PDA

View Full Version : Karin Kanzuki wig

Pillow-chan
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
First things first:
Aaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
this wig is going to be the death of me. And I haven't even started yet!
Basically, I'm making a Karin costume from Street Fighter Alpha 3 Click here for what she looks like! :D (www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/karin.html)
I'm a wig newbie and the only styling I've done is cut some bangs into my Nia wig, and trim my Haman wig (which ended up looking bad hurr hurr)
I need this costume to be ZOMG AWESOME quality awesome, and I can't commission a wig, I gotta do it myself...Gah.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where to start...because I'm at a complete loss.
The biggest problem is Karin's style has her hairline exposed...or is it the super tight ringlet curls?
I do have blonde hair in a great colour for Karin so I was thinking of using my own hair line....but then I get stumped after that.
any help? It would be much appreciated and I would love you all for eveeerrrrr <3

inufan52
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
i tried looking for a few but only came down to one that is similar in style...
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_innocent.html
its not that pricey, considering its already been styled: 38 USD...
hope this helps and
GOOD LUCK =)

Pillow-chan
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmmmm, I was thinking about that one actually.

I have a specific question if anyone can help:
How would I get ringlet curls like hers in a wig/normal hair? Is it even physically possible to get them like that? D:

Hee-Hee
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
There are a lot of different options for large spiral/sausage curls. One is to heat form the fibers around something strong like a can or pvc pipe, another is to use clear thread, and another still is to cover a foamcore tube with the fibers. I know there have been several threads about these methods, so I'd do a quick Search to see what comes up!