PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Cosplay??

MistakenTrekkie
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
So I figured I'd start this thread, just to see if anyone out here is a Trekkie, and Cosplays with the Trek.

I know you all exist. So come on over!

AnimegirlParnaz
11-18-2009, 03:01 AM
My boyfriend and I have cosplayed as Star Fleet Captains from DS9.

Sticks
11-18-2009, 03:18 AM
My sister and I were going to dress up as female starfleet cadets for Dragon*Con this past year, but we unfortunately didn't make it in time. :(

Maybe next year though! :)

Lord_Tristan
11-19-2009, 04:39 AM
i was green tunic (trouble with tribbles) kirk for halloween. wore it to work to boot.

godmi
11-24-2009, 09:51 PM
For D*C 2010, I'm going as Nurse Chapel. :]

CHOCOLAT3 disco
11-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I actually plan on being new Chekov for...something.

:3

E. Hyde
11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I was a Klingon for ComicCon and for Halloween, you can see pics in my gallery. I also wore a generic and very quickly-made starfleet uniform to the movie opening.

Chergnomebyl
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Off topic, but....I've never seen ONE episode of star trek, madness, right?

KittyCanuck
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I made a pair of TOS uniforms for Dragon*Con 2009, and I wore mine again at work for hallowe'en! ^_^

I'd like to do a set of TNG uniforms Next time I cosplay from Star Trek!

wildeyedangel
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm doing a vulcan-human hybrid at Kitacon next year. Have to figure out the best place to get a blue original series dress from though.....

psychomunkey719
12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
I was Data for my college's scifi club's Halloween party. It was a lot of fun, Data's a fun character to play.

Garuda_Aiacos
12-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I wore the Medical Officer Uniform to the new Star Trek Movie Premiere here in Singapore. Not my cup of tea as am more SW Costumer/Fan but the T-Shirt was cheap and it's finally a chance for me to be an official part of the Costumer section of the local ST Fangroup instead of borrowing other member's which kinda ill-fitted me. :p

Next costume will either be the standard TNG Movie Uniform most in Singapore have or my dream costume : Captain Dress Uniform. ;)

Really want the Enterprise Jumpsuit but I think I might get sick of wearing Jumpsuits from having to wear one most of the time when I'm trooping. :p

Hiro Semori
12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
So I figured I'd start this thread, just to see if anyone out here is a Trekkie, and Cosplays with the Trek.

I know you all exist. So come on over!

I always wanted to do cosplay of a Starfleet Captain from Wrath of Khan.

supergeekgirl
12-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I regularly wear my Original Series Commander dress to anime conventions. I made one a few years back for the 40th anniversary of Star Trek and have worn it so much that I had to completely remake it last year. My husband and I do Trek together and get an overall good reaction. Some people say we're at the wrong convention, but whatever. ;)

I'm planning on making a female captain's uniform (the green tunic one turned into a dress) even though there aren't female captains at that point. I'm sort of going for female Kirk. Green looks infinitely better on me than gold.

zackinaapron
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
My friends and I are going to go as our "alter-egos" from the show. We all have a specific character so were going to just dress up one day and go :D

And I'm going to try to go to MTAC this year as either Sulu or a Vulcan. Can't decide :/

tereshkova2001
01-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I did a modified TNG Vulcan (http://www.flickr.com/photos/21077670@N02/4065487757/) for Halloween this year; I bought the corset and jacket but designed the rest of it (including the makeup) myself. I'm probably going to wear it at a local SF con in April this year.
(Other partygoers decided I was actually a Romulan spy, between the cleavage and the smiles.)

SaChan
01-17-2010, 11:08 PM
For Halloween, I was a Vulcan female science officer. I wore Spock recently and plan to wear it again Balticon and maybe Dragon*Con 2010. :)

sunnystars
03-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Going as TOS Uhura to wondercon this year!

symph0ny
03-22-2010, 01:23 AM
I am totally a Star Trek fan. XDD haven't dressed up as it yet, but it's on my to do list. >u<

audrey12345
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I want to do a Star Trek cosplay!
I'll probably just make a generic Starfleet uniform.

