PDA

View Full Version : MetroCon 2010 (July 23 -25)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

KurohaneShizumi
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
So~ MetroCon will take place on July 23rd to the 25th. Whose excited already?? I am, that's for sure. ^_^

Anyone already started on their plans for it? Costumes, rides, hotels, ect.?

MetroCon's Website (http://metroconventions.com/) has announced the theme (Samurai vs. Ninja) and info for Chess Match, Star Party, and Masquerade. (For the thread solely about that, go here (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=198394).)

Pre-registration for weekend pass and maque ticket is now available as well as hotel reservations.

kikuyo
11-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I am excited and ready and planning to go if they have audtioins for anything :D

KohakuWolf
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm already excited for this too!! I love MetroCon. ^^
I have actually started making plans for cosplays and such, but nothing is set in stone right now because it's still aboout 8 months away. :3

AlexXIII
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Hells yes! I was making plans right after metro 2009!XD
I've made up my mind for what I'm cosplaying so that way I dont scatter around like a week before metro trying to get something together...that happened last year, dont want that happening again

JellybeanQueen
11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm sooo excited for Metrocon. XD I had such an awesome time this year/last Metrocon, even if everything did run late, lol. And I've actually got two of my costumes pretty much set in stone already.

KurohaneShizumi
11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm so happy everyone (so far) is so excited!! ^__^ Just like you all, I'm super excited. I've been planning to go back since 2009's ended. XD I always do because I love Metro so much.

...so that way I dont scatter around like a week before metro trying to get something together...that happened last year, dont want that happening again

Ah, yes. Last minute craze. XDDD It seems that I'm always doing this for Metro. In all of my four years going, I can't remember a single time that I wasn't doing last minute stuff in the hotel the night before. Hopefully that won't happen this year. I've got one of my three planned costumes down and starting on the next I think I can squeeze the third in so we'll see. ^_^

AlexXIII
11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah i had to make somewhat of a whole cosplay within a week and it kinda failed...But not this year,noooo. Must plan everything

Braithcakes
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
this will be my first year ever going. If i go friday I'm doing something kuroshitsuji, and saturday I'm kiba from naruto...

and then on sunday....idk, I'll just...figure out something xD

kayla364
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
We have had hotel figured out on Sunday of last year for this year. Like we already had what type of room we're getting, who's all staying, how much each person is chipping in and everything. this is the most planned I've been in all the 4 years I've been haha. Which is still kinda sad.

I'm stoked! I love Metro! Last year was great! I have no idea if this year can top it though, last year was reallllly good.

KohakuWolf
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm stoked! I love Metro! Last year was great! I have no idea if this year can top it though, last year was reallllly good.

I agree, last year's Metro was one of my best con experiences ever! :D
And this time around, I think I'm actually going to get a hotel room for Thurday night as well as for Friday and Saturday. Still trying to figure out who'll be staying with me though, it all depends. But I want to get there as early as possible on Friday, because there is no way that I'm gonna be standing in a registration line for almost 2 whole hours again. >.<

As for my current cosplay schedule, I plan on being Cosmos from Final Fantasy Dissidia all day Friday, and Wallmarket Aerith for the Masquerade at night. On Saturday, I'll be FFVII Tifa and another version of Aerith (most likely either FFVII or Crisis Core) for my friend's Final Fantasy panel, and maybe Elena of the Turks for a different panel if I can get changed quickly enough. I'm planning on doing Sheryl Nome's red dress version for the raves on both Friday and Saturday night. Not completely sure about Sunday. I might just be Tifa or Aerih again, or maybe Nico Robin from One Piece if I bring that costume along. ^^

But more than anything, I'm most looking forward to seeing all of the awesome people I met at last year's Metro and all of my friends who live around the Tampa area! :)

KurohaneShizumi
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
We have had hotel figured out on Sunday of last year for this year. Like we already had what type of room we're getting, who's all staying, how much each person is chipping in and everything. this is the most planned I've been in all the 4 years I've been haha. Which is still kinda sad.

Haha. It's not sad at all! XD I bought my ticket and hotel room in January last year. I get all that crap done early too! Metro's totally worth it. ^_^

And oh god, last year was fabulous. All the GW voice actors were just fantastic. *o*

I think I'm actually going to get a hotel room for Thurday night as well as for Friday and Saturday.

I've done this for two of the four years I've been going and it is the smartest thing you can do. D: I always head out the Publix right by the con and hotel (Embassy, I mean) and pick up food for the whole weekend so I don't spend a ton of money on con food. ^_^ I get to relax and get settled in; finish any ridiculous, last-minute stuff. It's nice.

As for a cosplay schedule... Sunday is likely to change, but I'll be Sumeragi Subaru on Friday, Xion on Saturday and Riku (Organization version) on Sunday. If I manage to finish her, I might do Belgium instead of Riku. ^_^

Braithcakes
11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
is metro a 4 day con? 0_0

metrocon will probably be my birthday present. ((I actually wanted to go to otakon, but....I just want to go to a con that's bigger than mega.))

._. I wans to go sooo bad xD

Divine Dragon
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I got an email from Alex mentioning the con dates. I hope they get the website back up soon and get the news out. I'm going to be taking summer classes this year and I need to know the audition and practice dates.

AlexXIII
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
is metro a 4 day con?

No, metrocon is a 3 day con, but some people come a day early for their hotel rooms

KurohaneShizumi
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
is metro a 4 day con? 0_0

metrocon will probably be my birthday present. ((I actually wanted to go to otakon, but....I just want to go to a con that's bigger than mega.))

._. I wans to go sooo bad xD

MetroCon is only 3 days but as AlexXIII said, some people including myself, like to get there a day early. I've found that Friday everyone's trying to cram into the elevators and then rush down to the con. It's a pretty hectic day. XD

That's why I love going a day early. ^_^ <3

There's no greater birthday present than MetroCon. I hope you manage to go.

Nekomeishi
11-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm so excited for it~ This past year was my first time at Metro and I had a blast. I met so many awesome people!

I'm going to see about getting a room for Thursday night as well as Fri/Sat this year, because digging through suitcases and changing in the lobby bathroom on Friday morning because we didn't have a room yet was not fun. XD

Costume plans for me are more than halfway done -- Skull!Ciel (Kuroshitsuji) on Friday, Celes!Fai (Tsubasa) on Saturday, and Sunday is.... still open to suggestions. XD

Braithcakes
11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
='] anything I should know?

I've not yet been to a "big" con before, megacon is the biggest I've ever been to.

like...anything I should know about it? prepare for?

and...I should probably get a hotel room, since tampa is an hour and a half away ._.

KurohaneShizumi
11-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm going to see about getting a room for Thursday night as well as Fri/Sat this year, because digging through suitcases and changing in the lobby bathroom on Friday morning because we didn't have a room yet was not fun. XD

Getting a room for Thursday is a really good idea if you've got the money/room mates for it. Tooooootally worth it a billion times over. ^_~ In all my years going, I've never regreted paying for the extra day.

anything I should know?

This is really hard to answer. XD Metro encompasses a lot. Is there something specific you'd like to know about?

PhantasmaJun
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
metrocon is amazing I have been 4 years and this will be my fifth year and all I can say is I took my family for three of the years and didn't spend alot of money I normally save $1,000 and have bout $200 left when its over (and thats a family of five) I drove from Tallahassee (4-5 hours away) and gas was only $150 there and back (and I got lost in tampa for like an hour lawl my first time driving there by mayself my two brothers came with me XD) so yeah it is pretty afforable and it is a good idea to bring a swim suit even if you think you wont want to swim there is a pretty beach there. make sure you pack early so you dont for get any important cosplay items (sewing kit, safety pins) I would recommend buying grocery type food when you get there cause fast food gets old fast. bring personal hygene items because there are thousands of people and it gets hot. get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water. I agree with getting there on Thursday I started doing this also two years ago and it is awesome to get to enjoy Tampa and not just the convention, also there are parties and cool gatherings before the con. I feel your pain when I was new to big cons and stuck going to little Freecon in Tallahassee I really didn't know what to expect at a larger one but Metrocon has a nice following and I haven't met anyone who was just rude (flugtag doesn't count XD ) finally I am a larger cosplayer and I found otaku here to be very welcoming and warm about not considering weight an issue in cosplay. I hope I helped a little and I really wish you a fantastic time at Metrocon 2010! (sorry for run on paragraph i'm just too cool to fix it XD j/k ) the most important thing is have fun! <3

Jasmine

Braithcakes
11-20-2009, 04:52 AM
:'D kay.

at least I wont be...alone, I met the runners of the metrocon rave at spooky empire this year, so....I wont feel too awkward there.

what kind of contests are at metrocon? >-> hall contest?

KurohaneShizumi
11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
what kind of contests are at metrocon? >-> hall contest?

Yup. They have a Hall Costume Contest, normal Costume Contest, and Cosplay Contest (skits and stuff).

But if those don't tickle your fancy, they have the AMV contest, Anime Idol (singing contest) and, as of last year, this special Team Cosplay Contest where you and several other people (3+, I think) put together a whole cosplay in a few hours.

Of course, they also have video game tournaments as well.

Oh! I think they also had this picture contest? Where, like, you submitted a cosplay or con-related photo and the best one won? Something like that? (Did anyone else hear about that?)

Braithcakes
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
what constitutes the hall contest??

And the..normal contest?

Skits sound SUPER fun! if I could get a group =[

and uhm....Anime idol? That sounds right up my ally((I'm a singer))

TheSurfingDonut
11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm so glad someone finally made a thread for next year. I've been wanting to do it myself but I've been uber busy. I'm so excited! I can't wait for the site to get back up to see what it looks like. I'm kind of bumbed I won't be able to audition for mascot this year since I'm moving up to gainesville, so if I made it, that drives would be too much on my bank account. Anyone else trying for mascot this year??

Divine Dragon
11-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm so glad someone finally made a thread for next year. I've been wanting to do it myself but I've been uber busy. I'm so excited! I can't wait for the site to get back up to see what it looks like. I'm kind of bumbed I won't be able to audition for mascot this year since I'm moving up to gainesville, so if I made it, that drives would be too much on my bank account. Anyone else trying for mascot this year??

Since they're allowing guys to be mascots now, I'll probably try out for mascot as well as the chess match. If you're moving to Gainesville, come check out our anime club at UF.

NoctisNox
11-21-2009, 10:06 PM
this is extremely exciting, to actually know the date (get to start planning..i really need to make a time map.) This is my first con.... =/

How long are the days typically? and I don't really know anyone that is into cosplay, so is it easy to meet people? (sorry...im a little bit of a newb...lol)

AlexXIII
11-22-2009, 08:54 AM
this is extremely exciting, to actually know the date (get to start planning..i really need to make a time map.) This is my first con.... =/

How long are the days typically? and I don't really know anyone that is into cosplay, so is it easy to meet people? (sorry...im a little bit of a newb...lol)

Um, I think that its basically an all day thing and into early mornings..especially since there are two raves, one on Friday and one on Saturday. The site isnt up and running yet for metro yet...hopefully soon

And about the pple, yes. It is very easy to find pple to chat with and hangout. Thats how me and my friend were able to stay the night with some awsome pple we met at the con on saturday^__^ People pretty friendly for the most part

Hime no Toki
11-22-2009, 09:13 AM
what constitutes the hall contest??

And the..normal contest?

Skits sound SUPER fun! if I could get a group =[

and uhm....Anime idol? That sounds right up my ally((I'm a singer))

Hall contest : You go to the hall contest table and get your photo taken and people (con-goers) will vote on the photos of the contestants once all the entries have been accounted for. It's mostly a visual contest, congoers will usually vote for the costumes that stand out to them the most, for whatever reason. It's a fun, easy going contest.

Masquerade : This is the Saturday evening contest, with both skits and costumes (the walk-ons) being judged. If you're doing a skit, you have the option of having your skit and costume both judged, or just the skit. There are awards for both performances and the costumes, and Best in Show usually goes to the skit that has both the best overall performance and craftsmanship (quality of costume), but sometimes it will go to whoever the judges felt was the overall best, last year it was the Jojo ladies for their outstandingly good craftsmanship - they only did a walk-on but the judges deemed them the best, and it's up to the judges discretion.

