PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Fav cosplays and shoutouts!

Elendriel
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Thank you everyone for making this Youmacon a great one for me :) I had a blast as the Incredibles, Fantastic Four, being part of the Tales, Code Geass, and Batman groups. I have a pretty large list myself of shoutouts that I'll hopefully get up soon.

This thread is for any shoutouts you'd like to give to your favourite cosplays, new and old friends, etc that you saw over the weekend!

Tiktock
11-01-2009, 10:52 PM
The Max from Where the Wild Things Are made me very happy.

And the two Kefkas running around made the con for me. They had the personality down and everything.

The Shy Guy was amazing. Loved it.

Chibi Lenne
11-01-2009, 11:38 PM
12:30am, it was a 6-hour drive home and I am glad to be back.

Sad we didn't meet up until just as con was coming to a close, Cloaked, but it was great to see you again.

Sorry to everyone I missed while I was down there, and glad to meet all the new people who either sat with us in line or just randomly talked to.

Shinteetah
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Cloaked_Schemer introduced me to a new Batman character!

Cosplay at Youma gets better every year. I saw so much cool stuff...!

Is it sad that some of the most con-fun I had all weekend was at the Kuroshitsuji group shoot? :D

hunj
11-02-2009, 07:20 AM
goldenvaulter & rinature: I enjoyed hanging out and taking pictures of you guys! hope we see at other cons too.

Room #364 people: sharing a room with you guys was great. I hope I didn't cause much disturbance when I came in late at night and you were sleeping. next time we should have some time to take photos and get to know each other better.

4ng31: it sucks to be underage :<

chloeandthehawk
11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
anyone that was verbally harassed in a loving and overly friendly manner by me on elevators. and several others that I'll remember throughout the thread.

MagicNein
11-02-2009, 09:38 AM
All my peeps playing Morden's Quest: Even if I wasn't playing with you, the inner circle is infinite!

Also, all the people who knew who I was on Saturday. Castlevania is so underloved.

4ng31
11-02-2009, 10:10 AM
4ng31: it sucks to be underage :<

Dude, I had no idea...sorry about that (O, and sorry for not getting back to you the other times...there was no organization in our room/events all weekend).

Ohayocon though if you're gonna be there!

Ms.chif
11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks for making Youma this year the Best con I have ever been to!! My roommates Jess (Sexi Luna, human form)and her boyfriend Mike, Dani (Crazy good artemas human form*think I spelled that wrong LOL) and her adorable niece Sara (which was the cutest Chibi moon and Diana I have ever seen!!) , Mae (In her awesome sailor Mars and Pluto, you are one sexi girl even with that tooth ache), Chris (manmoon! You work it girl!!that's all that I have to say LOL) and Perry (which didn't even have to dress up he was awesome just the way he was! Loving and Caring LOL). I want to thank you for making this weekend one I'll never forget!! It was pleasure! And can't wait for next year already!! Will always have memories from room 521! Love you guys! *blows a kiss!

Sala
11-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I was really amazed by the Kuroshitsuji cosplayers. The one guy cosplaying Sebastian really looked like him. It was great!

I'd also like to shout out to the cosplayers at the CLAMP photoshoot -- y'all were great!

Jiya
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I just wanted to shout out to the awesome ppl down the hall from me AKA HALL PARTY ON 7!
I also wanted to say that I was VERY excited about some of the Trinity blood cosplayers, and also that, ANYONE WHO WORE A ONESIE IS OFFICIALLY WAY COOLER THAN ANYONE WHO DIDN'T.

Lastly. The fantastic 4 cosplayers who asked me to take their photos outside, they were so cool! And totally not offended by my flamer jokes <3

Tiktock
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Lastly. The fantastic 4 cosplayers who asked me to take their photos outside, they were so cool! And totally not offended by my flamer jokes <3

Haha, that was you? Me and Cloaked are big fans of grabbing random people to take photos for us.

Don't worry, our Johnny is quite used to those jokes by now. :D

hunj
11-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Ohayocon though if you're gonna be there!

YES

Jiya
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Yay Ohayocon! I Can't Wait To See Everyone There! <3 <3 <3

Jiya
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Haha, that was you? Me and Cloaked are big fans of grabbing random people to take photos for us.

Don't worry, our Johnny is quite used to those jokes by now. :D

Lol yeah I'm the one who spilled a cup of coffee like 8 times xD

Elendriel
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Sad we didn't meet up until just as con was coming to a close, Cloaked, but it was great to see you again.

Same!! We shall have to plan something for next time :)

No thank YOU for taking the photos! We really appreciated it :) and no worries on the jokes LOL We tease Johnny all the time!!

Cloaked_Schemer introduced me to a new Batman character!

Anytime :)

-------------

To my shoutouts, which I know I will probably add to as I remember more!

First, my roomies - you guys seriously made this an awesome con for me, and I'm so glad to have you as roomates!! Epicness!

Ion: We got some fantastic pics and it was so awesome to run around with you as Sync! Especially getting that cracktastic Pizza pic XD XD XD and free cake! I got so excited when I saw you!

Tiktok - my cosplay buddy! *hugs* So fantastic, LOL TREADMILL!!!!

My Reed/Aro/Pluto/con mommy! - You really were awesome, you had beautiful cosplays, especially your epic Sesshomaru, and thank you so much for joining up with the groups! Fantastic Four wouldn't have been complete without you!

Johnny/Black Mask - WOW - we got some amazing photos, and it was awesome hanging out with you again!