DarkBaroness
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm giving serious thought to revamping an old formal gown into something that Deanna's mother would wear.

Lodni Kranazon
03-30-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm definately a fan! Did some cosplay in college and for the opening of "The Undiscovered Country" (yeah, I know that was a while back) a group of us was invited to a local movie theater to hand around! I was an Original Series Klingon. Certainly want to do some Trek cosplay again soon! Anyone in the Japan Kanto plain up for that??

DDB
04-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm planning to go as a TNG Vulcan science officer to Supanova (Melbourne) this weekend. Got a week to sew my uniform shirt, eek! Will post photos when it's done.

Stormraven24
04-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm a recent fan of TOS and the 2009 movie, but I've always had a love for TNG. After seeing the "Manhunt" episode I decided I really want to make that tunic/dress-thingy that Riker and Picard wear in the beginning. I'd love to have a complete set of uniforms from TOS and TNG for all departments at some point -daydreams-

OMGwyn
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
My friend and I were Spock and Kirk for Halloween.
We have yet to do it for a con though. haha
<3

dooku
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I have First Contact uniform but I haven't been to a SiFi con yet. I have pics though

animeangel90
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I regulary wear my Star Trek 09 Kirk costume, love that thing so much. That's the only cosplay i will probably never get rid of. I think im wearing it to ctcon next.

kenshin-chan64
05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm going to actually post a question in here if any of you can help me. I wish to eventualy do a Bones McCoy cosplay from TOS, but I want to do his short sleeved medical tunic. The top looks much different from the regular tops and I dont believe I can use their pattern to make it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what pattern might be out there that requires little altering to get the medical tunic?

Xaila
05-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I have a TOS dress I'll be wearing to ACen next week! I even found a Phaser (Type II) water gun prop to rock with it.

My only thing is... I don't want to be assumed as Uhura, I'm just a regular Fleet officer... but cuz I'm black, people will scream it out anyway. -_________-;;

Thinking of covering myself in gold paint... should work....

Minsc
05-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Definitely a Trek fan! Might do something from the series in the future. When I do I suppose you can call me a full-fledged Trekkie at that point.

Prota-Girl
05-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Well, I think I helped start the Female Girl Spock thingie at least Year's Metrocon. Not sure I wanna bring her out again. But I redid the wig and whatnot so it's a possibility she can come back, only issue is, someone ruined the ears so they wont stay in place well, so I gotta fix that, other then that that, it's a possibility. Nice to see other fans though! 8D

E. Hyde
05-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm going to actually post a question in here if any of you can help me. I wish to eventualy do a Bones McCoy cosplay from TOS, but I want to do his short sleeved medical tunic. The top looks much different from the regular tops and I dont believe I can use their pattern to make it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what pattern might be out there that requires little altering to get the medical tunic?

Do you have a good picture? I'm not finding any when I do a search and I don't remember the details of what that top looks like ... sadly, the Star Trek Uniform Guide site seems to be down.

I am currently working on a steampunk version of the TOS uniform, which I am hoping to have finished in a day or so. I found an awesome red minidress which is kind of like a long double-breasted vest and of course my first thought is costuming ...

kenshin-chan64
05-20-2010, 08:04 PM
No problem, sorry 'bout that.

Here (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050922061020/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/f/f3/McCoy_and_medical_staff.jpg/180px-McCoy_and_medical_staff.jpg&imgrefurl=http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(2265-2270s)&usg=__3OekgliPTTCkygFyadVcvHa4LmM=&h=137&w=180&sz=7&hl=en&start=17&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=4c6TnBV0Hax7iM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmccoy%2Bmedical%2Btunic%26um%3D1%26hl %3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1R2ADRA_enUS372%26tbs%3Disc h:1)
Here (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XNPD380IpBQ/SjqwGb6kldI/AAAAAAAAHKA/sPjLKrAl-Xc/s400/P204_6.jpg)
Here (http://trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/immunity/mccoy_spock_dignity.jpg)
and here (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6300000/Nurse-Chapel-and-Doctor-McCoy-leonard-bones-mccoy-6351860-400-322.jpg)