Anime Idol : Sometime next year they will open up Anime Idol and you will send in a CD with you singing and a couple of weeks before they con, ten people will be selected to perform at Metrocon for Anime Idol.

kayla364
11-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Typically, the days are over with at 11, that's when the rave starts and since a lot of people go to the raves, the con doesn't have too many people there. The hotel conecting does. I really recomend getting the hotel connecting to the con,(If you have a little extra money) it's a blast.

Braithcakes
11-22-2009, 11:04 AM
:o

oooooooooooooooooo

masquerade sounds fun if I had a group ;_;

KurohaneShizumi
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Events usually start at 10 AM on all days. Friday and Saturday, they end at 3 AM. And Sunday the events end at 6 PM. ^_^

Thank you Hime no Toki. I tried to answer his question but the PS3 wouldn't let me do it. O_o

NoctisNox
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
awesome. thanks! i've heard about raves and whatnot. they seem like a blast. :)

well i live next to tampa so i wasn't planning on getting a hotel. :/ but im kind of thinking i should...lol

Braithcakes
11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
the people running the metrocon rave next year are really cool people :] they said it's going to probably be better than before because they had more funding.

and uhh....yeah. as long as nobody SPRAYS MACE IN THE EFFING WATER like they did at jacon 09 =.=

kayla364
11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Sprays Mace in the water?

Divine Dragon
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Actually, the masquerade is not the contest. Metrocon's masquerade is a dance with a show and performers. The Cosplay Carnivale is the cosplay contest. The masquerade is usually on Friday night and the cosplay contest is on Saturday afternoon.

Braithcakes
11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
*JUMPS WITH JOY*

you mean metro actually has a MASQUERADE masquerade?

like...formal dress versions of cosplay? formal dress? masks?

0_0 *jumps up and down and piddles on a hydrant*

because...I....LOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE masquerades. and I actually made a really pretty red leather mask that looks like my character's face markings and stuff....it's so pretty pretty <3

I call it....the fang mask :D

so uhm...that's what this is, riggghhhhttt?

if so, I'll be very happy and....will be all excited.

kayla364
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
*JUMPS WITH JOY*

you mean metro actually has a MASQUERADE masquerade?

like...formal dress versions of cosplay? formal dress? masks?

0_0 *jumps up and down and piddles on a hydrant*

because...I....LOVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE masquerades. and I actually made a really pretty red leather mask that looks like my character's face markings and stuff....it's so pretty pretty <3

I call it....the fang mask :D

so uhm...that's what this is, riggghhhhttt?

if so, I'll be very happy and....will be all excited.

yes, It's a formal dance. People are encouraged to create formal wear of the character they are cosplaying. And masks for that matter.

Braithcakes
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
good good >:] because I actually made a mask for my kiba cosplay... It's a deep red leather that covers the eye and branches off into fangs like his face-markings.

I'm not so sure how to make the body of his formal wear though...because it still has to be...like...tribal, I'm thinking about making a prom-esque outfit and Putting like....fangs and feathers about it.

:] is it fun? I bet it's fun :3

Hime no Toki
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Actually, the masquerade is not the contest. Metrocon's masquerade is a dance with a show and performers. The Cosplay Carnivale is the cosplay contest. The masquerade is usually on Friday night and the cosplay contest is on Saturday afternoon.

At many cons, the masquerade is what the costume contest is referred to as...for whatever reason, in Florida, this is not the case at any of the cons I have gone to. But yes, the masquerade at Metro is the formal dance, masks required.

KurohaneShizumi
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
At many cons, the masquerade is what the costume contest is referred to as...for whatever reason, in Florida, this is not the case at any of the cons I have gone to. But yes, the masquerade at Metro is the formal dance, masks required.

I think Metro doesn't call the cosplay contests and such "masquerades" because of the actual masque but I have no idea why all of Florida doesn't. I've never been to cons outside of FL so I was confused the first time I heard said in that context. XD

KohakuWolf
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
The Masquerade is actually one of my favorite things about MetroCon. :D

But I do have two complaints....one being the generally uniform and difficult to dance to music, and also the fact that you have to stop talking and dancing and sit on the floor every two songs or so to watch the skit. The skits are fine and all, but lots of times the microphones/sound systems mess up and then people in the audience can't hear the performers and have no idea what's going on. I talked to a lot of Metro attendees about it, and there was a general consensus that the Masquerade would be a lot better if it was just a formal ballroom dance without the random skit laced in throughout the evening. It would be nice if the masquerade and the skit were two separate events, but together as one it can be sort of irritating.

I mean, I would finally get into the dancing and then suddenly the music gets cut off and I have to sit on the dirty ground, in my fancy expensive dress, to watch scenes that I honestly don't really care about. D: I'm not putting down any of the performers or anything, I have nothing against them, and I know they work hard for the Masquerade.... but I think it would be a much better event without the story being acted out on stage all night long. It kind of robs the Masq. of some of its charm and magic, in my opinion.

It would be a thrilling event just with the playing of classy music and formal dancing the whole time. Don't underestimate the value of simplicity in events like these. :)

Divine Dragon
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeah, it's weird. At Anime Expo, they had a "masquerade ball" which was the dance, and a "masquerade" which was the contest.

But I do have two complaints....one being the generally uniform and difficult to dance to music, and also the fact that you have to stop talking and dancing and sit on the floor every two songs or so to watch the skit. The skits are fine and all, but lots of times the microphones/sound systems mess up and then people in the audience can't hear the performers and have no idea what's going on. I talked to a lot of Metro attendees about it, and there was a general consensus that the Masquerade would be a lot better if it was just a formal ballroom dance without the random skit laced in throughout the evening. It would be nice if the masquerade and the skit were two separate events, but together as one it can be sort of irritating.

I mean, I would finally get into the dancing and then suddenly the music gets cut off and I have to sit on the dirty ground, in my fancy expensive dress, to watch scenes that I honestly don't really care about. D: I'm not putting down any of the performers or anything, I have nothing against them, and I know they work hard for the Masquerade.... but I think it would be a much better event without the story being acted out on stage all night long. It kind of robs the Masq. of some of its charm and magic, in my opinion.

It would be a thrilling event just with the playing of classy music and formal dancing the whole time. Don't underestimate the value of simplicity in events like these. :)

Well, at Jacon, they had a plain and simple masquerade. It claimed to have a FF theme, but when we got there they just played random music and that was it. My friend and I didn't stay very long because it started getting boring kind of fast. When she and I went to Metro's masquerade, we had a much better time. I feel the skits gave the dance more of a theme and helped keep our interest (we stayed until the end). We liked how some of the actors came into the crowd and interacted with some of us during the songs. I think the skits gave the masquerade charm rather than took it away. I totally agree with you about the music being hard to dance to. Metro's music just felt awkward.

Braithcakes
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
then I need to start working on the detailing of my mask.

and the detailing to make a formal attire still pertain to my cosplay.

and then! I should make akumaru a little mask and tux.

KurohaneShizumi
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
But I do have two complaints....one being the generally uniform and difficult to dance to music, and also the fact that you have to stop talking and dancing and sit on the floor every two songs or so to watch the skit.

I'm not going to quote your whole reply because it was looooong, but yeah. ^_^;;

Metro's masque has always had a theme. Always. Granted, before it was much cooler because it was one, single source (Final Fantasy to be exact). I, personally, was not super happy when they started mixing up the sources just because in my head I was always like, "When in the world would a school girl from Japan and a rebel Prince from a space colony ever going to meet?! Like, really?" I liked how nice and simple the FF themes were. I especially loved their FF9 Ball in '06. ^_^ The audience even part-took in some of the events of the masque (Garnet was wandering around the crowd XD).

The whole sitting on the ground thing was brand-new to this year's masque. I don't remember ever doing that before, and you're right, that was certainly not pleasant. Also, usually the stopping was dragged out longer (like, every 10 songs or so) and they never ended in the middle of a song. To my remembrance, I don't think they changed that last year either.

But certainly you should stop talking loudly. And even so, I second getting more mics for the performers. For the Chess Match performers as well. Those events are huge and it's always very hard to hear even with everyone deathly silent. :/

KurohaneShizumi
11-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Oh, I also wanted to let Braithcakes know that Metro has a very strict security check before each of the dances. They check bags and baggy pockets and all that, so you can rest assured that the dances will be drug-free, alcohol-free, smoke-free, mace-free, ect. ^_^

And on that same note, Metro also has a strict, no-sign policy (the only exception being that it is part of your cosplay) and a no-glomping policy (this is to reduce accidents that might occur). Metro's very big and if one little thing happens, it effects a lot of things. ^_^;;

Braithcakes
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
holy crap you have no idea how happy that makes me, no glomping :]

At anime festival orlando i was glomped and sustained a bruise on my buttox....mahhh bootay D:

it hurt to sit the day after :{

and bag checks is good, but uhm...do they let you bring your own snacks? :3 I always pack snacks in a tiny backpack.

and since they have a security check, if I'm bringing my kunai props, should I take my wooden ones? because I have steel ones that aren't sharp, but they're still, which could be considered dangerous.

>_> will they be anal that my gloves and headband are metal...?

aaaaaaand.....now I'm sad that you said they had an FF9 ball, I love that game ;_; my first cosplay ever was zorn D:

PhantasmaJun
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
snacks and water are allowed I'm not sure about in the masq but they dont do checks before you enter the convention center. however you are to check your weapons in at the weapon check during registration. and steel weapons are not allowed wood should be ok as long as its not a big blunt piece of wood XD that you can bash zombies with and the metal on your head band and gloves dont matter as long as it is not sharp. so your good :3 they'll have the rules up when the site it up again so dont worry. its gonna be awesome this year I cant wait ^o^ glad metro is your first large con it was mine too

Braithcakes
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/66wymp.jpg

if all goes well, I'll look something like that

I'm carving little wooden kunai that look pretty cute, I think I'm going to stain them a deep wood color.

KohakuWolf
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Metro's masque has always had a theme. Always. Granted, before it was much cooler because it was one, single source (Final Fantasy to be exact). I, personally, was not super happy when they started mixing up the sources just because in my head I was always like, "When in the world would a school girl from Japan and a rebel Prince from a space colony ever going to meet?! Like, really?" I liked how nice and simple the FF themes were. I especially loved their FF9 Ball in '06. ^_^ The audience even part-took in some of the events of the masque (Garnet was wandering around the crowd XD).

Now THAT sounds cool!! I love FF9!!! ^.^ Yeah, last year's Metro was my first time attending the Masquerade. It quickly became one of my absolute favorite events just because it was a formal ball with actual dancing (not the typical prom-style Flo-Rider business) and because of the fancy outfits that people were wearing. XD But I would have liked it a thousand times more if it had been Final Fantasy themed, I don't know why they would change that...... I certainly don't mind the Masq. having a theme, as long as it's something that mostly everyone is both acquainted with and interested in. However, I wasn't really very concerned with the skit last MetroCon. Some of my friends actually left only about an hour into the event because they were tired of having to stop dancing so frequently and were bored with the acts. It sounds like the masquerades were much better before since they had prolonged dance time, a consistent and basic theme, and did not require you to sit so often. D:
Oh, and I definitely understand that people have to stop talking even as just a common courtesy to the performers and the audience, but especially with the sound system not being very loud. I just did not enjoy the abrupt silence-sit-stand-dance-repeat routine. :p

KurohaneShizumi
11-23-2009, 09:54 PM
and bag checks is good, but uhm...do they let you bring your own snacks? :3 I always pack snacks in a tiny backpack.

and since they have a security check, if I'm bringing my kunai props, should I take my wooden ones? because I have steel ones that aren't sharp, but they're still, which could be considered dangerous.

>_> will they be anal that my gloves and headband are metal...?

