PDA

View Full Version : Hotels and Roommates

Kusanagi
10-08-2002, 09:09 PM
I was thinking about something.

Since AX03 occurs on the 4th of July and is a huge event, many hotels are going to fill up early.

I was thinking we could use this thread to post information about hotels in the area and the possibility of cosplay.com members who will be making the trip by car or jet to the Expo maybe bunking up together to save money.

As for myself, I know the Super 8 across the street from the convention center charges around 50 a night (at least thats what it was when my grandparents went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago.)

If a few people get into groups of two or three (heaven forbid, four :) ) to room together we could all probably stay at the same hotel and get a group discount.

This means more money for the con! :D

Comments?

Ayaka
10-08-2002, 10:23 PM
I was alone last year, and aside from being expensive it was kinda lonely, lol.

I haven't done my hotel research yet, really need to; I hear good things about the . . . err, something "Islander". It has the minifridge, microwave, iron action going on that's good to have for the congoer (if not musts). I don't know, sorry, just overheard other people talking about it a while back so . . . ^^;

Kusanagi
10-08-2002, 10:36 PM
<Obvious>

Well, unless you know the person, or are feeling REALLY adventerous, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to bunk with members of the opposite sex.

</Obvious>

But all you ladies, dont worry. I'm a perfect gentlemen. ^_^

shiroi_yukiko
10-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Wah. I really need to get thinking about this hotel stuff or I'll be stranded! Must...remember...to plan... in advance... Anyway. rooming with other people would be just lovely. I need to save as much money as possible, provided that I actually save enough in the first place to drag myself cross-country...

Ayaka
10-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Yes, I know, Kusanagi. lol. I can fend for myself if need be. Especially since I will have WEAPONS at this AX. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*ahem*

katchoo
10-09-2002, 01:34 AM
lol....i wouldn't mind going in on a room. ^_^
love,
katchoo

Kusanagi
10-09-2002, 05:02 PM
You male or female, katchoo? ^_^

Farfarello
10-10-2002, 05:34 PM
I book the Islander... looks nice... My little brother and best friend are going with me so it'll be fun with someone ^_^

Mink
10-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Heres the best link that I could find since AX doesnt have its website updated yet (geeze its only 9 months until the con, they need to get on the ball!!!)
http://www.aguidetoanaheim.com/index.php?p_id=78

Im looking at the Dupre Hotel for big groups, because mine is going to be around 6 or 7.

Mandy Mitchell
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
As soon as they post up hotel info on the AX website, book it! They fill up fast! I usually book rooms at the hotel right next to the convention center because of the proximity.

katchoo
10-23-2002, 09:29 PM
lol...I'm female, but since I am 26 I don't think I should room with anyone under 21. But if you are 21 and over and wouldn't mind creating the party room, let me know!!!

love,
katchoo ^_^

ChenCzen
10-23-2002, 10:01 PM
im probably going to end up just getting a room for myself, by myself. but i havent looked at any hotels yet...

i emailed the address given at the site for registration info, but they never emailed me back. are yall people registered, or is not open yet? this is my first con, so i wanna make sure i get registered and stuff on time... HELP!

Mink
10-23-2002, 11:07 PM
Nope registration hasnt opened yet! Dont worry. I mean it is 9 months away.

shiroi_yukiko
10-27-2002, 10:23 PM
Okay, okay, so I'm definitely going to AX even though its a kazillion miles away and I am looking for 2 people who might want to share a room with my friend and I. We're both girls, are probably looking for gal roomies and so on. If anyone wants to do this, you need to be 100% sure that you are going, because we can't afford to have anyone bailing out at the last minute. Anyway, I don't wanna clog up the board, so email (yuki-chan@kuririnmail.com) or AIM (twosadsexually) me if you want more info!

Kosei
11-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Dude..

Heres my scary Expo-ness story...
Last year in march, my friends and i got this crazy assed idea to go to AX2002... so basically we made the best last minute arrangements we could and went... but we had some SERIOUS problems... Like first, AX02 was on long beach, which in my opinion is, well, for lack of a better word, scary. especially for a bunch of 17 year old out of towners.. (And a bunch dressed in weird clothing for that matter) Plus, in our haste, we didnt get a room at the Hyatte, where it was last year, and ended up staying in a hotel a few blocks away.. One night, at like 2AM our friend, just didnt happen to make it back to the hotel, so we all FREAKED OUT, (Naturally) and went on the insane hunt to find her.. but 330 we found her ASLEEP in a CHAIR in THE LOBBY of the westin hotel.
After that fun little expierence... well... we decided we were staying at the hotel where the con was at... safety is worth a few extra bucks.
As far as hotels go... The room space for the Hilton is sold out... we got out rooms in mid october, and there was about 20% of the hotel left for AX03.

