PDA

View Full Version : Event in December?

bloody_rose
11-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Hi! I'm planning for a trip to Japan next month and I'll be in Tokyo on 19 Dec - 26 Dec.
Is there any major cosplay event around that date? I'll be staying in Shinjuku area.

Arigatou :angel:

kiratsukai
11-12-2009, 01:52 AM
You're leaving immediately before the largest Tokyo event.
There's a pretty big event at Tokyo Dome on the 20th (http://www.cosp.jp/event_info.aspx?id=7687) but beyond that, the pickings are slim.

Check Cosplayers' Archive for detailed lists of events in the area. You make be able to check out something small...

http://www.cosp.jp/event_list.aspx?y=200911&d=&m=0&e=03&t=0&qd=0&qy=2009&rt=&rd=

bloody_rose
11-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Thx for the info by i cant read japanese kanji ^^;;;
(and google translate doesn't do much help)

so there is a cosplay event @ Tokyo Dome on 20th? and it seems that i have to buy ticket to get in.. (2000 Yen? and where can i buy?)

kiratsukai
11-19-2009, 07:55 AM
The event is to put up Christmas decorations in costume, recieve a present from santa, etc. It's a social/community type event:
http://www.cosplayfesta.com/decoray/about.html

If you can't speak or read Japanese, you'll have a VERY hard time navigating a Japanese event that isn't also staffed by English-speaking volunteers (like Comiket or TAF) and will have an even harder time making friends or feeling comfortable. I would strongly suggest asking a Japanese-speaking friend to attend with you and help you through the process.

Also worth noting: cosplay in Japan is quite a lot stricter than it tends to be in the West.

rules for this event ~
http://www.cosplayfesta.com/decoray/rules.html

Most events require you to meet at a set point for "uketsuke" (reception). There you will need to pay your participation fee, fill out a form in Japanese and go through a prop/costume check (weapons, large props, long items, military-esque uniforms are often banned). If you can't navigate this area in Japanese... you may find yourself less than enthusiastically recieved at the event.

For this event, you can buy tickets at the venue on the day of for 2,000 yen or at a Lawson convenience store using the Loppi ticket machine for 1,800 yen before the day of the event.

zero_enna_88
11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi! I'm planning for a trip to Japan next month and I'll be in Tokyo on 19 Dec - 26 Dec.
Is there any major cosplay event around that date? I'll be staying in Shinjuku area.

Arigatou :angel:

Hello:angel:
IŽll stay in Tokyo from 18 Dec to 4th January. IŽll go to the Comiket (is not just a cosplaying event, is more a doujinshi event, but there a big space for cosplay for 800 Y ).
Maybe, we can meet and go to this event and the one in the Tokyo Dome (IŽll stay very near, so itŽs perfect for me this location!!)If we are more people, it would be funny even if we donŽt know japanese.:bigtu:

bloody_rose
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Kiratsukai:
oh i do have a japanese speaking friend that lives in tokyo, she planned to go to this event too. so i'm not worried about navigating, language, etc..
and my costume is just a simple gothic costume so it wont be a problem
the most important thing is : take lots and lots of photos!! :D

thanks a lot for the info!

zero_enna_88:
when is the comiket? i hope i can go to this one as well as i have lots of places to visit during my stay.

btw, any1 knows where i can buy cheap (but good quality & design) gothloli outfit in osaka and tokyo?
i know there's a shop @ takeshita dori but i'm not suer about the price.

zero_enna_88
11-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Hi (^___^)
Comiket 77 is in December 29 to 31...2009 I want to be in December already!!

kiratsukai
11-23-2009, 10:38 PM
rose, gothic lolita isn't considered cosplay but regular clothing... so you proabably can't attend the event as a cosplayer. Instead you would have to register as a photographer.

Osaka's "Amemura" has a lot of gothic lolita shops... there are a bunch in Shinjuku in Tokyo too (most inside department stores). Takeshita Doori isn't really the vk district anymore. You won't find many name brands or shops... just a few punk and tourist style shops.

bloody_rose
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
thx for the info ^^
well since my cosplay outfit won't fit on my limited-space luggage, i guess i'll just regist. as photographer... at least i can take lots of japanese cosplayers photos for my friends. ^^

zero enna: too bad i can't go to the comiket, i'm going back to indonesia on 26th.

bloody_rose
12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi all, I heard that cosplayfesta decora is postpone until 17 january 2010. is it true??
Or on they will held this event 2 times? (on 20 dec and 17 jan)?

kiratsukai
12-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Hi all, I heard that cosplayfesta decora is postpone until 17 january 2010. is it true??
Or on they will held this event 2 times? (on 20 dec and 17 jan)?

That seems unlikely... since they're decorating for Christmas and January 17th is... well after Christmas...

There's no information about postponement on the page.

bloody_rose
12-29-2009, 04:08 AM
finally I went to Japan and sadly, arrived at Cosplayfesta around 6.30 PM (argh i spent to much time going around shinjuku, harajuku, shibuya, akihabara, and ikebukuro.. so little time to much to do..) T___T

but I did manage to get a few photos :D (Hetalia, Sailor moon, mercury, jupiter, mars, etc. and Elric Brothers! I love Elric Borthers!! ^_^)
(I didn't pay for the ticket but instead searching for cosplayers that are outside the venue)

this is my first time seeing real japan cosplayers, and they are all great. amazing! their level of cosplay (costumes, wigs, & perfect make up) definitely different than cosplayers here in my country.

Eventhough it was winter, around 6-9 degrees celcius with wind blowing outside Tokyo Dome, they are still busy getting some photoshoots, and don't care about the windy cold weather ^_^

@kiratsukai & zero enna: where you there at cosplayfesta? who knows i might saw you back there :D
and my friend in japan just told me that on 17 jan 2010 they will held another event like this..

Oooh and I found 2 BodyLine shops @ Osaka and Harajuku :)