I dont know what material it's made of either, but overall it's looser and has a different collar. I'm quite new with patterns (I usually alter pre-existing clothes) so I'd probably be too nervous to do major changes if I would have to do so.

tereshkova2001
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
All of the original costumes were awful polyester fabric; the shininess in the photos suggests that as well.
Shortening the sleeves on a pattern is very simple: just cut them short and finish the edges where you want them. The collar would be a little trickier, I must say.
You could look for modern medical scrubs with a scoop neck, if you'd rather alter an existing garment. The color wouldn't be quite right, since scrubs are matte rather than shiny and won't take dye well. I'm finding some patterns for scoop-neck scrubs, which you could use to make an outfit from scratch. Simplicity 4644 seems to be pretty close; you might want to take in the sides a bit and lengthen the sleeves on that one.

Isaac Jarlath
05-23-2010, 04:03 AM
I don't mind trek, I'm not a hard core fan, but a fan none-the-same. Recently I had started thinking of looking into getting a custom made Nemesis onwards era duty uniform.

kenshin-chan64
07-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, me again. I'm just doing more research and trying to figure out what I need to do or get for my TOS Bones cosplay. I'm still figuring out the scrub top and I think I can alter a pair of my own pants. I was just wondering what shoes other TOSers out there have used?

-GlacialMai-
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
8D FELLOW TREKKIES. YESSS. I've done two Trek costumes, both Kirk. the first one was a Bar!Fight Kirk from that beginning scene in the new movie, and my current go-to cosplay is Captain James Kirk, also from the new movie! They're in my gallery~

... I was just wondering what shoes other TOSers out there have used?

I just used some generic black construction boots! In the original series, I know they have some heeled boot of sorts? D8 I can't give you an actual brand or anything, so this is actually probably really unhelpful. ;;>>

What I'd suggest is search for black pirate boots of some sorts to accommodate for a wider male calf and also get the more male look instead of "black stiletto go-go dancer".

kenshin-chan64
07-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I've been looking some more too, and they almost look like English riding boots? :/ Only problem is those run in the hundreds price wise XD

-GlacialMai-
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM
x.x Yeah, that's one of the reasons I went for just plain ankle boots. I have muscular calves due to some sports I did when I was younger, and finding boots is very difficult. D8

Goodwill is an option, but unless you get REALLY lucky. Dx

ALSO: YAY, I'm glad someone else is here to keep the thread alive! 8D

kenshin-chan64
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I dont know WHY this thread isnt the most popular one in the subsection :3 ?

I've been trying to get to my thrift store but we've been really busy this week at work and I've been working on my usual days off :( And the boots are kind of the begining of the process, because then I'll know how long or short the pants need to be, and where the pants hit my waist will let me know how long the tunic should be as well as the undershirt...the only thing I feel safe doing is buying a wig. And even that, I've never worn one and dont know which one to get XD

-GlacialMai-
07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
D8 I know! Before I got into cosplay, I always heard about the Trekkies. I thought there'd be more. x_x

xD You can call it boldly venturing out into new territory. /shot

Hmmm. Well, in TOS, they wore their pants probably a finger's width under the bellybutton, since that was the style in the sixties. It would depend on your inseam [length from the crotch of the pants to the bottom hem]. But, yeah, the heel of a boot definitely can change the way something looks. ;;>> My pants are a little too short, because I'm 5'10" with my boots and 5'8" without them.

The tunic. Hmm. Maybe wrist length? D8

Ho jeeze. xD I wish I could help with the wig. My friend, who's also my Bones, sold me some weird wig for $5 the day of the con. My advice is to get a high quality one that's super thick. x.x My wig isn't thick enough, so I've been trying to find extensions and make homemade wefts and stuff. xD HO MY JEEZE. AND THE HAIR LINE. xD Damn those natural hairlines.

kenshin-chan64
07-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Haha, I'm 5'10 WITHOUT heels XD

~H~
07-17-2010, 12:28 AM
LOVE Star Trek! (...especially TOS dresses ^_-)

I've had a crush on Spock forever, so my first ST cosplay back in '98 was a Vulcan officer:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1533570/

