PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any cosplayers in southeastern michigan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gryphonic_Angel
08-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Inspired by the chicago post I am looking for any cosplayers in southeastern michigan, anywheres from detroit to flint and beyond. I live in waterford and I've discovered that michigan sux for finding people into anime and especially cosplaying. So if your from anywhere's in southeastern michigan and into cosplaying let me know mebbe we can get a skit together or something.

panda ninja
08-23-2003, 06:29 PM
hi! I live right by detroit in the anchor bay aria, are you going to Motor City Comic con this october?

Gryphonic_Angel
08-24-2003, 03:15 AM
huh? Motor city comic con? when where why who?

tell me more. honestly though probly not. I have big plans for conning this october. Kazecon, c-kon and another one in chicago I forget the name for!! I haven't made any serious plan other than "ooooohhhhh I wanna go!" so lemme know more about this motor city comic con thingy!

panda ninja
08-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Ok well its obviously in Detroit (thus the name motor city comic con :P)And it is being held at the novi expo center, it is this october, 18-19. THe website really dosnt have much info on it yet but ill still give u the site so u can check back to see if it has updated http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/ bai bai

Catboi Blues
08-27-2003, 12:54 AM
Hello there. SE Michigan, eh? Sounds like you're right up my alley. I live perhaps 30 minutes from you and there is a decent sized group out here that you'll have to be introduced to.

You mentioned an interest in doing a skit with a group. What did you have in mind? Also if you don't mind me asking you, what is your experience with cosplaying thus far?

As far as cons go, the 3rd one you were trying to remember was Anime Reactor(also in Chicago). The Motor City Comic con comes around twice a year if I remember correctly and is held in Novi. Its more of a comic convention than anything(name implying afterall) and the Anime following isn't nearly that big. There are a few enthused costumers here and there, but not as many cosplayers. Just my observations though.

Well, I hope to hear back from you on this thread.

Ja'

Gryphonic_Angel
08-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Well great to here from you!!! as for a skit together, It wasn't intended to be any definate plans but mebbe something that might happen. As for my cosplay experience weelllll uuuhhhh none. in fact the only convention I've been to is jafax. But I plan to gain some experience in october. I'm cementing plans to go to c-kon and kazecon and have three costumes currently under plans. Work begins tommorow!! I'm planning on armitage (armitage III), Count D (petshop of horrors), and genjo sanzo (gensomaden saiyuki). Count D and Genjo are actually fairly simple and armitage I've been designing for a couple of months. It's kinda hard with me being a guy!!!.

I plan to begin work on count D first so mebbe I'll change some plans!

well if'n ye mebbe want to contact me, write me at Gryphonic_Angel@hotmail.com

Gryphonic_Angel
08-27-2003, 01:39 AM
that would be Gryphonic_angel

BountyBebopLuva
09-09-2003, 04:55 AM
OMG! Finally!! Someone going to Motor City Comic Con!!! I went in erm.. June.. maybe it was July and had a BLAST! This time I'm cosplaying! I'm going with my best friend who really isn't big into all this kind of stuff. It would be nice to get a group to hang out with..

I live in Addison, a small town 15 minutes from Adrian and 15 minutes from Jackson. If anyone wants to contact me about M.C.C.C do so at: sorry_mister@hotmail.com. Thanks ^^.

The-Real-Link
09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
*cheers*!! Cool we are not alone out here! I'm from Milford but attending college down in Detroit right now. I seem to be right in the middle of everyone so far :)
If anyone has some questions or anything please feel free to PM me.

Also I'm attending the Michigan Renaissance Festival this weekend so if anyone happens to be heading out that way maybe we can meet up!

panda ninja
09-10-2003, 06:38 PM
awsome!im going out to the renaissance festival this weekend! Im 13, still rather young, and i will most likely be wearing a pure white princess gown, with wings if i can find some ^^'. will u be dressing up? well maybe ill see u there ^^

The-Real-Link
09-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Heh I'm terribly sorry but I won't have boots or much else to make that convincing of a costume yet...It's all still in the shop so to speak. I've already been talking with Catboi about meeting him at the MRF - if you'd like perhaps we can arrage some 3-person group ? Either way I am bringing my equipment, and wouldn't mind at all meeting my first cosplayers! *Feels that it is indeed an honor to be able to finally meet other cosplayers*.

Catboi Blues
09-11-2003, 03:12 PM
That sounds like a really fun idea.

I've been working at the Ren Fest like our Link here was saying, so a group could prove to be fun. Please keep me updated.

Catboi Blues
09-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Sorry about the double post, but this is in regards to the Motor City Comic Con. MCCC isn't that good of a con for cosplaying as there aren't that many people there that do that. My recommendation is to try for ConClave.

http://conclave.hamjudo.com

ConClave is a well established con(28 years) and its better fandom wise where as MCCC is mainly a big dealers room with a few other things. Also I think that it would be cool if we could set up a big meeting over there for the SE Michigan cosplayers there. I already have a group going there and we plan on taking the masquerade by storm. If you guys want to hook up there, I think it would be cool. Tell me what you all think.

The-Real-Link
09-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Even though I'm sure we've done this through PM's...Panda and Catboi have already gotten in touch with me but shall we agree on a time or meeting place? I can imagine myself getting to the faire Sunday anytime from 11am to 1pm depending on how things work out. Any place in the grounds I don't mind meeting at but whatever works for you guys.

Gryphonic_Angel
09-12-2003, 11:50 PM
sadly i cannot make it to the rennesaince festival this weekend. If you guys are wondering what happened to me I just got a new job and i've been kinda busy. I'm trying to work on setting something up at gameworks (I work there too) so that we can all get together. I'll post again in a day or two with more details.

Catboi Blues
09-17-2003, 01:12 AM
TRL: It was great getting to meet you in person this last weekend. We'll talk more over IM.

GA: Which Gameworks do you work at?

If anyone is interested in attending ConClave, please contact me so that we can arrange things. Hope to hear from everyone.

The-Real-Link
09-22-2003, 03:10 AM
Likewise Catboi. I should have posted sooner but yes I can easily say that it was nice to meet my first cosplayer! *cheers* Thanks for staying in touch and I'm sure we'll see each other at the festival on the 28th.

Not sure if I'd have everything together for Conclave or Motor City but we can see what works out.

panda ninja
09-22-2003, 05:43 PM
YES! im going to the festival on the 28th!WOOT!as for who ill be dressed as, well, um...... still kinda working on that, lol. hope to see u there and ill tell u who ill dress as so u know who to look for ^^

The-Real-Link
09-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Ok double woot! I'm going on the 28th too!!!! *cheers*. I should have no problem bringing everything back that I had brought before. Perhaps we 3 can meet at the drink stand :)

whiteswordsman
09-24-2003, 01:53 AM
HEY ALL,
I live in Huron Township, Michigan (southeast) and I go to EMU (eastern michigan university). I'm new to cosplaying, but as of now I'm trying to get my stuff ready for a Gatsu costume that I'll be debuting at Kaze con in Illinois.......There are a lot of cosplayers at EMU, if anyone wants to meet up sometime, drop me a line dcerny@emich.edu

The-Real-Link
09-24-2003, 03:21 AM
I'm at the University of Detroit Mercy myself so if things work out perhaps we can meet up sometime.

venus2869
09-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Greetings all!

This is Venus Sanders, Anime Central 2003 Masquerade Stage Manager & fellow Michigan cosplayer!!

I would like to get in contact with all of you in regards to a local gathering. I work at Buffalo Wild Wings, in Mt. Clemens and I think that it would be great if all of us could hang out there!

I'm also starting plans for our Anime Central 2004 trip & cosplay projects. Maybe we could all get together and discuss.

I too have gone to the MCCC and have cosplayed there as well. Might I recommend for those of you more into a "anime con" to head to JFAX. It's on the other side of the state, but there's a more welcomed feel for cosplayers there.

Feel free to IM me about info and such! You can reach me at:

email: venus_sanders@yahoo.com or venus2869@comcast.net
IM: Yahoo venus_sanders

Can't wait to talk & Meet all of ya!!

panda ninja
09-24-2003, 07:08 PM
awsome! i live right by mt. clemens! i have also been to jafax, where u there this year? i have been trying to brive my mom into driving me to anime central but the furthest she will drive is to jafax, lol. hmmm, well keep in touch and maybe we can all plan something out ^^

The-Real-Link
09-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Wow yes yes yes! I must find a way we all can do something! I don't live right by you but I have had thoughts about going to ACEN next year if I can finish my costume in time. I'm so looking forward to meeting more Cosplayers :) I know Jaquii and RyanW usually attend ACEN but there is no way I can yet get there on my own. Perhaps we can make a gathering somewhere in the area on a weekend? I'd love to come dressed but I do not know how long until I have my other parts of the costume completed. I'll definitely be getting in touch with you Venus. Thanks for introducing yourself!

whiteswordsman
09-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I live in Michigan too, but not very close to Mt. Clemens. I would still be very interested in meeting there sometime and I would definately be interested in doing some group stuff at conventions and all. I am going to my first con this October (Kaze con in Illinois) as Guts from Berserk. I'm currently looking for someone that wants to go to a con as Caska (obviously only a girl can do this). Well, I'm out.......

Catboi Blues
09-29-2003, 03:40 PM
T-R-L: It was great seeing you again at ren fest yesterday, sorry that I was so tough to track down. It really was a hectic weekend. How did your pictures turn out? Can't wait to see them.

PN: Were you there yesterday at fest? If you did make it, I'm really sorry that I missed you. I was running up and down fest all day.

Venus: I didn't know there was a BW3 in Mt. Clemens. The only one in the area that I knew about was in Sterling Heights in front of the AMC theater there(Mound Rd and M-59/Hall Rd). I'm all up for a gathering there. ^_^

panda ninja
09-29-2003, 04:30 PM
yes i was there yesterday, i dont think i saw any of you guys there tho, i was to buisy running around in my pretty little fairy wings and pokeing random people with my sparkly horns O.o lol

The-Real-Link
09-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks again for keeping me informed Catboi. I know it's hard to manage everything so please don't feel too bad...that faire was SO busy! Yes all the pics turned out great, I can show you during the week sometime. The Musketeers and pirates rocked!
Yeah I'd be up for doing something like a con, even if I wasn't in costume but maybe I could bring things...we have time to plan still.

Sala
09-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Hi! It's nice to see that there are other people from SE Michigan who are into costuming and cosplay! I'm from Ann Arbor, but I attend college in Pennsylvania (but I am in Michigan in the summer!) But I would love to meet up with any Michigan people who venture to any of the East Coast cons! (Katuscon, anyone?)
Maybe we could have a SE Michigan photoshoot sometime...I do come home for winter break, spring break and summer!

Catboi Blues
09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
T-R-L: Well, I'm still trying to arrange for a group to go to ConClave this year. Its the 3rd weekend of October in Lansing.

AR3: Hello there. Winter break, eh? Gives us time to plan things in advance alright. Funny that you should mention Katsucon, I'm staff at that con...and Nekocon and Anime USA(all of those in Virginia, go figure).

daguru
10-01-2003, 05:55 PM
O.O

.....AWESOME!!! I felt like I was the only cosplayer from Mi. Im from Ann Arbor too! As of now, Im a senior at Huron High.

terrablue
10-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Another MI peep here. :D I'll probably be at the C-Kon this year.