I also bring snacks. XD That's no problem at all. ^_^ I would highly suggest wooden props wherever you can just to be on the safe side. The headband and glove metal should be no problem, so long as they aren't sharp, as Jun said. ^_^

But I would have liked it a thousand times more if it had been Final Fantasy themed, I don't know why they would change that..

I think they just ran out of games to base it off of and they didn't want to redo them. But I agree that, especially last year, the skits were many and too... cluttered. I really don't care if they don't use FF, I just don't want them to shove Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Utena, and Full Metal Alchemist into one hideous show (which is what you get: hideousness). Again, I agree with the mic situation. *nodnod*

Braithcakes
11-23-2009, 10:02 PM
ugh ._. my only problem with metro is getting a hotel room =.=

idk if I'll be able to get one D:

TheSurfingDonut
11-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Since they're allowing guys to be mascots now, I'll probably try out for mascot as well as the chess match. If you're moving to Gainesville, come check out our anime club at UF.

I definitely will! And good luck with tryouts.

This year it would be nice to finally volunteer.
I want to every year but I'm never fast enough
at getting the good time slots

Hime no Toki
11-25-2009, 03:28 PM
MetroCon has a strict policy with not allowing outside food into the convention center...or rather, it's the convention center policy. They want you to buy food from the vendors and not bring in food from outside sources. Granted, I'm sure people do happen to get away with it, but I'm just throwing that out there as a precaution. I was part of a group that used to host the Ouran panel, and we wanted to have snacks for the guests but they didn't allow us to do that.

KurohaneShizumi
11-25-2009, 03:46 PM
MetroCon has a strict policy with not allowing outside food into the convention center...or rather, it's the convention center policy. They want you to buy food from the vendors and not bring in food from outside sources. Granted, I'm sure people do happen to get away with it, but I'm just throwing that out there as a precaution. I was part of a group that used to host the Ouran panel, and we wanted to have snacks for the guests but they didn't allow us to do that.

Oh, woops. D: I actually remember that. XD

I would totally buy from the con center if it wasn't so freakin' expensive. D: I usually take lunch breaks in my hotel room and bring a water bottle with me everywhere.

Braithcakes
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Convention centers have the intelligence in business of a flea.

Cheaper prices=people are more likely to buy= the revenue they recieve will be MUCH more.

oh well, I guess they just wont get my business, I'll buy elsewhere :] and eat out somewhere. I don't mind walking from the con center, I'm young and in shape....and I can always make akumaru growl at them >:{

DERF

I'll probably be having a hotel room for metro, I actually might....need to book a room WITH someone, soooooooooo I'll definitely bring food to the hotel.

KurohaneShizumi
11-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Convention centers have the intelligence in business of a flea.

Cheaper prices=people are more likely to buy= the revenue they recieve will be MUCH more.

I'll probably be having a hotel room for metro, I actually might....need to book a room WITH someone, soooooooooo I'll definitely bring food to the hotel.

Totally.

There's a Publix within walking distance of the con and if you end up staying at the Embassy (which is connected to the con center) they have a microwave, mini-fridge, pantry space, coffee maker, and sink in each of the rooms.

In other words: It's a great idea. XD

Hime no Toki
11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Publix is definatley your best bet. The food at the convention center is pretty expensive...though they did have a sweet smoothie stand that was worth it (OMG AWESOME PINA COLADAS), the other food was outrageously priced. They think that by banning food from the con center will force people into paying the high price, but there definately are other options. There are also snack machines, but $3 for a Coke is pretty crazy, too!

KurohaneShizumi
11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Publix is definatley your best bet. The food at the convention center is pretty expensive...though they did have a sweet smoothie stand that was worth it (OMG AWESOME PINA COLADAS), the other food was outrageously priced. They think that by banning food from the con center will force people into paying the high price, but there definately are other options. There are also snack machines, but $3 for a Coke is pretty crazy, too!

Jamba Juice. YES. They were to die for. =w=

Ugh. For sure. I was super hungry Sunday because we woke up later than we wanted to and I ended up missing out on breakfast . I ended up buying food from the con center. =_= Not cool. It's a good thing I didn't have to buy a drink thanks to my handy-dandy water bottle. XD

Braithcakes
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
they let you bring in waters?

KurohaneShizumi
11-25-2009, 10:20 PM
they let you bring in waters?

*shrug* I always bring a bag with me. That bag always has a water bottle, my make-up bag, contact stuff, my wallet, camera and cell phone and sometimes other, cosplay-related things (like gloves if I decide to take them off), ect.

They don't just check your bag. If I ever brought the bag with me to any of the dances, they might go "hrm" but I never do, so I've never found out.

But I don't think they'd go haywire 'cause if I'm not mistaken they have water fountains. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

PhantasmaJun
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
what I was trying to say earlier but was in a hurry is no out side food in the con but if the con sells chips and drinks no one will know the difference if you have chips and drinks XD but dont bring like a cake or something that will bring attention to yourself I have brought pocky(they sell it in vendor room) chips and drinks and no one bothers me cause who can be sure you didn't buy them from a vendor. I have never been bothered about food at Metrocon but dont bring food for a mass amount of people just for yourself. it is a good idea to follow the rules but when it comes to your health you need to eat and drink and con food as said before is not the cheapest thing which leads to you skipping meals which is not healthy not that chips are but atleast it is something in your stomach. (i've brought poptarts and breakfast bars not recommended if you dont wanna get caught but as I said before you eating a breakfast bar is the last thing on convention staff's mind believe me XD )

Braithcakes
11-26-2009, 07:59 PM
so true :P but alot of cons are SUPER anal about stuff like that.

BeccaZeZombie
11-27-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm so excited for the next Metrocon!
I went this year with some friends and it was so amazing! People their are so nice. :3
But about the food thing.
A lot of people just walked down to the Subway that's down the street from the Tampa convention center. Haha my friends and I got lost on our way there.
But it's really simple once you find your way. ^-^

Braithcakes
11-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Subway Subway Omnomnomnom :d

KohakuWolf
11-27-2009, 10:32 PM
A lot of people just walked down to the Subway that's down the street from the Tampa convention center. Haha my friends and I got lost on our way there.
But it's really simple once you find your way. ^-^

LOL my friends and I went to Subway for food last year, too!!! We didn't stay at the official Metro hotel, so we had to walk a few blocks back and forth between the convention center and our hotel anyway... so we figured we might as well stop and get some Subway on the way, lol!
It was great because when we first walked in, all the 'norms' were giving us "WTF o_O" looks, but then a few minutes later a ton of other cosplayers walked in too. Strength in numbers, people..... strength in numbers. XD

By the way everyone, the MetroCon site seems to be up and running again. It hasn't really been updated, but hey, at least it exists again. :D

KurohaneShizumi
11-27-2009, 10:37 PM
By the way everyone, the MetroCon site seems to be up and running again. It hasn't really been updated, but hey, at least it exists again. :D

Yay~ That means the sever's been fixed. ^_^ Hopefully that also means the website will be updated for next year soon.

BeccaZeZombie
11-27-2009, 11:42 PM
LOL my friends and I went to Subway for food last year, too!!! We didn't stay at the official Metro hotel, so we had to walk a few blocks back and forth between the convention center and our hotel anyway... so we figured we might as well stop and get some Subway on the way, lol!
It was great because when we first walked in, all the 'norms' were giving us "WTF o_O" looks, but then a few minutes later a ton of other cosplayers walked in too. Strength in numbers, people..... strength in numbers. XD

When we went the line was so long. >.<
A boat load of cosplayers were there. I was thinking the whole time walking there that we were gonna be the only weirdly dressed people there and all the norms were going to be frightened. Haha. xD
Oh yay!! the sites up!
Hopefully they'll update it soon. ^-^

AlexXIII
11-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Yay~ That means the sever's been fixed. ^_^ Hopefully that also means the website will be updated for next year soon.

I just checked it today, and I really cant wait for them to update! I'm sooo excited!^___^

Zrigeist
11-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Ah, I can't describe how excited I am for the upcoming Metrocon,
such good memories, and more to be made.

As far as food goes, there's a good Thai place that has some excellent eats, but we settled for Chinese last year, seeing as it's a much closer walk from the Convention center.
8D

Braithcakes
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
so...I have a mask for the masquerade now.

boyfriend brought it back from vegas, it is a real italian leather masquerade mask and it was like 500$ T_T it's soooo pretty it looks like stained glass framed in gold 0_0

so...I have a new goal cosplay for metrocon.

Ezio, from assassin's creed, because everybody loves a nobleman who kills people.

kayla364
11-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Ninja vs. Samurai? This is the second year I won't be going with the theme! Damn.

And be ready for lots of Naruto cosplayers with that theme.

Zrigeist
11-29-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm definitely not thrilled by the theme. I certainly won't be dressed to match this year, either.

PhantasmaJun
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I think it should have been old school anime vs. new school :3 that would be awesome older anime gets no love XD

kayla364
11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I think it should have been old school anime vs. new school :3 that would be awesome older anime gets no love XD

I agree, and I think that it would have brought out more new animes for peoples viewing pleasure. I'm not thrilled at all actually. I think Metro should have a poll of some sorts on there site, you know? Have like 4 different themes and have people vote? I think that would be nice : )

KurohaneShizumi
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I discussed the whole theme thing with a friend of mine and we've come to the conclusion that it's more for the chess match than for the cosplayers. Honestly, whenever Metro rolls around, my cosplays have never matched the theme. And I don't just rearrange my plans because of it, so I never fit it. Seriously, it's probably all for the chess match.

Braithcakes
11-29-2009, 08:04 PM
>< I already planned on naruto cosplay.

yayyyyy

ShiNo_Usagi
11-29-2009, 08:24 PM
I've got one or 2 things I plan to wear if I do attend this year. I think the last time I went was '07. It all depends on work (if I even have a job by then) and if I am taking any summer classes. Also have to find out if anyone I know is going and if I can room with them or else I may just drive down for a day.

Braithcakes
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I hear ya about the job demon xD

and if I end up getting a room with my boyfriend, I'm sure you could probably stay there, because I'm guessing it'd be a two bed room, and me and him sleep in the same bed...and it's always nice to have other people there.

but that's if we even get a room :\ if he even ends up coming with me

KohakuWolf
11-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Ninja vs. Samurai? This is the second year I won't be going with the theme!

........Ninja vs. Samurai? Really? >_>
Ugh. That just doesn't seem like an exciting theme to me..... maybe just because so many people already cosplay ninjas as it is.
But then again, not many people really pay much attention to the theme anyway. Lol! :p

PandaTeddy
11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
My plans so far are to go, I'll probably drive down there for a day since I live so close. This will be my first year going; I'd planned to go this year (2009), but other things came up so hopefully I can go this year (2010). My costume plans still aren't set in stone, but my plans so far are to make a Mion Sonozaki costume and bring my sister along as my Shion. ^^

BeccaZeZombie
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't think people really follow the theme anyways, last year was Steampunk and I didn't see many people dressed up for that... a bunch of vendors were selling Steampunk gear though. ^w^

Braithcakes
11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
don't judge me for my love of naruto D:

Divine Dragon
11-30-2009, 01:01 AM
........Ninja vs. Samurai? Really? >_>
Ugh. That just doesn't seem like an exciting theme to me..... maybe just because so many people already cosplay ninjas as it is.
But then again, not many people really pay much attention to the theme anyway. Lol! :p

Ninja vs Samurai? Now I'm clueless on what kind of costume to design for the mascot tryouts that isn't some generic ninja or samurai outfit. They really need to try better with these themes.

kin_sama
11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Hm, I actually like the Ninja vs. Samurai theme. I think the two go hand in hand: Japanese, from the old times, warriors, etc. There are plenty of anime that has samurai warriors (Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Peace Maker Kurogane, etc.) and ninja warriors (Naruto, Ninja Cades, Wrath of the Ninja, Flame of Recca, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Inu Yasha, Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection, etc.), not to mention many video games with this theme.

