PDA

View Full Version : Indies hide cosplay (help)

matus
08-21-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm planning on making an indie hide costume. I can't seem to find a nice, hi-res, full length picture, and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I got this screencap, but it seems to be the best I can get:
http://www.dorm.org/~matus/picture/indiehide.jpg

It's from Visual Shock 1, which I plan to comb meticulously.

Also, how should I do the hair? I have a hide body (but taller), but I most definitely do not have hair of that length (I bet neither does hide). Anyway, I guess my question is: what is the best way to get a wig to stay up like that all day? And how does one dye a wig?

If I get this costume made in time (1 year and 1 day from now), I promise to go on stage and perform 紅. (Kurenai, if you can't read the Kanji)

Thanks in advance for any help.

camuigackt
08-22-2003, 12:47 AM
well as much as i do try to make everything on my own when it comes to costumes, i personally would commission the wig. if thats what you decide to do, i reccommend this site (http://www.katiebair.com/wigs.html) or if you decide to make the wig yourself, there are tutorials on the site you can use for dying and making it stand up. or at least there will be soon...

matus
08-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the advice. I might commission it, but maybe not. I'd kinda like to save money, especially cause all the pvc involved in the rest of the costume might get pricey.

matus
08-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Hmm, I went to that wig site, and it seems she is not shipping Vash wigs, cause they would get damaged in shipping. Which means that this wig would be in big trouble, cause it's like vash,, but three times larger. So I'll probably make it myself, which would be more fun, and I'd probably be more proud of it. ^_^

camuigackt
08-22-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah she said that shipping wigs like vash and cloud and whatnot seem to have problems getting to their destinations in tact, but she will be posting a tutorial on how to spike wigs and stuff. untill then, uh off the top of my head i'd say get a blonde wig, tease the hell out of it. you might wanna get one of those special teasing combs, use a hella lot of hairspray (sometimes the cheap nasty stuff has the best hold, like aqua net). i have a friend who says he uses hair cement to make his mohawk stand straight up, but im not quite sure on how that'll work on a wig. and for the black and pink parts you could spray the color on those or put some extensions in the wig.

matus
08-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Yea, thanks a lot for all the help.

I was at an anime convention all day today (Anime Iowa, if you're going to AI, I'll be Lupin III tomorrow, say hi). I definitely saw a Gackt from Merveilles L'espace - S Concious, and a Gardenia Mana, and a Beast of Blood Klaha.

KawaiiMog
09-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Here's a place to get a LOW PRICED CUSTOM WIG!!! Ebichu recommends...

www.katiebair.com/wigs.html

:) Hope you find it helpful

Ebichu