The-Real-Link
10-02-2003, 03:59 AM
Awesome! Good to see a lot of people starting to emerge from our great state :) Catboi, maybe we can plan on going to MCCC or if things work out, Conclave. I'd have to see what my schedule is and find about driving or getting there but I would think it would be very fun.

Sala
10-02-2003, 07:50 PM
daguru,
Hooray for more Ann Arbor people!!! Ah, Huron. The River Rats. Too bad I went to Greenhills...*lol* Do you ever attend Animania at the U of M? I went to it for years before I finally went of to college myself...over the summer they were showing a few good series, i have no idea what they're showing now. www.umich.edu/~animania

daguru
10-02-2003, 08:22 PM
unfortunately, I couldn't go. I didn't know about it till like 7pm that day and I was busy building a mach 5 costume for a friend.

...!!!! your going to katsucon 9? I currently have no one to go with and there are a lot of people Im suppose to meat there. If you (so far) have an empty hotel room, wanna share a room? saves $!

Catboi Blues
10-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Actually this next year marks Katsucon 10. I remember this as I'll be staffing there for gameshow and programming. I'll actually be ~15 minutes from the Ann Arbor area this weekend in Milan.

Mizuho
10-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey everybody... Rochester Hills girl here. ^_^ Cool to see a bunch of other cosplayers from Michigan!! It would be really cool if we could all get together one day and meet up!!

Hmm... While I'm here, does anyone happen to know when the U of M 'Con ja Nai' is this year, by chance?

The-Real-Link
10-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Yay welcome to the thread! I know there are many others here who've been to ACEN or plan on going. Maybe we can work something out, even if it's just a weekend gathering for now.

Catboi Blues
10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Just wanted to inform everyone here on this thread that I am having a Halloween party at my place this year and I'm giving an invite to all of you. The party will be held of the 30th (of this month of course). So if anyone is interested, please RSVP as soon as you can so I can make my preparations. ^_^

Gryphonic_Angel
10-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Count me in!! I love halloween. Last year I had a huge party and did my whole house like american mcghee's Alice. (anyone ever play that game?). Stupid apartment. cant do squat here. oh well. Can't wait.

oh and what's this con jya nai?

The-Real-Link
10-07-2003, 02:21 AM
Oh yeah wow I'd love to do that and come over. Maybe I can get enough of the costume together in time for it too. You can PM me with more details... Either way I'm sure I could get there with a friend or just have my mom take me, it should be no problem.
*looks* hmm Thursday...I have 2 classes Friday but I don't forsee anything big going on. If anything I just might have to leave later that night or something. Sounds like a ton of fun :) Whatcha got planned?

Oh yeah anyone who's planning on coming have a Gamecube? I can always bring a controller or 2 and of course have Smash Bros Melee and Soul Calibur II :)

panda ninja
10-07-2003, 04:22 PM
srry i havnt replied in so long ^^' i was grounded from the comp hehe.........well anyway, its good to see so many people here from MI, and once again what is this Con Ja Nai u speek of?^^' well is any one going to MCCC? ill be dressed as Haruko from FLCL, im sewing the costume as we speek ^^

Gryphonic_Angel
10-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Hey can't wait for the party catboi but just outta curiosity how many people are gonna be there? rough guess? and are they gonna be all kinds of peeps or just anime fans like us?

TRL ifn you need a ride there I'm always happy to help. From yer post i wasn't sure if you had one or not.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Here's just a little gift for my fellow michigan cosplayers. I thought of a really cool scene today and well here it is.

Catboi Blues
10-08-2003, 01:13 PM
GA: I'm still getting RSVPs from people, but I should know how many people are coming by next week. I'll be having all kinds of people over. Some will be from here, some will be from a game I play and the others are all people that I've known for a long time. But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that most of them are Anime fans as well.

Also you never answered before, which Gameworks do you work at?

Mizuho
10-08-2003, 07:05 PM
I think it will be so much fun! There aren't many opportunities for Michigan cosplayers to get together and socialize... ^_^ You can count on me being there!

And... It won't be hard to get there... Since you live like ten minutes away from me!! :) I think it'll be fun, and I hope to meet other Michigan Cosplayers there! ^o^ I'm so glad I finally have something to do for Halloween...

Gryphonic_Angel
10-08-2003, 08:29 PM
weeeeeellll ummmmm I don't work at gameworks anymore. I got canned for some really dumb reasons (mainly cuz i got the balls to tell my boss what i think of him once i'd started to work at pepsi.) I really didn't do anything worth being fired for. as for which one it was the one at great lakes crossing. it's the only one in michigan.

soo what does everyone think of my story. It was just a scene i could picture in my head and i wrote out real quick.

The-Real-Link
10-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Very cool and atmosphereic :) Oh and Gryph, I need to still check with my mom if I can get to Catboi's place myself, or I might end up needing a ride. However, if it involves costumes or equipment I most definitely need to head home first :)

Shinobi
10-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Checking to make sure there are no newbie-killers around.

>.> *Looks to the right*
<.< *Looks to the left*

All clear! ^_^

Hey, what up everybody? I'm in Detroit about 10 minutes from 8 Mile and Harper. I had posted a message asking about MI cosplayers and I got a link to this thread. Who-ray! XD I went to my first con earlier this year (ACEN) and the cosplay peoples surprised the hell outta me. So now I am going to do my first cosplay later this month at Anime Reactor. I wanted to choose a character nobody has done yet, so I'm going as Dhalsim from Street Fighter, and as a Pokemon Soldier. I want to go to that MCCC I just heard about, but I already depleted my funds on stuff for AR. :( Anybody else gonna be at Anime Reactor?

Oh, and I also wanted to know if anyone would be interested in getting a cos group together to go Lord of the Rings Return of the King and/or Matrix Revolutions when they play at Star Southfield Theater (or anywhere else - Star Southfield is just the closest to me.) Can't wait to meet joo guys in "real life"! XD

P.S. Link, I just checked out your gallery. *Gets hypnotized by coolness of teh shield & sword*

daguru
10-11-2003, 11:04 PM
shinobi- Don't worry. If we killed newbs, the veteran's would eventually go extinct. Is that a picture of you in your avatar? if yes, i strongly suggest that you be dhalsim. That would be really awesomely cool! A friend of mine (who is a 2-d fighter maniac) is really looking forward to someone who already looks like dhalsim, cosplay as dhalsim. I believe that a trait like that should not be wasted, so if you need help with anything (like making skulls or something) PLEASE let me know!

Link- *hears what shinobi said and looks in link's gallery* HOLY CRAP ON A STICK! That shield rules! I love how you airbrushed those shadows. The master sword is even cooler!

everyone- how about a big cosplay trip to Cedar Point on Halloweekends?

Shinobi
10-11-2003, 11:21 PM
*QuickReply* Yes, that's my pic. ;)

venus2869
10-12-2003, 01:41 AM
everyone- how about a big cosplay trip to Cedar Point on Halloweekends?

Well, for those of us who don't have cars, how about a local meeting?? I have posted before that I do work at Buffalo Wild Wings, in Mt. Clemens and it is very easy to get to(by bus or car) I can arrange to have an area, just for us.

I would really like to meet everyone, since I soon will be working with ACen in regards to the masquerade contests and security. Who knows, I might be able to have some of you on staff at the con!

If anyone is interested, please let me know!!

The-Real-Link
10-12-2003, 01:46 AM
That rocks! I'm like right next door to you Shinobi...sorta ;) Well my mom seems to be fine with atleast the fact that there is the party and I'm wanting to go so I am really wanting to think I'll have no problem at all. Waiting though is SO hard :)
Shinobi, that's awesome you want to do a SFII character since that game rocks and I've not seen a ton of them as Dhalsam at all. If anything since he doesn't have a shirt from what I can remember, his costume should be easy to do.
I've not planned at all for Anime Reactor, let alone movie premieres since I am currently going crazy looking for buckles. Like I've told the others here, I don't plan to be done until next May but perhaps I can get something halfway together for Halloween.

Thanks very much for your kind comments about my gallery, :)

Shinobi
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Awww... come on. Link. Do some "ghetto" cosplay! Elf ears are like only 12 bucks. Throw a sheet around you (call it a robe), line your eyebrows so they look arched, and your an instant LOTR character. XD *Dies laughing*

And venus, I'd be interested in that gathering you were talking about. ;) Anybody else up for it?

daguru
10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
yeah. me too!

The-Real-Link
10-13-2003, 01:18 AM
LOL!! I could do that too I guess ;) If I want to do a ghetto Legolas that could use $12 elf ears then I might consider it but right now I'm already working to make my own ^^. *sighs* Maybe my own standards are too high for my own good, but once I finish my current costumes, I can always make other ones. I hope to have a long time of cosplaying ahead :)

Venus - Feel free to PM me and let me know what you are able to work out once you know what kinds of people you'll need for ACEN, or posting here is fine too. It'd be interesting to work at it, but it would be my first con and I'd prefer to go around in costume I think.

Catboi Blues
10-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey there Shinobi, welcome aboard. I'll be at Anime Reactor. As for a Matrix or LotR cosplay outing, I have no problem with that. I did the same thing with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Venus: I'm all for a gathering there at your BW3. I still think its a great idea.

For ConClave, I'm finalizing things for this weekend(and doing finishing touches on some outfits) and I need to know who will be in the hotel room. Also I can arrange for a carpool if anyone is interested. The convention van has been dormant for too long and I can't think of a better time to use it.

Lastly, my Halloween party. The party will on on Thursday the 30th. As before, everyone on this board is invited.

Oh yeah, before I forget. Shinobi, since you seem to be a Street Fighter fan and you want to go as someone no one has done before, have you ever thought of going as DeeJay from Super SF2? Just thought I would toss that out to you.

Shinobi
10-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Shinobi, since you seem to be a Street Fighter fan and you want to go as someone no one has done before, have you ever thought of going as DeeJay from Super SF2?

No, I didn't think of him. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)

But once you meet me in person and hear my voice (I'm originally from the island of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands) you'll probably think I'd make a way better DeeJay than Dhalsim. :D

Matrix Rev opens on the 5th supposedly. Hopefully I'll have some kind of gear for it by then. I just checked out Yahoo, and LOTR is going to be BIG. They are actually going to release all the previous movies at the same time the new one starts showing! So in some places in the U.S., that week is gonna be like cosplay heaven. :love:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&id=1808405636&cf=prev

So errr... where's this party? How long a drive from Detroit? Why is the sky blue? Is Saddam really an evil cosplayer? Are pop-tarts a diabolical scheme to genetically enhance young people's minds via sugar-induced endorphins? :eeek:

Ok. No more questions. ;)

Catboi Blues
10-13-2003, 11:09 PM
The party will be at my house in Rochester Hills. That's roughly an hour's drive from Detroit.

As for the other questions, the sky is blue because of the different gasses that comprise of our atmosphere. Saddam is not an evil cosplayer, just evil. And I'm not quite certain about the pop-tarts yet, still deciding on that one.