I do agree, however, that this theme does not encompass the majority of anime. Yet, if every year we would have a very broad theme, there wouldn't be much difference between having a theme or not. It is, probably, mostly designed for the theme of events that Metro is throwing in 2010, as well as is a good suggestion of which costumes to wear and which to lay off for another time (such as, if you have a ninja costume in your cosplay wardrobe, you might very likely pick the ninja costume to wear on one of the days at the con).

One little complaint that I have for this theme is that it targets the majority of male con-goers. This is because many ninja and samurai are male, and a lot more guys are into these themes' anime/manga/video games. Which means that there are less girls that can take the advantage of the theme this time, than guys. But then again, meh, it's just a theme.

Zrigeist
11-30-2009, 01:58 AM
On the bright side, this does sort of make things easier for me.

Just a question, have any of you participated in the Chess match before?

KurohaneShizumi
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeaaaaah, like, I said, I think the theme is more for the chess match and other events and less for the cosplayers in general.

I have a ton of samurai/ninja on my cosplay list but... I wasn't planning on having them ready for this year's MetroCon. ):

I always plan my costumes for it months in advance and they end up never coinciding with the theme. XD Just my luck. But oh well.

Ninja vs Samurai? Now I'm clueless on what kind of costume to design for the mascot tryouts that isn't some generic ninja or samurai outfit. They really need to try better with these themes.

Ahhh. That's true. The mascots will be pretty straight-forward. Unless you want to throw unique armor and weapons and stuff on them. You could always use an anime's version of them to inspire your design of it. (Samurai 7 has steampunk samurai. And of course Naruto's ninja are all pretty unique. You could use certain groups to base the costumes on, like Shinsengumi robes for the samurai, ect.) You could make the boys samurai and the girls ninja (kunoichi), even.

But good luck! At least your task will be somewhat easy?

SoedBlackChaos
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
On the bright side, this does sort of make things easier for me.

Just a question, have any of you participated in the Chess match before?

There are quite a few previous cast-members here on Coscom, but there are even more registered on the AnimeMetro forums. What would you like to know?

Zrigeist
11-30-2009, 12:53 PM
There are quite a few previous cast-members here on Coscom, but there are even more registered on the AnimeMetro forums. What would you like to know?

I posted in the chess match thread on here to remove the idea of spam,
but I just have some questions about the process and things like that.

AlexXIII
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Ninja vs. Samurai? This is the second year I won't be going with the theme! Damn.

And be ready for lots of Naruto cosplayers with that theme.

Yeah, it really sucks, I was thinking about cosplaying from Bleach but I dont think i will...dont have the money

KohakuWolf
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM
don't judge me for my love of naruto D:

LOL I love Naruto too, but having ninjas as a theme (even if just for the Chess Match participants) seems rather redundant.

Hm, I actually like the Ninja vs. Samurai theme. I think the two go hand in hand: Japanese, from the old times, warriors, etc. There are plenty of anime that has samurai warriors (Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Peace Maker Kurogane, etc.) and ninja warriors (Naruto, Ninja Cades, Wrath of the Ninja, Flame of Recca, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Inu Yasha, Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection, etc.), not to mention many video games with this theme.

I am a huge fan of almost all of the series you mentioned, and I think that samurais in general are fascinating. :D The thing about having both ninjas and samurais as a main theme that irks me is just the fact that there are so many series concerning one or both of these types of warriors, and it seems like a bit of a cop-out to just slap on a theme that correlates with what is already so often done in terms of cosplay. I think it would have been a lot cooler if they selected a really unique or perhaps even old-school theme, one that is not already so popular and ordinary. ^^;

KurohaneShizumi
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey guys! Metro's LJ comm said that they're hoping to have the new, 2010 site AND pre-registration up by next week! Let's all cross our fingers that it's up by then! >_<

AlexXIII
11-30-2009, 05:07 PM
yay!

SoedBlackChaos
12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I posted in the chess match thread on here to remove the idea of spam,
but I just have some questions about the process and things like that.
Okay, in the interest of staying spam-free, I'll answer you over there then. ^_^

Omi
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Uhm I'm totally gonna be there! ^o^

Okay I just felt like randomly posting...
And I am getting more and more excited as audition month is coming near! xD
I hope to be able to try out again this year.
;o;

SoedBlackChaos
12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Uhm I'm totally gonna be there! ^o^

Okay I just felt like randomly posting...
And I am getting more and more excited as audition month is coming near! xD
I hope to be able to try out again this year.
;o;

If you weren't going to be there, I'd hunt you down and pop your head like a grape! Remember, we're finally going to match this year! Satella whoot! Oh, were you still interested in sharing a table in AA? Or would you prefer to focus solely on getting to try-outs and chess/masque?

Braithcakes
12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Soed, I read that as "poop on your head like a grape" and was like EEWWWWW D:

I'm so excited for metro, if I don't go to metro I'm going to otakon, but I would rather get a hotel for metro, because then I can see my friend who lives up near tampa.

aarrrrghhhh.

uhm....so....how big is metrocon's dealers room? I might just have to start saving up for that now and then Use my birthday money for it as well, since my parents will be paying for a hotel room.

KurohaneShizumi
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
how big is metrocon's dealers room?

It's pretty big. If you take a look at this (http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=4246), you'll see it covers two large ballrooms and a smaller ballroom (B-D).

Kyte27
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Metrocon is gonna be my first out-of-state con! I'm so excited!

Btw, what's the closest hotel to the convention center? Since its all new to me, I wanna stay in the closest hotel =)

kayla364
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Metrocon is gonna be my first out-of-state con! I'm so excited!

Btw, what's the closest hotel to the convention center? Since its all new to me, I wanna stay in the closest hotel =)

A lot of people have been starting to come out of state for Metro, I was surprised by the amount of people that DIDN'T live in Florida that came. It was nice, though.

Braithcakes
12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
oh goodness, that's a VERY large room...rooms...yes, rooms.

wow ><

Zrigeist
12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
The Hyatt is the hotel closest to the convention center where it's at,
it's actually conected to the building. =w=

Man, never realize there's so much space used for the dealer's room.
There's always so many people, it just seems so swallowed up.

PhantasmaJun
12-02-2009, 07:49 PM
The Hyatt is the hotel closest to the convention center where it's at,
it's actually conected to the building. =w=

Man, never realize there's so much space used for the dealer's room.
There's always so many people, it just seems so swallowed up.

thought the Embassy was connected to Metrocon (convention center)
http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/TPAESES-Embassy-Suites-Tampa-Downtown-Convention-Center-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=ECDDC90C3D962CC81DCFFA38C85AC4 71.etc64?brand_id=ES&brand_directory=/en/es/&xch=529184110,2QHDXBYFCLEE4CSGBJN2VCQ

you can walk across the bridge and go right to the convention center.

Foos
12-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I'll be there! I was stuck in the judging room last year and didn't get to do much, so this year I'll be running free in various Monster Hunter cosplays. XD

KurohaneShizumi
12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I'll be there! I was stuck in the judging room last year and didn't get to do much, so this year I'll be running free in various Monster Hunter cosplays. XD

XDDD Awesome! Can't wait to see you, Foos. Always a pleasure.

I'll be bringing my newly finished Subaru for you. :3

Zrigeist
12-03-2009, 09:30 AM
thought the Embassy was connected to Metrocon (convention center)
http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/TPAESES-Embassy-Suites-Tampa-Downtown-Convention-Center-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=ECDDC90C3D962CC81DCFFA38C85AC4 71.etc64?brand_id=ES&brand_directory=/en/es/&xch=529184110,2QHDXBYFCLEE4CSGBJN2VCQ

you can walk across the bridge and go right to the convention center.

Ha, so you're right.
My mistake, I always get the two confused. :toothy:

PhantasmaJun
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Ha, so you're right.
My mistake, I always get the two confused. :toothy:

no biggie the Hyatt is so beautiful it is easy to mistake it for the embassy :3 I really dont know which one i'll stay at this year

Zrigeist
12-03-2009, 10:12 PM
They are both really nice hotels.
I'm aiming to stay at the embassy this coming year, but I shall have to see if funs are in my favor when the time comes closer.

KurohaneShizumi
12-04-2009, 08:25 AM
They are both really nice hotels.
I'm aiming to stay at the embassy this coming year, but I shall have to see if funs are in my favor when the time comes closer.

Just an fyi, the Embassy fills up ridiculously fast. Last year, I went to book our room in March, and all the double bedded rooms were all taken up already! O_o; If you didn't want a double bedded room, then you might not have any problems, but I had several room mates and the single bed was so not cool. :/

Omi
12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
SoedBlackChaos - Of course I'd be there! xD Haven't missed a Metro yet no matter how far I go! And hmm I'm gonna look at tryouts first then we shall talk about AA. ^o^

<3

Kyte - On the Metrocon site it should have the hotel as well as the ones surrounding the convention center.

There are a good three hotels around the convention center that are all walking distance. <3

KohakuWolf
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Just an fyi, the Embassy fills up ridiculously fast. Last year, I went to book our room in March, and all the double bedded rooms were all taken up already! O_o;

Are you SERIOUS??? That is wild!!! :eek: I'm glad you posted this, now I know that I can't slack on booking a room fir the Embassy.... I know I'll have roommates, so a double-bedded room would definitely be appreciated. XD

KurohaneShizumi
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Are you SERIOUS??? That is wild!!! :eek: I'm glad you posted this, now I know that I can't slack on booking a room fir the Embassy.... I know I'll have roommates, so a double-bedded room would definitely be appreciated. XD

Totally serious. We made it work by stuffing the chaise and love seat together to make a bed and one of my roomies didn't mind the floor, so it worked, but this year we're going to have at least 6 people, maybe 8 and we're definitely going to need the double beds, the sofa, and any floor space we can get. XD Simply book early. *nodnod*

Hime no Toki
12-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Plans are starting to take shape for me, so this is what I plan on wearing, all of which will be new costumes for 2010.

Mercedes - Odin Sphere
Princess Kraehe (Odile ver) - Princess Tutu
Lina Inverse - Slayers Revolution / Evolution-R

I wanted to make Smile Ciel, but there's no room for that...especially since I'll be so busy with what I have on my plate already!

Zrigeist
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Just an fyi, the Embassy fills up ridiculously fast. Last year, I went to book our room in March, and all the double bedded rooms were all taken up already! O_o; If you didn't want a double bedded room, then you might not have any problems, but I had several room mates and the single bed was so not cool. :/

Yeah, I know, I've heard from others about that sort of thing.
I was thinking of waiting until January or so when I got a better idea as to my roommates and such.

KurohaneShizumi
12-04-2009, 04:03 PM

I have a friend that will be so happy to hear this. XD

I was thinking of waiting until January or so when I got a better idea as to my roommates and such.

January should be good.

JellybeanQueen
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Alrighty, looks like my plans (at the moment >>) are Aerith Gainsborough (FFVII), Ashura (RG Veda), and HOPEFULLY the movie version of Edward Elric with my sister as Al. But we're still not sure if she'll be able to make it down for Metro. I'm also thinking of bringing Omi along, even though I know I'm going to roast under those layers.

Although if I could get a group together to do the flower shop versions of the Weiss boys...*ponders*

TheSurfingDonut
12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Mercedes - Odin Sphere

Does someone have a love for the swan princess? ^^

I still haven't made any definite plans when it comes to cosplaying.
But my boyfriend and I are definitely doing something as pair this year
so I'm super excited about that.

@KurohaneShizumi: I know exactly what you mean. I made my reservation over the phone in 08 and the lady told me I was lucky I only needed a single bed because that was all that was left for that weekend. For 09 I made my reservation as soon as it was available.

Hime no Toki
12-04-2009, 06:34 PM

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the Swan Lake reference, but yes, I certainly do!

Kraehe is a dream costume of mine, I'm trying to make next year be the year to make the costumes I always wanted to make. I love the Odile version, and haven't seen many cosplays of it, either.