Recently I exchanged the pointy ears for big 60s style hair, and have been cosplaying as a human officer instead:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/220664/

kenshin-chan64
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
I LOVE seeing TOS cosplayers do the 60's hair~

creativecrater
07-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Just have to jump in here and say I love you all who are fellow trekkies and cosplayers! I plan to do a Nurse Chapel cosplay someday. Also on my dream list is steampunk'd female and male officers (for my friends and I). Already working on the design, but honestly, I have other costumes that take priority at the moment. ^^

Moonlit Child
07-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Okay, so a girlfriend of mine wants a TNG lab coat, a la Beverly Crusher, but I'm a little stumped for a pattern. Has anyone considered making one of those? It's basically a normal lab coat only a lot baggier/looser fitting with huge pockets, but I'm lost without a pattern.

Also, I found an amazing costume/prop resource recently in an old auction listing :

http://startrekpropcollector.com/trekauctions/

None of them are active listings, but there's pretty much anything you'd need as far as reference, you just need to spend time sorting through it all. It's totally worth it, too!

alorian
08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I just jumped at the chance to make a pair of TOS uniform dresses for two friends for Halloween, and I can't believe that neither Simplicity nor McCall's has a pattern for Trek costumes! They have everything for Star Wars and LotR and any other movie-of-the-week, but no Trek? Sheeze. Guess I'll be altering a basic dress pattern. ;p But I'm still excited to do the costumes, my mom's a major Trek fan and I was weaned on the original series from infancy. :D

kenshin-chan64
08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I just jumped at the chance to make a pair of TOS uniform dresses for two friends for Halloween, and I can't believe that neither Simplicity nor McCall's has a pattern for Trek costumes! They have everything for Star Wars and LotR and any other movie-of-the-week, but no Trek? Sheeze. Guess I'll be altering a basic dress pattern. ;p But I'm still excited to do the costumes, my mom's a major Trek fan and I was weaned on the original series from infancy. :D

They dont have any pattern because Roddenberry claimed the rights to the uniforms. But all is not lost, because you can get pretty much every pattern at his website here http://www.roddenberry.com/wardrobe/patterns/tos-starfleet-officer-duty-uniform-female-skant.html :) (that one's just the dress for ya~)

Stormraven24
08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
^ Oh my god, thank you for posting that link! I didn't know that Roddenberry still owned the rights to the costumes. Makes sense now whey no one else would have patterns for Trek XD -peruses that link-

alorian
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks so much for the link! I might wind up altering a basic dress pattern anyway, but that's a great source for the patches.

Most of the mainstream-produced theme costume patterns are not officially endorsed, so I was thinking they'd have a little maxi dress pattern called "Space Voyagers" or some crap like that. :D

Stormraven24
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
One thing I noticed about the link, though. I'm partial to the two-piece uniform worn in the later seasons (3-7, I think) of TNG, and while I see the pants pattern, I only see the jacket pattern for men. Did they discotinue the female version or am I just not seeing it in plain sight? :/

kenshin-chan64
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
One thing I noticed about the link, though. I'm partial to the two-piece uniform worn in the later seasons (3-7, I think) of TNG, and while I see the pants pattern, I only see the jacket pattern for men. Did they discotinue the female version or am I just not seeing it in plain sight? :/

I'd have to do some searching, but I thought I heard rumor that the females continued wearing the onsies? I dont know :/

I also dont know what makes the male's the males and female's female. It's just probably the cut/fit in the bust area, so I dont know if a male uniform top could be altered or not.

DarkBaroness
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Just sat & watched the special re: the Paramount/Christie's auction. I might just have to pick up an official pattern and knock one out for Halloween. Honey is thinking about being "The Galaxy's Unluckiest Redshirt" this year :)

TKanaAmaterasu
08-05-2010, 05:50 AM
I cosplay Spock and Valeris in the red uniform from the movies. I havent done Valeris yet but i have a few of Spock...might be on my DarkSora account. I have the yellow and blue shirts from the new movie as well. Its all good XD

kenshin-chan64
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
sooo...shameless plug >_>;
i'm within a week of getting all the materials to begin my TOS Bones cosplay, but i'm still rather nervous of doing it justice.
here's a trace i did a bit ago; do you guys think i could pull it off? :<
http://kenshin-chan64.deviantart.com/#/d2tl7lt

jackwabbit
08-07-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm jumping in late. Will be doing a Voyager/early DS9 command uniform for Dragon*Con.