The Matrix and LotR gatherings that you've proposed have certainly caught my attention BTW.

Jill Sandwich
10-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Just wanted to say that I am from the Southeastern MI area. Reffered to this post forum by Catboi. *^_^* We~ll... I'm not good at ice breakers, but if any of you are in the East Lansing area (I go to college now, whoo!) get in touch!

The-Real-Link
10-14-2003, 04:31 AM
I'll let you know of my Conclave plans ASAP. I need to think about it and even see what days I could afford to make it since I have classes Friday (albeit earlier in the day). They get out around 1pm. What did you have in mind for the carpool Catboi? It'd be much more convenient to share a hotel room and break up the costs for affordability of course.
Alas, I can't cosplay for this con but I'm sure I can still have a great time! If you need to let me know anything about the party, of course you can post it here, send a PM, or through chat.

Catboi Blues
10-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Jill Sandwich: glad you could make it to the board. Everyone give her a big hello.

T-R-L: Thanks, I'll let you know if there's anything you can bring. I'm still working on the carpool, so I'm not quite sure what's happening with that.

Shinobi: I'm half tempted to bring one of my old Street Fighter costumes out of the mothballs for AR if you're interested. Also, would you be interested in carpooling?

Everyone: for ConClave, I have a room reserved for our group. Split between several people its a very affordable rate(~$40 a person). Whether you're going to MCCC or ConClave this weekend, we should all have a really good time.

venus2869
10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Hey all!!

Well if everyone is free next week, I think that would be a great time to meet up!

I get my schedule either friday or sat. And from that I'll know what
day(s) I'll have off. Usually it's either wed, thurs or Fri.

We can do this in the evening, to work with everyone's schedules. I would say between 6-9 would be the time window to work with.

If anyone needs help getting there by bus, I know just about every SMART & DOT schedules, so I can get ya here from just about anywhere!!

Shinobi: you would just take the 8 Mile to Gratiot, then get the 560 23 mile/New Balt. SMART bus at Gratiot & 8 Mile, near the Shell gas station & Burger King. Then get off in downtown Mt. Clemens, less than a block away from the resturant. Just look for a closed Mobil station & Sarrento's Pizza.

Link: You would get the same SMART bus, but you could catch it downtown, near the UofD Mercy campus. And with you on the bus 1st, you can hang out with Shinobi so you won't get lost!

The addy is: 48 Market Street, 48043(for those of you who use Yahoo Maps or Mapquest for directions)

Also, with the weather changing so fast nowadays, I wouldn't recommend wearing costumes. That and the staff at BDub's would freak out! (trust me, they are my co-workers!)

Everyone get back to me about this ASAP!! Thanks!

Catboi Blues
10-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm open myself usually on wed and thurs myself(as I'm usually at some convention or another on Fridays). I say we try to get this arranged.

Thanks again Venus.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Aye! I'm with catboi and venus. I was also thinking that all of us going to catboi's party get together earlier in the day. While I'm happy to go anyways I'd prefer not to go to a party and not know ANYBODY!

Venus If there's anything I can do to help get us all together lemme know.

BTW i wanna apologise to everyone for starting to make plans and then dropping them earlier. I got really busy but hooray now I'm not busy again!

If anyone wants to chat with me feel free to contact me on MSN messenger as Gryphonic_ANgel@hotmail.com or yahoo messenger as Gryphonic_ANgel@yahoo.com

Gryphonic_Angel
10-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Oh i almost forgot a couple of things. One Is anyone going to nekocon or anime Usa this year.

and second *whips out a pair of twin desert eagles and starts firing at shinobi for being a newbie*

hehe just kidding.

seriously tho if anyone is considering going to either con lemme know. I'm thinking to go and mebbe we could carpool or something.

Irvy
10-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Wow, there's actually a lot of michigan cosplayers out there! I kind of live near Detriot. (kind of being two and a half hours away)
I'm too broke right now to go to any cons ( I wanted to go to AnimeReactor this year. Damn lack of funds) Are any of you guys going to be at Jafax this year or Acen?

Irvy
10-15-2003, 12:52 AM
haha Don't mind my last post i was too lazy at the time to scroll through some of the posts.n.n;

If anyone is interested in going to Jafax or Acen feel free to get in contact with me. Especially for Jafax I live all of half an hour a way from where it's held. my AIM SN is :Jennyeatworid

Gryphonic_Angel
10-15-2003, 12:55 AM
hehe lack of funds. i know that feeling. welcome to the thread.
I'm not going to anime reactor tho, i do plan to head out to jafax in 2k4. this years jafax is long over. also I'm thinking bout heading to nekocon or animeusa later this year. mebbe if'n i can get some peeps to ride with me it might push me to actually go. plus they can help solve the lack of funding problems.

ya know the funny part. only fellow michiganders (doesn't that word sound dumb to you) understand that you really do live close to hell and that it freezes over every november.

Irvy
10-15-2003, 12:58 AM
I'd like to go to a couple of cons this year but it's always hard to find people to go with me. I don't think I'd be able to make Nekocon but do you think you'd be able to make it Ohayocon ( I think that's how it's spelt)?
I'd love to go to Hell Michigan and get a post card. That'd be a funny thing to send someone " Wish you were here,Hell"

The-Real-Link
10-15-2003, 02:48 AM
Ok Catboi I've started to find out about Conclave and I'll be in touch with you tomorrow (Wed) about a few things.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Sorry irvy ohayocons was october 1st. yer a little late!

daguru
10-15-2003, 12:29 PM
I'd like to go to a couple of cons this year but it's always hard to find people to go with me. I don't think I'd be able to make Nekocon but do you think you'd be able to make it Ohayocon ( I think that's how it's spelt)?
I'd love to go to Hell Michigan and get a post card. That'd be a funny thing to send someone " Wish you were here,Hell"

I recently found out that Im not that far from hell :eeek: . I want to go there, put on my Pyramid Head (sh2) costume and stand in front of the "welcome to hell sign" and get a few pictures with "The Residents of Hell." :devil: :devil: :devil:

Catboi Blues
10-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Um...GA? Ohayocon is in January. But as for Neko and AUSA, I'll be going there. Perhaps we can coordinate. Anyone interested in going to ConClave this weekend, send me a PM so I can finalize my preparations.

Shinobi
10-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Ooooookay. Been trying to organize my thoughts so I could finally post.

Catboi: I'd really like to carpool with joo guys, but I already bought a GreyHound ticket to Chicago. Doh! *Smacks head* As for you bringing you Street Fighter stuffs, could you do it? To my knowledge there is only one other StreetFighter cosplaying at the Anime Reactor, and he said he's going as "Dan". Friday is my Pokemon Soldier day, but I'll be Dhalsim for the entire Saturday and half the day on Sunday.

Speaking of Pokemon Soldier... here's some new pics of it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5104&ppuser=9653&password=&page=

Yeah, it looks retarded - but I don't care. :P

Venus: I want to come to that meeting, but I am not sure if I will be able to. I'm still waiting on some cosplay stuff I ordered, and one of them is coming by Express Mail when they finish customizing it. So I'm pretty much stuck at home waiting for it to get here, because I have to sign for them to delivery it. :(

And Gryphonic Angel has a point - I'd kind of feel weird just showing up to your party without knowing anybody there. Couldn't we all meet first (in cosplay) at Oakland Mall or somewhere else? Just a thought. ;)

The-Real-Link
10-15-2003, 03:54 PM
I would guess that even though it may be weird to meet everyone at Catboi's party, there is the fact that any other "first" event would have the same results regardless of where it is. I'll have to see how things work out though before I can comit to next week in any way yet :(

daguru
10-15-2003, 04:11 PM
just set up a few video game systems at the party and im sure you'll make friends. :bigtu:

Irvy
10-15-2003, 07:01 PM
I can't wait for my midterms to be over with. Then I'll have a lot more free time. I don't think I'll be able to make the outing this time around but would you guys be interested in doing something for the premier of The Return of the King? I know people in other states are having various get togethers for it.

The-Real-Link
10-15-2003, 07:08 PM
I'd have to really see what I could work up for that since it falls right around my Christmas break. As far as Conclave is concerned though, I should be able to get everything set.

Irvy
10-15-2003, 07:39 PM
I guess some people want to have one around Detriot? I was planning on going with my friends ( a couple of who cosplay) to see it in Celebration cinnemas. That's right by rockford/Grand Rapids. If anyone lives closure to there than detriot let me know.
I might be able to go to conclove for the day, it's pretty close to where I live.

whiteswordsman
10-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Hello to everyone,
I noticed that there are a lot of new members here that are from Southeast Michigan. I am from Huron Township Michigan (just north of Monroe County line) and I just started cosplaying. I have cosplayed as Gatsu at Kazecon 2003, and I plan on having 2 more costumes done before my next con, Lupin and Kiriyama from Battle Royale. Well, if anyone wants to chat or what not, hit me up. If any of you want to for a cosplay group, hit me up for that too. Well, I'll cya all later. Oh yeah, I will hopefully be attending sewingcatboi's party so I hope to see you all there.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-15-2003, 11:59 PM
I would guess that even though it may be weird to meet everyone at Catboi's party, there is the fact that any other "first" event would have the same results regardless of where it is. I'll have to see how things work out though before I can comit to next week in any way yet :(

Well first of all I definately wouldn't let that stop me from going to his party. I'm always up for meeting new people. But it'll be harder to get to know people at a big party than if some of us got together before the party. What i had in mind was a little laser tag or something before the party and we could all carpool to the party afterwards. Also we all kinda know each other a little just from posting here. THat and my costume is turning out AWESOME (i hope. not quite done yet) and i wanna show it off. hehe.

welcome to the forum whiteswordsman. Oh and if ohayocon is in jan. how come i went to the website and it said october first. if i got the wrong url could someone post the proper one?

Gryphonic_Angel
10-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh yeah. hey catboi what time's the party? around how late is it gonna last (for the love of kittens all night!).

and i wanna thank everyone one this thread for being here. Onna these days we ALL need tae go to a con together. mebbe the Ohayocon in jan. 2004? that would be cooooool.

The-Real-Link
10-16-2003, 04:41 AM
Oh no GA, I knew what you meant. I figured it would just be something that we'd have to get over, not that I'm using that as an excuse for missing Catboi's party because I'm so hyped about it myself! Ooooohhh lazer tag :) Yeah that would be really fun if we could do something like that.

Catboi Blues
10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
...cosplay lazertag perhaps?

*ehem*

Anyhow, I'm hoping to start the party early in the afternoon and keep it going until late(aka, when the last person leaves). There is no real end time for the party, so you don't have to worry about being kicked out in the middle of the night or anything like that. Final preparations for ConClave are today. If you plan on coming, please get in contact with me. I'll be at home for most of the day and I can usually be reached via AIM or PM. I look forward to seeing/meeting some of you this weekend.

Irvy
10-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I should be able to go to conclave (lets hope I don't get lost!)
I'm up for Ohayocon. I believe it's the weekend before I go back to school so I don't have to worry about school getting in the way ^^

Gryphonic_Angel
10-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Well seems like lasertag is a good idea to everyone.(i love it though i haven't played in forever.)

