PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Shortcake costumes?

KuroBara
08-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone~
A co-worker and me are planning Strawberry Shortcake costumes for Halloween. She wants to be Strawberry Shortcake, and I still haven't made up my mind between Lemon Meringue and Blueberry Muffin.

I really need some help finding good pictures of these characters, as well as tips and photos from people who have cosplayed them before.

Thanks in advance!

chibistarpower
08-23-2003, 09:02 PM
cool, at katsucon 2003, I saw some strawberry cosplay! I saw a blueberry muffin and lime chiffon also they had a purple pie man! I'd love to do a SBS costume one day too, maybe Mint tea or Rasberry tart^_^

Moogle Hiromi
08-27-2003, 06:47 AM
I would love to do Strawberry Shortcake with an EGL twist. XD I saw some SBS cosplay on cosplaylab.com.

archangeli
09-03-2003, 10:53 PM
yeeee! Yes, I'm showing my age. I'd love to do a SBS cosplay . . . what an idea! ^_^

KuroBara
09-04-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. I sketched out what I want to make, and it has an EGL flavor to it. Instead of a babydoll dress I'll make Blueberry Muffin with a fitted top and a poofy skirt. I even got baby blue tulle for the petticoat.

The only things I'm having a hard time finding are the checkered blue fabric for the sleeves, and the green and white stockings. Any ideas on where to find those?

Do any of you want to organize a SBS group for an upcoming con? I'll probably wear Blueberry to Nekocon.

DarkindDreamer
09-04-2003, 03:56 PM
you should be able to find the stocking at most any costume shop such as party city..although party city has started to go down hill in the stuff they carry.. they'd probably be under like christmas elf costumes or something. and if you mean blue checkered fabirc as in like blue and white gingham they have it at hancock's around the fabirc fabrics area.

hope i helped :)

shmonkers
09-06-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm going through a great site of pics from last weekend's Dragon Con..

The owner is Damian I believe. Check it out! He has lots of great pics and costumes!!

http://groups.msn.com/webcasadebeurer/dragoncon2003.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1476

KuroBara
09-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Thank you!

Lol, I do have to wear this to work, so I can't make it quite that racy, but it's interesting to see other peoples' take on the costumes.

Velvy
09-12-2003, 01:06 AM
I'm dying to make the "Penny Arcade" remake of Strawberry Shortcake. :angel2:

KuroBara
09-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Lol! When my co-worker first suggested this, that's what I thought of! But, again, I work with children. Well, Halloween will be my last day at this job...hmm...

mandichan
09-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Ahh I also really wanted to do a Strawberry shortcake costume XD Never had time though ToT

I'm told a good way to do the tights is buy white ones and stretch them over a large cardboard tube, and then spray paint the stripes on.

When I put stars onto tights for my Komugi costume, I just painted them on while they were on my legs, but I wouldn't reccomend that.... @_@

Wish I could help you out on the fabric.. ToT

PS: Love the Nana icon XD Have you read volume 8 yet?? *goes crazy*

KuroBara
09-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks Mandichan, the cardboard tube idea is good. Since I'm having no luck finding them, I was either going to go the paint route, or try to find green electrical tape and apply that while wearing the tights.

Since I live no where near a real fabric store (the nearest Joanns is 2 hours away) I actually called someone to look for me, hopefully she'll find something!

As for Nana, Paradise Kiss made me an Ai Yazawa fan. I've only read synopses and summaries, but I love the art for Nana. I hope it gets translated.

Dementia
06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm dying to make the "Penny Arcade" remake of Strawberry Shortcake. :angel2:Hi.. just going through the cosplay.com forums after AGES of not being here. But, yeah the penny arcade one at Dragoncon was me. If you happened to make another of the Penny Arcade version, I'd LOVE to see it!!

Drackt
06-11-2004, 06:12 AM
So good to hear it's the original "Whacked-Out Country Lolita" Strawberry Shortcake you're trying to make...I HATE the redesign.

You could probably make them from a pioneer pattern for the classic look.

And here's a site that should help-
http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=Strawberry+Shortcake+images&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3Dd 3f7ae90a77d2c9c%26clickedItemRank%3D2%26userQuery% 3DStrawberry%2BShortcake%2Bimages%26clickedItemURN %3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.angelfire.com%252Fhi%252 Fsscake%252F%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPIndex2%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Fhi%2Fs scake%2F

sarabug
06-11-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm going through a great site of pics from last weekend's Dragon Con..

The owner is Damian I believe. Check it out! He has lots of great pics and costumes!!

http://groups.msn.com/webcasadebeur...to&PhotoID=1476

hey! that's me in the blueberry muffin costume!!! we had soooo much fun, i think we're having an expanded group at dragoncon this year, not sure who all is in it yet though! good luck! oh, and for the tights, go to www.welovecolors.com they have thigh highs in green and white stripe, which is the best i've found so far, and believe me, i've looked!

Dementia
06-11-2004, 07:53 PM
hey! that's me in the blueberry muffin costume!!! we had soooo much fun, i think we're having an expanded group at dragoncon this year, not sure who all is in it yet though! good luck! oh, and for the tights, go to www.welovecolors.com they have thigh highs in green and white stripe, which is the best i've found so far, and believe me, i've looked!

Hey woman :)

This year we have the three of us, my old roomie doing the Purple Pimp Man (modeling it after Ali G from HBO), and he's actually more suited for it than Rob! Amanda said something about a Lime Chiffon, My friend Julie from Texas will be doing the Plum Pudding from the photo, and Ravien will be doing Madame Sour Grapes :)