Omi
12-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Yes!! xD

KohakuWolf
12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Alrighty, looks like my plans (at the moment >>) are Aerith Gainsborough (FFVII), Ashura (RG Veda), and HOPEFULLY the movie version of Edward Elric with my sister as Al. But we're still not sure if she'll be able to make it down for Metro. I'm also thinking of bringing Omi along, even though I know I'm going to roast under those layers.

Although if I could get a group together to do the flower shop versions of the Weiss boys...*ponders*

LOL hi Maggie!! :3
It'd be awesome to see you as Aerith again! We gotta hang out at Metro at some point. XD

JellybeanQueen
12-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Haha, definitely!^^ And oooo, I saw you mention doing Cosmos from Dissidia. Her design is so pretty.

PhantasmaJun
12-04-2009, 10:25 PM

woot I still cant believe your being Ashura too I haven't got over how awesome it is gonna be to take pictures together! :3 and have a CLAMP group in general this metrocon is gonna rock! I <3 the Weiss boys btw :3 Ran=love

OMG a Lina Inverse! <3 I am an early fan of Slayers and I am so happy to see more cosplayers (plus rev and evo are so beautifully animated who could resist!)

KohakuWolf
12-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Haha, definitely!^^ And oooo, I saw you mention doing Cosmos from Dissidia. Her design is so pretty.

I know, I fell in love with the design the second I saw it! ^o^ Cosmos is very regal looking, it would be awesome to make a costume like that. :D

Braithcakes
12-05-2009, 06:20 AM
hmm, So on friday...I might just bring my russian steampunk mechanic's assistant outfit to metro. Fluffy russian bomber hat, goggles, very long scarf, pretty black shirt with belts and armbands, loverrrly gloves, puffy pants, toolbags, and boots!

._. I'll die in the heat but I think...it's ok to melt

Zrigeist
12-06-2009, 04:20 AM
No need to worry too badly about the heat,
the building is air conditioned. :bigtu:
But yeah, it'll definitely be hot for me, too.
Tons of heavy latex in the summer, not smart, but looks cool.

Hime no Toki
12-06-2009, 10:17 AM
The convention center is pretty good with the AC. I wore layers of clothing and armor before and was okay, uncomfortable from all the pieces, but not hot. I know the Main Events room especially is really cool, so I don't think there's any need to worry even though the con takes place during the hottest time of the year.

KurohaneShizumi
12-06-2009, 11:31 AM
hmm, So on friday...I might just bring my russian steampunk mechanic's assistant outfit to metro. Fluffy russian bomber hat, goggles, very long scarf, pretty black shirt with belts and armbands, loverrrly gloves, puffy pants, toolbags, and boots!

._. I'll die in the heat but I think...it's ok to melt

You'll only die if you're wearing skin-tight leather. When I wore Yazoo, I almost died because the heat my body generated was trapped in the leather. But layers of normal fabric should be no biggie; you should be fine.

Braithcakes
12-06-2009, 02:21 PM
oh ok, because I have a hat that has fur on the inside, didn't wann abe like UGHHHH

TheSurfingDonut
12-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the Swan Lake reference, but yes, I certainly do!

Kraehe is a dream costume of mine, I'm trying to make next year be the year to make the costumes I always wanted to make. I love the Odile version, and haven't seen many cosplays of it, either.

I the swan lake story, I especially love princess tutu. I'm look forward to seeing your Kraehe.

I think I may finally tackle my dream cosplay this year; An amano inspired Rydia.

Hime no Toki
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Ooooh, good luck with that! :D It's been over two years since I made my Amano Rydia, it ate up so much time to make it but totally worth it. I still want to cosplay the DS version of Rydia, as well as The Afters version...maybe someday!

TheSurfingDonut
12-11-2009, 04:25 PM
For the Afters versions, are you looking to do the Japanese or the North American version?

Braithcakes
12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
*claps for excitement* this is gonna be soooooo muuuuch funnnn.

question: is steampunk generally accepted well at metrocon? like I said before, this is my first big convention ;_; megacon is still the biggest I've ever attended.

@hime: oooooo I can't wait to see them :]

KurohaneShizumi
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
question: is steampunk generally accepted well at metrocon?

I don't see why not. Steampunk was the theme last year and there were quite a few people dressed in that fashion.

KohakuWolf
12-11-2009, 06:51 PM
like I said before, this is my first big convention ;_; megacon is still the biggest I've ever attended.

Just out of curiosity.... which convention is actually bigger, Mega or Metro?

KurohaneShizumi
12-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity.... which convention is actually bigger, Mega or Metro?

Depends on how you categorize it. They're pretty neck-in-neck attendance and size-wise. Mega is often categorized as the biggest general convention in FL. Metro is classified as the biggest anime/game/ect convention in FL. Mega doesn't just cover anime, but other sci-fi/comics stuff as well.

Personally, I don't think it's really fair to compare the two since they're so different. Most people I know end up settling for Mega since it's closer (to S. FL) but if they could, they'd go to Metro since it focuses mainly on anime and stuff. Meh, you pick your battles. If you're willing to give the sci-fi stuff a shot or at least put up with it to get involved in the anime stuff, you go to Mega. If you just want the anime stuff, you go to Metro.

Since I'm a poor college student and like anime way more than sci-fi, I go to Metro. But I actually really wanna go to Mega one day just because I do like sci-fi too (Star Wars, Star Trek, Hercules, Xena: The Warrior Princess, ect.). I've also heard that a lot of really amazing cosplayers go to Mega. *A* So I wanna see that too. And I heard they have a Belly Dancing Leia! *A*

TheSurfingDonut
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Since I'm a poor college student and like anime way more than sci-fi, I go to Metro.

I feel your pain.

EDIT: If anyone's interested, this is a post on the Metro blog. http://community.livejournal.com/_metrocon/63325.html
If you read through the comments and follow that link in
the last one, it allows you to make your reservation at the Embassy.

Braithcakes
12-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Size wise in general Metrocon takes up almost 1.5x the space that megacon does though, I know that. So I know it's bigger space wise >< and the dealers room is much bigger

KohakuWolf
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
EDIT: If anyone's interested, this is a post on the Metro blog. http://community.livejournal.com/_metrocon/63325.html

OMG, THANK YOU!!!! :eek: I want to reserve a room as soon as possible! :D

Divine Dragon
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Size wise in general Metrocon takes up almost 1.5x the space that megacon does though, I know that. So I know it's bigger space wise >< and the dealers room is much bigger

If you're counting the whole Tampa convention center as Metro (including the parts Metro isn't using) then Metro is bigger. But no way is Metro's dealer room bigger than Mega's. Pretty much ALL of Megacon is one big dealers room, while Metro's dealers room takes up about 1/4 of the convention space at most. Didn't you say you've never been to Metro before?

KurohaneShizumi
12-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Didn't you say you've never been to Metro before?

There's a map of the floor space on Metro's website.

Oh woops! I'm the one that posted that. (My username is KurohaneShizumi everywhere.) I totally forgot to transfer that info! Thanks for sharing~

Braithcakes
12-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I meant the SPACE for it is bigger.

megacon's dealer room isn't bigger, it has more dealers, but cramped into a smaller space, therefore, seems smaller, I'm sure.

Divine Dragon
12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I meant the SPACE for it is bigger.

megacon's dealer room isn't bigger, it has more dealers, but cramped into a smaller space, therefore, seems smaller, I'm sure.

Yes, it is bigger. Mega's dealer's room has almost 50,000 square feet while the ballroom Metro uses for the dealer's room is only 36,000 square feet in total and since Metro doesn't use Ballroom A as part of the dealer's room, it's even smaller than that.

KohakuWolf
12-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes, it is bigger. Mega's dealer's room has almost 50,000 square feet while the ballroom Metro uses for the dealer's room is only 36,000 square feet in total and since Metro doesn't use Ballroom A as part of the dealer's room, it's even smaller than that.

I agree, MegaCon's dealer's room is HUGE. I took a video of it last year just because I was so impressed with the size: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0aF8VAHDM :p
And while MetroCon's dealer's room is certainly very big, MegaCon's is still bigger. That's not even questionable to me. XD

TheSurfingDonut
12-12-2009, 02:18 AM
\
Oh woops! I'm the one that posted that. (My username is KurohaneShizumi everywhere.) I totally forgot to transfer that info! Thanks for sharing~

Hah I just made that connection. And no problem.

Hime no Toki
12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
For the Afters versions, are you looking to do the Japanese or the North American version?

Japanese, even though it shows a lot of skin, the North American edit is just a bit too cluttered looking. I actually had a poll on my LJ because I'm normally not the type to do revealing costumes. I'll probably look into skintone lycra for parts of it.

TheSurfingDonut
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Japanese, even though it shows a lot of skin, the North American edit is just a bit too cluttered looking. I actually had a poll on my LJ because I'm normally not the type to do revealing costumes. I'll probably look into skintone lycra for parts of it.

I agree with you. The original japanese version is so much better.
The lycra is a great idea, it helps you pull off her awesome, yet
illogical top, and still feel comfortable and supported haha.

Well I'm sure you'll look amazing, as always. I look forward to seeing it!

Kyte27
12-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I agree, MegaCon's dealer's room is HUGE. I took a video of it last year just because I was so impressed with the size: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0aF8VAHDM :p
And while MetroCon's dealer's room is certainly very big, MegaCon's is still bigger. That's not even questionable to me. XD

WOW! Okay, Dealer's Room is bigger in Anime Expo back in Los Angeles but this one has more booths! I mean, at AX it was bigger but had alot of room so I think Metrocon wins by default XD

Dark_Acolyte
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
This will be my third Metrocon. I'll be there with my Hellsing group, and I'm thinking that I may bring my Foamy costume as well.

Braithcakes
12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sooo excciiitted D:

KohakuWolf
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
This will be my third Metrocon. I'll be there with my Hellsing group, and I'm thinking that I may bring my Foamy costume as well.

Yaaaaay, Hellsing!! :D I was thinking of bringing my Integral costume out of the retirement of my closet, but I'm not sure I'll have time for it this year. :[

I'm sooo excciiitted D:

Me too!!! We have to try not to think about it too much, though. It's still nearly half a year away. :eek:

Braithcakes
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
yeah I know ><

TheSurfingDonut
12-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I know it's kind of early to ask, but does anyone know the policy when it comes to entering original costumes into the cosplay contest?

Braithcakes
12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
from what I've heard you're allowed to...but I think you might have to bring in a drawing of it?

TheSurfingDonut
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
from what I've heard you're allowed to...but I think you might have to bring in a drawing of it?

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner or camera right now (both broken -_-)
I think the rules said it had to be related to the theme, and I can say it's definitely unrelated.

KohakuWolf
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner or camera right now (both broken -_-)
I think the rules said it had to be related to the theme, and I can say it's definitely unrelated.

I'm almost 100% certain that it's allowed. :) I don't think there's a specific category or anything for it though, so I don't know your chances of winning... but yeah, you can cosplay an original character for the event, I think I remember a few people doing that last year. ^^ And I think correlation with the specific theme isn't really all that big of a deal, actually. Although a drawing of the design or something of that sort would definitely be preferred, so it's a shame you don't have a camera or scanner. :[

TheSurfingDonut
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I got my boyfriend's scanner to work =P This is just my first draft. I used the completed design at the mascot tryouts last year: Original Design (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/Mi1/design.png)

KurohaneShizumi
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I got my boyfriend's scanner to work =P This is just my first draft. I used the completed design at the mascot tryouts last year: Original Design (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/Mi1/design.png)

Ooo~ I especially like the skirt portion. :3

Braithcakes
12-16-2009, 05:53 PM
that's really gorgeous looking

TheSurfingDonut
12-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks a lot <3
It would just be nice if I could enter it into the cosplay
competition, but either way, I really want to make it this year.

scandia
12-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Due to my work schedule being changed so that now I am off on Fridays and Sundays and usually work on Saturdays, I may adjust my Metrocon schedule accordingly. That, and having Friday off allows me to go to the gym in the morning and to Metro in the afternoon without missing any of the convention events.

Neko_Kaolla
12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm REALLY excited! I hope to liaison again next year and audition for mascot.