The only problem is having it before catboi's party since , if memory serves, lasertag joints don't get busy til like 6pm. I was figuring we'd all be in costume so that leaves out switching to paintball( no paint is going anywhere's near my costume). Gimme til tomorow and I'll see what I can figure out. and if anyone knows a good place lemme know.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Hey catboi get a hold of me tonight (oct 16) if you can. I'll either be on yahoo messenger or else i left you my number on yahoo. doesn't matter how late. there's noone to wake up!

Catboi Blues
10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Done and done. This weekend is going to be fun and I look forward to meeting everyone that will be attending ConClave. For those that are going to MCCC, I hope that all of you have a good time as well.

For those attending ConClave, I will have a Cosplay.com sign made up and waiting over at either registration, con-ops, con suite or a bulliten board. I'll try to get more than one up with the location of the room. Everyone, have a nice weekend.

Shinobi
10-17-2003, 12:11 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :blubber:

Me not being able to go makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad panda.
(Southpark, hee hee)

But I hope joo guys have a great time. I only wish you could stop by so I could get some pics of your costumes. :sulk: Oh well...

Catboi, I already PM'ed you and told you I could make the Anime Reactor carpool trip after all. Yay! :dance:

Anybody else want to carpool with us? The more the merrier. ;)

Catboi Blues
10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Almost forgot. On Saturday if that is when you are planning on attending, I should be dressed as Icchan from Angelic Layer. You really can't miss me. I'll either be there in broad daylight or slinking around corners as he tends to do. ^^;;

venus2869
10-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey all!

I just got my schedule tonight and I have Thursday free! Please let me know what time frame would be good for everyone.

I was thinking between 5-9ish, give or take. Now if we can, it can be held on wed, with that being 2 for $1 chicken leg night! Please let me know if this is good for everyone & I can get the ball rollin'!

Venus

Shinobi
10-19-2003, 09:40 AM
I just got notification that my stuff is coming in on Tuesday. Yay! ^_^ So I';; be able to come if you are still haveing that gathering. But I probably won't be ale to e there til 7 PM....

panda ninja
10-19-2003, 02:12 PM
srry i havnt replyed in forever, i have been grounded from the computer, heh.......well any way, can someone pm me and tell me all the stuff i missed in short, im to lazy to read through all of this, lol. btw, that lord of the rings thing sounds cool shinobi, i already have a galdriel costume ^^

panda ninja
10-19-2003, 02:19 PM
also i didnt make to MCCC if any one went, i was ill and couldnt make it so i will be going to toronto anime con on november 9th, ^^can someone recap me on when catbois party is and where and all that stuff?

Gryphonic_Angel
10-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Any time is good for me, venus as long as it's later in the afternoon.

Panda all we know for sure is that catboi's party is at his house in rochester and that it'll start late afternoon. Im also trying to set up some lasertag right before but I'm still checking out some LT places.

Mizuho
10-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Venus-- there is a possibility that I will be able to make it on Thursday evening. Where is the restaurant located?

Irvy
10-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, I got to meet a few of the members who went to conclave. They are really nice guys ^_^ ( I even got to hold the Link Sword and shield!)

I don;t think I'll be able togo to either of the events. Mainly because it's atleast a 3 hour drive for me to go there, so that's 6 hours in one day @_@

Shinobi
10-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey guys, I got to meet a few of the members who went to conclave. They are really nice guys ^_^ ( I even got to hold the Link Sword and shield!)

Ooooooh... I'm so jealous. >_<

I hate jooo! :p

daguru
10-19-2003, 06:49 PM

well, im glad you feel that way. Oh....

!!!IMPORTANT!!! If you knew about my "skit" (im the storm trooper), please keep it a secret because I want to use it at other larger cons. thanx :sunny:

Shinobi
10-19-2003, 07:37 PM
I wanna see some pics of what I missed... :sulk:

Gryphonic_Angel
10-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Well I hope everyone who went enjoyed conclave. Lucky bastards.

to irvy I really hate you (hehe i wanna hold the sword too. hopefully TRL will bring em to the party.)

If'n anyone needs a lift to either the party or the meeting venus is setting up PM me. I'm always glad to help.

The-Real-Link
10-20-2003, 01:12 AM
Argh...wow lol tons of hate directed in my general direction ^.o. Ok Ok, I know everyone's just anxius or jealous but yes your times will come soon enough, *cackles* yes they will :)

Catboi - My sincerest thanks for all the help you've given to me so that I could have a blast over the weekend! I'm so looking forward to many more cons in the future :) I really can't thank you enough, and also simply for helping me with the equipment much more than once. ^.~

Dagaru - It was a pleasure to have met you. It was definitely a VERY FUN experience I wouldn't have traded anything for. (no not even the sword or shield). Your costume was EXCELLENT and leaves me in awe, and as for the skit well it goes without saying... I'll PM or AIM you later about getting in touch with your dad sometime.

Irvy - It was awesome to have finally met you, even though you couldn't stay for the whole time. You did an awesome job on Irvy :) and I hope you had fun messing with my stuff!

I'll probably end up posing some Conclave pics tomorrow or just contact everyone on AIM, but it'll have to wait till past 6pm for classes. Needless to say..I'm just a little exhausted but very happy :) (I think I got up to something near 16 or 17 hours with the sword and over 1 hour with the shield) and so yeah I think I'm going to go lay down... ^^

Oh yeah Venus, Thursday I have one class - that's it. :) If I can arrage a ride or something, that day is really great for me.

Talk to everyone later!

The-Real-Link
10-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Argh...wow lol tons of hate directed in my general direction ^.o. Ok Ok, I know everyone's just anxius or jealous but yes your times will come soon enough, *cackles* yes they will :)

Catboi - My sincerest thanks for all the help you've given to me so that I could have a blast over the weekend! I'm so looking forward to many more cons in the future :) I really can't thank you enough, and also simply for helping me with the equipment much more than once. ^.~

Dagaru - It was a pleasure to have met you. It was definitely a VERY FUN experience I wouldn't have traded anything for. (no not even the sword or shield). Your costume was EXCELLENT and leaves me in awe, and as for the skit well it goes without saying... I'll PM or AIM you later about getting in touch with your dad sometime.

Irvy - It was awesome to have finally met you, even though you couldn't stay for the whole time. You did an awesome job on Irvy :) and I hope you had fun messing with my stuff!

I'll probably end up posing some Conclave pics tomorrow or just contact everyone on AIM, but it'll have to wait till past 6pm for classes. Needless to say..I'm just a little exhausted but very happy :) (I think I got up to something near 17 or 18 hours with the sword and over 1 hour with the shield) and so yeah I think I'm going to go lay down... ^^

Oh yeah Venus, Thursday I have one class - that's it. :) If I can arrage a ride or something, that day is really great for me.

Talk to everyone later!

Shinobi
10-20-2003, 02:09 AM
WTF?!? I knew it! The Real Link has a doppelganger! :eek:

heh heh - joo posted the same thing twice ;)

venus2869
10-20-2003, 08:20 AM
I just got notification that my stuff is coming in on Tuesday. Yay! ^_^ So I';; be able to come if you are still haveing that gathering. But I probably won't be able to be there til 7 PM....

Shinobi:
That's why I said the 5-9 time frame for it. 7 would be a ok time. I'm going to have that as the arrival time for all of us. That way, those of us that have a bit of a drive should make it there in time, without missing anyone or anything.

Link: Cool! If you get to Buffalo from down there(you're taking classes in downtown detroit, right?), it's a breeze to get there.

All right, so I'll put in for the table to be held for us on Thursday, arrivals around 7-7:30ish. Don't worry about comming in costume, since it might be a Red Wings night too, there will be a crowd already there, and I don't think my managers would like it! :(

Soon as I get more details, I will post'em!

The-Real-Link
10-20-2003, 10:44 PM
That's cool. I'm sure if I can end up getting a ride from Catboi or get there another way it'll work out well. Oh and if I get to bring a Gamecube for Catboi's party, I'm going to need a couple controllers since I only have 3 (one sticks a little but works fine). I should have no problem with games though.

Gryphonic_Angel
10-20-2003, 10:55 PM
duhrrrrrr read my earlier post. I'm I can give ye a lift linkers. (sorry bout the sarcasms. I"m kinda POed right this second)

seriously tho if'n ye need i'm still offering a lift.

Oh and if we're doing vid games at catboi's we should do a LAN party!! I can bring two comps!.
sides that i got some PS2 games and remotes i can bring. catboi just lemme know what's ya needs.

Side note. still working on that lasertag thingy. Ma costumes just got me a little busy right now. oh btw anyone going to the rave from the grave?

The-Real-Link
10-20-2003, 11:49 PM
That sounds cool but I would wonder what LAN games there'd be? I'm a Counterstrike fan myself along with some MMORPG's but I have a huge moniter and desktop so I could imagine it would be unfeasible for me right now. I also have a lot of gear to bring if I take my costume to the party too and my mom would go crazy :)

A ride would be cool GA, but my mom's a little iffy when it comes to safety since I don't drive. All I mean to say is that she (and I) know Catboi safely drove me to Conclave and back with no problem but I'll see how my schedule works to do this. Sorry Angel :)

venus2869
10-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Ok people, here's the full scoop on the meeting this week:

When: Thursday, 10/23/03
Where: Buffalo Wild Wings
48 Market Street
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043

Who: Cosplay.com board members(Mostly those of the Southeastern Michigan cosplayer's thread, but all are welcomed!)

Time: If everyone could arrive between 7:30 - 8:00 would be great!

For those of you who drink, there will be beer specials of:
Labatt's & Labatt's light - 5 bottles in a bucket for $10.00
Beer of the Month - Coors & Coors Lite 23oz Drafts $2.75

I've selected the non-smoking section area, since it is a Red Wings night, there will be a HUGE crowd there already!

When you come in, the non section is right to your right. I will try to have the 6-top tables on the far left as our area. Make sure you say Hi to the counter girls, since that's where I work!

I would like to keep everything on 1 tab, so not to confuse the server who will be working our table, and there will be a 15% gratuity added to our tab, if we get over 8 people(I would say about $3-5 per person)

Other than that, look for a mid-30's woman & her almost 13 year-old(I'll be wearing a pink sweater, my daughter will have on a pink top with her inital on it. Check my profile for my pic)

If anyone needs to know about the menu or has special requests, please let me know!

See you all on Thursday!!

Shinobi
10-21-2003, 08:29 PM
It turns out I won't be going to Anime Reactor after all. But I will probably still come to the meeting on THrusday.

The-Real-Link
10-22-2003, 04:29 AM
OK!! Conclave 28 pictures are up! :) Indulge yourself in our sillyness by clicking here ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=7100&cat=500

Enjoy.

Any questions, comments or requests to see more than what is there and for general pic sharing - please PM or IM me!

daguru
10-23-2003, 05:42 PM
should I go as a storm trooper or a pyramid head?

The-Real-Link
10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Daguru, I'd think your Storm Trooper is really great but it's up to you :)

Buffalo Wild Wings (BW3) pics are up!! Feel free to feast on the fun at:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5582&ppuser=7100&password=&page=

Catboi, was great to see you again and hear that things are going well more or less.

