PDA

View Full Version : Cosplaying L of Death Note: Help needed

kolor.me.L
11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello again. I am going to be crossplaying L of Death Note, and since the con is in mid-March, I just may have to bring a jacket. My question is; Has anyone seen L wear a jacket, and if so, could you tell me? But if not, could you give me some ideas?

I also know that he doesn't really wear shoe or socks and I kind of need to, should I wear old, beat-up white tennies? I think that would fit his character.

Thanks for the help, you gals and guys. By the way, if you could post photos of you cosplaying or crossplaying L, that would be much appriciated!

PhDPepper
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Something you can do is instead of wearing a jacket, wear a thermal sweater under his white shirt. Generic thermals from Hanes are very cheap, plus they keep you fairly warm. They also make thermal tights to keep the legs warmer too, also very cheap.

Aces
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
For your shoes question, he does wear shoes at one point in the show/manga. When he is at Toho and playing tennis (or one of the other couple times he is outside) he wears plain white sneakers. The beatup white sneakers you mentioned would probably work well.

As for your first question, I'd go with the guy above me. That, or wear a couple layers of white shirts.

kolor.me.L
11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
PhDPepper- I have never thought about a thermal shirt. Thanks for the idea.
-Stein- Thanks. Now I am going to have to find a pair of white tennis shoes. I USUALLY refuse to wear that color of shoes. Maybe I can borrow my mom's. Thanks again!

Maiku's Requiem
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
The only time L wears an actual coat is in a flash back scene in ep 25: he's about 5, going to Wammy's for the first time and wearing a tan toggle jacket with a white scarf.

kolor.me.L
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks Maiku's Requiem, I haven't seen Death Note on TV in awhile. I'm probably going to go to the public library and watch it there; if it's allowed, that is.

randomstuff
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Also while at To-oh he wears what look like beat-up black Converse.

SpellMeRed
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM
You can always just have layers?

.juLIa.
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Also while at To-oh he wears what look like beat-up black Converse.
And he also wore similar sneakers in L: change the WorLd. There was a page in L File No. 15 that detailed all his clothes and accessories and stuff, I think it showed that the sneakers were a camouflage pattern. Anyone have the book to check? I don't have my copy with me right now.

Braithcakes
11-14-2009, 07:23 PM
I have the sneakers from that file, julia. they're kind of like van slipons but hightops, and they have a dark camo style.

also....I believe somehwere I've seen in multiple fanarts him have a very simple, raggidy old black hoodie only zipped at the bottom over his white sweater.

I thought about doing L...because while he is the most simple character, he's the hardest to pull off ((I has perfect L wig ._.))

Lp_Garza
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
L cosplay
white shirt
blue jeans
??????
profit

now seeing someone do a ryuk (how ever you spell that) would be complete win

hchildress0123
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
For your shoes question, he does wear shoes at one point in the show/manga. When he is at Toho and playing tennis (or one of the other couple times he is outside) he wears plain white sneakers. The beatup white sneakers you mentioned would probably work well.

As for your first question, I'd go with the guy above me. That, or wear a couple layers of white shirts.

Just don't tie the shoes.