I'm not even THINKING about costumes, though. Megacon first!

The subjects of snacks came up, and I know I ALWAYS throw a few things in my bag (dried fruit or something). If TCC Security give me issues, I tell them the truth, which is I have to keep an eye on my blood sugar (hypoglycemic) and I'm allergic to soy, so most of their overpriced snacks are either not good ways to boost my blood sugar or have more soy than my poor digestive track can handle. Core con staff knows of my allergy because of audition forms and the fact that I've been working with them since year 2 in some way (cast, events, whatever)!

Braithcakes
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
>_> ok so....

my main outfit now involves black cat ears and a tail.

wooohooooooo

helping release my friend leeoh's webcomic by cosplaying the characters in it, one of which I designed YAY

so....I have to find a masquerade outfit....suitable for a cat.

perhaps some dapper coattails and.....a snazzy tie

Zrigeist
12-21-2009, 11:54 AM
It's been a while since I've logged in, haha.
I'm looking forward to doing everything this year, I want to leave no stone unturned.
I've never gone to the Masquerade before, so I'm looking forward to doing that this year. Since I'll be cosplaying as Dok for the majority of it, I'm looking to have that black outfit (http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/Maetric/Hellsing/dayum.png) for the masquerade,
and wear the mask that I'm making in my avatar as my mask. o 3o

I still want to audition for the Chess match this year, too. I'm hoping it's not going to be too much for me to handle.
Any of you guys going for the match this year, too?

Divine Dragon
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I still want to audition for the Chess match this year, too. I'm hoping it's not going to be too much for me to handle.

Yeah. Hopefully, third time's a charm since I did not get in the last two years.

KurohaneShizumi
12-21-2009, 02:24 PM

Ugh. I wish I could. I'm sure I'd love it so much, but I don't live anywhere near Tampa and that's a big problem. ):

Zrigeist
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Ha, I'm hoping it'll be fun. I've never done it before, so I'm somewhat clueless as to what to expect [I did read some advice online about it, though] but it'd be nice to have others doing it.
:3

Neko_Kaolla
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I did Chess for two years, Final Fantasy Ball once as cast and once as crew, and the Fantasy Masquerade once. It's a LOT of fun, but expect a lot of work! You will hurt. You will get dirty. You will get worn out.

But you will get stronger, make amazing friends, and put on a great show! It's worth it in the long run.

I'm not auditioning for cast this year, though. I need to put my time into liaison!

My sister, Lolita Minako, just told me that if you don't make cast, don't fret! She's looking for small team to be ushers and do crowd control for the ballroom over the weekend! She'll say more details at auditions. =^_^=

KohakuWolf
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Ugh. I wish I could. I'm sure I'd love it so much, but I don't live anywhere near Tampa and that's a big problem. ):

I feel your pain. Unfortunately I live in Jacksonville, and there's no way I could make it back and forth between here and Tampa for auditions and rehearsals. :( Otherwise, I would try out for sure. ^^

Victoria Wings
12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Hopefully this year I can FINALLY get to Metrocon for the first time...however...I'm...not too thrilled with the convention dates. ;-;

It's two weeks before AFO and I have 3 costumes I have to sew for AFO this year. So I'm going to have to force myself to work ahead and that's something I've never brought myself to do before. v_v

However having so much convention fun in such a short amount of time will be a blast because once Metro's over I won't have to sit around and go "...now I have to wait another whole year for a convention"...NOPE, just have to wait two weeks.

My cosplays will be:
Sakura from Infinity Arc- Tsubasa
Sakura- Cardcaptor Sakura or Len- Vocaloids (I'll bring one of these if I attend two days and my friends only want to do Tsubasa for one day)

I really hope Metro is a good con, I have no idea what it's like but I look forward to attending. ^^

KurohaneShizumi
12-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I really hope Metro is a good con, I have no idea what it's like but I look forward to attending. ^^

I've never ever been disappointed by Metro. I've been going since '06 and I just keep coming back. If someone told me, "You can only go to one con in FL every year for the rest of your life. Which would you go to?" I'd pick Metro, hands down.

The only time I was a little disappointed was '08 because of Flugtag which was no fault on the con's part and I still came back. I think you'll like it, basically.

Dark_Acolyte
12-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Yaaaaay, Hellsing!! :D I was thinking of bringing my Integral costume out of the retirement of my closet, but I'm not sure I'll have time for it this year. :[

Me too!!! We have to try not to think about it too much, though. It's still nearly half a year away. :eek:

Awesome! Always nice to see other Hellsing cosplayers around! Hopefully our Alexander Anderson and Rip Van Winkle will be able to attend with us. Our Walter more than likely will be with us!

Hope you can find the time! Good luck in doing so!

NamiRin
12-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Im so exited for this convention!its on my b-day xD

TheSurfingDonut
12-22-2009, 08:19 AM
If someone told me, "You can only go to one con in FL every year for the rest of your life. Which would you go to?" I'd pick Metro, hands down.

Ditto!

Zrigeist
12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh, I'd be so excited to see other Hellsing cosplayers with me. 8D
I'm going to be bringing along a Major and even possibly a Schrodinger. Good times shall be had.

Victoria Wings
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
I've never ever been disappointed by Metro. I've been going since '06 and I just keep coming back. If someone told me, "You can only go to one con in FL every year for the rest of your life. Which would you go to?" I'd pick Metro, hands down.

The only time I was a little disappointed was '08 because of Flugtag which was no fault on the con's part and I still came back. I think you'll like it, basically.

I've never really heard of how people feel about Metro before, but after seeing these threads I'm excited to go. Thanks! ^^-

kayla364
12-23-2009, 07:04 AM
I've been going for the past 4 or 5 years. And as mentioned before the only bad time that I ever had during the Con was the Flugtag. Since they made sure nothing like that will ever happen again there isn't a worry in my mind : ) It's a great con. Lot's of fun panels and people every year.

Braithcakes
12-24-2009, 09:57 AM
what's a flugtag? >____>

Hime no Toki
12-24-2009, 12:33 PM
It was an event held by Red Bull that MetroCon shared space with at the Tampa Convention Center in 2008, people built these crafted boats and shoved them off the dock into the river and made costumes for it, too...needless to say, lots of drunk people at the con that weekend as there was alcohol being served open - some people even slipped in beer and got it on their costumes. Others had to deal with drunk people harassing them. Thankfully con security dealt with the situation pretty well, but there were just so many people there for the Red Bull Flugtag that it was difficult to have it under full control.

KurohaneShizumi
12-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas everyone~ I hope your holiday is going great. :3

sailortintin
12-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Uh Flugtag. They had to be there at my first con. Metro security did do well for so many people there.

Vadia
12-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Ahhhh Flugtag... Bad times...

That was my first convention ever, and it left me paranoid about Metrocon ever since. I'm still really afraid to ever bring something big to Metrocon because of people breaking pieces of my costume in 2008. 2009 wasn't bad though so idk.

I'm loving the theme. First time I'm actually going to try and go with it.

Braithcakes
12-25-2009, 09:39 AM
>__> I'm kind of glad I wasn't there then....

knowing me, I probably would have gotten arrested for hitting a drunkard with a prop or something :\

or bludgening someone with it

sailortintin
12-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I wanted to snap this drunk's neck when he wouldn't stop hitting on my friend. But he was alot bigger than me and we ended up walking away.

Zrigeist
12-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Ah, the flutag, I remember that well. I didn't have to deal too much with the drunks and idiots, but I did sea that it wasn't a great time for some people.

Aiko-hime
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Im so excited about Metrocon this year ! <3 And samurai vs ninjas is good lol especially since for most of the con I'll probably be Konan from Naruto Shippuden. *Though I might make my debut as Trish from Devil May Cry there*. Its still really early so none of my plans are set in stone, but I will 100% be going even if I have to commute from home every day! *though hopefully me and my boyfriend will be in a hotel from thursday-end like '09 *

I cant wait~ Metrocon is always my favorite 3 days of the entire year. I just hope 2010 can be as amazing as 2009 was <3 .

KurohaneShizumi
01-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Kickin' off the new year right! MetroCon 2010 pre-registration (http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3159) is now open!! ^____^

AND IT'S $40 THIS TIME. *A* You can also, for a limited time, pre-register for the masquerade. I'm so excited! >w<

(Note: The VIP Passes include the masquerade ticket.)

Neko_Kaolla
01-01-2010, 07:09 AM
AND IT'S $40 THIS TIME.

NOTE: This is Tier 1. The $40 weekend price is ONLY VALID until January 31st. After that it WILL go up (I'm guessing $45 and then the next tier will be at $50, but that's my guesstimate). It's $55 at the door for the weekend.

KurohaneShizumi
01-01-2010, 08:49 AM
NOTE: This is Tier 1. The $40 weekend price is ONLY VALID until January 31st. After that it WILL go up (I'm guessing $45 and then the next tier will be at $50, but that's my guesstimate). It's $55 at the door for the weekend.

Oh, right. I was thinking about last year at this time when it was $44. ^_^;; Sorry for any confusion.

Neko_Kaolla
01-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh, right. I was thinking about last year at this time when it was $44. ^_^;; Sorry for any confusion.

It's alright, I just didn't want anyone to get confused to think that it will be $40 the whole time! =^_^=

darfurnub
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Whats different about the VIP pass exactly

Neko_Kaolla
01-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Whats different about the VIP pass exactly

You get priority seating, special VIP only panels, a free shirt, and entrance to the masquerade.

Neko_Kaolla
01-02-2010, 06:28 AM
For those interested in trying out for chess:

http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3360

Remember, auditions for this, Masquerade, and Star Party will be at the same time. The information and character lists for those shows should be posted soon.

zan316
01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
hey everyone!!!! I will be there i cant wait to see your guys...

KurohaneShizumi
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
For those interested in trying out for chess:

http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3360

Remember, auditions for this, Masquerade, and Star Party will be at the same time. The information and character lists for those shows should be posted soon.

I really wish I lived in the area. I would definitely tryout. ): Aw well.

Braithcakes
01-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I would also try out if I lived in the area =[ an hour and a half away isn't far but isn't exactly convinient either

Neko_Kaolla
01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
My sister and I drove from DeBary to Tampa every week, and we had people from Tallahassee coming, too!

KurohaneShizumi
01-02-2010, 06:36 PM
My sister and I drove from DeBary to Tampa every week, and we had people from Tallahassee coming, too!

Ah. Yeah. I'm in Miami which is just as far as Tallahassee, but I don't have a car which is the bigger problem. ): If I lived closer, I'm sure I'd be able to find some way of getting there every week, but from Miami, it's next to impossible. I don't have that kinda cash to pull that off.

Victoria Wings
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Tickets are on sale already? ><

Ugh I'm so eager to buy one....but...I can't until I know when our summer vacation in PA will be...why buy a ticket if I'll end up missing the con. Though I doubt that would happen considering the date of the convention is later this year.

Uwah...but I have to plan out whether I'll be staying at a hotel or not...this is going to be confusing. @_@

I can't WAIT to see the chess match...if I can even get in to see it. ._. Sounds amazing but I don't know the first thing about how it works, that and I can't drive that far that many times, noooo way.

CcxYumiYumix
01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hello everyone ^^

I can't believe there is already a thread for Metro 2010 0_o It seems like only last month I was wondering around the veondors room at Metro '09!

I'm so excited for this year, and like most everyone in this thread, I've just about roughly planned out where to stay and who I'm cosplaying. For the moment I'll be Naruto from Naruto Shippuden, Maka from Sould Eater, N. Italy from Axis Powers, and possibly something else just for the masq. The cosplays are subject to change, of course, just because I can never decide exactly who to be for what day. xD

KohakuWolf
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone ^^

I can't believe there is already a thread for Metro 2010 0_o It seems like only last month I was wondering around the veondors room at Metro '09!