Shinobi, it was fun to finally meet you and chat it up. Thanks for the ride and conversation!

Venus, thanks for all the arrangements and I can assure you the food was excellent! You and your daughter are very sweet, kind, and understanding people and I hope that we can have a great time once ACEN rolls around!

See everyone at the party :)

venus2869
10-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey all!

I hope you guys had a great time there!! Can't wait until the party next week!!

For those of you who missed out, I would like to try again, possilbly before Thanksgiving.

See you all soon!

Venus

Irvy
10-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Hey guys, I am glad that you all had fun.I wish I could of made it down there but it's a long haul for me.
May be some of us can meet up at Ohayocon ^^

daguru
10-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I think Catboi needs to give us directions. Like addresses and stuff.

*hint*hint*wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

Gryphonic_Angel
10-24-2003, 08:09 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR Can't beleive i missed the meeting! I got called back into work! well guess that works out for my costume then. hehe

Shinobi
10-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Yay! I finally met some Michigan cosplayers! ^_^

It was great meeting all of you, and everyone had a wealth of information to share. Plus there were those nummy buffalo wings!
*Drools*

It cheered me up alot since I was kinda depressed about not being able to go to Anime Reactor. Did you hear it's raining alot over there? Yay!!!!
*Yes, I'm evil.* :P

It was also very thoughtful of you guys to wait around with us until me and Link's ride got there, just to be sure we got home okay. Joo rock!

See you next week. That is, if anyone ever succeeds in finding the hidden temple with a map that has directions to CatBoi's place. XD

The-Real-Link
10-26-2003, 03:31 AM
*Starts digging*

Shadowlvr
10-27-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey whats up! i live in Southeast michigan 2 :-D i stated to tink there were no michigan cosplayers! lol I use to live in lincoln park for the mean time im living in the country then moving to southgate ! :D

Gryphonic_Angel
10-27-2003, 10:42 PM
ooooooooiiiiieeeee catboi! you still alive? jeez ye could at least have the courtesy to let us know that you died or something. I mean if it's reasonable we'd understand. hehe seriously tho get in touch with some of us and let us know where the party is!

Is anyone still willing to do lasertag before the party? I know i'm a little late (sorry time seems to shift in wierd ways for me). It'll be zapzone in waterford near the corner of m-59 and cass lake rd. god i forget the prices (a friend recommended it to me) but i think it's about 16 bucks for 3 or for games. wish i could be more specific, and I'll try to find out for sure tomorow. Also I'm gonna need at least two people to lemme know before hand that their comming, otherwise I'll cancel and let everyone know.

Catboi Blues
10-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Sorry about that everyone. Been busy as all out this past week and haven't had as much time on the comp as I would have hoped for. The party is still on in case anyone was wondering. As before, open invite to all on the board. Now finally for the directions. Use MapQuest as I can't pinpoint directions for all of you.

181 Shaqbark
Rochester Hills

As soon as the party is over with, I will be removing my address.

GA: I'd really love to, but I'm rather low on funds at the moment with the party and Nekocon and all.

Shadowlvr: welcome aboard. Glad that you found this thread.

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 12:33 AM
I'd like to do lazertag but it would be difficult and dangerous in costume :) I've been to the Zapzone GA mentioned a few times but can't help anyone else get there as I need a ride myself. The main thing is I'd just need to know what times we can plan this at so I know how to arrange my plans / costume for the party.

Oh yes, things are progressing well enough that I should be able to wear it at the party n' bring all the gear as well as a gamecube if the TV is in order. :)

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 12:44 AM
Sorry but the editing is down so I'll have to post again. I tried that addy in Mapquest and it won't let me get directions. I'd need either a ZIP, or intersection because it doesn't seem to accept the 181 Shaqbark by itself.

Catboi Blues
10-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Don't forget to add MI in there. As for the ZIP code, for some reason MapQuest doesn't recognize it.

venus2869
10-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, due to the fact the we have more minors working at BDub's, I won't be able to attend the party at Catboi's! As since I'm one of 2 other over 21 people that either:

1. Have VERY open availablity.

2. Don't have school events or College to attend.

Please have as much fun as you al can without us! AND TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!

Catboi Blues
10-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Awwwwwwwe, I'm sorry to hear that. You will certainly be missed. We'll definately have to arrange something for next month then so that you can come and meet everyone.

daguru
10-28-2003, 12:37 PM
catboi! you need to, like, post address info or something. I don't know if anyone has that info yet.

today is my b-day! yay! I got what I really wanted: The Cowboy Bebop Bandscore! Now if i could only get it autographed...

Shinobi
10-28-2003, 01:02 PM
The reason MapQuest doesn't recognize the zipcode is because... CATBOI'S HOUSE IS HAUNTED!!! :mfg:

Venus, sorry to hear joo can't make it *cries*

I'll probably still be coming, but that's mostly dependant on if my mom's hurry's up and sends my dang ID stuff so I can cash my check. (Whee, MONIES!) If all goes well, I'll be able to give you a ride again if you need one Link (and probably anyone else in the Detroit area). But don't depend on it. Bleh. I hate uncertainties. :sulk:

/Me don't know how to play Lazertag, so I would probably get the bejesus whooped outta me... :blubber:

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Aww! *cries* You will be missed Venus! I'm sure we can always arrange something later for you to come to. I thought I had said something but in case I didn't, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAGURU! :) I'll be on later and should be able to post my arrangements either today or tomorrow.

Catboi Blues
10-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Happy Birthday Daguru.

Shinobi, my house being haunted has nothing to do with MapQuest not working.

Daguru, I have my address listed at the top of this page[9], its the 3rd post down.

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 06:49 PM
This is crazy. Is anyone else having trouble with the address not working in Mapquest?

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Oh yes about stuff for the party, Catboi are you prefering we bring stuff, help you with the cost, or not worry about it? Maybe if each person had some time to pick up a snack or something before they came it would help out but I didn't really know how you wanted to handle the logistics.

We are begging for info! That is all :)

Shinobi
10-28-2003, 09:09 PM
I was bored, so I drew a picture of The-Real-Link.

Here it is: <\^_^/>

Stunning likeness, don'tcha think? *dies laughing*

Yeah, let us know if you want us bring pickled demon's toes or whatnot. Can't let those go to waste. :D

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Argh Shinobi! It's <(o.o)> :) Oh well close enough! Thanks! I..like it *feels special* o.O

Catboi Blues
10-28-2003, 09:57 PM
If the last one didn't work, then try:

181 Shagbark

If everyone could bring something like pop, chips, dip or their own dish(suprise us) it would be appreciated. I trust everyone's judgement...well, for the most part anyways. We're looking to start around 6 in the evening. Does anyone have anymore questions?

The-Real-Link
10-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Wow too funny! I tried the original and it didn't work so I thought "what if I try a g instead of a Q?"..but the street name "Shagbark" just sounded strange...I got it to work now! Everyone can get directions :)

Gryphonic_Angel
10-29-2003, 12:29 AM
oooooooiiiiii I know the money feelings. I kinda got screwed on ma last paycheck. lemme see what i can do for pop (hehe i get mad discounts). how many peeps are comming, roughly.

well guess lasertags off. oh well least it helps ma wallet. jya from the conversations earlier i'm guessing that there's gonna be alotta gaming at dis party? if so need me to bring ma PS2, controllers or games?

can't wait to meet you all! see you soon.

Yorusagi
10-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Hey all!
Im so happy to see that there are other cosplayers in Michigan! I love anime and manga, and i would love to cosplay! Ive never gotten to start though, but maybe soon? I work at Joann fabrics so i know alot about fabrics and patterns. I work at the Joann's in Auburn Hills by the great lakes crossing mall, so if anyone wants a discount, i can give you one ^^ Plus when theres a sale i get to take advantage of it an actualy day before! Anyways, although i cant make it to catboi's party (its my birthday you see....) I hope we can all meet up sometime!

Shinobi
10-29-2003, 01:29 AM
*Quick Reply*

Welcome to the board YuroSagi, joo cute lil bunny person you. ;)

Yorusagi
10-29-2003, 02:02 AM
*giggles*
Blackanese? Thats cute! ^^ It's nice to meet you Shinobi! Thank you for your kind reply. Arigato Gozaimasu! :heart:

Catboi Blues
10-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Welcome aboard the...board.

Its cool. Birthdays are more than a valid reason. We should be arranging another gathering sometime next month. If you would like some help with getting starting on costuming, there are several of us in the area that could give you a hand. Myself included. But I hope you have a fun time at your birthday party. Take care.

daguru
10-29-2003, 12:32 PM
The Ultimate Party Favor: KARAOKE!!!! (yes, I will bring my karaoke machine) All I need is a tv. My XBX is coming too. I could set my music mixer to rave mode and we could have it play over 3 hours of techno music in shuffle mode. If you have an xbx too, please bring it for more games and more game memory(especially if you got halo). Unless if catboi has an amazingly cool sound system, im bringing mine. I guess i could bring Cheesie poofs.

oh....Yorusagi, sorry but NO ONE can ask me for help until June :eeek: . Im busy with 3 costumes.

Yorusagi
10-29-2003, 12:56 PM
aww Daguru...ok i wont ask for your help ^^

Thank you catboi for your offer, ill make sure to contact you if i need anything!

What do you thing you will be doing next month? If its a anime watching gathering, i could bring sushi! I know how to make them! (lol actually i only made one sushi role once...in my japanese class....^^;;)

Just wondering if anyone here bought manga alot? I spend more than half my paycheck on it *lol* Its a very guilty pleasure ;)

*Luv&Hugs*

daguru
10-29-2003, 04:35 PM
I lose mine completely on manga and games. I usually read clamp mangas and a korean manwha called "Ragnarok."

Also, what kind of karaoke-ing do we want? bring your songs on cds but no cdr/rw's. the box can't read 'em. As for me, i'll be bringing lots, and I mean LOTS, of Wierd Al.

The-Real-Link
10-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey guys I'm sorry to put this up so late but my mom's schedule is somewhat busy tomorrow and I was curious if anyone is up to give me a ride to the party please?

I could work with my mom's hours but they are long and if I ended up having her drive me, I'd really not have that much time at the party.

I'm down at the University of Detroit McNichols campus right of of the Lodge on Livernois.

I know GA you were saying that if I needed a ride you may be able to help me out, or Shinobi...If either of you guys were leaving early to get to the party in the afternoon or even around 6, I would like to ask if anyone is able to send a ride my way. My AIM is Concorde135 and I'll be on throughout the evening and early morning.

Catboi Blues
10-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Happy Birthday Yorusagi! I hope today is a very special day for you. So far everything looks like its going well. As a slight downside to things, my projector in the basement doesn't seem to want to work so if we want to get gaming on(which I know that some of you sure do) then would it be possible to bring a TV of some sort with you? Aside from that, drinks and snacks are also appreciated. If anyone has any questions, drop me a line. I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing you you guys tonight. Ja'ne.