tereshkova2001
08-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Kenshin-chan, that looks awesome. You will rock the heck out of it. :D

kenshin-chan64
08-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Thank you tereshkova ^^; I just got the scoop necked scrub pattern today, and now need to order the otherpattern, patch, and possibly the fabric (because my Joann's sucks and doesnt have a large variety of colors for polyester :P )

xfkirsten
08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
*pokes head in* Trek? YAY! I grew up watching TNG, but Voyager ended up being my true love.

I've been really wanting to cosplay Janeway for years... I finally get around to it, and now I can't find a female DS9/Voy jumpsuit pattern in stock anywhere. :miffed:

Stormraven24
08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
^ Have you tried Roddenberry.com? Someone on here pointed me there and I was so happy they had so many uniform patterns! I got my TNG jumpsuit pattern from there. Good luck! :)

kenshin-chan64
08-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Yep, roddenberry.com to the rescue. You can get pretty much everything there for your costume except the shoes...I'm still trying to find some TOS shoes :/

xfkirsten
09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately, the female DS9/Voy pattern at Roddenberry.com has been on backorder for ages, and I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be back any time soon... :(

TKanaAmaterasu
09-19-2010, 07:32 AM
I am gonna get some more pics me thinks of Valeris. I could pull her off but my uniform is captain rank, not lieutenent red

Stormraven24
09-24-2010, 11:59 AM
By the way, if anyone wants actual Star Trek com pins (not the velcro ones Roddenberry.com has), thinkgeek.com has four based on the 2009 movie. I bought me one and it should be here Monday (so close and yet so far!!! darn you, UPS!!!), so I'll edit this with more details, if anyone wants them :)

Edit: Got my pin today and it's awesome! Well, as awesome as a pin can be xD It's a good metal, not plastic, and there are two pins to keep it from rotating or otherwise messing up fabric; one at the top point and the other on the farthest bottom point. If I didn't think I'd get in trouble for it, I'd wear it with my work uniform today xD Definitely gonna get me the other three at some point (after I get everything else I want more from that site). Oh, and for anyone who wants one, they're $10 a piece. Not bad at all for a good quality like that :)

Garuda_Aiacos
09-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Sound good! :D

I lost my "fan-made" one (a friend did a Mass Order of the Uniforms and Com Pins back before the movie came out for us Costumers to wear to the Movie Premieres) so could use a new Pin.

xfkirsten
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Found one of the DS9/Voy female patterns on eBay, yeah! It's the Kerezman pattern that's out there... virtually no instructions with it... time to make a mock-up! :D

Clive-kun
09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey guys!
I'm a 2009 Kirk cosplayer ( http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/269/8/3/jim_kirk___star_trek_by_twinklestarr_chan-d2ziu55.jpg ) and I'm currently working on....I think we've counted 11 outfits that our group is doing (we have myself, Spock, Bones, Gaila, Chekov, Uhura, Scotty, and Sulu). This coming year I'm making:

Acadamy cadet, kid Kirk, barfight Kirk, TOS uniforms, the TOS wrapshirt, TOS dress uniforms, Voyage Home outfit, Maroons, Delta Vega, Mirror Mirror, and A Piece of the Action suits. (yes, I have no life...thankfully I've started on almost every single one already...and it'll be awesome because everyone in our group is doing every one of these that they can).

AND there's also a possibility that my Spock and I will be also doing Data and Tasha Yar from TNG next year if we can find the time.

PapouGirl
10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Yay for Trekkies!
I'm almost finished with my Bones cosplay, which will be my first Star Trek cosplay. And my best friend is going to be Kirk. Should be fun. :D

Man of Mystery
10-08-2010, 03:42 AM
Ah Star Trek. I consider myself a "casual" Trekkie, but I love the series. I have never actually dressed as a Starfleet character though. If I do, I would probably go as Captain Kirk, or wear one of those "Monster Maroon," red Wrath of Khan uniforms.