PDA

View Full Version : Crow/Dragon Claws..?

Aiji Sasayaki
08-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Anone! I'm making a costume for A-Kon 15 this year, and..ran into a slight problem. I'm going as an original character, a creature that..well, looks like a cross between a crow and dragon. I have it almost all done, but..I have -no- idea on how to make claws! I thought heavy cardboard paper covered in fabric, but thought they might break too easily. Any ideas on how to help..? It'd be greatly appreciated :bigtu:

HowlinMadMurphy
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
I'm making a pair of black boots into some harpy feet soonish. I'm not exactly sure what I'll use, but I will tell you how once I finish and it's not crappy :D
I'm doing claws on my hands too, but I'm basically just putting nails on some gloves to give them a talon-y look. Hope that gives you some ideas!

Aiji Sasayaki
08-23-2003, 10:53 PM
All my claws are rather large ^_^' for my feet and hands. I also have to make two horns for my head. Ee, who knew cosplaying a dragon would but such a pain..I plan to scan my character soon, and maybe that'd help out some..as a visual, and all ^_^ but, I'm not really the artist, so I hope it'll be good enough!

Space Invader
08-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Actually, gift box cardboard makes great claws. It's what I've worked with for my Edea finger-claw-things, and it's great. Cut out triangles of it and bend them around into claw shapes, then tape them together. They sit on the tips of your fingers, sorta like a really secure thimble. Fill in the insides with hot glue to reinforce them. Cover them with fabric... preferably spandex. I don't have to cover mine 'cause I wear them under my gloves.

Hope this helped ^_^.

Aiji Sasayaki
08-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Actually, gift box cardboard makes great claws. It's what I've worked with for my Edea finger-claw-things, and it's great. Cut out triangles of it and bend them around into claw shapes, then tape them together. They sit on the tips of your fingers, sorta like a really secure thimble. Fill in the insides with hot glue to reinforce them. Cover them with fabric... preferably spandex. I don't have to cover mine 'cause I wear them under my gloves.

Hope this helped ^_^.

I had that same idea, but I'd have to cover them in fabric (I need to have purple claws ^_^') I just wasn't sure on how to make them really stay on my hands, and sorta afraid they'd bend and break. I think I'll figure it out though with all the ideas people have been giving me ^_^ arigato!