The-Real-Link
10-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Happy Birthday Yorusagi! This'll be a fun party :)

Mizuho
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I'll be there soon!! ^_^ I'll probably go as Aeris because currently that's the only costume I can find all the parts to... T_T LOL!

The-Real-Link
10-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm also hopefully on my way within a few hours. If I can't find a ride then I'll just have my mom bring me. Hey, it'll be later than I was hoping but I'll still get there eventually :)

Mizuho
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Yay! The forum is back up!

Anyway, it was so nice to meet you guys... It was a really fun night! Catboi, you and your mother are great hosts. I'm very sorry I couldn't stay longer. And Venus, you and your daughter were greatly missed! If there are any more Michigan gatherings in the future, you have to come! I've always wanted to meet you and your daughter. ^_^

The-Real-Link
11-01-2003, 04:18 PM
I have to agree totaly, yay that the forum is back up! Mizuho it was nice to finally meet you and everyone else at the party. Too bad I couldn't have come earlier but there was still plenty to do and I had a great time. Big thanks to GA for not bailing out on me :) I can't say anything that would diverge from Mizuho's post regarding Catboi - he and his mom were excellent hosts! Thanks!

Yorusagi
11-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Yay the forum is back! Thanks to the cosplay.com workers who got it back and in mint condition ^^

Thanks to you guys who wished me happy birthday! I had a great time and im glad to hear the party was a hit as well! Hopefully we can have another meeting soon! Anybody wanna meet up to go see the Matrix Revolution? ^.^

Gryphonic_Angel
11-02-2003, 01:00 AM
ooooooie I'm so happy the forums back! Catboi thanks for having us over! I had fun. funny fact. right as i finally got home my boss called me to head to work. It was a rough day after but i had a great time.

hey i was wondering anyone wanna get together to watch matrix revolutions. It's opening wednesday and I wanna go see it. What i was thinking was we could all get together a little early, watch the first two and then go see the third one. or for those whom that's a little too much matrix! some people could just meet us at the theator. I wanna get this together so lemme know that yer comming cuz I gots a friend who could probly hook me up with the tickets ahead o time.

Mizuho
11-02-2003, 09:56 AM
I would be glad to go but I have class most of the day on Wednesday, and I'm dirt poor right now, sniff ;_;

Irvy
11-02-2003, 04:57 PM
I am going to see the Matrix at Celebration Cinnemas in GR..anyone feel like trekking down here to see it? ^_^;

Gryphonic_Angel
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
UMmmmm grand rapids is a little far just to see the matrix. What time are you outta class mizuho? I was figuring we'd check out something like the 9 oclock showing. If it works for you we could just meet ya at the theator. Oh and bring a student ID for a discount. what about everyone else. Yer choices are meet at theator or come over early and we'll watch the first two and mebbe animatrix.

The-Real-Link
11-03-2003, 12:02 AM
I have no problem getting out of class early - like 2:30 or so on Wed but again I have not the wheels of freedom, otherwise known as a car ;). I'd like to but I know my suitemate who is obsessed with the Matrix also wanted to go sometime Wednesday so I have to see when he is going cause I know he'll invite me. If his time and yours conflict then that doesn't help.

Shinobi
11-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Not sure if I'm going to MR... Glad to hear joo guys had fun. :P

And I finally took some pics of me in my Dhalsim cosplay. Spooky! :mfg:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5668&ppuser=9653&password=&page=

shadowstalker
11-04-2003, 04:26 AM
Hey, I'm in Ann Arbor. Nice to meet you all. I haven't really cosplayed myself... I've just been making costumes for my fiancee and friends, then taking pictures. I'm trying to make my own cosplay "mook". If any of you want to help, e-mail me or look in the spam section for more details.

Thanks
Kevin ^_^ (shadowstalker)

Catboi Blues
11-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Yay, the thread is back! I'm glad that everyone so far had a fun time at the party. Seeing that it is now November I'm looking to organize another gathering. From the concensus I've gathered, BBQ seems the way to go. Perhaps for the 15th(Sat)?

Shinobi: nice job on your costume man!

Shadowstalker: welcome. Glad you found the thread.

Unfortunately I won't be able to go this week to see MR this week as I'll be taking off in the afternoon on Wed for Nekocon. Gomen.

Shinobi
11-04-2003, 07:06 PM
Hey guys, we reeeeeeeeally need to post some stuffs in the Members Gatherings section when we do stuff like this. I'm sure there are others who can contribute/attend, but they probably have no idea that this stuff is going on since we only post about it in this section...

Shinobi
11-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Ok... So has anyone gotten anything ready for Lord of the Rings Return of the King? I'm cosplaying as a generic goblin-type creature. I have everything already except for my cloak and a pair of medieval pants I need to order.

I know not everybody is in the Detroit area, but if there was a definite group going to any particular theater, I'll go as long as it isn't more than an hour from Detroit. If not, I'll be going to Star theater in Southfield.

So... what's up? ;)

Yorusagi
11-08-2003, 02:31 AM
I cant wait for the third LOTR comes out!! ^^ I saw the matrix the other night and it was really good!

Im gonna go see LOTR at the great lakes crossing mall in auburn hills so if anyone wants to go we should meet up. Although it would be nice to go opening day, if more people are available another day we can do that too ^^

Shinobi - i've driven to detroit before and its about 45 mins away....

**Hugs**

The-Real-Link
11-08-2003, 04:19 AM
It turns out that my mom works somewhat near Great Lakes Crossing but we live almost an hour away and it is no where near UDM but that's still a plan. Perhaps Star Southfield could work out since it is both not too far out of the city for us who are here and not too far in for everyone else in the burbs'. Weekend showings anyone? Otherwise it'd have to be a night I don't have class or end up riding with someone but so far it may work depending on my schedule.

panda ninja
11-08-2003, 12:37 PM
aha! catboi has a picture of him self up! I havnt been to this forum in a long time, i am no longer grounded from my baby--I mean computer...can someone send me a pm and get me up-to-date on all this stuff? ^^

Shinobi
11-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Just read the previous posts, you lazy BUM. :P

Link, if you need a ride, you got it. My friend/neighbor was going to see LOTR anyway, so I just have to convince him to go the same day we're going. ^_^

Yorusagi
11-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey anyone watchin the lunar eclpise? Its so bootyful! Just came back from a Soprano-thon over at my neighbours with tuns of italian dishes....yumm!!! ^o^

daguru
11-09-2003, 10:08 PM
I was on a camping trip this weekend up at grass lake. No cabins and no heating apliances. Geez was it ever cold. Went down to 15 degrees. I had a clear view of the moon and most of the sky. I spotted the andromeda galaxy....you don't normally see that.

venus2869
11-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Alright peeps! Tis the all mighty Con-Mommie here!

I'm more than willing to start a set-up thing for this gathering. I can get showtimes & dates from the theater. I would also suggest an after-movie dinner thing, so everyone can catch up with each other & our projects.

Just give me everyone's availablity, and I can get started.

daguru
11-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Im available wherever and whenever.

Gryphonic_Angel
11-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Im available wherever and whenever.

ditto. UMm has anyone heard from catboi about the barbeque. I can come too as long as i can plan for it off ahead of time. I'll make sushi!

OH hey linkers can ye post the pics form catboi;s party i would love to see them. or at least email them to me.

The-Real-Link
11-11-2003, 02:18 AM
Yeah sure np GA. I've been sending those out through AIM to people since I do have a fair amount of gallery space used up and it takes time to compress 30 pics down. I'll see what I can do though. Right now let me get stuff back in order since I felt like sleeping for 22 hours and am sorta going crazy right now. Stupid papers...

Irvy
11-11-2003, 11:55 AM
I'll go anywhere that's about an hour to an hour and a half a way from me. If we went on thurseday I would be able to go because by then I should be done with break(and assuming the weather's okay) I wouldn't mind the drive ^^

Mizuho
11-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Link... Is it okay if I IM you next time I see you online? I really want some of those pictures, too XD Mostly the group pictures in the living room! Those should be really cool :D

The-Real-Link
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Aye of course! My AIM is on my profile :) Either that or I can just add your name. I'll need to convert these pics down quickly but hopefully I can be online sometime this week. I do have a major paper and several tests here though coming up so it may end up being an interesting week...

Mizuho
11-11-2003, 04:22 PM
No rush at all ^o^ I'm gonna be quite busy myself, so don't feel pressured!! ^_^

Gryphonic_Angel
11-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Hey linkers if you want you can just send me the pics and I'll post them if you wanna save the gallery space. And like mizuho said theres no rush.

The-Real-Link
11-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Ok guys heads up...I would like to see if anyone is planning to go to Otakon next year. I know it is a long way off but we are having talks into a group sized anywhere from 15-35 across the country about heading to Otakon. It's preferably Zelda themed but any costume will work. I know Catboi and others had said they were intersted in possibly going next year so I felt the more people who could be interested in doing this it would break any rental costs down as well as be a lot of fun!

Zelda Otakon Thread at:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=515592#post515592

Shinobi
11-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Good luck on your tests Linku. J00 can do iiiiiit! :D

Catboi Blues
11-12-2003, 11:12 AM
TRL: good luck from me as well.

Alright everyone. Sorry that I haven't posted in over a week but I just got in from Nekocon. Everything is still on for this Saturday for the BBQ. Can I get a shout out from everyone that's coming/interested?

daguru
11-12-2003, 12:29 PM
woah.... bbq? uh...damn. trl was gonna come to my house that day for making link ears.

The-Real-Link
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
ack...I have to find out even if Sat is free. The worse case is I'd need a ride but let's not go crazy just yet. If Saturday is the day stuff is going on, then I'll see what I can do. Daguru, I sent you a PM regarding visiting you just so ya know :) I cleard some space out of the box so you should be able to get through now. I'll post later regarding plans but seeing as how I have 2 major papers due this week as well as 2 tests, I'm going to be busy up till the end of Friday before I can really have fun :(

daguru
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhgggggg!!!
It"s Snowing!!!

NarcissistDandy
11-13-2003, 03:27 PM
And I shall be there too!

Gryphonic_Angel
11-13-2003, 05:12 PM
DOH!!!! well luckily i don't have much work coming this saturday. What time is the BBQ. Linkers lemme know if you need a lift. DUn worry i know where it's at this time. I really don't know exactly what time I'll be off work though.

The-Real-Link
11-13-2003, 07:22 PM
I might be at Daguru's house working on ears but that depends on how my mom's schedule works for Saturday. If I can get to Daguru's, I'm hoping I can get a ride from him but we'll see. I won't be able to say 100% certain until late tomorrow though because I have a huge research paper due, 2 tests, and other assignments all due tomorrow...so I'll have to get back to you on that :) ^^

Catboi Blues
11-13-2003, 10:59 PM
I'm looking at around 4ish to start. Costumes are optional, I leave it to everyone's own judgement.

NarcissistDandy, glad you finally joined. Can I interest more people into showing?

daguru
11-14-2003, 05:58 PM
ill show. but when does it end?

p.s. this time, ill bring my ddr pad, my ps2, AND the ddr game. well that would be inventive, now wouldn't it?