I'm so excited for this year, and like most everyone in this thread, I've just about roughly planned out where to stay and who I'm cosplaying. For the moment I'll be Naruto from Naruto Shippuden, Maka from Sould Eater, N. Italy from Axis Powers, and possibly something else just for the masq. The cosplays are subject to change, of course, just because I can never decide exactly who to be for what day. xD

Yaaaaay, hi C.C! :p
Can't wait to see your Naruto, and of course N. Italy.... We have to be sure to get some Hetalia pics together quick, because I'm only gonna be Germany for the panel on Satruday and then I'm changing. XD

CcxYumiYumix
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Yaaaaay, hi C.C! :p
Can't wait to see your Naruto, and of course N. Italy.... We have to be sure to get some Hetalia pics together quick, because I'm only gonna be Germany for the panel on Satruday and then I'm changing. XD

Lawlz. I knew I'd find you here! :toothy: I'm so excited for the Hetalia panel. Have you talked to Sora yet? Infact, I'm sitting here with the majority of the cosplay group. We all had a getogether this weekend xD We were just talking about a Hetalia meet up... any ideas?

I can't wait for Metro! Too bad you won't be Kushina, I won't be able to glomp you screaming, MOOOOOOMMY!" and we won't have our Sakura-Kushina talks about why I should date your son XD.

I guess we can make some great new memories with Hetalia :rolleyes:

KohakuWolf
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Lawlz. I knew I'd find you here! :toothy: I'm so excited for the Hetalia panel. Have you talked to Sora yet? Infact, I'm sitting here with the majority of the cosplay group. We all had a getogether this weekend xD We were just talking about a Hetalia meet up... any ideas?

I can't wait for Metro! Too bad you won't be Kushina, I won't be able to glomp you screaming, MOOOOOOMMY!" and we won't have our Sakura-Kushina talks about why I should date your son XD.

I guess we can make some great new memories with Hetalia :rolleyes:

Yep! I've been following this thread for a while! XD
I sent her a message, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We pretty much have all of the characters, but I was hoping that maybe we could do something to get you guys in on the fun. ^^
Heh, I'm mostly cosplaying Final Fantasy people to MetroCon, so Naruto people are out.... ^^; And I'm only going to be Germany for the panel. If I can, that is..... I might not be able to. D: In that case, maybe you guys could fill in for me? XD

CcxYumiYumix
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Yep! I've been following this thread for a while! XD
I sent her a message, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We pretty much have all of the characters, but I was hoping that maybe we could do something to get you guys in on the fun. ^^
Heh, I'm mostly cosplaying Final Fantasy people to MetroCon, so Naruto people are out.... ^^; And I'm only going to be Germany for the panel. If I can, that is..... I might not be able to. D: In that case, maybe you guys could fill in for me? XD

Ah, I see I see. Well, if you need anything me and i'm sure the whole group will be ready to dance on some tables or something XD

Oh noes D: I hope you can still be Germany! I think you'd be a great one, and I'd enjoy coming to you after the panel as N. Italy screaming, "DOITSU DOITSU!" :toothy: Even though it would be saddening, I'm sure we could find a replacement ^^

ShiNo_Usagi
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm still debating if I will go. I would like to at least go for one day, 2 if possible. No real plans for cosplay seeing as I'm not sure if I will be going and it's always super hot no matter what I wear. I' ve got 6 months to decide =P

Neko_Kaolla
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Mascot audition information is up, and they're looking for two guys and two girls to represent the "Ninja vs. Samurai" theme:
http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3315

NOTE: Those dates listed are the POSSIBLE rehearsal dates. They haven't been narrowed down yet, but it WON'T be all those!

KohakuWolf
01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Mascot audition information is up, and they're looking for two guys and two girls to represent the "Ninja vs. Samurai" theme:
http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3315

NOTE: Those dates listed are the POSSIBLE rehearsal dates. They haven't been narrowed down yet, but it WON'T be all those!

Thanks for the update!! :D
I think it would be really awesome to be a mascot. If only I could actually go to try-outs/rehearsals.... ;o;
And I'm curious to see how the mascots will represent ninjas and samurais. Even though I know it would never happen, I just keep picturing characters from Naruto and Samurai Jack as mascots. Lol!! XDDD

moonfall
01-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Hopefully this year I won't have any issues with hotel or transportation. The past two years, things have gone really wrong at Metrocon for me, but it's a great con and I don't want to stop going.

I might run some panels again (I did Phoenix Wright and co-hosted the Tales of...panels last year), and I'd like to audition to be a cast member. The biggest question is where I'll be living in the next few months (graduate school is kinda up in the air until I get accepted or not not).

Hime no Toki
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the update!! :D
I think it would be really awesome to be a mascot. If only I could actually go to try-outs/rehearsals.... ;o;
And I'm curious to see how the mascots will represent ninjas and samurais. Even though I know it would never happen, I just keep picturing characters from Naruto and Samurai Jack as mascots. Lol!! XDDD

Actually, I think this will be one of the years that will allow for more creativity with the original costumes. An original samurai or ninja design isn't too hard to come up with, and you can really get creative with it - they're both fairly iconic, after all.

Neko_Kaolla
01-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Made a thread for all show-related banter so we can keep the "who's going and what are you wearing?" thread from being overrun too much. =^_^=v

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=198394

Also typed up ALL the character lists, too.

KurohaneShizumi
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
FYI, the official hotel information has been released on the website. ^_^

Hime no Toki
01-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Booked my room early this year, because better safe than sorry.

KurohaneShizumi
01-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Booked my room early this year, because better safe than sorry.

Ditto. Last year at this time, I went to book my room and all the double-bedded rooms were filled. It was a pretty big problem for my room mates. So this year I didn't take the chance and booked much earlier.

Victoria Wings
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I think I'll be able to go. ^^

I'll just have my sis come since she's older and I'd need someone to come with me anyway. None of my friends could tag along with me. p:

I'm so happy! <333

Brasilianman
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm going to try to go this year. My b-day falls on the 30 of July but at the same time my wife's family is coming to town from Canada during the same time. If they come either the week before of after Metrocon then I'll be there. If not, then I might need to miss it.

moonfall
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm hoping for a better roommate situation than last year. I got stuck with the hotel bill due to a complicated credit card issue, and long story short, someone still owes me 300 dollars.

Victoria Wings
01-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh noes...the thread died. o.o

Neko_Kaolla
01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, Megacon's only about two months away, so I think people are starting to put their focus there. Once Megacon's done, I think this will pick up again.

Auditions are coming up soon, too (Dates and character lists in this thread I started (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=198394)), as well as mascot tryouts. When those get closer, I think we'll see an influx in posts in METROCON-related threads. :D

KurohaneShizumi
01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
If you were thinking about entering the AVM Contest, submissions are now being accepted. More info on the website (http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=4195&cid=303FACA7-1217-5C2E-5B003427F190D118).

I'm very happy they are bringing back the Homebrew OVA category. I feel like I won too when the video featuring my cosplay won for that category. It was a lot of fun and I hope others take a chance and try it! ^_^

Victoria Wings
01-19-2010, 08:48 PM
That's kind of what I figured Neko_Kaolla, just thought I'd put a bit of life back into it anyway. ^^-

Hime no Toki
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, there's a couple cons between now and July, I know personally I have three cons to think about, one being next weekend. D: I'm still pretty sure Princess Kraehe will be my main project for Metro though, originally I was hoping to have it for MegaCon but there is no way I'm going to be able to make a pancake tutu and do all that detail work by then.

moonfall
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm hoping to try out for cast member and maybe host some panels this year. I hosted the Phoenix Wright panel last year, and co-hosted the two Tales series panels.

I should also have at least one new costume by then.

*Kai*
01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I will be making Noel for this convention as well as Sylpheed. =) Metro is my last BIG convention of the year so I always try and have as much fun as possible.

TheSurfingDonut
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
As much as I want to tryout for chess match or mascot this year, I know it'd be a terrible idea because of how full my plate is right now, and driving to Tampa from Gainesville every weekend is not cheap. But maybe there will be next year? Hopefully they'll be doing Anime Idol this year. At least I can try out for that. I still haven't made any final cosplay decisions for Metro either >.< Anyone know of and video games with really good artwork? I need a challenge.

KurohaneShizumi
01-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Another Update: The Anime Idol Contest Info has been put on the website (http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=4195&cid=4F60156D-1217-5C2E-5B7272F9D5593C53) too.

And in case you missed it (like I did)... Robert Axelrod (Lord Zedd in Power Rangers, Wizardmon in Digimon, and more) has been added to the guest list.

I'll keep you posted for more updates. ^_^

moonfall
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
As much as I want to tryout for chess match or mascot this year, I know it'd be a terrible idea because of how full my plate is right now, and driving to Tampa from Gainesville every weekend is not cheap. But maybe there will be next year? Hopefully they'll be doing Anime Idol this year. At least I can try out for that. I still haven't made any final cosplay decisions for Metro either >.< Anyone know of and video games with really good artwork? I need a challenge.

There are more of us from Gainesville. My friend and I are also planning on auditioning, so I think a carpool could be arranged.

KurohaneShizumi
01-28-2010, 08:32 AM
So much news!

First, lots more contests and their rules are listed on the website (http://metroconventions.com/). (Go to the website for more explanations of all these things, yo.)

Artist Alley Tables are now available!

They need ushers for the Ballroom dance.

AnimeBelle is doing a community research project so if you'd like to be apart of it, take the survey that's linked from Metro's website.

Also! Kelly and Jen (*kellyjane and *tealpirate on dA; creators of Demyx Time and Sora Show) have been invited to Metro as official guests! So you'll get to see them there! ^_^

Neko_Kaolla
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
They need ushers for the Ballroom dance.

Not *just* the dance. Every. Event. In. The. Ballroom. XD (split up for emphasis) Like ushers in a theatre. They're going to check the VIP tables (people were up there that WEREN'T suppose to be - those seats are reserved) and stuff. Details are all in the AM Forums.

And I was informed that guests aren't official until they're announced on the site... =o.O= Only new guest I see is PikaBelleChu...

KurohaneShizumi
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
And I was informed that guests aren't official until they're announced on the site... =o.O= Only new guest I see is PikaBelleChu...

XDD I follow them on dA and they both announced that they had received an e-mail from Metro inviting them as guests. Metro Staff probably hasn't updated this info to the website yet as I think they confirmed sometime late last night.

Neko_Kaolla
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
XDD I follow them on dA and they both announced that they had received an e-mail from Metro inviting them as guests. Metro Staff probably hasn't updated this info to the website yet as I think they confirmed sometime late last night.

Good for them, but regardless, it's not "official" until it's on the site. It's a business thing.

Lolita Minako
01-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I am in need of ushers for METROCON 2010 in the Main Ballroom to help with events. This job is an important one, and NOT an easy one.

If you are interested in possibly becoming an Usher, I will be at the Event Audition on Sunday, February 21 starting at the 2PM Orientation ONLY. So, please, arrive at for that tryout, or hang around after the morning one to see me.

If you are unable to attend this allotted time, please email me at lolita.minako@gmail.com and we can arrange something. Attendance to the Event Audition is preferable. I will also be at Mascot Auditions the day prior, but will have very limited time to talk.

This role is ideal for anyone who wants to be involved who cannot attend weekly rehearsals for one reason or another. Although, it should not be a supplement or replacement. That sort of attitude will not result in the type of usher we require at METROCON. I want people who are wanting to make the con better, not just looking for something to do.

Thank you, and I will see you at the tryouts.

Jamie Rich
METROCON Ballroom Manager
lolita.minako@gmail.com

[For more information about becoming a METROCON Usher, click here.] (http://www.animemetro.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22688)

(I copied and pasted this from the website....seeing how I write all the news articles, it's not plagiarism. Woo!!!)

If you have any questions about the con, please feel free to PM me or email me. I run the Ballroom and the Mascots, and I am in regular contact with Nick, one of the owners. ^^

Neko_Kaolla
01-30-2010, 07:14 AM
I updated the Show Thread on here with new characters for the Chess Match roster! Go see!
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=198394

moonfall
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Would it be possible to do an interactive muder mystery-type event? I want to do a Phoenix Wright panel again this year, but I want the event to be more interactive. I was thinking of leaving clues around the convention center and maybe having players talk to cast members to solve the case. I know other cons have done similar things, so it's certainly possibly to pull it off.

