PDA

View Full Version : I-no from Guilty Gear...which color?

Hikari-neko
08-22-2003, 09:51 PM
I plan to start making an I-no costume for Nekocon, but am somewhat torn between her normal red costume and her black variant.
Her red costume is shown in the picture, and the black variant features an all-black dress and bright red hair. Here's the deal. I can't seem to find red PVC for less than 8 dollars a yard, and red boots for less than 32 dollars. My local JoAnn's happens to have black PVC for 5 dollars a yard and I managed to find a pair of black thigh high boots for 22 dollars, although they are a size too big.

Is black better than red because it's cheaper? The details in the black costume may not show up if it's all the same material, so should the main part be satin and the details pvc? Will black boots be more useful to own than red ones?

Is red better than black because it's sexier or more recognizeable because the normal costume is red?

One more question: I-no's distinguishing weapon/feature in Guilty Gear is her magical, deadly guitar. Do you think it's important to know how to play the guitar when wearing the costume?

What's everyone's opinion on this? ^-^ Thanks!

Sami
08-22-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm partial to the red myself; I think it suits her better. ^____^

Thinking on the boots issue (because I love boots!), I definitely agree that black boots would be more useful to own than red ones. I have one pair of black boots that I love to death because they have served me well through multiple costumes! :D (I call them my All Purpose Cultural Cosplay Boots, LOL..)

Maybe you could save the money on red boots and make some boot covers out of the PVC instead?

I don't think playing the guitar is as important as posing with it. ^___^

I too am thinking of making a GG costume for Nekocon; I can't wait to see yours! :D :D :D

Jehuty
08-23-2003, 02:37 AM
I'm a fan of the game ( own it actually ) and i've seen the black alternate costume color, it is pretty nice. But I dunno I like the red more on her. It seems that the red material isn't too much more expensive. A $3 difference per yard in the fabric and a $10 difference for the boots. If you're tight on cash I guess the black would be great, however if you're not you could splurge a little and get the red. I would definatly IMO say the red would be more reconizable and................probally is a little more sexy.......if you want the added sex appeal...ahem anyway. NO I do not belive it's important to know how to play a guitar for your costume. If you want to go the extra mile and learn some easy basics though for added effect that's up to you however I repeat I don't think it's too important.

liz-maru
08-23-2003, 07:26 AM
go for the red!! sometimes people dont recognize her costume anyway but if it was in black people may have an even harder time recognizing you. if that isnt a concern tho go for whatever color you like best! youll look great either way! ^_-

Pool Cue Ronin
08-23-2003, 07:58 AM
I plan to start making an I-no costume for Nekocon, but am somewhat torn between her normal red costume and her black variant.
Her red costume is shown in the picture, and the black variant features an all-black dress and bright red hair. Here's the deal. I can't seem to find red PVC for less than 8 dollars a yard, and red boots for less than 32 dollars. My local JoAnn's happens to have black PVC for 5 dollars a yard and I managed to find a pair of black thigh high boots for 22 dollars, although they are a size too big.

Is black better than red because it's cheaper? The details in the black costume may not show up if it's all the same material, so should the main part be satin and the details pvc? Will black boots be more useful to own than red ones?

Is red better than black because it's sexier or more recognizeable because the normal costume is red?

One more question: I-no's distinguishing weapon/feature in Guilty Gear is her magical, deadly guitar. Do you think it's important to know how to play the guitar when wearing the costume?

What's everyone's opinion on this? ^-^ Thanks!
It really depends. It looks like you're pondering uses for outside of cosplay.
If that's the case, you ought to consider what color would suit you better. Black usually suits anyone, but you may be partial to reds.
It's usually best to do the standard colors, because you'll be recognizable, but her black color is awesome, so if you think black suits you better, go for it.
And you don't have to know how to play the guitar, but it'd be REALLY cool if you did. Icing on the cake, and all.

Hikari-neko
08-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys! ^-^ I finally decided on the red in the end, since it just looks so much cooler and I found a fabric store that'll have the red in stock for a long time, rather than a place that makes it necessary for me to buy the stuff Now, when I'm almost broke. n.n

By the way, for anyone interested in stretch vinyl, the place was www.spandexhouse.com ... it's kinda hard to find the materials they have anywhere else.

liz-maru
08-26-2003, 02:35 PM
ooo thanks for the linkie!