Mizuho
11-14-2003, 08:19 PM
I've got loads of work this weekend, but I'll try my hardest to be there! *Crosses fingers*

Yorusagi
11-15-2003, 02:38 AM
*cries* i work from 11 to 6 on that day -.-;; So i guess i'll have to pass on this one again! Weekends are never good for me since i always work them... *pout*

Yorusagi
11-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey guys guess what?
I was watching a show on MTV where they take 3 girls from their houses (without warning) and lets a guy search their rooms, and based on what he sees he chooses a girl without ever seeing her. Well last night they actually had a girl cosplayer! She had tuns of anime stuff and had tuns of costumes! I couldnt believe it, its the first time ive seen anyone ever mention cosplayers on TV....she was representin'!! lol, she even got chosen as the date, but she told the guy she was interested only in asian guys lol...figures!

The-Real-Link
11-15-2003, 04:37 AM
Yeah I've seen that show a few times too. Makes for interesting TV, that's for sure. I think it's called Room Raiders. Anyway, I'll see you guys tomorrow early around 3:30 perhaps and hanging out there until very late. In addition to Daguru's stuff I guess I'll bring my Gamecube and games again. It'll be a lot of fun!

Catboi Blues
11-15-2003, 09:55 AM
That's really interesting. Aside from the documentary that Soul Crash is putting together I can't really remember when anyone has brought up cosplaying on TV.

Yorusagi: maybe I'll run into you today as I have a fabric run I have to do. Also, feel free to stop on by after work. We're looking to go well into the evening. Hope to run into you.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me, I should be home for the majority of the day.

daguru
11-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Hey guys guess what?
I was watching a show on MTV where they take 3 girls from their houses (without warning) and lets a guy search their rooms, and based on what he sees he chooses a girl without ever seeing her. Well last night they actually had a girl cosplayer! She had tuns of anime stuff and had tuns of costumes! I couldnt believe it, its the first time ive seen anyone ever mention cosplayers on TV....she was representin'!! lol, she even got chosen as the date, but she told the guy she was interested only in asian guys lol...figures!

yup, that's yuffiebunny. I still havn't seen that episode! I wanna watch it! *cries*

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23763

Yorusagi
11-15-2003, 02:17 PM
ahh its this saturday?? I thought it was the one after lol....well it doesnt matter tonight is even worst i work from 5 to close....*cries again*

Catboi Blues
11-16-2003, 09:33 PM
Well, I think the BBQ went over well last night. Things ran a bit on the late side (12:30am) but I'm not complaining. Aside from the burgers taking a bit longer than expected, I think things went well. Hopefully I'll actually have a working projector next time, but there is still no guaruntee on that one. Any suggestions for the next gathering?

Yorusagi
11-16-2003, 10:19 PM
We should all go see the LOTR when it comes out! I think that would be a cool gathering....

Shadowlvr
11-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi! lol i would like to go to the next gathering, if thats ok with you guys ^_^ I could probably drag my friend to drive me out to where ever it may be ^_^ Pls respond!!

The-Real-Link
11-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Yep of course I'm up for it :) Just gotta know when and where!

NarcissistDandy - Of course I felt rebar was more circular with steel wraping around like a drill bit but anyway um yeah thanks for beating me over da' head with that ...again and again...die...whap...die...whap...Nightmare wins! You know that just makes me eager for a rematch :)

Good SCII fun. Thanks for having us over Catboi ^_^

Oh yes, thanks to Daguru too! I know I had to rush off but I think we got things started well enough. Have to see how everything goes...

Catboi Blues
11-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Yorusagi, not a bad idea. I believe that Shinobi and I think Venus were also interested. But then again, who wouldn't be?

Shadowlvr, you're welcome to come to the gatherings. Just keep checking this thread for listings of when an event comes up.

T-R-L: Glad you had fun. And yeah, NarcissistDandy is pretty evil when it comes to that rebar weapon.

I know this is a little last minute, but is anyone interested in going to Anime USA this weekend in Virginia?

Gryphonic_Angel
11-17-2003, 03:16 PM
hehe sorry bout staying so long catboi. I honestly didn't realize it was near so late. as for anime USA i waqnna go, and i actually have the money but were short handed so getting it off is gonna be as close to impossible as you can get.

I can't wait for LOTR and you can bet i'll be there.

daguru
11-17-2003, 04:31 PM
*raises hand for LOTR*

The-Real-Link
11-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Ouch no way I could make plans quite that fast but an LOTR gathering sounds cool. I'll have to see how it works with my suitemate and our Christmas break, seeing as I think we're off when it debuts as well as him being a big LOTR fan. Maybe he can join us but I don't think he's into anime or cosplay whatsoever but there's always a time to start! :) I'll just stay posted on everyone's availability as it gets closer.

Shadowlvr
11-17-2003, 10:36 PM
I will be there for LOTR! Do ya guys wanna see it the day it comes out? Lol im pretty far south in michigan in a town called monroe, i dont even know if anybody here would kno were that is but its like 30 mins south of detroit lol thats always a good refrense point. I can make it up to like Royal Oak lol sooooo tell me if that close to any of yous and ill be able to go to the next get together lol. ^_^

Yorusagi
11-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Well the lord of the rings comes out on december 17th, so that would be on a wednesday. Luckily though ill be out of school by then so ill actually have that day off!! yay! i think a good spot to go would be the great lakes crossing mall star theaters in auburn hills. We can all go eat something before, they got a nice little sushi cafee there thats pretty good in the food court too. Theres also another i think would be good would be "the last samurai". I dont know if anyone else is interested in literature but the story is really good! And since we all like the japanese i think its worth thinking about ^^

Irvy
11-18-2003, 01:23 AM
I won't be going for LotR But I should be going for Ohayocon. Btw the cosplayer who was on room raiders was my friend Bunny ^_^

NarcissistDandy
11-18-2003, 01:01 PM
rebar actually comes in many shapes. I used a lot of it in my metal shop. and yeah, i'm going to anime usa so i won't be able to make a lotr gathering.

Shadowlvr
11-18-2003, 09:44 PM
I wanted to go to Ohayocon but money has been short lately lol, and ifr i went to Ohayo con i would have wanted to stay cause of the ong drive. Damn lol now i have to wait untill Otakon for my next con. The wait is killing me >_< lol

Catboi Blues
11-25-2003, 10:49 AM
There is still two months until Ohayocon, so things might change during that time.

Well, I'm back from Anime USA now and all I can say is that while I had a lot of fun, but I don't think that I'll make that haul again for that peticular con.

Its almost December, so its time for us to start planning our next gathering. I believe it was Mizuho that brought up the idea to me of a holiday cosplay gathering. I think it would be a fun idea.

panda ninja
11-25-2003, 04:51 PM
once again, ive been buisy with school, but i wasnt a lazy BUM this time and read through everything thats been going on^^ still confused on one thing tho, what theatre are we seeing lotr at?

panda ninja
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
holiday cosplay gathering?!yay! i can get out my christmas Mana costume ^^ lol

Shadowlvr
11-25-2003, 09:57 PM
<~~~also confused.

Arnt we gunna do a Lotr gathering?

So are we gunna do 2 gatherings in December then? Or should we go to the movies with our costumes on ^_^ i would love to see the looks on the peoples faces!

Yorusagi
11-26-2003, 02:16 AM
lol...that would be tooooo funny....to go to see lotr dressed in anime lol. I guess i could make a christmas costume from one of the love hina girls lol.

Anyways i just thought it would be cool to go to the great lakes crossing mall in auburn hills cuzz

1. its close to me *giggles*
2. they have a sushi resto that isnt gross lol

But i guess anywhere not to far from me would be okay. I can get a lift anyways.

*drulls* Cloud is just tooo dreamy in advent children!! Right girls? Why cant guys really look and dress like that in real life without looking weird?? ^^

Catboi Blues
11-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Well, I'm personally up for two events this upcoming month. I've been waiting for Return of the King for some time now, so I'm definately up for that. But I'd like to also have a holiday cosplay gathering on top of that.

panda ninja
11-26-2003, 09:28 AM
we should have the cosplay gathering somewhere out in public, it would be more fun ^^ I think it would be rather fun to go the great lakes crossing and hang out in gameworks for a while for the gathering, my mom wouldnt mind that, she wont let me go to any cosplay gatherings unless they are out in public, she is a safty nut, lol

Shadowlvr
11-26-2003, 04:46 PM
You wanna do it out in public? well isnt the movies out in public enough lol. If i cosplay out in public ill do something less how do i say lol Weirded out for the wee ones lol. Well how do u guys think about that? coplay at movies or make it 2 seperate events.

I wanna go to great lakes crossing that would be kewl lol its like 1 hour and thirty minutes from me though lol. but ill still try to go!

Um for a seperate cosplay gathering we could go to ummm nope wait i think a mall is our best bet lol. so im leaning to a day at great lakes for the movie then another at a diff mall or the same for The Cosplay gathering.

(Cloud is awsome in this movie! i cant wait for it! from what ive seen so far it seems they ruined Sephiroth though *cries*)

The-Real-Link
11-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Hopefully things can be decided in advance so I can git my stuff outta the shop :) Actually though, I guess it's ok if I don't dress up for it but I'd still like to. A mall would be surely an interesting approach and pretty cool, assuming that security doesn't throw us out for making a scene. Dressing for the movie is also unique although I don't know yet if I'd be up for it. No way I could sit in a theater chair with my stuff on I don't think. I know I can just take it off but I'm trying to avoid that!

...No I will not stand for the entire 3 hours 30 minutes or more!^^

Catboi, are you up for another gathering at your place? I don't want to feel like we are driving your mom crazy by hosting everything over there but it does give us enough room, we do tend to keep the place neat, and let your mom sleep. :)

Lazertag in costume = cool only on the basis that we're in costume, most likely not practical (for some of us) :(

For some weird reason a firing range crept into my mind but I don't know anywhere else yet that we could do this save for the malls or someone's house. Thoughts, suggestions, affirmations, or generally scary thoughts are welcome!

Shadowlvr
11-26-2003, 06:58 PM
How about the movies be a non cosplay day.

Then the cosplay gathering could be at ummm The mall or someones house lol because i cant think of nothing else lol. That would be s funny if security kickes us out! ^_^ i would die laughing as they escort us out lol.

Yorusagi
11-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Cool im happy some of you are cool about the great lakes mall....i would actually be able to go! I've dressed up in gothic lolita once at that mall (i did it cuzz one of my friends really into that, and she wanted someone to go with her so i agreed to dress up...it was cool!! Lots of stares...^^)

Lazertag would be fun for a gathering sometime. I used to go alot when i live in Canada.

When it gets real cold, we could also go skating or sumthing. I loooove playing ice hockey (i am canadian after all....) i think it would be kinda nice later on in the winter, what do you guys think?

Maybe for the december gathering we could make it like a christmas party? Isnt there like a christmas town here in michigan somewhere? lol im not sure.....but i think it would be a cool card to send out of a picture of all of us dressed up in any costume, but with a santa hat lol.

*hugs all* i cant to meet you all ^^

Yorusagi
11-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh also, right next to the great lakes theres a borders so if we wanna go check some books at the same time ^^ I really like going there. The waldenbooks in greatlakes is nice cuzz they just started selling anime t-shirts and wallscrolls. There selection is getting huge!