There's a way to work in the ninja vs samurai theme by using the Steel or Nickel Samurai vs the Jammin' Ninja characters from the game series. One case even involved a murder based on that rivalry. (Those characters are from fictional TV shows in the PW series).

Neko_Kaolla
01-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Would it be possible to do an interactive muder mystery-type event? I want to do a Phoenix Wright panel again this year, but I want the event to be more interactive. I was thinking of leaving clues around the convention center and maybe having players talk to cast members to solve the case. I know other cons have done similar things, so it's certainly possibly to pull it off.

There's a way to work in the ninja vs samurai theme by using the Steel or Nickel Samurai vs the Jammin' Ninja characters from the game series. One case even involved a murder based on that rivalry. (Those characters are from fictional TV shows in the PW series).

You have to submit any event ideas through MyConsOnline for METROCON. I would post about it on the METROCON forums, too, since the staff is on there. Get their opinion. :D

moonfall
01-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Are those two separate sites? I'm already signed up on the Metrocon forums from last year.

Lolita Minako
01-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes, they are two separate sites. METROCON uses the MyConsOnline (http://www.myconsonline.com) service. The AnimeMetro.com forums are a separate entity. Your login for AM will not work on MyConsOnline. However, if you have volunteered/entered an online contest/hosted a panel/gotten a vendor or artist table at METROCON before, you will use THAT login information.

Lolita Minako
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
IMPORTANT MASCOT TRYOUT SCHEDULE CHANGE!!

For those of you who are interested in trying out for METROCON 2010 Mascot, we have had to make an important schedule change.

Instead of beginning at 10:00, orientation will begin at 9:00AM on February 20!

Please arrive early for registration! Remember, anyone who arrives after 9:00 will not be permitted to try out! Mark your schedules accordingly.

For more information, click here! (http://www.metroconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=3315)

Victoria Wings
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
My dad just booked me a room for Metro. ;-; I'm gonna be in debt forever...but that means I'm going.

All I can say is...thank goodness it's Embassy Suites...they have such nice rooms. =w=

KurohaneShizumi
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
My dad just booked me a room for Metro. ;-; I'm gonna be in debt forever...but that means I'm going.

All I can say is...thank goodness it's Embassy Suites...they have such nice rooms. =w=

XDD Trust me, it's worth it! The Embassy really does have beautiful rooms; you won't be disappointed there either. ^_^

Victoria Wings
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
XDD Trust me, it's worth it! The Embassy really does have beautiful rooms; you won't be disappointed there either. ^_^

Yeah I've stayed in a few during vacations. (Alexandria's was especially gorgeous...but so was the area I stayed in) And...I will NOT be sharing the room with 6 other people, as far as I know it's just me and one other person. TwT Hooray for sleeping in an actual bed at a convention.

Neko_Kaolla
02-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah I've stayed in a few during vacations. (Alexandria's was especially gorgeous...but so was the area I stayed in) And...I will NOT be sharing the room with 6 other people, as far as I know it's just me and one other person. TwT Hooray for sleeping in an actual bed at a convention.

I REFUSE to stay in a room with more than 5 people. I like my sleep at cons and I like to be able to move!

KurohaneShizumi
02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
And...I will NOT be sharing the room with 6 other people, as far as I know it's just me and one other person. TwT Hooray for sleeping in an actual bed at a convention.

I REFUSE to stay in a room with more than 5 people. I like my sleep at cons and I like to be able to move!

Haha. XD I have to say, I've stayed in a room with 6 people before, but we all got bed space with the double beds and the fold-out sofa. I have no problems sleeping in the same bed with a friend and sleep just fine that way. I always get a good night's sleep no matter what. ^_^;; I guess that's just me though.

Lolita Minako
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM
The big issue with multiple people in rooms is noise. I'll be having late evenings and early mornings this year with work, so my sleep is vital, as well as the location in the physical hotel. Last year I was by the pool, which was great if I needed to go down to the TCC quickly, but sucked if I needed to go up. If I get screaming people outside my room at 3 in the morning, I am not afraid to walk out the door and tell them to be quiet or go in their room. The con doesn't run itself.

Neko_Kaolla
02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Haha. XD I have to say, I've stayed in a room with 6 people before, but we all got bed space with the double beds and the fold-out sofa. I have no problems sleeping in the same bed with a friend and sleep just fine that way. I always get a good night's sleep no matter what. ^_^;; I guess that's just me though.

It's not the sleeping arrangements, it's the noise (like LM said), and space for stuff. Most of my friends are cosplayers... so on average three costumes for the weekend by 5 people, that's 15 costumes, plus wigs, accessories, props, as well as food, clothing, essentials, etc. I'm a bit of a klutz sometimes, so that can only lead to something getting broken (either me or someone's belongings). And you never have towels or access to the bathroom! XD

Man, I can't wait for METRO, but I hope it comes slow. My nerves are already under attack with Mascot auditions being just over 2 weeks away!!

KurohaneShizumi
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
The big issue with multiple people in rooms is noise. I'll be having late evenings and early mornings this year with work, so my sleep is vital, as well as the location in the physical hotel. Last year I was by the pool, which was great if I needed to go down to the TCC quickly, but sucked if I needed to go up. If I get screaming people outside my room at 3 in the morning, I am not afraid to walk out the door and tell them to be quiet or go in their room. The con doesn't run itself.

Mm. Indeed. I'm lucky that usually my friends are very well behaved and we don't make much noise when we come back Friday, and Saturday (too tired anyway). And yeah, I had some noisy neighbors a couple of years back and I pretty much told them, "Guys, we're trying to sleep. Can you chill?" And con officials of all people have it the roughest, like you said. I feel for you.

It's not the sleeping arrangements, it's the noise (like LM said), and space for stuff. Most of my friends are cosplayers... so on average three costumes for the weekend by 5 people, that's 15 costumes, plus wigs, accessories, props, as well as food, clothing, essentials, etc. I'm a bit of a klutz sometimes, so that can only lead to something getting broken (either me or someone's belongings). And you never have towels or access to the bathroom! XD

Man, I can't wait for METRO, but I hope it comes slow. My nerves are already under attack with Mascot auditions being just over 2 weeks away!!

XDDD I have a system to beat this, actually. We get there on Thursday in the late afternoon so we rearrange the room and work out sleeping arrangements and where everything's going to go. Then we work out a showering schedule since there are some people that like to shower in the morning and some at night. Granted, you can't control your bowels, which is a problem, but somehow usually works out for us. We usually agree to keep it to fast showers (about 30 minutes per person) and with the kitchenette area, people do make-up and such. I usually bring my own personal towel and encourage my roomies to do the same. (We also go food shopping Thursday.)

XD I'm super efficient about everything since I don't believe in wasting anything and I'm also usually one of the oldest people in our room and a veteran con-goer and such. I also have a tendency to act like a mom. XDDD

Haha, I can't wait for the con either! >w< I'm finishing up work on my masque outfit (The White Queen for our Alice in Wonderland group) and trying to arrange starting on my next one (Belgium from Hetalia). I'll resume work on Xion (KH Days) in the summer when the group for that has more time to meet. ^_^ I'm really excited.

Hime no Toki
02-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh man, do I ever love my personal space and comfort - I dunno how people cram into rooms. I prefer to just have me and my boyfriend whenever possible, this way I don't have to worry about where I'm going to sleep, because really that's what the hotel room is for...sleeping. And bathing, which I like to do twice a day at a con. Not having to worry about several other people needing to use the bathroom is a huge plus, too. Not to mention I am the type of person who needs to be completely comfortable and it has to be completely quiet for me to fall asleep. So yeah, the room stuffing thing doesn't work for me...and me without sleep is TERRIFYING to have to deal with. I become a whole 'nother person. Not the kind of person you would want to be around.

Anyhoo, I'm starting to get stuff together for my MetroCon costumes, since Fanime is roughly a month before and the costumes I'm bringing there will be debuted at Fanime, most likely. Going to be wearing Ico, Leila (if I am up to it, because of the heat), and hopefully Princess Kraehe will be my main costume. I'm still terrified of that tutu because tulle isn't exactly my material of choice to have to work with, but there's no working around that.

Victoria Wings
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM

I gotta be perfectly honest...I feel uncomfortable sharing a bed with someone. D: I just get feeling like I can't move (not for lack of space, just because I feel like I shouldn't change my position a lot) and therefore I don't get much sleep and I'm not very comfy. ;-; *fail*

Now honestly, I'll sleep on the floor and trust me I've done it before...but I'd like it to be somewhat comfy down there...and most of the time I don't have multiple blankets to cushion me at all against the wood. v_v Air mattresses come in handy though. ;D

But yeah in general, having my own bed would be ideal. This time at Metro I believe that'll be the case. (Don't Embassy Suite rooms have the pull out sofa bed too? I recall that they do) Not to mention I'm already thinking ahead on what I should bring to eat. =w=

I think this will be a good convention...as long as I have someone to hang out with. Which I think I will, at least for most of the time. >.>

Neko_Kaolla
02-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I gotta be perfectly honest...I feel uncomfortable sharing a bed with someone. D: I just get feeling like I can't move (not for lack of space, just because I feel like I shouldn't change my position a lot) and therefore I don't get much sleep and I'm not very comfy. ;-; *fail*

Now honestly, I'll sleep on the floor and trust me I've done it before...but I'd like it to be somewhat comfy down there...and most of the time I don't have multiple blankets to cushion me at all against the wood. v_v Air mattresses come in handy though. ;D

But yeah in general, having my own bed would be ideal. This time at Metro I believe that'll be the case. (Don't Embassy Suite rooms have the pull out sofa bed too? I recall that they do) Not to mention I'm already thinking ahead on what I should bring to eat. =w=

I think this will be a good convention...as long as I have someone to hang out with. Which I think I will, at least for most of the time. >.>

Yeah, they have a pull-out! And when I share a bed, it's usually with someone I've known a long time. 9/10 times that's my twin sister. We shared a womb, so we really can't complain about sharing a bed!! XD We shared the pull-out last year, and it isn't that bad, actually!

Victoria Wings
02-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Honestly I won't even sleep with my sister...I'm more likely to sleep with a friend than my sister... >>

But yeah, Embassy rocks. TwT On the site it said the double bed room has a microwave and a mini fridge? Again I recall this from previous Embassy Suites, but you never know when one might be different. So does the Tampa one have these things?

KurohaneShizumi
02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
We shared a womb, so we really can't complain about sharing a bed!! XD

XDDDDD I laughed.

On the site it said the double bed room has a microwave and a mini fridge?

All the rooms have microwave, a mini-fridge, a coffee maker (so long as you don't drink their coffee packets, it's free to use) and a pantry space. As well as a sink outside the bathroom in the same area. ^_^

Victoria Wings
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
All the rooms have microwave, a mini-fridge, a coffee maker (so long as you don't drink their coffee packets, it's free to use) and a pantry space. As well as a sink outside the bathroom in the same area. ^_^

Just as I remember it. X3 I'm going to LOVE going to Metro at this rate. <3

SoedBlackChaos
02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
I'd say that 6 people is the Max you can have in a double suite and still be comfortable. But then again, we usually arrange to stay with another couple and fellow cast-members, so we're all pretty much on the same schedule, and the only real problem we've run into has been towel-usage after showering. It probably also helps that none of us are very shy about sharing space(beds, mini-fridge, etc.). It's definitely not for everyone, but I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have other people to set the alarm in the morning. ^_^

moonfall
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't mind sharing a bed (females only, please), but I hate sleeping on the floor. I had to sleep on the floor at the last con I went to, and I did not enjoy it, especially since the room was also freezing cold.

I don't mind lots of people in a room, since I don't have the money for a room to myself for 2-3 nights. I will caution that rooming with someone you just met online can be iffy; I had a bad experience with that.