ShyGuy - what can I say? I <3 you man! You were so cool Smile

My Disney Princess group - I had so much fun with you guys and it was amazing meeting all of you! I hope to stay in touch Smile

My Lelouch - I <3 you, you know this XD tho I AM the cooler brother *cough* It was epic playing chess with you and we got some great shots! Stay in touch!

My lulu/Lloyd - missed getting photos with you as Lulu but there's always next time. Great seeing you again!

My Canada peeps - WOW has it been a year??? I miss you guys! We really need to get to that HP convention for serious!

Alice/Ed/Bella/Victoria - I <3 you guys! Sunday was so much fun and we got hilarious pics. Yay for people actually recognizing us!!

Amanda/Elemental - thank you SOOO much for the photos, they turned out AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see the finished projects!

Saeru/Yui - great seeing you guys! Awesome outfits as always Smile

Alex - great meeting you this year! We met briefly last year, but this time we got to spend a little more time together. Can't wait to do Gurren Lagann with you!

Gurren Lagann cosplayers - WOW you made my weekend guys! You had such fantastic cosplays

TO everyone who took photos/complimented/flipped out on seeing the Incredibles - thank you!! We really didn't know how they would go over, and it was a last minute edition. It was a blast cosplaying them!

To everyone who took photos/complimented us on our Fantastic Four group - THANK you! Again, anime con, so we weren't sure how comics would go over, but we really wanted to get the group together. You all really made our weekend for us Smile

To the people who recognized me as Stephanie Brown when I was Spoiler and Batgirl - OMG! Honestly, I flipped out when you recognized those costumes! They're really pretty rare and I really didn't expect anyone, especially at an anime con, to recognize them Smile Thank you so much for making it totally worth wearing them!

To Travis and Laura - EPIC Batman and Robin!! It was so awesome getting photos with you and our group!! We'll put them up on Facebook for sure.

To my fellow Code Geass cosplayers - EPIC!! You all looked fantastic! Thanks for a great shoot!

The Batman crew, especially Harls! - I had so much fun with you guys, and we got some awesome photos. I can't wait to get them up! Thanks for making this an even better Batman year!

To the Scarecrow I met as Batgirl Thurs - EPIC PHOTOS seriously!! Thank you so much! You were great! I'll send you the photos as soon as I get them uploaded

To my Tales of the Abyss group - XD XD XD Thanks for including me! I loved doing Sync and it was so much fun!!

Tiktock
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Same!! We shall have to plan something for next time :)

Tiktok - my cosplay buddy! *hugs* So fantastic, LOL TREADMILL!!!

You're going to tease me for that for the rest of my days, aren't you?

Elendriel
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
You know it XD

and buttcrack :P)

chloeandthehawk
11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
@cloaked- I saw you from like FAR AWAY in the lobby Saturday Night, and I was all HM I'VE SEEN THEM ONLINE and I didn't go looking. :|

Yui
11-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Once again, a -huge- THANK YOU from me and the rest of the hallway and masq crew for all the cosplayers who participated this year. Saeru did thank you all in the green room, but I meant to also mention it on-stage for those hallway folks that weren't in the green room...but I don't think I did. ^_^; (I was a bit out of it during the awards, since I wasn't expecting to be announcing them.)

And also again....thank you to everybody for cosplaying PS1 characters big time this year, whether you competed or just hung out in the halls. It was awesome for me to actually recognize the majority of the costumes for once! XD

Melima331
11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Here's my short list:
- Shoutout to my roomies Two-Face, Joker, and Robin
-My boyfriend....thanks for flying all the way from Florida to visit me and go to the con! It was great!
-Batman group - This was the first con where I was part of a group and I had a blast! Thank you for letting me follow you guys around Sat evening. Harley...you attitude was awesome...truly annoying to Catwoman, lol!
-To anyone who took a picture of me or complimented my costumes..Thank you! It means a lot. I got great feedback for my Red Wings Rikku!
-To my MI cosplayer society peeps...it was nice talking to you

-The cosplays were amazing this year! A few that I really enjoyed were:
the Samurai Champloo cosplayers that posed with my boyfriend (Jin)
Blind Mag
The Auron on Sat...you looked amazing as usual
Ghostbusters
KH Cloud
Ugh I know I'm missing some....I'll remember them later.

wonderland-chan
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
- all the kindom hearts cosplyers at the kindom hearts photoshooot

- all the one piece cosplayers, fun photoshoot

- the awesome person that walked me into the delers room and let me use there mr.duck druing the kindom hearts( I was puppy/causal saix)

- my green room buddies, hope to see you next year and at other cons

AnimeLover10
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
-To all the cosplayers at the yu-gi-oh photo shoot and pokemon photo shoot, it was so much fun :)

-And for making my frist Anime conveiton the best one ever and I will come back next year :):bigtu:

Harleykins
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
This was my first big con! I can't wait for next year!

Harleykins
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Here's my short list:
-Batman group - This was the first con where I was part of a group and I had a blast! Thank you for letting me follow you guys around Sat evening. Harley...you attitude was awesome...truly annoying to Catwoman, lol!

HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY! :toothy:

stinkulousreddo
07-17-2010, 03:02 PM
-To all the cosplayers at the yu-gi-oh photo shoot and pokemon photo shoot, it was so much fun :)

-And for making my frist Anime conveiton the best one ever and I will come back next year :):bigtu:

Hooray, Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoots! :D It was the first photoshoot like that, that I'd ever been to. :D What a wonderful experienceeeeeeeeeee