Catboi Blues
11-27-2003, 05:44 AM
Shadowlvr: I can't wait for Advent Children myself. Unfortunately it comes out next summer in Japan on DVD, so its going to be a while for us.

Yorusagi: I can't remember the name of the X-mas town, but I do know that its North a bit, somewhere near Frankenmuth if I remember correctly. Now Frankenmuth, there's a town for ya. Its Bavarian Germany...USA. Fun place to visit/mess around in, and they have some great food up there. But I digress.

As before I'm up for going to see the movie, and having a gathering(2 events). Great Lakes Crossing is a fun place to hang out. I've messed around at Gameworks there before while in my Rage outfit and played DDR for kicks w/ my partner in crime, Narcissist Dandy. In any case, I'm still trying to come up with who I should cosplay as. But I'm still up for whatever everyone agrees on.

Shinobi
11-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey peoples. I know I haven't been around for awhile, but had alot of things to deal with. Selling stuff on eBay is a B*TCH! I think I'm gonna go get a normal job soon. :P

So what the funk is going on? Has a place for the LOTR gathering already been set? What time is it going to be held? I was supposed to go as a goblin/orc type creature, but due to money being sparse (and almost all the costume supply stores online that sell foam latex mask appliances still not re-stocked from Halloween) I'm going to just buy a cloak and some elven ears. I'm cosplaying as Ghetto-fied blackanese elf boy. :D

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving. ;)

panda ninja
11-27-2003, 10:44 AM
ok maybe i should atemp to straiten things out ^^' So we are going to have a Christmas cosplay gathering (most likely at great lakes) and a seperate LOTR movie gathering? If any one likes or dislikes that idea speak up, and perhaps we can get dates and times planed n stuff ^^ gameworks sound good?

The-Real-Link
11-27-2003, 06:33 PM
I guess if there are no other places, and as seeing as how some of us are used to already cosplaying at the mall, it may be a good idea after all. For a time I think it would be best once the majority of us are off for Christmas Break - ie the 17th or 21st, somewhere around there. It is a bit harder to work around everyone's schedules if they work or are in school. Anyone going out of town for Christmas? I'm most likely not going anywhere so I just need to know what days work best for everyone :)

daguru
11-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Sounds great! (im, pretty much, available whenever)

If we're gonna do lazertag, i know the absolute BEST place to do it at. Zap Zone Lazertag has the most elaborate lazertag setup i have ever seen. They have an arcade also....with a ddr extreme.

Ive never been to gameworks, do they have lazertag there too?

Shadowlvr
11-27-2003, 07:06 PM
That works for me. Haveing the Cosplay gathering during the X-Mas break gives me time to think of a costume lol.

panda ninja explain to be what gameworks is, is it just a store or is it like an arcade??? because i have no idea were that is.

Ok then its setteled unless someone has somethin against the plans lol. I cant wait, i wanna cosplay again lol.

Yorusagi
11-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Gameworks is an arcade/bar/restaurant. It's really nice. Gawd i cant tell you how many times ive been there lol. I live 5 mins from the mall so ive hung out there tuns and tuns of times. Theres a really cool game there thats called SkyPirates, its hard to explain, but its not just a game its like an amusement park ride....sorta ^^

We could go there before and/or after the LOTR movie.

Hey all happy thanksgiving!! Joann fabrics is having a HUGE sale tomorow and saturday so it would be a good idea to go check it out for some cheap stuff. Ill be working at the Auburn Hills Joann ETC both days starting at 2 until closing time. So if anyones going there look for me in the fabrics department ;P My names Marie-Michel so check the name tags :)

Shadowlvr
11-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Weres the One you work at??

I had a good thanksgiving. hope you all did 2!!

Ok now we just have to set up times and dates for the meets if everything is settled.

I cant wait ^_^

The-Real-Link
11-28-2003, 03:41 AM
Well that was surely interesting...My mom things me cosplaying in costume at a mall falls somewhere between crazyness and stupidity :( I guess I just have to convince her that people do weird things from time to time.
Shadow, Gameworks is a large arcade in the Great Lakes Crossing mall. I've only been there once but have a card membership so that's cool. They have a huge 2 floor (I thought it was 2 floors) arcade, as well as other things. Zap Zone is a good choice for Lazer Tag too! Does anyone know if the Laserquest in Waterford happened to re-open? I used to go there awhile back but they closed it down. Guess it doesn't realy matter which one we went to, but Daguru is right. Zap Zone does have a very hectic and awesome layout for laser fun :)

Shadowlvr
11-28-2003, 11:52 AM
""Well that was surely interesting...My mom things me cosplaying in costume at a mall falls somewhere between crazyness and stupidity I guess I just have to convince her that people do weird things from time to time. ""

Lol thats pretty funny my mom thinks the same thing lol. Well im up for gameworks then. that sounds pretty cool.

Shinobi
11-28-2003, 01:03 PM
I think I'll stay in the arcade section and play DDR while you guys kill each other. ;)

And mommies are weird (except for Venus!) Cosplayers are not. :P

venus2869
11-28-2003, 08:51 PM
And mommies are weird (except for Venus!) Cosplayers are not. :P

I resemble that remark! lol! Thanks!

Yorusagi
11-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey catboi and .....dandy? (im sorry, i fergot!) It was nice meeting you both. :) Sorry about forgeting that my mom works there, it must have been kinda archward lol. It doesnt happen often when two guys she doesnt know come in asking for me lol. Too bad i didnt get to talk to you more, i really wanted to! You guys seemed so nice and i hope we can talk more next time ^.^

panda ninja
11-28-2003, 10:46 PM
ok srry i havnt replyd recently, buisy n stuff, i kinda like how the 17th sounds, but its up to u guys, sooooo, gameworks at lakeside mall, the 17th, christmas cosplay gathering, now all we need is a time, but still have to know about everyone else if the 17th sounds good ^^

Yorusagi
11-29-2003, 12:13 AM
nopt lakeside, great lakes crossing mall, in auburn hills :)

Shadowlvr
11-29-2003, 01:33 AM
the 17th isnt good for me. i wanna wait untill im off on my Xmas vacation, so i have unlimited time lol.

Im thinking more like the 21st or the 22nd.

Yorusagi
11-29-2003, 02:26 AM
I can deal with the 17th, or anything past the 20th.
As long as it's not on the 18th or 19th since i assume i will work those tow days. But i start my x-mas vacation on the 20th. Im leaving for Canada on the 24th though.

The-Real-Link
11-29-2003, 03:48 AM
Also ROTK comes out around the 17th anyway I thought, but I'd rather get off school for break myself if we're going to really kill a whole afternoon or evening...or night-into-next-day kind of thing ;) My B-day happens to be on the 21st but usually I've not done anything for it like going out, so even if we agreed on the 21st, I would probably have no problem with that.

Guess I get to pull my stuff out of the shop early anyway for this, which is cool cause I miss it! :( Hopefully if we can arrange any dates within a week or so before the event, that would be good but as for rides I know it is up in the air for some people. Should we make a list of who's coming?

Catboi Blues
Narrcisist Dandy
The-Real-Link
Mizuho
Panda (maybe?) Do you know if you could get a ride from parents or friends?
Gryphonic Angel
Shinobi
Shadowlvr
Yorusagi
Daguru
Venus (maybe?) Does your schedule work out?

Anyone else who was at Catboi's party / house gathering, sorry I can't remember everyone's names :(

Please also feel free to speak up as it's late and I may have left out some people's names!

panda ninja
11-29-2003, 10:13 AM
ok, srry i wrote lakeside, im so use to saying that mall, ok, sooooo, how about this, the 21st sound good to everyone?oh and link, i dont think i can go to any parties not in public, as u know, i already told u about my mom ^^ but i will most definatly be seeing you all at the christmas cosplay gathering ^^

The-Real-Link
12-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Well I'll have to wait and see how things go. Right now I have an insane amount of papers and tests to get done by their due dates that is seemingly beyond a mortal's capability to do in the time allowed. But we'll see how the 21st goes.
Oh yeah Shadowlvr, I was talking to Catpaw on the Zelda forum...do you know him?? He rocks! Umm...see if you can drag him up here!! <(o.o)>

Shadowlvr
12-01-2003, 09:59 PM
yea i kno catpaw shes awsome! She cant go though she lives 19 hours away from us -_-

Well im up for the 21st, ill make sure to bring you a present link! Hey if anyone wants to talk about the meet to me since i dont really know alot of you since i wasent at the last meet my AIM address is JeTTboy11 ^_^

so when is the LOTR gathering again?? things are comming up pretty quick!

The-Real-Link
12-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Darn too bad she's so far away. I personally don't know anything else yet about the gatherings but my mom seems ok with it right now.

...Catpaw is a she?!? I never knew that!

venus2869
12-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Well, as long as I can have the date at least a week before hand & if someone can pick us up(depending on where the event is), We're there!

And I'm also thinking of having a get together at my house during Chrismas break week! :mfg: :eek:

NarcissistDandy
12-02-2003, 01:16 PM
ok so what's the general consensus here folks?
I mostly rely on Catboi to fill me in on these things but he has been sucked into megaman battle network lately so i'm here to find out for myself (nevermind the fact that's i'm sitting at his computer right now)

The-Real-Link
12-02-2003, 05:15 PM
I would still think some date after when everyone is out of school or college is best. Spotting people for gas or paying a bit for tickets or food isn't that bad, working around tons of schedules is. I'd say we should think about ROTR first since it is closer but it's not like the party is far off either.
I didn't know if Catboi planned to have stuff at his house again but if Venus wanted to have a party, maybe we can relocate there. Depends on how many people we have coming.

Shadowlvr
12-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Ok if we are planning the LOTR gathering which day will suit you the best then? Im up for the 17th if everyone else is? I wanna see it the day it comes out XD.

>>...Catpaw is a she?!? I never knew that!

Haha yup shes a she. Well she might be able to go to Otakon now! that would be kewl.

Hey Link i havent really posted on your Otakon Zelda trip thread, But i would like to go with you guys if you dont mind. XD

Catboi Blues
12-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Alright everyone, its getting time for us to get everything arranged so that we aren't running around last minute. The LotR gathering we should try to arrange for sometime between the 20th(Sun) and the 23(Wed) so that we can work around peoples schedules. I personally wanted to go see it opening day, but I'm fairly certain that getting tickets would be close to impossible. Now as for the other gathering, the day for that is still up in the air. Venus, you mentioned wanting to have one at your place if I remember correctly.

Raven1841
12-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Hi all. SE Michigan. Sounds about right...

Anyways, Cat Boi and I were talking about ACEN in May. Being poor and all, this is someting my buddies and I actually have to plan a bit for. With that in mind, we were looking over hotel costs and registration fees and thinking about gas and milage and what not. Well, it comes down to this. The more people we go with, the better. ACEN will be offering a group discount on registration, and the hotel and travel are definately cheaper, after all the more people we can cram together, the better? right? riiight? Anyways, were starting to plan for this event. and the more people we can get the better. anyone intrested, do E-mail me.

Raven1841@rgamers.com