PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets for CNA!

Kaijugal
08-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Step right up and place your bets! How many Jack Sparrows/Pirates will there be at this weekend's convnention?

:bigtu: Pirates Rock!

Chosuke
08-21-2003, 06:55 PM
No idea.
But I bet you can count on one hand how many of them will be good.

Looking forward to seeing Xiolas actually..I will steal her hat >3

xiola
08-21-2003, 09:21 PM
oh, probably a ton... because people can buy most of it from value village if they do it without the HAT and the JACKET... which is why i'm doing the hat and the jacket first and the rest will be ghetto ;P oh, and my liquor bottle has an actual label on it that says "PIRATES KEG", but it's still legal to carry around because it's actually a rootbeer bottle. *amused* XD

but on the other hand, maybe that'll make for a photoshoot opportunity. *dunno* o.o i mean, to be fair, someone should place bets on how many LoTR cosplayers there'll be, too :P

*goes off to make 20 more horrible buttonholes that are too big to use the buttonhole function on...* >D

Kaijugal
08-21-2003, 09:53 PM
but on the other hand, maybe that'll make for a photoshoot opportunity. *dunno* o.o i mean, to be fair, someone should place bets on how many LoTR cosplayers there'll be, too :P

Hahaha :D LOTR cosplayers. I didn't even think of that. ~!~ This is in a long line of the "Guess How Many" game. One year it was "Guess how many Darth Mauls / Queen Amidalas / Jedi there will be. " (I admit to being an Amidala myself that year. <laughs> I'm looking forward to seeing your costume as well. John and I were pirates at Toronto Trek this year, but ultimately took them off because no one was "getting" it.) :eeek: Classic case of an idea before it's time. Haha. Ah Well.... I predict 7 pirates, 27 anime characters of a mixed variety, 8 star trek suits, 4 goths and and 3 klingons.

xiola
08-21-2003, 10:40 PM
hmm...

RE: "I predict 7 pirates, 27 anime characters of a mixed variety, 8 star trek suits, 4 goths and and 3 klingons."

i predict more anime than that, (especially if you count gaming in there), 4 to 7 random jrock cosplayers (well, if you count the same person wearing more than one costume, then more than that coz christine probably has at least 3 on her own ;P), and like, maybe at least 10 LoTR cosplayers. probably more if it wasn't a crappy con

... as for bandwagon-cosplay, i was going to make an LoTR costume for TT this year, but it's a dress that surprisingly i haven't seen ANYONE make yet, so i'm sure someone will beat me by the time i get to wear it next year T_T at least mine will be unique... but ultimately i ran out of time ;_; (handpainting was taking too long and i hadn't even STARTED on the belt yet (except for figuring how to make it) which will take *forever*) so i'm finishing it for the RoTK premiere instead and people will probably see it at TT next year too coz i'll need to show it off... :P

... AAAGH I HATE THESE BUTTONHOLES! *cries and worries about how behind she is...* ._.;;; (but i can't do this repetetive crap without taking breaks ~_~)

oooh rain! (haha i love hearing random people outside shriek and run inside XDD ...ok watch me get rained on again tommorow for saying that -_-)

...the lightning had better not kill my power again! O_O these apartments were one of the 2 places in toronto that were still stuck without power by SATURDAY after the blackout...

Minakolabelle
08-21-2003, 11:32 PM
:P it's suppose to be 4

we'll see if Yura get's done

And if your counting my 3 there should be more like 10-15 j rock cosplayers there

HarukaTenoh
08-22-2003, 12:21 AM
Bet? If only I had cash at the moment... But I'm sure there will be a fair bit.

Cole
08-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Well I only saw one there so far.

Kia
08-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Only 3 Klingons?!?! NOOOOOOO! Klingons are the coolest people EVER! :: sniffles :: How could there be more uniformed trekies than Klingons..... :(

Sarcasm-hime
08-23-2003, 07:29 PM
As you can see, I am not at CNA. *sigh* just too busy working on my Worldcon stuff. Hopefully I'll get everything done before Thursday...

HarukaTenoh
08-23-2003, 10:44 PM
I didn't see a Single Jack Sparrow! That was a dissapointment! Ah well. So much for that. I didn't see too many people dressed up in the first place.

Klingons! I know! I only saw a few! And none of them were speaking the language!

xiola
08-24-2003, 02:15 AM
hey! i was Jack Sparrow on friday! you should have seen me, at least. were you only there saturday?i'm re-wearing it sunday.

anyway, i'm rather shocked that i was the ONLY Jack Sparrow i've seen all weekend!! on the other hand, it makes me feel cooler. but man i loved wearing it (except for the hurty badly laced boots). XDD

HarukaTenoh
08-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Aww, I wish I saw! I hope you post some pictures up! I was only there saturday...and wont be returning sunday :( though I wish I were. Who did you dress up as on saturday?

xiola
08-24-2003, 10:22 PM
pirogoeth from Megatokyo... but i lied, i didn't rewear Jack Sparrow today, coz i was tired... ^^;; i just wore Yoh coz it was comfy and we showed up late...

Ryukka
08-24-2003, 11:34 PM
I saw you! I tried to get a picture of you but I was stuck in a line at the time @_@ then when I got out, you ran off. Didn't see you today either, but then again i didnt stay to long.

There where a few random pirates there, but you where the only Jack i saw. I think I was the only millia (even if it only was her on saturday) at the con~ ^_^ that made me happy