD

ChichiriFreak
08-23-2003, 03:48 PM
yes BishiJZ!!!...post pics!! I wanna see your D costume! ^_^

chai_fiend
08-23-2003, 06:16 PM
i was gonna cosplay as the count but he is so pretty i didnt think i could do him justice! ^_-

i dont think i could do the contacts...i wanna see the costume too. my firend wanted to cosplay q-chan...i think i might steal the idea from her

BishiJZ
08-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Alright, the soonest I am able I'll put on the whole costume (maybe even a few days before a con) and take some pics. I may not have my hair dyed, since it's temporary and I don't want it to wash out durring a convention (that would be horrible). I realized that I'm a little shorter than D, though not by much. . I still have the correct build and face shape at least ^_^;

Isis Ishtar
08-25-2003, 10:59 AM
I love Petshop of Horrors! Count D is so funny! And pretty, too. And, yes, Q-Chan is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I've only read Volume 1 of the English version, but so far, my favorite has to be the Medusa one. It was sad but sweet. And she was so pretty!

BishiJZ: Yes! Pictures! I need to see them!

ChichiriFreak
08-25-2003, 12:00 PM
The medusa, and the Bodyguard one, was my fave so far, from the 2 books i've read. ^^

grandis
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Oh, this is such a good comic!

BTW, members of the cosplay group I just joined, did a Count D and a Medusa for AnimeIowa.

Go to http://www.fansview.com under the AnimeIowa report, look in the cosplay section, and you can see them.

And Beverly might have some photos at her site as well.

It's such a GOOD manga! Who loved the story about the German Shepherd in the first volume?

Grandis

evaneko
09-24-2003, 10:57 AM
This is probably my new favorite series... I almost got the anime before the manga came out here- and I really wish that I had. Did anyone else notice that the chick with short dark hair from ayashi no ceres looks exactly like Count D ??? O.o

Karasu
10-01-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: grandis
Who loved the story about the German Shepherd in the first volume?

Me! I loved that story! I believe the German Shepard's name was Dreizehn. It means 13 in German. ^_^ Woof.

Hitori
10-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Wee~ PoH is great! I've read the first two manga and just recently saw the OAV, mwa ha, is great!
Am I the onli one who feels sorri for Leon?

LordofWickd4est
10-01-2003, 11:49 PM
It is a fantastic series. Both manga and anime. i wish there was more of the anime, I love the dub voice for Count D. But in the comic the funniest thing so far is probably when he went to the domme dentist. Despair (the medusa one) was the best ep so far in my opinion.

nekochan
10-04-2003, 03:51 AM
AWWWW D!! haha i fell in love with him in the first manga. xD the first three are out, and i think the fourth is coming out very soon. must remember to pick that up. the guard dog one WAS very good! but i also liked the other dog one, Daisy.. awwwwwww that was so sweet. hehe. i LOVE pet shop of horrors! haha but the artist gets soooo lazy sometimes. eh you can afford to be lazy when you're that good. mmmm yummy xD

BishiJZ
10-04-2003, 10:10 PM
The third one is now in (some) bookstores. I went to three different ones before finding it ^_^;; The fourth one is currently scheduled to be released in January! AHH! Why TokyoPop, why?!

BTW, is it just me or are the storylines getting more and more detailed with every volume? And the 3rd one has semi-shounen ai! XD Wai!

KitsuNessa
10-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Ohhh I was in Borders yesterday and picked up the first manga of Petshop of Horrors... and I LOVED it, despite being a person who usually shies away from gore/violence and stuff. I just loved the fact that the people who couldn't take care of their animals got what was coming to them. ^^ Such justice!! LOL I really liked the creepiness of the variety of animals too...more than just your plain dog, cat, etc, sometimes. Oh yeah, and Count D is soooo funny ^^ I love him ^^.

KitsuNessa
10-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Me! I loved that story! I believe the German Shepard's name was Dreizehn. It means 13 in German. ^_^ Woof.

It was a Doberman, not a German Shepard. ^^

Hitori
10-06-2003, 12:00 PM
So who's read the third manga now? I loves it!
The first and third were mi fave, 'cause the first seemed to dwell on the pets, and the third on D himself while the second was just floating in the middle not sure what to do^_^

BishiJZ
10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
For all of you who were interested in photos of me, here are three I took with my new camera. Unfortunately, the actual pictures of my costume are. . crap. The camera sucks. But here are a few face and neck shots that came out nicely.

http://pcmunkey.net/h2/D1.JPG
http://pcmunkey.net/h2/D4.JPG
http://pcmunkey.net/h2/D5.JPG

Enjoy ^.^

Karasu
10-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: KitsuNessa
It was a Doberman, not a German Shepard. ^^

Ooops. ^_^' Sorry about that. Looking good BishiJZ; Though I think a wig might be needed. Your hair is shorter than D's. The lipstick looks really good!

BishiJZ
10-07-2003, 06:57 AM
I'm actually growing my hair out now so I can dye it at Ushicon. . so it will definately be black in January.

Hitori
10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I love what little detailing I can see on that shirt. Reminds mi of the black outfit in the begining of number three (I'm so in love w/ that outfit, I just read it and I'm making it). I can't wait to see what yer outfit will look like w/ the right hair, BishiJZ

LordofWickd4est
10-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Looks great so far. Are you going to get contacts for his eye colors?

BishiJZ
10-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Looks great so far. Are you going to get contacts for his eye colors?

Yes, I already have the contacts and had them in for that photo, but the camera quality was bad and didn't pick up the colors. I'll buy a good camera this time and take more when my hair grows out and I dye it.

LordofWickd4est
10-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Awesome. Definitely looking forward to seeing the completed costume.