Kusanagi
11-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by katchoo24
lol...I'm female, but since I am 26 I don't think I should room with anyone under 21. But if you are 21 and over and wouldn't mind creating the party room, let me know!!!

love,
katchoo ^_^

Hmmm...No exceptions to that rule? I'll be 18 and I still like to party) :bouncer: :cheers:

psythe
11-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Kosei
As far as hotels go... The room space for the Hilton is sold out... we got out rooms in mid october, and there was about 20% of the hotel left for AX03.

Can you hook me up with he contact info for that hotel? I'm gonna give em a call and try my luck.

Or perhaps a list of Hotels around the convention center?
Thnx alot ^^

shiroi_yukiko
11-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by psyth3

Or perhaps a list of Hotels around the convention center?
Thnx alot ^^

http://www.anaheimoc.org/

If you go there and poke around the page, you can get hotel listings and stuff. There are tons of hotels/motels around there, since DisneyLand is like two feet away.

I already made reservations too, but I'm being cheap and staying at the Islander. It's close enough. Cheap enough too, but I'm still willing to shove a few more people in that room. He he.

psythe
11-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Arigatou!

katchoo
12-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Are people still getting rooms together? I was thinking of driving each day, because it's xmas time and I can't reserve the room just yet. But if there are groups of people staying at a cheaper hotel maybe we can create a party atmosphere there. hmm just thinking.. I would like to stay close to the action so I can meet more of you.

Studmaster
12-10-2002, 11:42 AM
I need a room now too.

katchoo
12-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Well, I am willing to go in on a room. *if you don't mind being with a girl*. Do we have any takers?

Studmaster
12-10-2002, 01:07 PM
I'd room with ya. I really don't care about the Gender. Don't worry, I'm a gentleman.

katchoo
12-10-2002, 01:10 PM
lol...I'm not worried. We'll probably have two beds in the room, so we could fit a couple more maybe....

*who should we call to make the reservations at? Kusanagi
mentioned a certain hotel, but I can't remember which one.

Studmaster
12-10-2002, 01:20 PM
Let me look at the website?

We have 3 options.

Anaheim Hilton
Anaheim Marriott
West Coast Anaheim

And I think you should make the reservations Katchoo. In case something happens to my plans and I have to pull out.

Alaria
12-10-2002, 05:47 PM
Ara, the Hilton might be booked already, u should check :\

Oshi
12-10-2002, 06:54 PM
I need a room as welll... I'll room with anybody. Not like I know anyone who's going, besides Will, Studmaster, and Ayaka ^^;

Celine
12-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Unlike both other years I attended AX, I am going to book a room. Oshi (what am I, chopped liver? I know you and I'm going) or Studmaster, if you still need a room, you can stay with me. I will try the Hilton or Marriott... ^^

Studmaster
12-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Room problem may be solved. ^_^

Oshi
12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Oh, geez, sorry I forgot about you Celine ^^;;; Yay!

katchoo
12-10-2002, 10:29 PM
oops sorry celine, didn't know they had plans already. It's not a big thing for me to have a room, because I live rather close, but I really can't want to meet people and would love to be able to stay out there and party.

Studmaster
12-10-2002, 10:40 PM
You can stay with us Katchoo.

katchoo
12-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Really??? wow yay!!! How cool?!! Thank you so much. how fun!

Celine
12-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Ah, Katchoo, I wasn't trying to exclude you or anything... I was just offering to those two if they were stuck without a room, since I've met them in person and know them pretty well, because I am very uncomfortable staying with people I don't know well. ^^

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 02:39 PM
ah *run around* I forgot about the hotels >.< @_@ *panics?*

Shashu
12-28-2002, 04:30 PM
I will stay with Tohru!! :D

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Ok Shashu! ^-^; yay *does happy dance*^^;;

tydawgsd
01-13-2003, 05:04 PM
I live pretty close too, but I am definently down for going in on a room because I like to meet new people, and being at the Con the whole time would be awesome. Anyways if anyone is interested e-mail me or catch me on AIM or whatever. I am a 21 year old male btw.

Psychotic Jei
01-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Yeah. I lived maybe 15 minutes from the Long Beach cons....and I stayed in the hotel. It's kinda a pain to drive in every day anyways

Menchi
01-18-2003, 03:34 PM
i cant garuntee i can make it...does anyone have room for me, an maybe one friend? i live really far away (illinois) an wanna desperately wann make this con. i dont take up much space an will sleep on the floor if needed ^^;;;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-21-2003, 03:00 PM
menchi:I'm looking for roomates also. I have one already signed up but I need 4 more people. If you are interested, please PM or IM me through AOL IM. my name there is RyuDOA2Hayabusa

Psychotic Jei
01-27-2003, 04:21 AM
Whee, I had to do alot of fun faxing. :: had to book three rooms at the WestCoast. Mainly because it was the cheapest con hotel. Has poo' people in his group :: And it's only 1/2 a block away...and 32 bucks a night saves some cash. Not only that....there was no way I could pay for a night in advance.@_@ to book the Hilton.